School photos
Large family section

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 @m@nd@

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

So this is my first year with two at school.
We have just received the school photo form, I'm not sure
What to do? Get a whole indivdual pack each or get the sibling picture and
just then their group class photo?  
Would love to hear what your family
Does?
Apology for the jumpiness on my phone.

#2 butterflyangels

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

I generally just get the class photo for my kids

#3 Fr0g

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

I tend to get the cheapest pack offered out of guilt, get the photos, look at them once and lose them.

Our school produces a beautiful, full colour yearbook with photos, school events, artwork, poetry etc etc that I prefer to school pics!

#4 qak

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

I have been getting the cheapest pack (includes individual photos, class photo, and all class mates by name) - as they are now both in school I am getting a family/joint photo as well.

The cheapest pack was $29 each, plus $12 for the family photo. So $70 all up here.  Some of the packs have so many photos I have no idea what you would do with them all!

#5 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

Just the class photo. The individual ones used to turn out looking terrible as the kids had been running around at school during the day and hair and clothes ended up messy. We have more than enough photos of the little darlings anyway.

#6 Sunny003

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

All.
I'm making a photo wall of each years individual pic. Joint pic goes in frame between the boys beds (they share).

#7 choccy2

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

when my girls were in the same school I always bought each of their class shots and the family photo.

#8 Turn left

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

We do the individual photos and class photos.  No joint family photo.

#9 a2z

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

We do kindergarten, yr3 and yr6, spreads the cost out and each child gets some school photos. Will only do the sibling pic when all four are at school together.

#10 unicycle

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

None

#11 CafeCat

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

I buy the cheapest pack with the individual portrait ($33). The photographer has a third and subsequent child half price deal. We usually get the $12 group photo too.

#12 deedee70

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:52 AM

We get sibling pic , cheapest pack...it's not like we're lacking in photos of them!!!
Also get a class pic, but not every year oh and not for the eldest as his school send home a year book each year with every students pic in it!
biggrin.gif
ETA It's an exy exercise as we have 4 in 3 schools now so the girls will get the sib pack and the boys their own!

Edited by deedee70, 18 February 2013 - 07:54 AM.

#13 The 7 Dwarfs

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

I buy and individual pack & class photo for all, plus a sibling pack. I buy them every year and I have 5 in school.

#14 Feral-Lausii

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

Don't buy them at all. huge waste of money for crap photos.

Edited by Lausii, 18 February 2013 - 10:00 AM.

#15 ~Jodama_Feral~

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

We get the class, individual and family one, every year for both kids. I love them even though they arent the greatest photos.

I am so glad my Mum kept all of mine from every year I was at school. The kids love looking at them and so do I, they bring back some great memories.

#16 TurtleTamer

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

We got cheapest individual pack with class photo for each of them.  No sibling photo.  When I have more kids at school I may but it seemed a waste to get one of the 2 at school when it's only 2/5.

#17 cantstayaway

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

I also get the cheapest pack with class and individual photos.  I sometimes get the sibling photo, but not every year.  I have been known to splash out and get accessories eg keyring as well.

My kids love pulling out their school photos to have a look - I used to do the same thing also.

#18 JapNFeral

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

This year is prep for child 3 and year 6 for child 1 and only year all 3 will be in school together.

So I have gone all out and bought 3 packs (individual plus class photo), 3 sibling photos and 1 digital sibling photo.

Its a bit of an additional expense but it is a special year. All 3 are looking forward to the sibling shot.

And I have to say year in year out we get good shots - amazing all kids are smiling and looking at the camera.

Edited by JAPN2, 18 February 2013 - 11:07 AM.

#19 Heather11

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE (kriattica @ 18/02/2013, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We get the class, individual and family one, every year for both kids. I love them even though they arent the greatest photos.

I am so glad my Mum kept all of mine from every year I was at school. The kids love looking at them and so do I, they bring back some great memories.

Same.

I only buy the basic pack and now all three are at school we get the family shot.

My kids love looking back on those of DH and I.  

#20 ~sydblue~

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

QUOTE (a2z @ 17/02/2013, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We do kindergarten, yr3 and yr6, spreads the cost out and each child gets some school photos.

This is how we do it. When they get to high school we will do 7, 10 & 12.

#21 @m@nd@

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (JAPN2 @ 18/02/2013, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This year is prep for child 3 and year 6 for child 1 and only year all 3 will be in school together.

So I have gone all out and bought 3 packs (individual plus class photo), 3 sibling photos and 1 digital sibling photo.

In 2016 this ^^^ will be exactly me original.gif (except twins in prep)
Lol original.gif

I've decided to skip the sibling pic (with 2016 as the exception) and stick with individual.
I like to put a recent small school/kindy pic in the corner of their newborn pic. <3

#22 Carmie

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

I buy the individual pack for each class and then the sibling photo. Our photos are taken first thing in the morning so the kids still look good and so far I have loved the individual photos taken of all my kids over the last 4years. I also buy the kindy photos. I have their 8x10 individual photo in a frame each on the TV cupboard and then each year I place the new one infront (same with xmas photo) and each year we all love sitting and looking through all the old photos and how much everyone has changed.

#23 Carmie

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

I buy the individual pack for each class and then the sibling photo. Our photos are taken first thing in the morning so the kids still look good and so far I have loved the individual photos taken of all my kids over the last 4years. I also buy the kindy photos. I have their 8x10 individual photo in a frame each on the TV cupboard and then each year I place the new one infront (same with xmas photo) and each year we all love sitting and looking through all the old photos and how much everyone has changed.

#24 fillesetjumeaux

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

I get the packs with the class photos and the individual photos.

I don't do sibling photos, because I figure that it doesn't actually represent the whole family, given they're not all at school - I don't want to pay for photos of just some of my kids!

However, next year, the one and only year that all 5 will be at the same school, I will be getting the sibling photo wink.gif

#25 Superman+4sisters

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

I've only got the family ones a couple of times - but will next year when I have 4 at the one school.

We usually get the basic pack, where you get a selection of individual photos and a class photo. They're pretty sneaky in that they make the class photo really exxy, then only a few dollars extra for the Basic pack

That said, it is often handy to have a properly printed and trimmed individual photo - for things like netball registration and such.

I struggle with the sports photos though. Our netball club offers $20 for a team photo. But times 3 starts to get pretty painful when on top of the school photos.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly café goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.