Children born in the same month

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 sophie222

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

Hi just curious to know if anyone has had there 2,3,4 ect child born the same month as another child?
How do you go with birthdays ect?

#2 FiveAus

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

i had two born on the same date, then married a guy who shared their birthday.
The kids are 10 years apart. Those birthdays send me broke.

#3 Kemma

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

I'm in may, so are my 2DD's. and Mother's Day!  
This is the first year with all 3 of us so we'll work it out.
But there'll be a special day for everyone individually.
We're not the same days we're 16th, 18th & 30th.

#4 plus-one

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

My 2 sons are born in the same month (4 days apart), 2 years seperate them. They open their presents on their respective birthdays and we have a joint family dinner for them and then they have seperate parties at McDonalds/Play centres or where ever they want with their own friends.

#5 oliboli

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

Yes, my DS is 11th Dec and my DD is 3rd Dec - just under a year apart in age. This last birthday was the first year they really knew what was going on - DS turned 3 and DD turned 2 ... I gave them a combined birthday party on the weekend in the middle of both birthdays and on their actual birthdays had a cake with immediate family. I won't be doing combined birthdays as they get older (unless they want me to) as they will start to have their own friends etc so it will be nice for them to have their own special day. What is your situation OP?

#6 Always amazed!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

my boys are birthdays are 2 weeks apart. they are 4 and 5 atm so its easy as they have the same friends taste in toys ect..

My girls are 1 month before them so all up my 4 kids are within 50 days of each other..
fun times!

At least its in the middle of the year:)

#7 Natttmumm

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

Mine are 6 weeks apart so not exactly same month. It's just long enough to do separate parties. My god children are 2 days apart and have joint parties.

#8 Relish*

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

My two have birthdays a day apart. Haven't had any parties yet, they're 1 and 3 next month, but I think it'd be fine, especially if they get along (which they do so far!) It's not like I can do anything about it anyway so it is what it is!

#9 tidey2

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

I'm currently pregnant with number 2 but this is my husband's 5th child.

This year looks a little like this:

23rd April - my sister's birthday
27th April - my brother gets married
5th May - DS's 3rd birthday
7th May - MIL's birthday
12th May - Mother's Day
13th May - Step Daughter's birthday
19th May - my mum's birthday
21st May - baby's due

We have a similar set up in July / August with the other 2 kids and family members.

It's a bit exhausting but we make sure that each person's special occasion is celebrated and all the focus is on them.

Edited by tidey2, 12 February 2013 - 01:03 PM.

#10 Jenflea

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

In September I have Father's day(for 2 dads and my husband)
My sister's birthday on the 1st
Niece on the 6th
Mine on the 13th
Father in law the 29
BiL 30th.

It gets busy and expensive but it's easily managed.

I'm a twin so my mum had to do 3 birthday parties in 2 weeks.
My sister on the 1st was 2yrs older and had a party, then my twin brother and I had a party 2 weeks later. Stuff organised for the boys and diff stuff for the girls.  And she made TWO different amazing cakes for our party as well.

#11 R2B2

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

I have 2 in the same month. 20 days apart and one of them also shares our wedding anniversary wink.gif

not sure how birthdays will play out as one of them is only 10 weeks.

#12 KBM

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

I have two born on the same day, 5 years apart.

We will do a family celebration on the day, presents and special dinner.

If either or both is having a party or a get together (DD last year ust had some friends over for a sleep over), we will do one on the weekend before and the other on the weekend after their birthdays.

Cake will be had at party or, if not having party, on the day itself (a shared cake, not one each).

#13 kpingitquiet

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

Heh, well, while it's a distinct possibility that I will have this in the future, my whole flipping family is like this.

Dad, aunt x 2, great-grandma x 2, cousin, sister, MIL, SIL, daughter and myself are all in one month biggrin.gif Group parties are a fact of life with that many bdays in the close family, but usually if it was two children then it would just be a separate party/dinner/whatever on the weekend closest to their birthday, just as if their bdays were months apart. It does make for a very expensive month, though! Ours is extra painful as it's November, followed by another chocked-full bday month of December + Christmas.

#14 TheRedWoman

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

I have 2 girls born on the same day in Jan, one is 15 years the other is 7.
I have another 2 girls born a day apart in Feb,  one has just turned 10, the other 3 years.
My eldest daughter born on the same day as my sister in March and I have another daughter born on the 31st March.  
Basically 6 kids between January and March. Expensive and busy months  original.gif

#15 Elemenopee

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

My 4 children are all in March. It is 4 birthdays within 12 days. My husband it also in March!
One member here has 5 children in one month.
It's cool. No-one has to wait too long until it is their turn. We have done one huge party at a kindergym before, this year it will be just having a friend or 2 over.

#16 Rolex

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

Two of mine have birthdays 3 days apart.

Always seperate friends parties.  I will never combine parties for them, I don't think that's fair.  We have an afternoon tea or similar with family, combined.  But friend parties always seperate, I would never combine them even if their birthdays were on the same day.  They each open their presents on their own day.

