Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 Corella

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

Morphology scan today - all clear. Perfect shots of a very cute baby wink.gif. I know my edd is early July so when are others going?

#3 blueynat

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:10 AM

going for morphology scan in about 2-3 weeks just gotta ring up and see when and where I can get an appointment as they have 2 places I can get put.

Corella~glad your scan went well I cant wait for mine

#4 Rolex

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:12 AM

Corella, congrats on your scan original.gif  Mine was last Friday.  All good and most definitely a boy original.gif

I just saw your post in the last thread too.  Did you delete yourself?  I can try adding you again, but unfortunately I've had problems re-adding someone before. Apparently when you leave a group, there's a box you have to tick that allows you to be re-added.  Otherwise I can't do it (just gives an error message "you cannot add a former member")

I'll pm you original.gif

#5 Corella

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:56 AM

I didn't mean to leave - I have another group that was a Dig name (well another two actually) and deleted myself for the wrong one. I didn't think I ticked any boxes though?

#6 integriti

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

Glad ur scans went well biggrin.gif RoLex and Corella!!!

I had scan booked for 8/03 but DH couldn't make it so just rung and changed it to 14/03 which is only just in the date range.
What is the date range? What can't they see if I leave it too late?
unsure.gif
Went to hospital last night. Had pains all day in upper abdomen, figured it was just RLP but when I read up about them they were meant to come and go and be a lot lower but these were searing, sharp and 24hrs!
ED was pretty good was in and out in about 3hrs. They only had Doppler to check little gremlin but found strong heartbeat ~160bpm, does that seem too fast for 16 weeks?
Dr. thought pains were intestine related and recommended Panadol, more fibre and lots of water. Do I need to increase fibre if I'm still regular?

#7 Rolex

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:04 AM

Morph scan is supposed to be between 18-20 weeks.  I had mine at 19+4 and she even said they prefer doing it in the 20th week.  How far will you be on the 14th?

Also with your pains, I thought bowel issues as well, only because I know it well!  I have IBS and have suffered really badly with it this pregnancy.  Just had another attack on Monday night with vomiting, then hours of pains that feel so much like contractions, so painful.  Then diarrhoea.  Completely wiped me out.  So dehydrated and tired, I had Tuesday off work.  I thought I'd been 'regular' leading up to that episode too but it still happened.  I've been having a glass of pear juice each day (easy way to get your extra fibre as it doesn't taste too bad either), but I hadn't had any for the week beforehand.  I'm back on it again now!

#8 FERALfoxgirls

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:52 AM

integriti - my midwife wrote 20-22wks for me to go and have my morph scan (having it today at 20 wks), so it seems the time frame can Vary a bit. I hope you don't get much more pain, i felt silly going to ED when i had abdo pain, but it's always better to get checked, my pain resulted in emergency surgery for appendicitis!

Corella, how cute are the 20 wk scans. I looked at pics of DD1 &DD2 at 20 weeks, and i was amazed that i could recognise them , made me so excited for this morph scan  original.gif

Rolex, you poor thing, the bowel goes funny enough in pregnancy without having IBS as well. I have been drinking prune juice, but pear juice sounds much nicer!! do you make it yourself??

I have my morph scan this afternoon. I was booked in at 10am, but had to change to this afternoon because DH was working. I am so anxious to see everything is fine. And also got hit yesterday with feeling a lot of pressure. After 2 girls, my whole family is rooting for a boy. I am dreading telling people 'Another girl' because i feel like people will be disappointed for me. I am so cool about having a girl or a boy, it's just other peoples ideas getting to me i think. Anyway, i'll come back later on after the scan original.gif

#9 Debblah

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

I have my 20 week scan in a few days and I'm so excited to see blob look like a baby, I have yet to decide yes or no on finding out the sex. I change my mind constantly, one day I want to know the next I don't. This is my first and last, I'll be 41 when he/she is born and I am too old to go through the hell of pregnancy again so I want to do as much as possible as right as possible.
five people said boy, and ring test says girl. I have no idea, no feeling nothing. I'm  blank. I want to know if it's blue or pink which name I've picked out is it going to be. I love both names so much I sometimes wish I was having twins..just to use them both... original.gif
indigestion is bad, was up 13 hours with it last night, throwing up a lot and in major pain...Not fun.

