My second son by virtue of being born in march was not old enough to start there this year, they take from 16 months. I'm hesitant to put him in later in the year if a spot becomes available because most of the kids will be 2ish mid year. I have a couple of options as I'm going back to work in September 2 days a week so we will now qualify for the rebate on the costs.
- send him to fdc my ds1 went to last year, he would start at age 22 months. He would probably be one of the older kids there but certainly not the oldest. The oldest kids I know of are generally 3 or close to it at the end of the year. I know the teachers well having been with them all last year and I really liked the place. But no rebate on the costs, plus they don't have school holidays etc there were 2 weeks off in the whole year last year. The rebate could potentially save us about $3,500 over the course of the year. He could go straight to preschool the following year.
- send him to the preschool starting age 2 my ds1 just began at. It's 20 kids and a lovely enviroment but so I have reservations about sending him to such a large environment if he has never been in care before.
- find alternative fdc that give the rebate (I've got recommendations for 2 in my area who will have space next year)
It's horrid this is also a financial decision, but we are going to be be building our house next year so the rebate if we qualify is important, though not as important as finding the right environment.
Anyone have any advice, sorry this is so long!
Edited by premmie_29weeks, 11 February 2013 - 12:49 PM.