Ali

#2 MissNess

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

Gold!

Looking for a time machine to get to my scan already... I'm not good at waiting

#3 theweehaggis

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

Silver!! :-)

once you find the time machine can i borrow it?

Saying that i feel this week has flown!! Been busy.. and still seem to have done nothing... all meetings etc no actual dping. Im organising another large community event (large in terms of the size of the town!).. should keep me going through til April! March is full.. birthday parties (3 yr olds) weddings - lol how inconsiderate of them (joke!!) and a special day at the spa with my girl friends where i will break the news! oh and cannot forget im taking DD to see the Wiggles *yeay* - what you do for your kids huh!!  

Need to book in to ger bloods done and a referral for NT scan..

Hope everyone id doing ok.  Shouldnt be long til out yuckiness starts to fade.. supposedly!

#4 rowbi123

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

Bronze!!!

How far along do you have to be for your NT scan?

Hoping everyone is having a good day - it has taken me 1.5 hours to try to eat an apple without vomitting - so far so good lol

original.gif

#5 HurryUpAlready

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (rowbi123 @ 14/02/2013, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How far along do you have to be for your NT scan?

Get first trimester screening bloods taken in week 10 and a scan at week 12. The results of both are combined to check for the likelihood of Down Syndrome and a few other abnormalities.

Has your carer given you a referral for these tests?

#6 Nepheline

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (HurryUpAlready @ 14/02/2013, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Get first trimester screening bloods taken in week 10 and a scan at week 12.

I've seen this mentioned a few times on EB and its got me wondering about my blood test - I've been told to have it done 2 - 5 days before my scan (where I'll be 12w5), I wonder if I should check with the hospital?

ETA:

Waterdragon - congrats on your scan yesterday! It must have been so exciting.

Bitingmynails - hope everything went well today!!

Edited by minimae, 14 February 2013 - 12:38 PM.

#7 bitingmynails

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

Happy valentines day everyone!
I just had the best present ever!

12 weeks scan today. Background risk was 1:704 before testing.
Doctors gave me an adjusted risk of 1:4999 for DS.
Trisomy 18 = 1:5068
Trisomy 13 = 1:7299

Heartbeat 163bpm

grin.gif

Baby is measuring correct for dates and kept wriggling around.

Here is our little nugget which now measures 4.7cm long:

For those interested in timing of blood tests, I had my bloods last Tuesday (10w 3d) and my scan today at 11w 5d.

I was really worried as my only symptoms now are tiredness and sore bbs.

#8 Nepheline

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

Ahhhhhh congratulations, so pleased everything went well. Such a cute picture! What a lovely valentines day for you!!!

#9 AnnBB

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

Woohoo bitingmynails! Great result! You are right, that would have to be the best valentines gift ever!

#10 cassidysmummy

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

I was told to do the blood at 10wks and then the US is booked for 11wk 6 days Cant wait original.gif

#11 lianth

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

Thats excellent news bitingmynails, so happy for you!!

In regard to the bloods, I was told to get them about 5days - 1wk before the scan...

I had my 10wk scan yesterday with my doctor, and I finally got to see the heartbeat!! AgainAgain it was such a relief to see it this time, he actually stopped and let me check it out - and it was nice and strong!  So now I feel much more relieved!! Cant wait for another 2wks for my 12wk scan and finally be able to tell people!

Just a tad excited!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

#12 cybersprite

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

I am having both my bloods and scan done tomorrow at the same place and time

I am exactly 12 weeks today

#13 Nepheline

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (lianth @ 14/02/2013, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In regard to the bloods, I was told to get them about 5days - 1wk before the scan...

Aww so exciting about seeing your baby! It feels like forever since I saw my little peanut at 7wk5days! I went and picked up my report for that ultrasound, and I got a load of pictures which is pretty cool. I keep looking at them when I don't believe i'm preggers! It just looks like a peanut mind you, but I still find it amazing! One week till my NT scan, can't wait. Thanks for the info on the bloods, I checked with my hospital and she confirmed 2 - 5 days before so I can relax!

QUOTE (cybersprite @ 14/02/2013, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am having both my bloods and scan done tomorrow at the same place and time

I am exactly 12 weeks today

Good luck tomorrow!!!! Let us know how you get on!

#14 bitingmynails

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

Thanks for the congratulations ladies. It feels so surreal.

I actually had a huge freak out whilst laying on the table because the US lady kept "tut tutting" and making really concerned faces but it all turned out for nothing - maybe she had gas?

Congrats on seeing a heartbeat lianth! Such a relief.

Good luck for your scan tomorrow cybersprite.
Since they are doing your bloods and scan at the same time does that mean you will have to wait a few days for your blood results to come in to get your risk ratios?