It's a non-issue IMO.  

#17 Elemenopee

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (Rolex @ 12/02/2013, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Two of mine have birthdays 3 days apart.
Always seperate friends parties.  I will never combine parties for them, I don't think that's fair.  We have an afternoon tea or similar with family, combined.  But friend parties always seperate, I would never combine them even if their birthdays were on the same day.  They each open their presents on their own day..

My girls are 2 years apart, and have a couple of the same friends. They all play together beautifully. My boys are twins, and all their friends are shared friends. Fair or not fair, I can't see us ever throwing separate parties for them.
My kids are only young, 3,3,5 and 7 but I don't get how it's not fair to have a combined party? They are perfectly happy when we have done it.

#18 Peppery

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

My brother and i are a day apart. He opened his presents on my birthday until he was around 10. We had combined birthday parties until he was 13 then he was too cool to celebrate with his little sister (3 years younger).

#19 TotesAmazeballs

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

I can kind of see the PPs way of thinking. If they were born a few months apart would you have combined? No? It wasn't their choice to be born so close together.
That being said though, if they are happy with it then I see no issue. I would just change it a bit when the are older as I can't imagine they would be happy with it forever. But I'm sure you have thought of that.

Edited by K+M+A+P, 12 February 2013 - 01:46 PM.

#20 TheRedWoman

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

Due to the ages differences between my kids shared parties with friends are not an option. We don't do friend parties every year for each child, more like every second year.
Every year we do a family party with all the relatives plus the birthday kids choose a restaurant they want to eat at just with dh and I.  We combine those celebrations for the birthday pair without any issues.

#21 spellfall

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

My parents are a day apart so we have separate dinners and 2 cakes.

My sister and I are 5 days apart. As soon as my bday is over, wham, she starts building up to hers! We used to have joint parties as littlies (3 years apart) but the only time separate parties was exhausting was when we had an 18th the weekend after 21st.

#22 Mummytoyou

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

I have 3 of mine in December wacko.gif  and one very late November.   It's crazy with christmas as well.

Then another 2 of mine are in August and dh's late July blink.gif

Then in October - dd's is the 8th, mine 13th, ds 18th  ohmy.gif

Not very well planned laugh.gif

You need to plan really well ahead to have everything organised/ money saved for presents/parties etc and I try to break up the parties a little by celebrating someone's a little earlier, someone's a little later.

#23 kpingitquiet

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

Oh yeah! Forgot to mention that said sister and I are 2 days apart...and five years. So not only very close birthdays, but always having a "major" bday the same year (5/10/15th bdays). Still had separate cakes/events most of the time.

#24 Jaffacakes

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

Not yet, although this one is due 10 days before DS birthday (hoping to go a smidge earlier though, but not a big deal in the wider scheme of things)

#25 Rolex

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (Elemenopee @ 12/02/2013, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My girls are 2 years apart, and have a couple of the same friends. They all play together beautifully. My boys are twins, and all their friends are shared friends. Fair or not fair, I can't see us ever throwing separate parties for them.
My kids are only young, 3,3,5 and 7 but I don't get how it's not fair to have a combined party? They are perfectly happy when we have done it.

Twins I see differently, assuming they have the same friends.  My friend has twins in year 3 and they are still in the same class at school, so yep they have a combined party.  But different age siblings generally have different friends.  The comment below is pretty much what I was getting at.  My other child born in Feb doesn't have to share a party, so personally I just don't think my 2 kids born in August should have to, just because their birthdays are close.  Each to their own though, and if your kids are happy with it, all fine.  But you may find down the track they may resent not having their own party, but maybe they won't?  I didn't mean to cause offence.  It's just the way I look at it for my own kids.

QUOTE (K+M+A+P @ 12/02/2013, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can kind of see the PPs way of thinking. If they were born a few months apart would you have combined? No? It wasn't their choice to be born so close together.

Edited by Rolex, 12 February 2013 - 04:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Life with anxiety

At times, I feel pretty worthless. In those moments, all I want to do is curl up into a ball and hide in the dark. I can try to quiet my mind, but it won?t shut up.

IVF leaves woman pregnant with another couple's twins

An Italian woman has been told the twins she is three months pregnant with are not hers.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

What you need for the 'fourth trimester'

In my opinion, the first three months after the birth are the most intense. Here's what got me through that time after welcoming my baby.

Weaning a toddler off a dummy: a 15-day plan

Weaning your child off the dummy can be a traumatic experience for both of you. Here are some tips to help you through.

Choosing to be a solo parent

Two women share their stories of longing for a baby so much that they each decided not to wait for a partner before becoming a mum.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Mum's heartbreak as son dies in road accident

Daly Thomas and her two young sons were walking home from church on Tuesday afternoon. Her youngest son never made it.

New Kate Spade baby bag designs

Don?t adjust your screen: this bright beauty is coming to you in full colour.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.