Deodorant - help!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 galba

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

I've just started a new job and I have to spend a fair bit of the day outside in this really hot weather.  I am sweating buckets and my normal deodorant is just not cutting it.  I've tried roll-ons and sprays - makes no difference.

I desperately need some suggestions for something that works.

Thanks

#2 RealityBites

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

Mitchum Deoderant Roll-On Active.

#3 Guest_LeChatNinjah_*

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

I agree with the Mitchum, but I also find that brands seem to lose their mojo after a while and I have to do a few weeks on another brand.

I prefer solids and am so cranky Mitchum don't make one!

#4 twinboys

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Deodorant is to mask smell
Antiperspirant is to reduce sweat and to help with smell

So which one is it you need ( and not all sweat smells either)

Here is an article from Choice - it may help with finding the right type of product Here

#5 MARsmum

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

I have always used Mitchum Active but all of a sudden it is not working ... AAARRGHHH!  So will be watching this thread for other suggestions!

#6 MrsBouquet

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

Agree about Mitchum.

#7 Guest_LeChatNinjah_*

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

If the sweating is really bad you can try Driclor (get it from pharmacy) but it can burn like a very burny thing!

I like to alternate between the Mitchum and then go with a Garnier crystal based deodorant, which has no anti perspirant, but seems to work ok apart from really hot or active days.

#8 BetteBoop

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

Rexona Clinical Protection.

It's expensive (about $14) but it really works.

#9 leo the lioness

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

Rexona Clinical Protection - expensive but it works.  (I used to use Mitcham too but it stopped working for me.)  I work out twice a week and my pits are dry (not the case for my head/face though!).

#10 SestraSestra

I'm completely evangelical about clinical strength deodorants - dove or rexona, they are the same thing. You can get them at the supermarket, they are a wee bit more expensive but totally worth it. You put it on straight after your shower in the evening and you'll be totally dry/sweet smelling till the next shower. They are more effective than any,other kind I've ever tried.

#11 KACM

I second Rexona Clinical Protection. Keeps you very dry.

#12 Kavity

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (Beetlebop @ 14/02/2013, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Definately changed my life you can buy it a couple of dollars cheaper at kmart original.gif

#13 TheChipAddict

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

Driclor is good as a long term fix, although I agree with a PP that it burns like a muthaf** !! I found that if applied at night before bed, a few days AFTER shaving (almost so there is a little layer of hair to protect your skin) it was better.  I used it ithe lead up to my wedding. It essentially stopped any wetness or odour, for about a year, after a few months use.
I have never gone back to being as sweaty/wet as I was ore-wedding, so now use the Rexona clinical protection mostly. Expensive, but easy, pain free and smells ok.Good luck!  biggrin.gif

#14 MyButterflyGirls

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

I recently found out about this on EB and gave it a try - OMG I'm a new person! biggrin.gif

Totally works - I can wear a bright coloured t-shirt outside on a hot day and hold my arms above my head without embarrassment for the first time since puberty!

#15 Cuddlesnkisses

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

Here's my crazy tip.  When you get a bit smelly, put some hand sanitizer in your hand and rub it under your arm pits.  Sweat smell is caused by bacteria, hand sanitized kills 99% of bacteria.  After you've done that reapply your antiperspirant.

Works a treat!

#16 Guest_LeChatNinjah_*

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

Those clinical ones didn't work at all on me.

sad.gif

#17 Frau Farbissina

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

I use this for while, and then find I don't need to for a few months. I'm one of those people who can get giant sweat rings under the arms sitting still and doing nothing. I hate it! The rexona works but for me I find it does take a couple of weeks to really get working.

Edited by Frau Farbissina, 14 February 2013 - 08:39 PM.

#18 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

I am a big fan of Mitchum.

But now I'm loving Rexona Clinical. It's expensive at $14, but works so so well.

#19 paod

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

Only MUM works for me

#20 Peppery

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

Another Rexona Clinical fan

#21 feralgreenthumbs

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

Rexona hypoallergenic anti-perspirant spray. Love it.

