Children born in the same month

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 sophie222

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

Hi just curious to know if anyone has had there 2,3,4 ect child born the same month as another child?
How do you go with birthdays ect?

#2 countrylivingmum

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

My husband and sil are born two weeks apart in march mil said she just saved thru out the year and birthday parties were held on alternate years.

#3 MumLOA

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

Hi!
My first son is 8 and my third son is 1 and they were both born in October, 2 days apart!

We plan on alternating years for parties...last year they both had one as we were having the 1st birthday party and had promised DS1 that he could have one that year, but from now on...definitely every other year original.gif

#4 *LiMa*

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

I have 3 (yes 3) siblings all in the same week- well there is 5 days between the first and last birthday.  Besides the fact that you are well and truly sick of cake by the end of that week there has never been any sort of issue.  My parents were never birthday party people, I think we each had maybe 1 between preschool and 18.

I'm currently pregnant and due 2 weeks after DD's birthday, I can. Ot come up with any scenario that would make this a bad thing, even if they do end up being on the same day

#5 lactasticmama

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

Not in the same month, but I have DD2 in Jan, DD1 2wks later in early Feb, & then DS is a month later in March. DH is also 4 days before DD2.

I don't find it too bad. The only problem is all the cake that gets eaten over the 4 birthdays. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, only when you have cake leftovers as big as your head.

#6 tle

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

I have twins and an older child all born in the same month. Never really been an issue for us. The twins have the same birthday party (because they would invite the same kids anyway) and DD has a seperate one.

The only problem is that it is also right before Christmas so finding special gifts for both birthday and Christmas can be a bit tricky (and expensive).

#7 Iwantitall

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

My first two are both June babies, 13 days apart, and we do something special for each.  Number 3 & 4 are both September babies, just 2 days apart......not sure how we are going to handle this yet as DS 4 is yet to have his first Birthday.  I am guessing we will do the same as the other two, have a joint birthday afternoon tea with extended family and on their actual Birthday they get to choose there fav dinner and dessert and it's all about them.

Edited by beljane, 12 February 2013 - 03:48 PM.

#8 B.feral3

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

I have 2 born in December, then Christmas, then 1 born in January... it's a real kerfuffle believe me.

#9 123tree

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

I am a twin and our birthdate is the 21st.  My sister is the 23rd and my brother 25th all the same week.

It was never an issue at all.  My twin and I always shared a party if that was a party year and my twin hated sharing a party with a passion.  As for our older sibling it never even mattered that their birthday's were close by.

The only thing is EVERYONE must have THEIR OWN CAKE!!!!!  Cannot stress that enough.

#10 Swarley

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

My 1st is 2 days before DH. 2nd and 3rd are two weeks apart. And 4th is in the same month as me, which will also be our new baby's birth month, and my wedding anniversary Tounge1.gif

All our occasions are grouped together. It's not a huge issue because we don't have big birthday parties and just start saving earlier for present money.

#11 namie

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

My sister brother and I were all born within a two week period, on the 25th, 31st and 2nd. My sister 2 years after me, my brother 3 years after that.

We had a party every 3 years, where we were allowed to invite friends and a big deal was made.

But, for every birthday, every year, we all got a present and we all had a cake. If grandparents and/or aunts and uncles were around, they'd pop in to celebrate on one or another day.

The only issue was as we got older and 'important' birthdays started falling in the same year (i.e. 13, 16, 18, 21). They tended to overlap in some form or another (although fortunately not more than 2 at a time, lol) but we were allowed to each have a party or at least invite one or two friends over: when I was 18 I had a huge party with all (perhaps 25, lol) of my friends, and my sister was allowed to have a sleep over the week before with 2 close girlfriends for her 16th.

#12 ~MakkaPakka~

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

DD#1 is on the 17th of September and DD#2 is the 27th of September, we have never had any issues, then again we have only had "family and close friends" type parties.

#13 Mummy Again2

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

We have 3 birthdays within 8 days, it gets a bit hectic but that's life.  Some years the boys will do a combined party ( they're 2 years apart and a lot of their friends are also brothers, do that works well.  Other times I'll deliberately move them close, say have them after school 2 days in a row, I find it makes it easier to plan 2 at once personally.  Sometimes I move them both to November as December does get a buy hectic.  The only one who ever misses out on a party is me as I'm the third, but never bothers me.
Mb

#14 IsolaBella

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

There is an EB member with all 5 kids born in January.

#15 mumandboys

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

My oldest and youngest are both in July, 2 days apart.

They have parties in alternate years, but it's still hard doing cakes/presents etc with only a day in between!

My sister and I were born a week (and 3 years) apart.  We used to have combined parties.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Special Ticket Offer, Save $8!

The Essential Baby & Toddler Show is back this April! Save $8 off the door price for a limited time only!

Why I breastfed my son until he was three

The fact that I not only breastfed my son, but breastfed him for three and a half years, seems pretty incredible in retrospect.

Do babies and young children see ghosts?

Do babies and young children see ghosts? If you’ve pondered the question, you’re not alone.

15 years with Essential Baby: meet Therese

"Life has a funny way of giving you what you need when you need it the most."

Mum causes a stir by taking a stand against leggings

A mum has found herself the subject of debate after claiming tight bottoms cause lustful thoughts in men.

Don't set a parenting goal for 2015 - do this instead

The problem with goal setting as a parent is the measure. How do we really know if we’re succeeding?

5 pregnancy myths that just won't go away

When you're expecting, it often seems like everyone is keen to offer advice about what you should and shouldn't do in the interests of your health and wellbeing.

RPA hospital contacting mums after discovering vaccine storage fault

Sydney's Royal Prince Alfred Hospital (RPA) is trying to contact women who had babies at the facility after discovering a fault in a refrigerator containing vaccines.

