New Jeans
what jeans do you wear?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 icekool

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

Posting here for more traffic.

I went out to the shops all ready to buy myself new jeans. I do have many pairs but wanted some new ones. It has been a while since I bought some. I don't wear skinnys' as I don't have skinny legs.
I wear straight legs.
I went into Guess and I found their jeans so thin! I don't think I would get much wear out of it.

What jeans do you wear?
Where did you buy them from?

#2 vanessa71

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

I bought two new pairs late last year, Levi's Curve ID in bootcut and NYDJ in straight leg.

Happy with both of them.

Edited by vanessa71, 19 February 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#3 *bibs*

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

GAP jeans I find really comfortable, soft and a very flattering fit.

#4 YodaTheWrinkledOne

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

Levis and Target jeans.  Yep, big difference in price.  Target ones seem to be wearing well though.

#5 againagain

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

I'm a cheap-skate so I buy JeansWest as they have 2 pair for $99. Very comfy. I think I have a pair of bootcut and a pair of relazed bootcut and some skinny legs to wear with boots.

#6 Bluenomi

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:26 AM

I've discovered that Katies jeans are great for the post baby body. They have a bit more room in the hips than most without looking like baggy, fat lady pants.

I used to live in Jeanswest jeans but they changed their styles and discountinued mine  cry1.gif

#7 Peppery

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

I buy Jeans West jeans in short length from their website. I have never been able to buy a pair of jeans and not pay to get inches taken off the bottom so i was happy to discover they have a short range on their website.

#8 Z-girls rock

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:40 AM

I bought a pair of Target jeans. everytime I wear them I get compliments from work colleagues.

I find they wear out pretty quicky (compared to other jeans I have had in the past) but they are cheap enough to replace as often as needed.

#9 wilding

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

I get mine custom fit through http://www.makeyourownjeans.com/?gclid=CLy...CFUYhpQodgX0APQ  If i'm in a pinch, the $20 jeans from target work.

#10 fillesetjumeaux

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

I have recently discovered Target jeans too!

Other than that, I lived in GAP jeans for a long time - very comfy and long-lasting - and I have a pair of Sass & Bide jeans that I loved before I fell pg and changed shape entirely post-babies, rendering them useless!!!

#11 SummerStar

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

I discovered current/Elliot a year ago, well tried them for the first time then, and love them. I also wear Paige denim and J brand.
Definitely going to buy more current/Elliot they have been the most comfortable so far and the nicest denim.

I used to wear sass & bide before the quality of all their stuff dropped hugely and now I can barely give my s&b stuff away. So that's one brand I WOULDN'T recommend.

#12 hayleymumof3

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

Jeanswest I will recommend them to anyone I love mine had them almost a year now.  They wash great wear well and keep their colour.

plus you get 2 pairs for $99.

#13 CallMeProtart

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

Jeans West. Bootcut. And they now have a 'tummy trimmer' one which keeps my gelatinous masses in check.

#14 countrylivingmum

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

I brought 4 pairs of jeans west jeans about 2 years ago still going strong! Can't wear them right now being almost 8 months preg but they were worn all the time and still look new! Also I found a good pair from a rivers outlet store for $15. I was surprised the amount of compliments I got when I wore them:)

Edited by countrylivingmum, 20 February 2013 - 01:13 PM.

#15 SlinkyMalinki

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

I don't mind Jag or Mavi.

Jeans West I find stretch really quickly.  Sass & Bide hasn't fit me since having children.  Target gape at the back.

#16 EBeditor

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

Jag make a nice straight leg, in good quality denim.

#17 DandS

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

I have 4 pairs of Jag jeans (in varying colours/styles), which are wearing very well. Not too expensive either.

#18 March*baby

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

A timely thread! biggrin.gif

I'm still wearing my Jeanswest maternity jeans 11 months after DS's birth! ph34r.gif I have skinny legs, but can't shift the post baby stomach.

So I either have the choice of baggy legged jeans that fit my stomach, or jeans that fit around my waist but are baggy everywhere else.

Any skinny legged women who carry all their weight around their midriff have any jean reccommendations?

#19 no spring chicken

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

Another vote for Mavi and I'm a recent J brand convert. Neither brand is cheap but I just got fed up w/ the crappy, falling off you by the end of the day, quality of the likes of Jeans West, Sportsgirl et al. As pretentious as I know this sounds, jeans are an investment, especially if , like me, you wear them nearly every day in winter. I'm always amazed at friends who balk at spending more than say $80 on jeans but don't mind forking out loads on a pair of 'fashion' shoes/boots that are out of fashion before the season is over. Or spend more on their hair in single appointment.
I'm sounding a bit cranky-pants today.

#20 emwill

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

Jeans West here too! I find most other slim or straight leg jeans don't fit over my thighs and if I buy a size bigger to get over my thighs they are too big in the waist. I have runners thighs like horse legs lol  Jeans West have the Curve Em bracer Jeans which are made for real women with curves or runners with horse thighs.

#21 sammyv

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

I love my Hudson jeans, I have two pairs. I also have a number of Sass & Bide straight leg jeans.  I have skinny Max Shop Jeans and Witchery Jeans, and a pair of bootleg Jag Jeans.

#22 cuddlebud

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

Post baby I've been wearing Calvin Klein straight leg jeans or their 'body' ones are awesome too, really comfy and there's a little pocket of elastic at the ack waistband that stops plumbers - worth trying.
Also like lucky brand jeans - sweet n straight (I buy them online from lucky brand), has a good rise and upper leg room for my 'generous' thighs. These are the most comfy and I always end up wearing them for walks, gymbaroo etc.

#23 ShopgirlX

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

This thread has made me realise that I need to go out and get myself a real grown up pair of jeans.  Post babies (and maybe post moving into a double story house - damn those stairs!) I have less bum and hips than I do tummy sad.gif so my old pants are cutting me in half and not staying up properly at the same time.

Who wants to take me shopping?  Tounge1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Britain's youngest parents: mother 12, father 13

A 12-year-old schoolgirl and her 13-year-old boyfriend are believed to have become Britain?s youngest parents, after the birth of their baby girl earlier this week.

When Prince George met Bilby George

Prince George has met an Aussie marsupial named after him in his first official engagement in Australia.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Pregnant woman dies after doctor removes ovary instead of appendix

When a UK woman went to hospital suffering appendicitis, doctors mistakenly removed her healthy ovary - with tragic consequences.

The milestones I can't wait to celebrate

Nothing can beat the feeling of witnessing that first smile, first step and first word - but here's a list of 'firsts' I'm really looking forward to now.

How you develop in your baby's first year

Just as babies undergo rapid growth as they learn and change in their first year, we?re learning and changing quickly as parents, too. Don?t underestimate the developmental stages you go through when you have a baby.

Can you make your baby smarter even before birth?

A product new to Australia claims to help babies be born "as intelligent as possible", but not all experts agree on the benefits of educating babies while still in the womb.

How a mother's love helped unearth the skills of an autistic savant

Autistic savant Ping Lian Yeak, a prodigious artist who has had his work shown all over the world, couldn't have done it without the support and love of his proud mum.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

A tiny heart: a baby?s death gives life to another

Simon Alexander Garcia lived only one brief hour. But somewhere, a little girl?s heart is beating today because of him.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Why is childbirth still such a pain?

The options given to women to help them cope in labour have barely changed in years.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.