#15 Cherry28

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

hello ladies, newbie here original.gif
congratulations to all!

having my DS tmrw at 8w1d according to my GP
excited and nervous
my mum and best friend know but i just want to tell everyone original.gif

#16 cybersprite

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

Bitingmynails: no, I have my bloods done at 11.30 today and my US at 12noon and will get my results straight afterwards. So 90min appt in total.

I am going to the Sydney Ultrasound for Women on Kent St in the city

#17 bitingmynails

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE (cybersprite @ 15/02/2013, 07:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bitingmynails: no, I have my bloods done at 11.30 today and my US at 12noon and will get my results straight afterwards. So 90min appt in total.

I am going to the Sydney Ultrasound for Women on Kent St in the city

Oh wow, that's pretty good.
I really hope it goes well for you today. Will be thinking of you!

#18 cybersprite

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

Hi all,' My scan and results were fantastic! So relieved. Results were:

Trisomy 21 – 1:4746
Trisomy 18 – 1:17095
Trisomy 13: 1: 53704

#19 bitingmynails

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

That's awesome Cybersprite. Absolutely brilliant results.   tthumbs.gif
Congratulations!!

Cannot believe we are already at 12 weeks!!

Let's hope this sets a trend for all of our DIG's 12 week scans.  biggrin.gif

#20 cybersprite

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE (bitingmynails @ 15/02/2013, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's awesome Cybersprite. Absolutely brilliant results.   tthumbs.gif
Congratulations!!

Cannot believe we are already at 12 weeks!!

Let's hope this sets a trend for all of our DIG's 12 week scans.  biggrin.gif

thank you! So happy!

#21 AnnBB

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

Congrats on your results cyber sprite! My NT scan is on 11 March. I am also having my scan at Sydney Ultrasound for Women- they were fantastic with my first pregnancy and I have recommended them to everyone I know.

#22 MissNess

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

I'm still not even booked in anywhere - checking out another hospital this weekend in the hopes they might actually be taking bookings  unsure.gif

#23 kelbelblue

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

Hi Ladies,
New to this DIG. This is a very unexpected pregnancy, although I've had a month now to get used to it and am excitedish about it.
EDD is 14/09. I had a dating scan a week or so ago and showed I was at 8w6d and everything is looking ok.
I am not having a NT scan.
This will be #2 and a sibling for DD who turned 1 on the 10/02.
I live in the middle of no where, the closest hospital is Mount Isa, but I am trying to get reccommendations on an OB in Townsville and give birth there. So if anyone knows anyone... original.gif
I look forward to chatting more
Kel

#24 againagain

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

Fantastic news on the ultrasounds everyone!

Ness don't worry too much. Get the gp to give you a referral for your 12 week scan if you like. The public hospitals will take you, only private ones you need to hurry to book.

I had my bloods done yesterday and couldn't pee LOL I didn't realise there was a urine test on there so I had been to the loo before hand. I gave a few drops but she sent me home with a jar and said they would call me if I needed to repeat. How embarrassing!

Booked my scan for 4th of March although I will be almost 13 weeks then. The GP said 11-12 weeks and the ultrasound place said they prefer a few days after the 12 week mark.

#25 Water Dragon

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Congrats all on the scan results, how exciting! I'm starting to look pregnant now, but I hate this awkward "Is she pregnant or just bloated?" stage, LMAO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Abbott's childcare changes will 'reduce access and add complexity'

The government's childcare assistance package threatens to confuse and intimidate many parents, experts say.

Be careful what you wish for

Remember that chubby little baby who rocked on all fours? Remember how you wished he would start to crawl? Then remember how you felt once he did?

William Tyrrell's parents plead for information as anniversary looms

As the one-year anniversary of William Tyrrell's disappearance draws near, the missing four-year-old's parents have again pleaded with the public for information that could help bring their son home.

Family sleepovers: a tribute to my 1970s childhood

My memories of those nights in my childhood are all about fun: sleepover excitement, staying up late, watching movies we probably weren't supposed to watch ... freedom.

43 minutes of terror: family's agonising wait for ambulance for toddler

It was terrifying. As the minutes ticked by little Cooper Harrison's parents felt more and more frantic.

What not to say to a new mum

Some phrases just pop out before you really think about them, but there are some things you should try to not say to a new mum.

Mummydesking: the new hotdesking

It is a paradise that only working parents of small children can understand: a place to sit for three hours without any interruptions while someone looks after the kids.

Charlize Theron adopts baby girl

A few months after splitting from Sean Penn, the actress Charlize Theron has adopted a baby girl.

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg shares painful truth behind wife's pregnancy

Facebook chief executive Mark Zuckerberg has shared a brutally honest truth about pregnancy in the hope it will help others through dark periods.  

Sugary drinks blamed for removal of toddlers' rotten teeth

Children as young as 18 months are having multiple rotten teeth pulled out as parents feed toddlers soft drinks through sipper bottles, and chocolate biscuits and Milo as bedtime treats.

