Ali

#2 MissNess

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

Gold!

Looking for a time machine to get to my scan already... I'm not good at waiting

#3 theweehaggis

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

Silver!! :-)

once you find the time machine can i borrow it?

Saying that i feel this week has flown!! Been busy.. and still seem to have done nothing... all meetings etc no actual dping. Im organising another large community event (large in terms of the size of the town!).. should keep me going through til April! March is full.. birthday parties (3 yr olds) weddings - lol how inconsiderate of them (joke!!) and a special day at the spa with my girl friends where i will break the news! oh and cannot forget im taking DD to see the Wiggles *yeay* - what you do for your kids huh!!  

Need to book in to ger bloods done and a referral for NT scan..

Hope everyone id doing ok.  Shouldnt be long til out yuckiness starts to fade.. supposedly!

#4 rowbi123

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

Bronze!!!

How far along do you have to be for your NT scan?

Hoping everyone is having a good day - it has taken me 1.5 hours to try to eat an apple without vomitting - so far so good lol

original.gif

#5 HurryUpAlready

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (rowbi123 @ 14/02/2013, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How far along do you have to be for your NT scan?

Get first trimester screening bloods taken in week 10 and a scan at week 12. The results of both are combined to check for the likelihood of Down Syndrome and a few other abnormalities.

Has your carer given you a referral for these tests?

#6 Lissome

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (HurryUpAlready @ 14/02/2013, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Get first trimester screening bloods taken in week 10 and a scan at week 12.

I've seen this mentioned a few times on EB and its got me wondering about my blood test - I've been told to have it done 2 - 5 days before my scan (where I'll be 12w5), I wonder if I should check with the hospital?

ETA:

Waterdragon - congrats on your scan yesterday! It must have been so exciting.

Bitingmynails - hope everything went well today!!

Edited by minimae, 14 February 2013 - 12:38 PM.

#7 bitingmynails

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

Happy valentines day everyone!
I just had the best present ever!

12 weeks scan today. Background risk was 1:704 before testing.
Doctors gave me an adjusted risk of 1:4999 for DS.
Trisomy 18 = 1:5068
Trisomy 13 = 1:7299

Heartbeat 163bpm

grin.gif

Baby is measuring correct for dates and kept wriggling around.

Here is our little nugget which now measures 4.7cm long:

For those interested in timing of blood tests, I had my bloods last Tuesday (10w 3d) and my scan today at 11w 5d.

I was really worried as my only symptoms now are tiredness and sore bbs.

#8 Lissome

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

Ahhhhhh congratulations, so pleased everything went well. Such a cute picture! What a lovely valentines day for you!!!

#9 AnnBB

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

Woohoo bitingmynails! Great result! You are right, that would have to be the best valentines gift ever!

#10 cassidysmummy

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

I was told to do the blood at 10wks and then the US is booked for 11wk 6 days Cant wait original.gif

#11 lianth

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

Thats excellent news bitingmynails, so happy for you!!

In regard to the bloods, I was told to get them about 5days - 1wk before the scan...

I had my 10wk scan yesterday with my doctor, and I finally got to see the heartbeat!! AgainAgain it was such a relief to see it this time, he actually stopped and let me check it out - and it was nice and strong!  So now I feel much more relieved!! Cant wait for another 2wks for my 12wk scan and finally be able to tell people!

Just a tad excited!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

#12 cybersprite

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

I am having both my bloods and scan done tomorrow at the same place and time

I am exactly 12 weeks today

#13 Lissome

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (lianth @ 14/02/2013, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In regard to the bloods, I was told to get them about 5days - 1wk before the scan...

Aww so exciting about seeing your baby! It feels like forever since I saw my little peanut at 7wk5days! I went and picked up my report for that ultrasound, and I got a load of pictures which is pretty cool. I keep looking at them when I don't believe i'm preggers! It just looks like a peanut mind you, but I still find it amazing! One week till my NT scan, can't wait. Thanks for the info on the bloods, I checked with my hospital and she confirmed 2 - 5 days before so I can relax!

QUOTE (cybersprite @ 14/02/2013, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am having both my bloods and scan done tomorrow at the same place and time

I am exactly 12 weeks today

Good luck tomorrow!!!! Let us know how you get on!

#14 bitingmynails

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

Thanks for the congratulations ladies. It feels so surreal.

I actually had a huge freak out whilst laying on the table because the US lady kept "tut tutting" and making really concerned faces but it all turned out for nothing - maybe she had gas?

Congrats on seeing a heartbeat lianth! Such a relief.