On particularly hot stinky humid days (I work outside too OP) when I've forgotten to put any on, a quick wipe with paper towel and shake on some bicarb soda, works great too!

#22 happygurl06

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

I use the rexona men's Adventure scent.  

If I was going back to my on road sales job I would be giving the clinical protection one a go.

#23 wilding

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (LeChatNinjah @ 14/02/2013, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those clinical ones didn't work at all on me.

sad.gif

Same here.

The only thing I found that works for me is Lush's deo T'eo. It's been with me through heavy work out sessions, thailand, ultra hot days in the garden etc etc.

Edited by wilding, 14 February 2013 - 09:51 PM.

#24 LittleListen

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

Lady Speed Stick devotee here. Been using it for years and it really works.

#25 Persnickety_

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

Rexona clinical is amazing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Win $1000 with Sea-Bands!

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band prize pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos gift card!

Misery loves Facebook

Facebook users are often criticised for only showing the positive, fun parts of their lives. But what about when it swings the other way, when someone uses it for the purposes of ranting about their children all the time, never posting anything positive?

Toddler's adorable impersonation of pregnant mum

Little Ellis has noticed his mum is walking differently lately, and his impersonation of her is hilarious.

'Forgotten baby syndrome' can happen to any one of us

When my third child was two months old, I strapped her into her car seat, then promptly forgot all about her. But she survived, unharmed, because it was winter, and I was lucky.

Join the Real Mums Test Drive Team

Five mums or mums-to-be will join the EB Test Drive Team and discover great items at an exclusive Big W event. (Sydney only.)

Ten things I've learned about motherhood

Never take a good night's sleep for granted. There is no logic like toddler logic. Standing on Lego hurts every time. These are the truths of parenthood.

Parenting past the toddler years: what's next?

Your baby has grown into a toddler, and now your toddler is fast approaching the preschooler stage. What can you expect as a parent?

Tips on what to pack in your hospital bag

Before giving birth I read countless lists, ended up overpacking just a little, and now know what I'll actually want to pack next time.

New app keeps tabs on your kids at childcare

Popular new technology lets parents know what their children are up to at childcare - but not everyone is a fan.

21 things I love about newborns

There?s an irresistible magic about newborns. Of course they're not all smiles and rainbows, but they are undeniably cute and remarkable in so, so many ways.

Kid-friendly hairdressers: who says haircuts can?t be fun?

I?ve found some salons who boast setups ideal for children ? you name it, they?ve thought of it. All are designed to make haircuts fun rather than stressful.

Labour pain relief may reduce risk of postnatal depression: study

Postnatal depression is a complex condition, but researchers say pain relief during labour may help some women.

Why we need better support for men after miscarriage

In a recent study, 85 per cent of men admitted feeling sadness after their partner miscarried, but almost half said they didn't share their feelings at all. What can be done to help them?

Mum in business: Kristy Chong

Kristy Chong is the managing director of Australian-made Modibodi underwear and a mum to Lucas, 6, Jason, 4, and Isaac, 6 months. She shares her advice for other mums thinking about starting their own businesses.

From toddler to preschooler: a developmental roadmap

So your toddler is growing up and will soon be entering the preschooler years. Here are a few ways to frame their development that will help you understand what?s going in those beautiful, funny, clever little heads of theirs.

Mum sacrifices an eye for her unborn baby

Motherhood is full of sacrifices, but this woman has made a life-altering one - and her baby hasn't even been born.

A grandparent by any other name

A growing number of grandparents are shunning tradition and going against conventional names - but a grandparent by any other name still gives the same awesome cuddles and kisses.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

When labour just doesn't happen

After three healthy kids, I can?t help feeling I?ve been a little ripped off. I missed out on something I had always wanted to experience, and now I?ll never get the chance.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

Win $1000 with Sea-Bands!

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band prize pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos gift card!

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Join the Real Mums Test Drive Team

Five mums or mums-to-be will join the EB Test Drive Team and discover great items at an exclusive Big W event. (Sydney only.)

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.