#10 VJs Mummy

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

Hey all well i have my morph scan on friday i will be 19 +6 they said for me to go closer to 20 weeks as i didnt have a dating scan im counting down the days but i am also still really nervous due to what happened with my daughter so i just keep remaining positive,
I had my 1st midwife appt last friday was good, i have all my dates for when to go see midwife booked in so that helps and i told her if i got to my last appt she will be booking me in for my induction on my due date lol told her i would not go over cause of my anxiety she just laughed and said so u will try anything otherwise and i said yes lol
so glad i got a nice midwife so hopefully they will be nice when i in labour too lol
glad everyones scans have gone well so far, look forward to hearing more news from u all and the sex of your babies if your finding out

#11 Rolex

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (foxgirls @ 18/02/2013, 06:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have been drinking prune juice, but pear juice sounds much nicer!! do you make it yourself??

No, it's sold in the supermarket by Goulburn Valley - 850ml yellow coloured tin.  You'll find it near the canned juices and poppers/tetra packs etc.  I swear by it!  All the best with your scan this arv biggrin.gif

#12 integriti

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

foxgirls: How did the scan go? Fingers crossed for fingers, toes and all the perfect bits, as long as bub is healthy sex shouldn't cross your mind! (haha blue or pink not referring to the good sort!)
Glad you went to hospital too!!!!! For me getting the all clear is so worth the feeling that all hospital staff think pregnant women are hypochondriacs! Pain has subsided thankfully!

Rolex: I'll be 20+2 for my morph. Your pear juice has me salavating, I hheart.gif Santa Vittoria Pear Nectar but they are so bloomin small! I shall hunt for Goulburn Valley next time I'm in town!

Met with midwife on Friday. But she told me she was leaving in April, thus can't get too attached, she seemed so lovely though! Thyroid function test results this Friday, finally got my butt into gear and have a whole list of other questions to ask Doc too!

I still haven't told work yet... ddoh.gif Hopefully can work up the courage after morph!

#13 FERALfoxgirls

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

VJs mummy, wishing you all the best for your scan , really hoping you leave the room on a high and that everything is perfect for you.

Rolex. Awesome, ta. I prefer the prune juice to metamucil but pear juice sounds even better again!

Debblah ,I didn't find out with my first, I am the most impatient person in the world, and waiting 40 wks to find out she was a girl nearly killed me, saying that, having the whole 'It's a girl moment' is something i am glad i have experienced in my life. But i figure i waited once, and then didn't have the will power to be that patient  to wait to find out this time or last pregnancy.

Integriti, glad the pain is easing for you. The scan went well. The guy who did the scan was lovely, he was the best we have ever had. so obviously loved his job. He pointed out everything to us and said baby was very obliging and that we will have a disk full of wonderful shots   biggrin.gif . DD1 asked about 50 times while we were in there 'do you know what it is yet'? And right at the end he goes 'so I already know what it is, but i'll go back down'..... 'so here you can see two lines, commonly referred to as the hamburger' (lol) 'your having a girl'
My girls in chorus 'Yaaaaay'!!!!  biggrin.gif
In all my scans (obviously having 2 girls already) i have never suspected i saw a little boys bits, and i could see it was all flat when he was looking at the tummy and legs right at the start, so anyway i'll stop blabbering, and we continue to think pink at our house  original.gif

Edited by foxgirls, 19 February 2013 - 06:14 AM.