Mum accidentally fake tans baby

Many of us have fallen foul of a bad fake tan or two, but this little guy's started a bit earlier than most.

Does this three-month-old say 'I love you'?

YouTube user Ted Moskalenko was filmed by his wife, Michelle, as his baby son, Ben, engaged in some baby chat.

Kids break out of daycare centre, cross busy highway

Two children broke out of an early childhood centre and wandered across a four-lane road.

Why I'm glad to be an indulgent granny

The phone calls started a couple of weeks ago. At about 5.30 each evening - if I am lucky - I will be greeted by a sweet, excited voice declaring: "'Allo Annie".

Newborn found in toilet at German airport

A newborn baby found abandoned and extremely ill in a bathroom in the Munich airport is doing well.

Is this the worst relationship advice ever published?

You sometimes have to wonder whether relationship/sex advice from magazines is designed to help or humiliate.

How you talk to your baby now can impact social skills later

People used to think that social skills were something kids were born with, not taught.

Three truths about C-section mums

Lately I've been thinking about the caesarean stories and the brave women who birth their children with strength and beauty.

Scientists predict when you should start a family

Scientists have calculated at exactly what age you need to start trying to get pregnant to have the best chance of realising your dream. 

Differently abled child

When 'protecting' a child is really a cover for judgement

Why are people so concerned for this happy child and his mother?

Get your FREE Baby & Toddler Show ticket!

Get your free ticket to the Sydney Essential Baby & Toddler Show for September 25-27 - register online now.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

When toddlers have strange obsessions

When it comes to two-year-olds and birthday cakes there are a few requests that are usually at the top of the list. But a cake featuring a local personal injury lawyer?

When Mama Bear strikes

When we become mums, our instinct to protect our children and keep them safe from harm is so strong we're often likened to a Mama Bear protecting her cubs.  

Immunity boosters for kids

There are no guaranteed ways to avoid the dreaded winter illnesses completely, but there are ways we can boost our children's immunity.

Yes, you can get pregnant before your period returns post-baby

After giving birth, the last thing you want to think about is contraception. But you can get pregnant before your period comes back.

Mum shares portrait of her proudly breastfeeding three-year-old

Jade Beall usually chooses to breastfeed her son, now 3, in private. This week, however, she shared portraits of her breastfeeding her preschooler.

Dealing with a toddler's morning tantrums

Your schedule is not important to your two-year-old, and you cannot convince her otherwise. So what can you do?

My baby's first seizure

It was 1am on a cold winter's night when I woke suddenly to the screams of my 12-month-old son. Our lives were about to change forever.

MP breastfeeds baby during parliamentary session

An Argentinian mum and politician has caused a stir on social media after being filmed breastfeeding her baby.

Heartbreaking moment mum kisses her one-week-old goodbye

At 11.07am on April 2 this year, Sarah Marriott welcomed baby Sebastian into the world.

The best age to get married (according to the latest study)

Not too young, and not too old. That's reportedly the best age to get married. Not everyone agrees.

Fellow diner rewards mum after toddler's tantrum

Parents of toddlers everywhere know the feeling. After working up the courage to take your child out for lunch or dinner in public you are rewarded with a mid-meal meltdown. 

IVF gender selection being considered for Australian parents

Couples using IVF may be able to choose the gender of their babies and women could be financially compensated for donating their eggs.

The amazing Tee Pee bed and kid-friendly Frankie Bunk bed

These kids' beds definitely fit the brief of providing personality and personal space for little people who are moving up in the world.

The funny things kids say when you're pregnant

Since becoming noticeably pregnant, my son has taken more of an interest in the sibling he'll soon have.

The real problem with having one child

In this age of political correctness, it seems the one subject still subject to discrimination is that of the Only Child.

The fire hazard in more than 70,000 Australian homes

So far, 206 Samsung washing machines have caught fire and some have exploded. But many remain in people's homes.

How having a baby can bring on OCD

We all know that having a baby can turn your life upside down - and it can also bring a raft of new anxieties and worries.

IKEA begins massive safety campaign after two toddler deaths

Two children were killed when pieces from their Malm furniture line tipped over.

Which beauty treatments are safe in pregnancy?

Is it safe to use fake tan, hair dye and nail varnish during pregnancy?

A dad's guide to hyperemesis

I am in no way qualified to advise women on how to cope with hyperemesis, but I've learnt some lessons that might be worth sharing with other partners.

The five ways I know my 'baby' is no longer a baby

The truth is, I can no longer deny that my walking, babbling, somewhat-independent little miss is no longer a bona fide 'baby'.

FREE TICKET

See Pinky McKay live in Sydney

Get your free ticket to The Essential Baby & Toddler Show and save $20 - register online now!

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.