'Nutella' not a baby name, French court says

A French court has blocked parents from naming their baby girl after the hazelnut spread Nutella, arguing it would make her the target of mockery.

Why I'm never calling myself 'just a mum' again

I’ve grown three human beings. I feed them, dress them, teach them, care for them and love them 24 hours a day. Yet for eight years, when I meet new people and they’ve asked me what I do, I tell them: “I’m just a mum”.

Rosie Batty named 2015 Australian of the Year

One year ago, Rosie Batty could not have imagined she'd be where she is. Tonight the grieving mum who put domestic violence on the national agenda was named Australian of the Year.

Five reasons to hug more

Hugging – some of us thrive on it, even depend on it – and then there are those who don't care for it really. So, are they missing out?

Help - my three-year-old has started throwing tantrums

My daughter never went through the "terrible twos" but began throwing wild tantrums shortly after her third birthday.

That's commitment

First peek at Sonia Kruger's daughter Maggie

"She smells so good, I could eat her," Kruger tells co-host David Campbell.

Mum assists in own caesarean surgery

A mum who partly delivered her own twins during a caesarean has encouraged other women to take control of their birthing experience.

How to handle common childhood regressions

Regression can be a natural and common part of development prompted by a variety of factors, but that doesn't make it less frustrating.

Disgruntled dad's pram ad goes viral

When buying a second hand pram, there are lots of things to take into consideration. 

Man discovers he's a dad after finding 55-year-old letter

Discovering you are about to father a baby is startling enough - never mind finding out you have a 61-year-old son.

15 thoughts mums have during a tantrum

Ranging from mild to feral and triggered by events both minor and major, tantrums certainly keep life interesting.

Natural pain relief in the early stages of labour

While managing labour pains on your own can be daunting, there are a number of natural pain relief options to help you cope until you are admitted to hospital.

Win an Octonauts prize pack

To celebrate the launch of Octonauts Live! Operation Reef Shield, a spectacular underwater adventure live on stage, we are giving away an amazing Octonauts prize pack to one lucky fan.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Forgotten Baby Syndrome claims the life of toddler

One baby dies every eight days in the back of a car in the US, victims of 'forgotten baby syndrome'.

For a brief time, I was touched by an angel

For a brief time, I was touched by an angel. You stole my heart, and changed me into the women I am today.

Chinese woman gives birth to quintuplets

After six years of trying for a baby, a couple’s dreams have come true many times over after the mum gave birth to quintuplets this week.

Chrissie Swan has reached her "sex quota"

Chrissie Swan says she and her partner have sex once a year due to her fear of falling pregnant.

Stars help save choking babies

It's an important lesson to learn, but one that busy new mums and dads might overlook until it's too late.

New Girl star Zooey Deschanel pregnant

Actress Zooey Deschanel is expecting her first child with her producer boyfriend Jacob Pechenik.

16 times 'dad reflexes' saved the day

Of course, in some cases they may be the ones who actually got their child into a precarious position in the first place, but we'll ignore that for now.

Couple's 'non-traditional' pregnancy announcement goes viral

Knowing you are not the father of your pregnant wife's baby would usually indicate a rocky relationship ahead for traditional parents.

The trials and tribulations of identical triplet newborns

Pip Donnelly is still playing spot the difference with her newborn identical triplets, Isabelle, Georgina and Frankie.

Win an Octonauts prize pack

To celebrate the launch of Octonauts Live! Operation Reef Shield, a spectacular underwater adventure live on stage, we are giving away an amazing Octonauts prize pack to one lucky fan.

Earthquake baby thriving five years on

Jenny Alexis is lucky to be alive after spending four days buried in the rubble of the 2010 Haitian earthquake, but now she's a thriving five year old.

Please don't say I'm lucky because I was adopted

On the one hand I was having a regular life with friends and sports and sleepovers and school. But I was also always wondering: Did my mother love me? What was wrong with me?

An open letter to non-parents who offer advice on child-rearing

Kitty, when you’re the parent of my child you’re welcome to wade in with an opinion – but until then, I’d prefer you to have a supportive ear and a glass of wine ready.

Couple arrested over baby gun video

A US couple faces charges after investigators say they found mobile phone videos showing the woman's 12-month-old daughter putting a handgun in her mouth.

NSW Health dumps 10-year limit on frozen embryos

A 10-year time limit on storing frozen embryos that were created with donor sperm has been dropped by the NSW government.

How my happy-go-lucky husband became a monster

Sharan Nicholson-Rogers watched her husband change from a happy-go-lucky police officer into an unpredictable man prone to violent and emotional outbursts.

Dads-to-be experience hormonal changes, too

Dads-to-be experience hormonal changes in line with their pregnant partners, a new study shows.

'They were just doing their job': mum of toddler killed in police chase gone wrong

"They were just doing their job. I feel so sorry for them. It is all just too sad."

Miscarriages to be formally recognised by NSW government

Women who miscarry will be able to obtain an optional "recognition of loss" certificate as a formal recognition of their often heartbreaking loss.

Cafe cubby house 'too noisy' for neighbours

Teenage parties, domestic disputes, or raucous late night pubs are the things that usually come to mind when you think neighbourhood noise complaints.

Dad films baby playing with snake

Most parents would not consider a snake an appropriate playmate for their baby, but a US dad who filmed his daughter playing with a python has defended himself against criticism.

Clever breastfeeding products

Check out this range of products designed to help make your breastfeeding journey more enjoyable, manageable and convenient.

Back to School Offer

Findababysitter.com.au

We've got you covered for this school year. Use www.findababysitter.com.au to meet local nannies now.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.