Early (Imaginary) Pregnancy Symptoms
interested to hear and share ppls symptoms

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 R.MACA

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

Hi all,

Couldn't easily find a post regarding Early Pregnancy symptoms (or in my case Imaginary lol)

I am interested to hear peoples experiences / symptoms that they have had and whether they have turned into a BFN or BFP.

so far for me I have had:
** Continuously Thirsty for the last 3 days no matter how much water i drink
** Dry mouth / almost metallic taste to it - kinda goes hand in hand with the thirsty part
** Peeing all the time (sorry TMI lol) - i think thats due to all the water im drinking!
** stuffy nose at night and first thing in the morning
** Cough - Generally feeling unwell - kinda cold like..

AF is due on Friday, tested this morning a BFN ! i really hate that white space... wonder if I could be imaging all of the above???

#2 R.MACA

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (R.MACA @ 20/02/2013, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all,

Couldn't easily find a post regarding Early Pregnancy symptoms (or in my case Imaginary lol)

I am interested to hear peoples experiences / symptoms that they have had and whether they have turned into a BFN or BFP.

so far for me I have had:
** Continuously Thirsty for the last 3 days no matter how much water i drink
** Dry mouth / almost metallic taste to it - kinda goes hand in hand with the thirsty part
** Peeing all the time (sorry TMI lol) - i think thats due to all the water im drinking!
** stuffy nose at night and first thing in the morning
** Cough - Generally feeling unwell - kinda cold like..

AF is due on Friday, tested this morning a BFN ! i really hate that white space... wonder if I could be imaging all of the above???

Oh yea forgot another one
** Veins appearing all over my body especially my shins and my arms from my wrists to my shoulders.. eeewww

#3 emelsy

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

I was sure I was pregnant, I had so many EPS, my period was even really late when it's usually pretty regular. Alas I wasn't.
The following month I had no symptoms, nothing at all but I was pregnant. Go figure!
I think the mind is extremely powerful. Good luck!

#4 R.MACA

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

thanks for your response emelsy - interesting that the power of the mind....

congrats on your pregnancy - hearing the good news stories makes it all easier to get through....

#5 mel43

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

I always get IPS.
We're not even trying - medically I'm not allowed to, so no oopsies either.
Yesterday I swear I peed about 20 times before midday. AF reliably turned up today.
Progesterone has a lot to answer for!

Good luck OP, hope you get your BFP asap original.gif

#6 MrsPoon

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

My current IPS or FX PS for the last 3 days are: Hot flashes at night, headaches in the afternoon, thirst, Slight cramps, indigestion and vivid dreams!
AF is also due in Friday... But the cramping makes me think AF will show her ugly face soon sad.gif
Don't want to test beforehand as I don't want to get a bfn..

Edited by MrsPoon, 21 February 2013 - 02:31 AM.

#7 R.MACA

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:32 AM

Hi guys, well i have another symptom to add, last night i got these weird af like cramps but not as painful.
Mrs poon -so glad someone else is feeling the thirst thing. Im not as thirsty as ive bren the last 4 days today thank goodness.
Im a poas addict so i tested this morning, bfn sad.gif i think that im loosing hope and that af will make an appearance tomorrow evening sad.gif

#8 R.MACA

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:34 AM

QUOTE (MrsPoon @ 21/02/2013, 03:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My current IPS or FX PS for the last 3 days are: Hot flashes at night, headaches in the afternoon, thirst, Slight cramps, indigestion and vivid dreams!
AF is also due in Friday... But the cramping makes me think AF will show her ugly face soon sad.gif
Don't want to test beforehand as I don't want to get a bfn..

We can be af buddies lol.... Let me know how you go. original.gif

#9 MrsPoon

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

TMI - i have brown discharge this morning. This happens when AF is about to entre the building... sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
so im expecting her to show her ugly face tmr. sure - we can be AF and cycle buddies!  

so they were IPS after all for me...  

sigh - i was really hoping this month is the month! i did OPKs and charted my temps and all the signs were so good! BD timing were perfect too! *whinge/ vent* over...  haha

R.MACA - what's ur TTC story?

#10 R.MACA

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE (MrsPoon @ 21/02/2013, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TMI - i have brown discharge this morning. This happens when AF is about to entre the building... sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif
so im expecting her to show her ugly face tmr. sure - we can be AF and cycle buddies!  

so they were IPS after all for me...  

sigh - i was really hoping this month is the month! i did OPKs and charted my temps and all the signs were so good! BD timing were perfect too! *whinge/ vent* over...  haha

R.MACA - what's ur TTC story?

Hi MrsPoon,
Bummer about AF (did she end up showing?) whinge and vent all you like original.gif it will probably me doing it so soon.
I miscalculated my days, I am actually due tonight and so far nothing. I am having weird AF like cramps and a sore lower back but thats it....Which could very well mean that AF is on her way.

