This weeks challenge is.....

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 winkwink

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:09 AM

Planes, trains & automobiles!

Totally up to you how you capture them - whole, scale, high, low but I hope you have fun!

The Rules:
One photo per person which has been taken this week (starting TUESDAY). Everyone is welcome to join in. Competition will start Tuesday with submissions ending the following Monday.

If you wish, please note your rating after your image:
Rating 1 Beginner (just got my camera)
Rating 2 Amateur (learning about settings)
Rating 3 Hobbyist (have a good grasp of the theory)
Rating 4 Semi Pro (improved well beyond when I started)
Rating 5 Pro/serious hobbyist (I'm well experienced and have been doing this for quite a while)

All images must be up by next MONDAY at (9pm EDST, 8pm EST, 7.30pm CST, 6pm WST) for inclusion.

Remember the EB rules state images within posts must be smaller than 500 (wide) x 470 (high) pixels and 100kb.

Challenge History

Love - winkwink
Air - Peanut
Water - Kee~In~Hawaii
Delicate - Silverwattle
Lines (B&W) - LittleC
Architecture - rbat
Open challenge - millie71
Something New - raven74
Bokeh - mummy26
Christmas - Peanut
Food - rbat
Portrait - elle-M
Macro/close up - ILBB
Rule of Thirds - mummy26
Vanishing point - rbat
Patterns in nature - Jupiter123
Fun - Silverwattle
Seven - mummy26
Texture - ILBB
At Home - elle-M
Nostalgia - rbat
Reflection - Bryden
Half - Nut
Spring - millie71
Antique - elle-M
Tells a story - Ev
Postcard - raven74
Favourite things - winkwink
Long exposure - rbat
Wings - silverwattle
Sweet - rbat
Light - Skepticaemia
Wild - Mecurial
Moody - BeagleBoy
In the eye of the beholder - cat
Symmetry - JamieLee85
Serenity - winkwink
Out Of Place - Peanut
Water Drop Shot - blue4me
One - Raven74
Black & White Portrait - rbat
Red - Luckyseven
Suggestive - Abbygirl
Mostly Black/Mostly white - PrincessPinkenIt
Autumn - Superman+4Sisters
Capturing Action - Peanut
Black and white perspective - Abbygirl
Shadows - winkwink
Props - Jalex
Numbers - apocketfull

#2 ~Kee~In~Hawaii~

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

ddance.gif I love you wink wink! You have no idea how obsessed I am with planes (Peanut may have an idea from the USA thread!) so this weeks challenge is right up my alley. Thank you, I go to the airport to do some plane-spotting every week and now this week I have an excuse!

Great win too, that cake has me craving all sorts of sweet stuff now!

#3 Peanut

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

Heh heh Kee!

There's no end of planes, trains and automobiles in this household...!

#4 JaneLane

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

Good topic winkwink! Just wondering if it is just planes, trains & automobiles only?  Or can it be along the same sort of theme with helicopters, boats etc?

#5 winkwink

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Oh yay Kee, I was so worried everyone would find it boring.  Peanut we also have an endless supply in our household and he knows them all by name laughing2.gif

blue4me - I don't see why it can't be all modes of transportation, so helicopters and boats are fine  biggrin.gif

#6 PrincessPinkenIt

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

Hoping to jump back into weekly challenges with this theme original.gif May have to take the camera into work

#7 rbat

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

I love going to the viewing area too Kee, it is a great spot. I have only taken my camera a couple of times though. Would love to see the shots you have taken down there.

#8 rbat

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

huh.gif No entries this week? Where is everyone?

This was the Adelaide sunset last night, gorgeous.

Flying by rbat75, on Flickr

#9 ~Kee~In~Hawaii~

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

That's beautiful rbat! In stark contrast, here's mine from this morning ... in the rain. Gotta love Adelaide!

It seems on the week I thought this challenge was right up my alley, I've had no time to head to the airport purely for photo-taking (only to drop people off for flights) and no chance even when I have been near to get a decent shot. This is not a favourite at all but will have to do ... I've also loaded a couple of others I took while dropping off my cousin at the airport but they were rushed and boring shots.

Planes, Trains & Automobiles.

Maybe everyone else has spectacular shots they are waiting until the last minute to post - just to keep us guessing??

#10 strangelittlebunny

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

Ok have been stalking you all for ages determined to participate but have been slack. Not sure if this is how you link an image but here I go.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/quinwich/8506.../in/photostream

Love the entries so far

#11 JaneLane

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

Love all the photos so far!

Here is mine of a silly fishing trawler that got stuck on the rocks too close to shore.  Helicopters kept buzzing over and also the runway is not far away so there were several planes landing or taking off while I was sitting around.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/blueforme/850.../in/photostream

#12 Bryden

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

Another dismal attempt from me. We are flooded in again, however. So at least I have a decent excuse..lol.

EB challenge - Plnes, Trains and Automobiles. by Bryden3, on Flickr

This is the train up close. Not sure why but I prefer the first image.

