Silver - woohoo! eexcite.gif

#4 Jeanie1

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

BRONZE!!!   LOL

roll2.gif

#5 Boyz_Mama

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

And I get the wooden spoon wink.gif

Nothing to say really, just sitting in bed with DS2 watching playschool, so thought I'd check in to read up original.gif

#6 elle_woods82

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

Hi everyone!
Sorry I've been absent for a while - busy with work and travel (an early babymoon). But we had our 20 week scan and found out we're having a girl! original.gif Nervy, can you please update my info too when you get a chance? (EDD is 24 June, just in case you don't have it). (p.s. Nervy, I truly hope your pregnancy is going well and I'm sending loads of positive vibes your way. Like other ladies have said in PPs, you know your body best, and I think it is looking good that you feel so positive about it too. Best of luck original.gif I'm in the central coast too, btw! xxxxx)

We're thrilled to be having a girl - you could see DH's face melt when we found out. I don't think I'd be disappointed or wanting to sue any sonographers/doctors if I end up giving birth to a boy, though. Either way, I would be so appreciative of giving birth to a healthy baby full stop. Having said that, I am not sure what I would do with all the pink gear that is already filling up our house... hehe. She is kicking strongly now and it is the sweetest, best feeling - no more flutters though, which I already miss.

pjemc - our sonographer wasn't 100% sure either. After she said it was a girl cos she couldn't see a penis on the baby, she seemed to spend a bit of time at the end of the session looking around to make sure. So it seems that the lack of a penis made our sonographer think our baby is a girl. However, our OB confirmed at our next appointment when she did an ultrasound that she thinks its a girl, so I'm going with it original.gif

Relly - your doula sounds amazing and while I haven't looked into getting a doula, her prices sound very reasonable for all the services you listed there. Best of luck, and don't listen to anyone else - people these days have an opinion about everything!

Mizadele - I'll be giving MCNs a go too. I've settled on little lamb and bambooty. My little lamb order arrived yesterday and I can't stop playing with the nappies! So cute!

Happy valentines day!

#7 misty123

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

Ergh girls having a crappy afternoon. I thought I'd do something sweet for dh and send him a small box of beer and goodies for v day to his work. He has sent me flowers to work before so I wanted to surprise him this year. It was only small ...

But he called me to ask if i had given him something as he had a call from reception to come pick something up but that he was so angry, he works in a "professional" workplace (dont we all?) and demanded I tell him what it was before he went to go and pick it up from reception. I told him what it was and he wasn't impressed, I started to cry and  He hung up on me. I haven't heard boo from him since and that was a few hours ago.

Just sucks I feel so bad. I thought i was being nice.

Congrats Elle on the girl news original.gif

#8 pjemc

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

Elle, congrats on the girl news!!

As for me, i know to some this could sound a bit lame or shallow but I was really hoping to get a better indication as to the sex of my baby. I told the sonographer at the start I really wanted to know and she was really quite blaze (sp?) about it. When she finally got around to looking she just said see that on the screen looks like it could be the 3 lines for a girl and I caught a quick look at the 3 lines and then she moved on.. I was trying to even get a probable percentage from her but nothing, just got told to keep my receipts if we buy pink and its too hard to tell. I am so so greatful the baby is healthy and as should be but I am a major organisation freak and need to know and i told her how important it was so would have just appreciated her taking a bit more time to check. Anways, I was quite down about it last night and rather than just be straight with DH i picked a fight with him (lets blame hormones for that  wink.gif ) It took him finally asking what was really wrong that I broke down and told him. So getting to the point  I have been told of 3D gender scans so I called today (different to where this u/s was done) and they sqeezed me in for Saturday. A 30  minute scan devoted to looking at my babys bits, heres hoping that gives me more reassurance. rolleyes.gif

Misty, im sorry your DH didnt see and appreciate the gesture! Sure its a professional workplace but everyone knows its valentines day!

Edited by pjemc, 15 February 2013 - 06:50 AM.

#9 Gel_Bel

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

misty123- I am so sorry your husband reacted like that! That was uncalled for! I would kill for my husband to send me even a card! sad.gif

#10 RellBell

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

I was wondering; what do all you mummy's to be do for work?

We always talk about work, and I think of how many diverse jobs we must work in. Anyone want to share? It's not to "judge" or anything, i'm just curious.

I work in fast food (full-time), and i'm studying to be a massage therapist (ah, wouldn't it be nice to actually FINISH it and not work in fast food - little bubba has put a kink in those plans!).

#11 jmaz86

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

Misty: I am sorry your dh didn't take your surprise well.