#14 riverkirst

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

Great news on all the wonderful scan results, I have gone from being absolutely sure i want to findout bubs gender to really not wanting to know although my whole family want to know there is a lot of "oh i really hope its a girl" or " dont worry you will have a girl this time" . I mean sure i'd love a girl but with my 3 wonderful little boys a girl may end up being a real tomboy anyway, i would just like a happy healthy baby original.gif scan is on friday morning really dont know whether to findout i'm not good with surprises but i dont think i can wait another 18 weeks to findout.

#15 smp87

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

Hello expecting parents to be
I am new to the forum and this is my first ever post on a forum, I have read heaps of them but never before taken part. So I appologise if I don't get some of the lingo right.
I am currently 17w 2d pregnant with bubba number 1 due 31st July  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif
My husband and I are both extremely excited about becoming parents but at the same time have those scared moments I'm sure most first time parents have.
I would love to keep in touch with others that are in the same stages I am, I think it is nice to be able to share what we are all going through. As a first timer it has been quite full on with all of the sickness, tiredness and many many changes that are happening. I think it is absolutely amazing what the human body is capable of and even on my worst days I am still so thankful to be a woman that is blessed enough to be carrying a child  biggrin.gif

#16 riverkirst

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

We had our scan today everything looks great and we are having a baby girl original.gif

#17 Debblah

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

Well I went for my 20 weeks scan, asked the lady to write it down on a piece of paper and put it in the envelope I had with me, so that I could have it with me for when I made up my mind, also if my bf and I decided to open it we can have our special moment together, alone without being in a sterile room with a stranger. Its been three days and I have not cracked yet.
Lol yet.
It's in a draw, hidden away from prying eyes... while we wait and decide yes or no.
Seeing my baby move on the screen was amazing, he/she moved so much the lady had to wait a while to get some decent shots, moving his/her arms around and covering the face, moving head back and forth and side to side and rolling over, was sooo amazing.
I've always wanted to have that It's a girl/its a boy moment at the delivery, but I'm 20 weeks this week and it's taken forever and knowing there is another 20 weeks to go...far too long to wait. So we will have to wait and see.
My blood sugar is up and I'm close to having to insulin on top of bad indigestion, and throwing up, so at the moment I've very down, and cry all the time. Heat isn't helping, I can't wait for cooler/cold weather to start...
I'm trying to stay positive but it's hard 5 months of being sick almost every day, heat and now the chance of insulin for GD is just not fun.
I've decided to not like all the women who breeze through pregnancy and have it all smooth and happy, which includes one of my sisters who had 5 and wasn't sick once...grrr.

#18 smp87

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:20 AM

Rolex, can you please PM me Re: FB. I have been trying to PM you this morning but it is not letting me. After typing out my message 3 times and hitting send it tells me that I need more than 3 characters in the message :-/

#19 VJs Mummy

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

hey all and welcome smp87, and congrats on your pregnancy well had morph scan on friday and going to go get another ultrasound on wednesday, hoping something simple and trying not to stress to much lol,  hope everyone else scan all went well i cant believe we are all nearly 20 weeks and only have another 20ish weeks to go

#20 smp87

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Thanks for the welcome VJs Mummy.

I have to wait a couple more weeks for my scan, booked in for the 16th of March. DH and I are both incredibly excited for this scan. DH missed out on coming to the NT scan so I can't wait for him to see bubba in full action :-)

Rolex - my name is Stacey Pearce (Pakleppa)

Edited by smp87, 23 February 2013 - 08:42 PM.

#21 integriti

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

Good luck tomorrow VJs Mummy fingers crossed for you!
Welcome smp87
DebBlah
the envelope is such a good idea! Hope you feel better soon, when do you find out if its GD?
riverkirst: CONGRATULATIONS; a little girl, you must be over the moon!

Do you guys get the EB weekly email? I never got mine this week, its my favourtite so much good info! sad.gif
EDIT: Am now signed up to the Huggies email, even more info! Loving it!

Edited by integriti, 26 February 2013 - 06:00 PM.

