I don't quite belong in this section yet, just wanted to see what I have to look forward to. DD is just going 22months and we are expecting #2 five months from now so she will be 2y3m.
I'm wondering what kind of physical, verbal or emotional development is likely to happen in the next five months?
DD is currently:
- putting words together in 3-5 word sentences and repeating things we say
- we can understand her words most of the time but not sure others would
- communicating basic needs but gets frustrated when we cant understand
- only plays independently for 5-10 minutes at a time, still wants a lot of interaction
- will have mini tantrums over things like getting off the car rides at the shops
- runs but is still slow and easy to catch lol
- feeds herself but makes a mess of most meals
- likes to sit on potty/toilet but no concept of actually weeing or pooing on it
I guess I'm hoping there will be a big leap in verbal communication and independent play in the next 5 months but not sure if thats likely or wishful thinking lol
So, how was your under 2yo toddler different from your over 2yo toddler? What did they learn/master in that time?
Edited by JBaby, 14 February 2013 - 04:09 PM.