Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 ~Peaches~

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

Just popping in to see how everyone is going, might as well grab GOLD while I'm here lol grin.gif

Hope everyone is well and the tww isn't dragging for those that are in it at the moment happy.gif Looking forward to finally getting some more BFP's in here soon hopefully! x

#3 3'sACharm

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

*casually walks in and grabs silver then casually walks back out*

SILVER

#4 Bunbaker

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

Hi ladies,

I am back!! I have been away the last couple of weeks because my cycles are doing my head in and making me go crazy haha

I have been so regular with 30 day cycles up until 3 months ago and now they are 6 weeks with my Ovulation happening on week 4 but at week 3 having a gear up and trick me into thinking I was O'ing.

Well it was hubby's birthday yersterday and was very excited that I O'd. I was in agony though, it was the most painful O I have ever had and was almost in tears.

I woke this morning with such a good feeling knowing at least we caught the right day this month and thats as much as we can do and now in the 2ww.

I am so hoping for a BFP this month and hoping to see many here too.

If I do fall this month it will make due date 4th nov although I cannot go over 38 weeks so it'll make me due the 21st Oct and DS birthday is the 23rd Oct. My brothers birthday was the day before mine and it never bothered me.

I know what I am like and will most likely test from 10DPO so that is the 21st Feb

Hope you are all doing well and hope to see many BFP this month

Baby Dust  wub.gif

#5 cbmum

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

Hi everyone! Im back. Sadly it's seems I've had a missed miscarriage. I'm really sad for something that was never meant to be. Anyone had this experience before?? Anyway, I'm hoping your positivity will keep me focused on the prize.
Some bfp's will surely cheer me up.

#6 3'sACharm

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

cbmum Oh sweetie i'm so sorry!! Sending positive vibes and  bbighug.gif  hands.gif

#7 ~Peaches~

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

Oh cbmum I'm so so sorry to hear that sad.gif Sending you massive hugs hhugs.gif

I had a miscarriage with my first pregnancy, I had a tiny bit of spotting when I was 8 weeks and after dr's appts and a trip to emergency after more bleeding at 2am one morning at 8.5 weeks I finally had a scan and found out our little bub had stopped growing at 6 weeks. I was devastated after TTC for months to have it end like that sad.gif
It's certainly an emotional journey, make sure you take as much time out for yourself as you need wub.gif hhugs.gif Even when it's just a few weeks in we still have thoughts and hopes and dreams about our little bubs right from the moment we get that positive test, so look after yourself lovely mummy. Big hugs to you xox

#8 ~Peaches~

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

Good luck for this month bunbaker Fingers crossed for you this is your lucky cycle original.gif

Mo2k I know what you mean, this TTC business can certainly make you crazy! Hoping your new relaxed approach will bring you a surprise BFP asap happy.gif

Hi 3'sACharm waves.gif

Hope everyone is well x

#9 ~Perplexity~

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

Oh Cbmum i am sorry.

I had a miscarriage with my first pregnancy and ended up needing a d&c, it was unplanned at that stage but even still it took me quite some time to come to terms with it.  Please take it easy.   bbighug.gif

#10 cbmum

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

Oh thanks girls hheart.gif I've never had any probs so even when I bled a little I didn't really think there was going to be anything wrong sad.gif . I'm going to see my ob today so hopefully I'll get some more answers. Hubby's away through all of this so pretty grim times with cramps and bleeding. Just want it done now.
Really helps to know other people have gone through it and gone on to have healthy bubs. I was thinking maybe someone's telling us we're done??? But maybe there's a new bub around the corner yyes.gif that will make this all worthwhile.
Whose next to test???

#11 3'sACharm

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

hhugs.gif  cbmum

AF has left the building and i'm due to O this time next week (while i'm on holiday) so getting excited...I'm finally officially TTC  eexcite.gif

Hope everyone is going okay!! Who is to test next?? I will be stalking as usual  laughing2.gif

#12 ~Peaches~

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

Sorry to hear DH is away at the moment cbmum ddown.gif , I hope you've got someone there who can give you a hand and keep you company if you need it wub.gif Sending lots of hugs your way hhugs.gif And I have all faith you will have your 3rd little bub to join your family so soon, they say 1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage, so it is quite common, doesn't make it much easier to deal with though sad.gif I didn't realise just how many people went through it till I opened up about my own miscarriage, and learnt quite a few of my friends had experienced the same thing at some stage, as well as my MIL and SIL, yet no one had ever spoken about it before. It certainly made me a lot more wary and cautious when pregnant again sad.gif But it also made me value and treasure just how lucky I was to then have DD1 and DD2 wub.gif
I hope your appt with your OB gives you more answers and things happen naturally and soon for you lovely. And I really hope it's not long till your healthy little bub is on the way xx

Very exciting you're finally TTC for real now 3'sACharm woohoo! Good luck for next week, so awesome you'll be on holidays at O time, I'm sure all that relaxing and having fun will do wonders for your baby making hehe biggrin.gif Good luck!