My TTC story - I am 33, my DH and I got married exactly one year ago on Sunday. This is our 3rd month of TTC - I didn't realise how hard it would be TTC (i have been off the Pill since feb 2012). I just thought when you decided it would happen instantly. All at once most ppl i know friends/family had issues TTC we decided (well i did and convinced DH) to start TTC earlier than planned... plus i heard once you hit 35 it gets that much harder...I have a 33 day cycle (normally comes early evening of the 33rd day) - no idea when I ovulate.. really really hope this month is our month...

Whats your TTC story?

#11 Guest_Lilybird_*

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

Thought I would add my BFP symptoms as well as the IPS I had for the previous 6 months!

Usual IPS

*always thinking my bbs hurt more than last month ... but would go away 2 days before AF
*Bad skin breakouts
*Occasionally I would get excited over a sore back  rolleyes.gif

EPS for BFP

*Absolutely miserable from about 3dpo (but pretty sure that's too early lol!) Moping around the house convinced something was wrong with me and I would never have a baby
*About 9dpo woke up with a sore throat, which developed into a cold, which I still have at 5 weeks sad.gif
* Had a dream that I was pregnant - happened with dd as well. Vivid dreams in general
*2 drinks and I would feel dizzy and drunk
*Started feeling nauseous around 13dpo
*Bbs were EXACTLY the same as normal AF, except maybe slightly less sore. Went away two days before AF, and I presumed I was out.

Only other "odd" thing for our bfp month was that at ovulation I had lots of cramps and felt like things were "pulling" all over the place! Usually I don't feel anything and use opks to work out when I'm ovulating. So not sure if that was related to the bfp?

#12 Baby0001

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

I've been getting IPS since I started to read about all the symptoms, so ridiculous laughing2.gif Every little thing in my body and my mind automatically goes 'oh pregnancy' even though only started TTC this month, haven't even O'd yet so it's impossible
The power of the mind is amazing! Before we decided to 100% go for TTC I was having dreams about babies/giving birth regularly, and then every night! The day we decieded to would go for it, the dreams stopped..
Otherwise I'm just mad  huh.gif

#13 R.MACA

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

Hi baby 0001 and lilybird thanks for your feedback. Especially regarding eps symptoms.
I have another symptom to report, I've had af like cramps for the last 3 days to a point that I'm running to the bathroom to check but no sign of af it's driving me crazy. I also having lower back pain. on the bonus my cough is a little better...
Don't know what's going on with me i tested this morning and bfn. Any ideas on what's going on? Could i actually be utd? af was due Thur night. Any assistance will be appreciated. Either af comes or i get a bfp not that hard DAM ITSorry guys vent over

#14 Baby0001

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

I wouldn't rule it out yet then, maybe it's too early to show up on the test, maybe try waiting a few more days before testing again, I hope AF doesn't turn up!!I'm new to all this though so I'm prob not the best for advice... Hope you get a BFP  hands.gif

#15 questionable1

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

I'm only new to ttc and recently diagnosed with PCOS (long, irregular cycles).

It confuses me because I can't rely on AF showing up to tell me whether I am pregnant or not!

The symptoms Ive had include tiredness, tender breasts (but possibly imaginary or from thinking they are tender and pressing them lol!), I had cramping last week and light bleeding so don't know whether it was a light AF or what, and this week Ive been tired, irritable, lacking energy, sore in the legs which is what I normally get when AF is due. Will soon know in the next few days whether its AF or maybe just had a bit of a bug.

#16 R.MACA

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE (questionable1 @ 24/02/2013, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm only new to ttc and recently diagnosed with PCOS (long, irregular cycles).

It confuses me because I can't rely on AF showing up to tell me whether I am pregnant or not!

The symptoms Ive had include tiredness, tender breasts (but possibly imaginary or from thinking they are tender and pressing them lol!), I had cramping last week and light bleeding so don't know whether it was a light AF or what, and this week Ive been tired, irritable, lacking energy, sore in the legs which is what I normally get when AF is due. Will soon know in the next few days whether its AF or maybe just had a bit of a bug.

Hi Questionable1 - welcome to the board original.gif I have been MIA since last month - it was a big month for me - I did 2 mud runs and had my wedding anniversary so didn't get a chance to login - FYI i did end up getting AF last month - and here I am again this month - AF due this fri - sun (not regular) - I REFUSE to test and really have no symptoms that are unusal that I havent had with PMC, so only time will tell..

You might be - happy thoughts going out to you and lots of baby dust...The symptoms sound promising

xx

#17 raone

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

My real pregnancy symptoms before my bfp which i didn't realise i was having them till later were making too much saliva. I also got period type cramps for about four days but it never came. Didn't think i was pregnant as we had stopped trying. Did a pregnancy test thinking i wouldn't be. I almost forgot to check the test had a little freak out when i did. Ds is now 7 months old!