#22 AJV29

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

Hi All,

This is my first post!

I am 18w 3d pregnant with my first baby biggrin.gif Our scan is booked for this Friday and we cannot wait to see bub again... We are not going to find out the sex - even though I dislike all neutral clothes and am finding it hard to resist at shopping.

Everything has gone rather well so far and I cannot complain. SMP87 your post sounded very similar to my situation (I am due on the 28th).

Looking forward to more of your posts and reading about your baby / pregnancy updates.

#23 FERALfoxgirls

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:36 AM

AJV29, welcome to you original.gif The shopping part is so much fun!

Debblah, if i had that envelope it would call me from the draw like a ghost! You have some serious will power i think!

riverkirst, how cool to have a girl this time around. Are your boys happy to have a little sister?

I dont have much to report. I'm working between 2 and 4 days a week until the end of this term, and then may have just agreed to work right up til i have my CS next term. They then asked me to work 2 days a week in term 3&4. I never worked with my first 2, but this time the plan will be that baby will be home with dad, so I am thinking it should be fine if i can express, and work is 5 mins away so baby can always pop in for a feed. Such a stressful decision. There is no way i would consider it if it meant putting a tiny baby into daycare.
Still have days where i don't feel pregnant at all, and then other i get all symptoms at once! I think the insomnia is the worst ATM.

#24 rubberducky

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if I can join your DIG?  I am currently 20 weeks (today) pregnant with my 4th baby.  I have 3 beautiful sons and will find out tomorrow at our 20 week scan if we are adding another blue addition to our family.  I am fully expecting them to say its a boy and think I will be in shock if they say girl.  

My pregnancy so far has been so different from my last 3.  I am still nausous at 20 weeks (occassionally throwing up which only started last week).  The exhaustion is killing me this time but that may be from having 3 children to look after.  

Hope you are all well and enjoying your pregnancies!

RD xx

#25 blueynat

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:12 AM

welcome to all the newbies biggrin.gif rubberducky I remember you around the threads a while ago original.gif

So exciting seeing all these u/s results. I cant wait for mine next week to find out if we will even it up with a boy or have another girl.

Debblah~that envelope would of been screaming at me to open it by now and i would of caved within 5 mins laughing2.gif

foxgirls~that would be a stressful decision going back when bubs is still so little but if daddy will be home it will make it much easier. I couldnt put a newborn in daycare either as all i would do all day is worry

Nothing much to report here apart from feeling bub more and more even felt some good kicks on the outside(DP misses everytime it happens lol). Oh and already feeling like a whale as I feel huge, even though dp and my family say i'm no where near as big as i was with the others lol.

Hopefully I wont get lazy and will start posting a bit more. Hope everyone has a great day and good luck to all who is having u/s this week original.gif

Take care all
Nat

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

The myths and truths of gender swaying

Here are a few popular methods hopeful parents-to-be use to try to get a baby of their preferred gender – and what an expert says about whether they really work.

10 easy DIY Christmas decoration ideas

It's officially time to get into the Christmas spirit. Why not branch out when you put up your tree this year and add a personal touch with a few DIY decorations? We've found the perfect easy-to-make ways to put more festive fever into your home.

The dangerous new trend of glucose challenge test refusal

A dangerous trend is seeing more mothers-to-be declining a relatively simple and painless test to check for gestational diabetes.

Office of Fair Trading reveals naughty toys ahead of Christmas

The Office of Fair Trading has pulled seven toys from shelves ahead of Christmas after they fail safety tests.

Video: Baby boy's trouble with twins

These twin girls will no doubt have fun fooling people in years to come, but nobody will be as confused as baby Landon.

Long-term reversible male contraceptive on its way

Men could soon have access to an injectable long-term contraceptive which works in a similar way to a vasectomy but promises to be easily reversed.

'I tried to kill my baby': one mum's story

After bathing and dressing her three-month-old son, Amanda had a rare moment alone with her baby.