Relly: up until yesterday I worked in aged care. I am doing my Bachelor of Nursing going into my last year though it will now take 2 years...but I dont mind as my bub is so worth it.

afm: DP came home early from work today (to make up for working until midnight last night) and we went out for lunch. He didnt buy me a gift just asked me what I needed, so I am getting my hair done.

#12 bettinae

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

Hello ladiesxxx

MISTY123: U poor darlin  sad.gif How did you go when DH got home....I'd couch him....(I don't couch my DH cause he likes it says it like camping) Ill send you a big hug bbighug.gif

NERVY: How are you sweetheart? Thinking of you xxxxx hands.gif  bbighug.gif

Im still battling work just had 1 day sick and now on 2 days off then back sat nno.gif I went to GP today she made me promise that I will tell the lady from the Womens Union the comment that my d*ck head boss said...u ready for this..."Dont think that you will be going out the back and playing with your T&*^s and getting milk for that baby I won't be paying for that!! So I will be emailing her tomorrow and see what the go is..... ddown.gif

I have OB tomorrow well I have his midwife...... ddown.gif  but I have decided not to rock the boat on that issue even thou it burns me..... I have enough on my plate at the moment..... ddown.gif

For an update: I am due on 06/06/13  even thou all my scans says 31/05/13 I will ask THE MIDWIFE tomorrow and we are keeoing it a suprise about the sex...... bbabyflip.gif

Ok well I better get back to my jobs I am hoping to sit down at 8.30 and watch ABC there is a show on called midwifes....I  miss one born every min....

Bee good ladies and sending you all hugs  bbighug.gif  bbighug.gif  hheart.gif

#13 RellBell

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

bettinae OH MY GOD.

My jaw drapped. I had to pick it up off the floor. How RUDE, INAPPROPRIATE and SEXIST.

I just want to slap him, about 100 times. I don't know what else to say or think, i'm just... horrified.

#14 ~mummydear~

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

Bettinae - omg! That's insane! I hope you can take it further!

I haven't posted in here for a while, but so far, all is still going well original.gif 21 weeks and feeling so big lol. Very much over work atm, lots of manual handling and lifting which gets heavy and tiring! Trying to be so careful... (I'm a special Ed teacher)

Still reading through all the other posts, hope everyone is doing ok original.gif

#15 kate_123

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

Hey ladies,
Misty I hope your husband came home with his tail between his legs, but knowing men im sure hes doing the refusing to apologise game and try and make you feel bad and apologise instead (at least thats how the game works in this household!).

Bettinae - OMG Ive never heard such disgusting talk! What work do you do? How do u work with such a pig! I hope the union is helpful.

As for me, Im an RN in aged care. Im currently filling as as aged care discharge planner at the hospital which is a pay rise and no manual handling so very very relieved and happy with that! Jmaz did u have to give up cause of the heavy lifting? I was worried I would have to finish up if i had to go back to the aged care ward, its such hard work! Good luck with ur studies!

Nervy, thinking of you with every day that passes bbighug.gif

#16 jmaz86

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (kate_123 @ 14/02/2013, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jmaz did u have to give up cause of the heavy lifting? I was worried I would have to finish up if i had to go back to the aged care ward, its such hard work! Good luck with ur studies!

Its a long story that involved the union and now an official complaint but basically they were unable to provide me with suitable employment while I was pregnant, even though I suggested many roles. I just gave up...they are not worth fighting with, not for my own sanity and health.

#17 kate_123

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (jmaz86 @ 14/02/2013, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its a long story that involved the union and now an official complaint but basically they were unable to provide me with suitable employment while I was pregnant, even though I suggested many roles. I just gave up...they are not worth fighting with, not for my own sanity and health.

That really sucks. I hope you get some resolution out of it. Aged care in particular is terrible at looking after staff. So understaffed and over worked and even without being pregnant there have been many times ive ended in tears feeling unsafe. What are you interested in getting into when u finish ur studies?

#18 MarilynM

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

MISTY, what a crappy response to your lovely Valentines surprise! I hope he apologized??

Sorry to hear about work/bosses being uncooperative ladies. Must be really hard to deal with. Hope you're all sticking to your guns though and not pushing yourself because you feel pressured. And your boss, BETTINAE, is outrageous! Where the hell does he get the idea he can talk to anyone like that???

As for work; I am a community support worker in mental health. It's a little boring to be honest, but at least it's not stressful or physically demanding. I will look for something else after/during my maternity leave though, but until then it's really fine like this.

#19 jmaz86

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (kate_123 @ 14/02/2013, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That really sucks. I hope you get some resolution out of it. Aged care in particular is terrible at looking after staff. So understaffed and over worked and even without being pregnant there have been many times ive ended in tears feeling unsafe. What are you interested in getting into when u finish ur studies?