#18 tle

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

Last time I had EPS  I was totally convinced I was pg. I was about to head off for a weekend that would involve a lot of drinking (AF due while away) so I did heaps of tests because I didn't want to drink if I was pg.  All tests (including early pg ones) were BFN. Turned out I was too ill to drink anyway and we ended up coming home early.  Just as well...my twins are now 7yrs old.

#19 sunshine_state

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:07 AM

I started a thread about my IPS just a few days ago.  Still no period here.  Not sure what's going on! original.gif

#20 eks81

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

The only EPS I had was a nasty case of heartburn (I've never had it before, nor since, and I was convinced I was having a heart attack lol!) and I was sooooooooooo tired. Falling asleep on the drive home which is only 25 minutes kind of tired (and no, I wasn't driving!). I tested and got a BFN so continued on my merry way with a best friends 30th pub crawl, a good food and wine (lots of wine!) show and we went to a state of origin footy match (lots of beer...). I have PCOS so had no idea when AF was due. 2 weeks later, BFP and he's just turned 2! I was about 6 - 7 weeks when I found out and sure enough, about 2 days after my BFP morning sickness showed up around the time it normally starts.

#21 dolcengabbana

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

EPS for me include
Sore achy enlarged breasts
Nausea ( like I haven't been able to get my food all the way down and its just sits in my shest)
Cramping (completely messes with my mind)
Blocked Sinuses every pregnancy at night in bed hard to breath through my nose
Dry metallic mouth
Urinate frequently (also becasue of drinking in excess of 3 ltr becasue of the dry metaliic mouth)
Mild Constipation
Exhaustion (I am a typically going to bed at 10.30-11pm now 7.45pm last night)
My skin becomes less dry but not oily just better!

#22 seayork2002

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

I had none of those when I was pregnant, However for months even years I think, after my son was born I could still feel him kick on the odd ocassion. it freaked me out.

#23 R.MACA

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

Thanks all for your responses, interesting to see all the different symptoms - either imaginary or early original.gif It seems like anything can be an early pregnancy symptom lol.

I started getting weird mild like AF cramps on Tues night and went away yesterday and came back last night.... Our bodies do like to play tricks on us original.gif Will test on Sat morning if I can hold out that long.... might cave and test tomorrow morning....

Anyone at the end of their 2WW and want to join obessing over symptoms with me?? original.gif

xo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Australia's top baby names of 2013

Essential Baby has compiled the data available from government records around the country to bring you the list of Australia's top baby names of 2013.

Sara James: fighting for my daughter

Sara James was a high-profile New York journalist, but it was her own daughter's story which raised the most questions.

Siblings and best of friends

I know we'll have some tense moments. I know there will be arguments. But I also know these two will always have this most beautiful bond.

In defence of mums on the phone

I know news stories always attract a range of opinions, and I know they're a place for people to have an anonymous dig in. However, I also know that this mum bashing has to stop.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

Pregnancy essentials for the second and third trimesters

So you're through the first trimester of pregnancy - congratulations! Here are some tips for getting through the next six months as comfortably and happily as possible.

Coles Easter eggs recalled due to presence of tree nuts

An allergic reaction has lead to the urgent recall of a variety of Coles brand Easter eggs.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Why I love the small age gap between my kids

Six months after our son turned one, we welcomed son number two into our lives. Yes, the small age gap had been planned - and there are things I love and hate about that small gap.

Parents warned about posting kids' photos online

Parents could be putting their kids at risk by posting images and information online which give away personal details, such as where they go to school and which parks they frequent.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Mum's the word when it comes to baby news

The arrival of a baby is big news, but friends and family need to understand it is not their news to share.

What?s in your parenting toolbox?

So often as parents, we don?t really talk about our ?parenting toolboxes?. But you need to be aware of what you and your partner are working with, and to decide what does and doesn't fit in your lives.

Classroom pregnancy prank goes viral

An American college professor has had to rethink his strict rule about answering cell phones in class after being the victim of an April Fools' prank that has gone viral.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Australia's top baby names of 2013

Essential Baby has compiled the data available from government records around the country to bring you the list of Australia's top baby names of 2013.

Video: Dad turns son into action movie hero

Many kids would love to be an action movie hero in real life, but very few will ever be able to see themselves in movies like these.

Toilet training in winter

There?s no need to stop thinking about toilet training just because the temperature is dropping: winter is a good a time as any to start the process.

What do you do all day?

It's the question all new mothers dread. For Kate Fridkis, it's a question that strikes to the heart of what it is to be a woman.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Video: Baby starts his day with a dance party

Few people start their day the same way this little guy does ? dancing, smiling, and generally having an awesome time.

IKEA announces bed canopy recall

IKEA has recalled its range of bed canopies designed to suspend above children?s beds following reported cases of injuries and entanglement.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.