P,T&A (alternate) by Bryden3, on Flickr

Teressa

#13 Peanut

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

I wish I had an image to enter but its not been a very good week and now its already Monday, gah!

Now that I've seen the entries posted I'm glad I didn't attempt the old raid from DS's toybox photo.  It wouldn't be nearly as good as your shots girls!

Good luck choosing a winner Wendy...!

#14 TopsyTurvy

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

Another who didn't get a chance to do anything this week.

Some fantastic images to chose from though biggrin.gif

#15 SW-

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

Great shots ladies.

I had planned to go out and take light trails of the car lights....but it rained every evening.

So had about 5 mins today and went out to practice panning. Definitely need loads more practice!

car panning by silver wattle, on Flickr

Edited by silverwattle, 25 February 2013 - 06:12 PM.

#16 PrincessPinkenIt

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

EB Challenge ~ trains by PrincessPinkenIt, on Flickr

Not the best photo, but it is one that fits the brief I think...

Sorry if I'm late

Edited by PrincessPinkenIt, 25 February 2013 - 07:04 PM.

#17 winkwink

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

So good to come back in tonight to see all these amazing entries.  I was getting a little worried when I checked earlier today.  I'm not very good at feedback so apologies for lack of technical comments.  Sorry for the delay, I'm addicted to My Kitchen Rules so have been glued to the tv laughing2.gif

rbat - Oh my goodness, that sky is amazing, the colours are spectacular and I love your composition of the plane.

Kee - Really love the perspective of this shot.  The viewing area at Adelaide airport seems a lot less restricted than up here.  I hope it dries up by Saturday when I'm flying down there.

strangelittlebunny - I love it, such a cute car the little Bambino and in amazing condition.  The men in my family are totally car mad, my brother in law bought one of these several years ago just because he could.  I'm average height (5'5") but remember my head could nearly poke out the sunroof when we went for a drive.  It was so much fun!

blue4me - I was wondering if someone would capture more than one mode of transport in a shot.  Absolutely brilliant!  I also didn't see the other boat until a second look, I love the dark clouds as well.  Very well done.

Bryden - I'm going to judge on your first shot since it's the one you prefer.  It's also my pick of the two  wink.gif It's been a couple of years since we went to the Big Pineapple but my DS loved going on the train.  I love the perspective on this one, it's like you are going on an adventure into the woodlands.  Is the Nut Mobile still running?

silverwattle - I salute you!  I have tried so many times and I just cannot get panning, so I'm very impressed with your capture.  Love the black & white and wonder if the driver is waving to you as they pass?

PrincessPinkenit - I like the moody almost eerie feeling and the way the lights are glowing against the trains.  If I was there however I'd probably be running to my car, I get spooked very easy.

So sorry it's taken me so long, I kept going over and over all the wonderful shots.  I have a couple of favourites, but the winner this week belongs to............

blue4me

On a side note to all the Brisbane girls, I hope you're staying dry and not affected by any flooding.  I can't believe how much rain has fallen today.

Edited by winkwink, 25 February 2013 - 09:41 PM.

#18 Peanut

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:37 AM

Well done blue4me, your photo is epic!

Top job with the judging Wendy, it wouldn't have been an easy job.  We are high and dry with no flooding, however the recent rains have encouraged a high birth rate among the local frog population so we had a full-on choir going last night.  The babies are so cute, but LOUD!!

Baby photos in my Flickr

Edited by Peanut, 26 February 2013 - 07:38 AM.

#19 strangelittlebunny

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

Congratulations blue4me, nice shot. And thanks to all for making me feel welcome I am going to try and participate in challenges as much as I can.

#20 JaneLane

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

Oh wow thankyou!

I have to duck out to pick up DS1 so I will have a think about the next challenge topic and post it a bit later.

Thanks again!  biggrin.gif

#21 SW-

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

Congratulations Blue4me!

Congratulations Blue4me!

Congratulations Blue4me!

#22 SW-

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

lol silly iPad!

#23 rbat

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

roll2.gif silverwattle!

And what she said..... original.gif

#24 LittleC

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

Fantastic shots this week everyone. Congratulations blue4me!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Life with anxiety

At times, I feel pretty worthless. In those moments, all I want to do is curl up into a ball and hide in the dark. I can try to quiet my mind, but it won?t shut up.

IVF leaves woman pregnant with another couple's twins

An Italian woman has been told the twins she is three months pregnant with are not hers.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

What you need for the 'fourth trimester'

In my opinion, the first three months after the birth are the most intense. Here's what got me through that time after welcoming my baby.

Weaning a toddler off a dummy: a 15-day plan

Weaning your child off the dummy can be a traumatic experience for both of you. Here are some tips to help you through.

Choosing to be a solo parent

Two women share their stories of longing for a baby so much that they each decided not to wait for a partner before becoming a mum.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Mum's heartbreak as son dies in road accident

Daly Thomas and her two young sons were walking home from church on Tuesday afternoon. Her youngest son never made it.

New Kate Spade baby bag designs

Don?t adjust your screen: this bright beauty is coming to you in full colour.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.