Attack of the 'mummy brain'

I feel that almost every day, someone in my life - be they a friend, family member or complete stranger - feels the need to excuse my behaviour as I have other things on my mind.

Mum of baby who fell ill after drinking raw milk speaks out

A Melbourne mother has described how her son turned grey when he became seriously ill after drinking raw milk.

Australian divorce rate lowest since 1976

Modern newlyweds are now well into their 30s and marriage still offers something powerful a new book argues.

The aftermath of a traumatic birth experience

In Australia, 30 per cent of women find their birth experience traumatic, with 6 per cent going on to develop post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Young mum burns 'from inside-out'

A young mum is in intensive care after she took a friend's antibiotic and wound up with an ailment that is burning her body 'from the inside-out'.

The disagreement that can break a relationship

If he doesn't change his mind, all I can hope is that I will. It would be a waste to spend the rest of my marriage mourning a baby that never was.

Co-sleeping or no-sleeping? Mum videos worst nap ever

One mother's futile attempt to sleep in caught on camera in a hilarious - and very cute - video.

Why children misbehave during the festive season

While we all like to imagine the holiday season as being a fun, loving and bonding experience; often our reality is quiet different.

I was fat-shamed by my doctor

The fear of being weighed is the most significant factor in women cancelling medical appointments - and now weight-shaming has happened to me.

End of an era: no more childcare

As we reach the end of 2014, we're closing the book on many things for another year, most notably childcare. Our last child has attended childcare for the very last time.

The 7-year itch is more like the 10-year itch: study

Contrary to popular belief, making it past the seven-year mark doesn't mean your marriage will be smooth sailing from there on.

Stop telling us that parenting gets harder

I’m sure that parenting will get harder. But life isn’t exactly smooth sailing for many of us right now, either.

Should children be forced to sit on Santa's lap?

We teach kids it’s okay to say no if they don’t feel safe, so why do some parents force their children to climb in to Santa's lap?

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Baby born weighing almost 14 pounds

Yes, the bouncing baby girl was born by caesarean section. And mum says no more kids.

The dummy debate

I'm the first to admit that when I used to see tiny babies with dummies in their mouths, I thought "Hmm, lazy parenting." And now I apologise.

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

'I thought I was an only child'

Imagine meeting your double at a school sports event, or regularly being mistaken for someone you haven't met. Separated twins Margaret and Joy tell their story.

Mums reveal their nappy bag essentials

Ever wondered what other mums carry in their nappy bags? We have, so we asked mums to tell us their must-have nappy bag items.

Toddler died because he wasn't given antibiotics soon enough

A 15-month-old boy would almost certainly be alive today if doctors had given him antibiotics sooner, a coroner has ruled.

VIDEO: moment a toddler falls on to train tracks in Melbourne

Shocking footage has emerged capturing the moment a pram carrying a toddler rolled off a platform and onto train tracks in suburban Melbourne.

Sold on natural birth? Read the fine print

In the excitement and anticipation of a first pregnancy, I ignored the fine print: some women, some of the time.

Child with alcoholic mum who drank while pregnant won't win pay-out

A young child is not entitled to criminal injuries compensation after her mother drank excessively while pregnant.

Superbugs killing India's babies, posing wider threat

A deadly epidemic that could have global implications is quietly sweeping India, tens of thousands of newborns dying because antibiotics no longer work.

Can you teach a toddler to sleep in?

Parents share their tips on getting their early risers to sleep in, even for just a little bit longer.

Keeping your relationship on track as new parents

About 70 per cent of couples experience a slump in their relationship within three years of having a baby. Here's how we tried to get back on track.

America's favourite baby names of 2014

Americans are turning to television, Netflix and sports for ideas for what to name their wee ones.

Carers admit to force-feeding children

As Sydney grieves the loss of Sydney siege victims Katrina Dawson and Tori Johnson, reports have suggested that both died as heroes.

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.