I am wanting to do mental health.

#20 LisaM07

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

Misty that's not nice of your hubby I would have been upset too I hope he's apologised too!
Bettinane - oh m gee I have NO words for what your boss said that is just absolutely disgraceful.... WOW
Again I can't believe either how many of you have bosses/jobs that are so unsupportive it's crazy!
As for me I'm a marketing manager for a shopping centre original.gif
Nervy my gorgeous ddb hope you're doing well girlfriend sending love and happy positive vibes your way!!!
L xxx

#21 LisaM07

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

Jmaz what do you want to do in mental health?

#22 jmaz86

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (LisaM07 @ 14/02/2013, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jmaz what do you want to do in mental health?

Community Mental Health ideally, though they are looking to open a acute unit at my local hospital in 2014 so could also be a possibility. I am hoping to get a new grad position in Mental health (however at the moment there is only 1 on offer locally).

#23 Boyz_Mama

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

Misty - *hugs*, sad.gif after all that effort sad.gif hope u guys can talk it out and have an enjoyabe evening

Bettinae  - wow. that's insane! I always felt weird expressing at work, even though my workplace was supportive - but that's just crazy you having a boss say that !!! sad.gif

QUOTE (Relly23 @ 14/02/2013, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was wondering; what do all you mummy's to be do for work?

We always talk about work, and I think of how many diverse jobs we must work in. Anyone want to share? It's not to "judge" or anything, i'm just curious.

Have been a SAHM now for 3 years. Worked in child-protection (foster care/residential homes) but it didn't work out when I went back at 6months, and in hindsight was kind of bullied into resigning. Was best decision for our family though in the end as life has had some twists&turns since then!! biggrin.gif

Edited by Boyz_Mama, 14 February 2013 - 08:48 PM.

#24 monkeys mum

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

Hi ladies, I still need to catch up with the last thread as I've been a lil mia as I haven't been feeling too well, been spending as much time as possible in bed sad.gif  Seems its all mainly due to my low blood pressure, and the heat we are having in Adelaide doesn't seem to be helping.

Bettinae, wow that is shocking, so much for being a breast feeding friendly society and supportig Mums to get back to work. I hope he gets his bottom kicked.

As for work, I was studying to be a Early childhood teacher with a double degree in Special needs/disability, but due to being so sick I decided going back this semester wasn't going to work at all for me, and now its looking like I will go back next year now. In the mean time I am doing some other study, to keep the brain ticking over but its more self paced with bi yearly submissions, the research project I am doing will be around my DS1 and this pregnancy. He has a lot of Autistic traits and as his paed said there is something else there so his world is quite black and white, he doesn't do change well, and everything has to be routine, routine, routine. His way of dealing with me being pregnant and becoming a big brother to a little sister is by asking questions to get his head around it. Tonight he was asking me if I could drink pepsi max while pregnant, the other day he asked me if the baby died after it was born if we would get another- bare in mind he isn't a regular 6yo. I was driving but basically had to give him a quite honest answer, so yes he's quite a quirky boy.

Anyone else been having weird pregnancy dreams? I dreamt my single best friend was pregnant with a little boy and her three boys weren't impressed with it lol

Oh and a nice reminder, remember to keep checking your rings! And keep your feet up.

We're all on the home run now ladies, I'm excited, 23.5wks for me, I was warning Dp that he better let his supervisor know that early June we're expecting another, and reminded Dp that bubs will be here in about 15wks, I think he was in a little shock!

#25 misty123

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

Oh guys thanks for all your hugs and kind words. So nice. Re hubby, well no ... No apology. He has gone straight into his man cave and we haven't said a single word to each other, I've barely looked at him. He has been quiet and barely left the lounge all evening. This Is typical of us when he's upset, we don't communicate, just give it time and eventually he comes round. By then I'm usually so over it and just want things back to normal so I usually forgive and forget perhaps more than I should. We have been together for 12 years and its always been this way ... I hate it.  I want to talk it out, he dosnt and it just makes thi gs worse so I've learnt to just ignore him. It's not great but it's the way it is. Our communication sucks.

Things have been up and down for us lately it's all been a bit hard. But thanks guys for thinking of me.  

Xx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

An open letter to Tony Abbott: please salvage our super

We face financial ruin, but most of us don?t realise it. If we don?t act together to salvage our superannuation, I have no doubt the new GFC will be the Girls? Financial Crisis.

'I'm happy to know I'm changing lives': surrogate mum of two

I know that once the baby is born, I will focus on the gift I have given, and watch the parents with their new child. I can't wait for that day.