Good luck for your scan tomorrow cybersprite.
Since they are doing your bloods and scan at the same time does that mean you will have to wait a few days for your blood results to come in to get your risk ratios?

#15 Cherry28

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

hello ladies, newbie here original.gif
congratulations to all!

having my DS tmrw at 8w1d according to my GP
excited and nervous
my mum and best friend know but i just want to tell everyone original.gif

#16 cybersprite

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

Bitingmynails: no, I have my bloods done at 11.30 today and my US at 12noon and will get my results straight afterwards. So 90min appt in total.

I am going to the Sydney Ultrasound for Women on Kent St in the city

#17 bitingmynails

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE (cybersprite @ 15/02/2013, 07:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bitingmynails: no, I have my bloods done at 11.30 today and my US at 12noon and will get my results straight afterwards. So 90min appt in total.

I am going to the Sydney Ultrasound for Women on Kent St in the city

Oh wow, that's pretty good.
I really hope it goes well for you today. Will be thinking of you!

#18 cybersprite

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

Hi all,' My scan and results were fantastic! So relieved. Results were:

Trisomy 21 – 1:4746
Trisomy 18 – 1:17095
Trisomy 13: 1: 53704

#19 bitingmynails

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

That's awesome Cybersprite. Absolutely brilliant results.   tthumbs.gif
Congratulations!!

Cannot believe we are already at 12 weeks!!

Let's hope this sets a trend for all of our DIG's 12 week scans.  biggrin.gif

#20 cybersprite

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE (bitingmynails @ 15/02/2013, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's awesome Cybersprite. Absolutely brilliant results.   tthumbs.gif
Congratulations!!

Cannot believe we are already at 12 weeks!!

Let's hope this sets a trend for all of our DIG's 12 week scans.  biggrin.gif

thank you! So happy!

#21 AnnBB

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

Congrats on your results cyber sprite! My NT scan is on 11 March. I am also having my scan at Sydney Ultrasound for Women- they were fantastic with my first pregnancy and I have recommended them to everyone I know.

#22 MissNess

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

I'm still not even booked in anywhere - checking out another hospital this weekend in the hopes they might actually be taking bookings  unsure.gif

#23 kelbelblue

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

Hi Ladies,
New to this DIG. This is a very unexpected pregnancy, although I've had a month now to get used to it and am excitedish about it.
EDD is 14/09. I had a dating scan a week or so ago and showed I was at 8w6d and everything is looking ok.
I am not having a NT scan.
This will be #2 and a sibling for DD who turned 1 on the 10/02.
I live in the middle of no where, the closest hospital is Mount Isa, but I am trying to get reccommendations on an OB in Townsville and give birth there. So if anyone knows anyone... original.gif
I look forward to chatting more
Kel

#24 againagain

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

Fantastic news on the ultrasounds everyone!

Ness don't worry too much. Get the gp to give you a referral for your 12 week scan if you like. The public hospitals will take you, only private ones you need to hurry to book.

I had my bloods done yesterday and couldn't pee LOL I didn't realise there was a urine test on there so I had been to the loo before hand. I gave a few drops but she sent me home with a jar and said they would call me if I needed to repeat. How embarrassing!

Booked my scan for 4th of March although I will be almost 13 weeks then. The GP said 11-12 weeks and the ultrasound place said they prefer a few days after the 12 week mark.

#25 Water Dragon

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Congrats all on the scan results, how exciting! I'm starting to look pregnant now, but I hate this awkward "Is she pregnant or just bloated?" stage, LMAO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

A mum's tragic battle against inflammatory breast cancer

At just 37 years of age, with two young sons, Vicki was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. Now her family wants all women to know the symptoms.

The business of babies around the world

Pregnancy and birth is an intriguing process no matter where you are in the world. One soon-to-be father gleans wisdom from a new guide.

Finding a positive path through IVF

It’s not surprising that IVF is often seen as a negative journey towards the ultimate positive, but having a glass-half-full approach can make a big difference to the experience.

Giving strangers the gift of parenthood

A mum explains why she and her husband are choosing to gift their leftover embryos to help strangers achieve their dream of parenthood.

Does morning sickness get better or worse with each child?

Just as every baby is unique, so is every pregnancy. And that means morning sickness can vary a lot, too.

What's so wrong with looking 'mumsy', anyway?

Why is it that the word ‘mumsy’ has connotations of such a negative nature – but seems to be the only other option apart from ‘yummy’?

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

The 'yucky' illness that took over my life

I have a chronic illness nobody likes to discuss, as it involves toilet talk. But it needs to be talked about.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.