Birth trauma and the issue of informed consent

There is a perception that women should just be happy they have a healthy baby in their arms. But for women who experienced birth trauma, there's a lot more to it.

Tips for managing pollen allergies and hayfever

They're simple tips, but they can have a big impact on those who suffer from hayfever and pollen allergies.

Ada Nicodemou shares tribute to her stillborn baby

Just over one month since Ada Nicodemou and her husband lost their second son, the Home and Away star has shared a touching poem for her baby.

Mum causes stir breastfeeding on train

?To the woman breastfeeding her kid on the train. Seriously! On the train?" began the letter of complaint.

10 things they don?t tell you about being pregnant

As I slowly waddle my ever-changing pregnant body towards the finishing line of my due date, it?s becoming increasingly clear there are a lot of things they just don?t tell you about pregnancy.

Overcoming a fear of the dark

A toddler's fear of the dark is very normal, but there are ways parents can help children through this stage in their development.

Kids, TV and movies: how young is too young?

It seems you don't have to throw the TV and iPad out the window - it all boils down to moderation, supervision and interaction.

Video: Baby's first birthday is a special day for mum, too

?A baby?s first birthday is also mum?s first birthday.?

The day Supernanny came to tea

Prince William's favourite celebrity child trainer Jo Frost puts Bryony Gordon and her toddler through their paces.

The words I hated hearing as new mum

It was less than a week after my son was born that I first heard it - from my mother.

To the pharmacist who sold me baby formula

On the rare occasion I catch sight of you at school, or around town, I think back to our earliest exchange. I?m sure you have no recollection of it at all.

Babies may benefit from autism therapy

Children showing signs of autism don't usually receive early intervention until well into toddlerhood or later, but a new study suggests infants with symptoms of the developmental disorder might benefit from therapy from as early as six months.

Knatalye and Adeline born with an everlasting bond

Knatalye Hope and Adeline Faith are a lot like any other identical twin girls, but there is one dramatic difference: they're joined at the chest and shares several internal organs.

The question this dad wishes he'd asked his wife

I should have seen that my wife wasn't the same person I'd fallen in love with, but we were both too focused on simply trying to get by.

Why we should talk about the deaths of the Hunt children

The deaths are too horrible even to think about. Yet we owe it to the children - Fletcher, Mia and Phoebe Hunt - to think long and hard about it all.

Baby dies of meningococcal weeks after vaccine application denied

A six-month-old girl has died from meningococcal disease just weeks after an application for government funding of a vaccine for the most deadly strain of the virus was rejected.

Finding the right balance when playing with your kids

Being too involved in our children?s play and not allowing our kids enough free time for unstructured activities can mean our kids miss out on the value that play offers.

Creative DIY light shades

The Pop Light light shade comes in a flat pack already made - it's up to you to design it as you'd like.

The battle of iParenting versus imagination

Have we forgotten how to be imaginative, resourceful parents?

Why movement is so important for your baby's growth

Letting your child move as much as possible in the early years ? using all senses, engaging in the real world, preferably outside ? will help them grow up healthier, smarter, calmer and stronger.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

Losing yourself to motherhood

While watching your baby grow into a unique little person is exciting and wondrous, the intensity of meeting everyone else?s needs can ever so sneakily overtake your own needs for self-care.

Tearing during delivery: the facts

Almost all women will experience bruising, grazing or tearing after a vaginal birth. Depending on the degree of tearing, there are various treatments available.

6 tips for a day out with a baby and toddler

Outings can be lots of fun with the kids, but there are inevitable challenges. Here's some information about days out to help you be a little more prepared.

Why I invited a dozen people to watch my son's birth

I sent invitations on burgundy scrapbooking paper stamped with a field of poppies, and told each person why I wanted him or her there. I warned that there would be nudity.

Getting labour started: tips for a natural induction

When your baby?s due date comes and goes without so much as a pop - let alone a bang - it can be disheartening. Mums and a doula share their stories of natural inductions.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

That's my boy: a dad's diary of the first 4 months

Unbearable anxiety, unspeakable joy, constant exhaustion and bouts of frustration ... The many shocks of first-time fatherhood resound in a dad's diary of his son's early months.

One of the most important things a new mum can do

Finances may not be as cute as a newborn, but with many women?s working arrangements changing post-baby, monetary matters need attention too.

Pregnant Alicia Keys nude for a cause

"People won?t be able to ignore this visual," says a pregnant Alicia Keys, who has posed naked for a charitable campaign.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Reader offer

2 FOR 1 TICKET OFFER

For Shopping, For Advice, For Baby & You. Enjoy a special day out with fabulous shopping from over 200 brands, leading parenting experts offering advice on a range of topics, and amazing children?s entertainment

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.