Hi to everyone!

AFM: 8dpo today, it's actually going quite quickly this month! Still feeling very 'nothing' and not obsessing, have zero 'symptoms' so I guess that helps not to obsess too much and not test early lol. Not feeling very hopeful at all, but I guess it's never over till AF shows up huh?! I'll be testing around the 18th, so next monday. Hope everyone is having a nice day x

#13 courtney-b

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

I am so sorry cbmum. I hope your DH comes home soon or is there as a comforting ear on the phone.

Good luck for the 18th Peaches. I am due to O on the 20th, managed to shift my work trip back a day so DH gets home on the 18th and I leave on the 19th. Here is to hoping that our one night, two days before O does the trick! We are hoping for a girl this time (though not really that fussed) and BDing a couple of days before is supposed to help that cause. We will see!

I am starting to realise that I will have to slow everything down a bit if number three materialises. Do any of you other lovely ladies work? Things are so flexible for me which is great. We will be leaving here towards the end of the year so I am hoping this coincides with a new baby and I can just take me time settling into a new place and not rush back into work etc. I usually start to get itchy feet around the 12-15 month mark.

Courtney

#14 cbmum

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

Peaches- 8 dpo wow! Not long to wait now. Glad to hear the obsessionlessens with each month, don't think I could take months of am I preggo? are my boobs bigger?? is that ligament stretching? no its not, yes it is, is it????? blink.gif Thank you for all your kind words. I know what you mean. The few people I have confided in all have sad stories of miscarriage and loss. I was so naive before. Anyway thank you for the love. You're right about it making me appreciate my two littlies. My beautiful 2 year old daughter has been my rock. Checking on me, striking my hair. Poor thing ended up being with me for a trasvaginal ultrasound. She's calling out, 'what that lady do to your boccom' (bottom) 'mummy, put your knickers back on!' Bless her wub.gif
3s a charm- yay! So wedding timing all good now?!
Courtneyb - timings tight hey?! Hope it's just perfect
Perplexity- thanks Hun for your kind words and understanding. I'm sorry you had to go through a miscarriage too. It's really a roller coaster hey?!!
Where is Valhalla ? She still around?

#15 3'sACharm

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:00 AM

cry1.gif Didn't think I would write a post like this as I have been hoping for this moment for months but I think i'm having second thoughts about this whole ttc #3....I think i'm scared of the unknown...what should I do?? O day is coming up and if I let it come and go will I regret it? Ohh I just don't know what to do!!!  sad.gif

#16 cbmum

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

3sacharm you were so excited! What's making you think twice. I kinda think if you're thinking about it at all, you're probably keen ohmy.gif . Are you getting cold feet or are you just nervous as your time is nearly here??
Maybe wait another month unsure.gif

#17 courtney-b

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

I totally get it 3'sACharm. I am a bit bipolar on the whole thing as well. DH has been away so much with work lately and I wonder how I will cope with three on my own. The days are so fun and I LOVE playing with my children and watching them play with each other and in moments like that I imagine another little person running into the mix and it all makes sense. Then comes bedtime....and three hours into the whole ordeal I wonder what the hell I am thinking even contemplating another!

What I know is that those difficult moments are the minority. Those early years in the scheme of things are so few. In the end, when I really think about it, I can't imagine myself looking back and regretting it. I guess you need to ask yourself the same thing. I am not a believer in the saying 'you never regret the children you have' because I think sometimes that is an entirely rational thought. However, I know in myself the moments that I think 'our family is so perfect' will outweigh those difficult times...Maybe not in the first six months  biggrin.gif

Listen to your heart. Everyone gets cold feet. The reality is that whatever you choose you will be happy. Your family is obviously so wonderful that you have considered another baby. They are going to be wonderful with or without a baby brother or sister. Good luck deciding xx

#18 valhalla007

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

hi Ladies, Its me Valhalla Im back!  sorry I have been so MIA.  First weeks of school, work, etc its all been really busy and then I didn't know there was a new thread!  I have just been reading back over the posts so much is happening with us all.

CBMum,  hhugs.gif aaawww lovely, I know this is belated, I just really wanted to say I am so sorry about the mc, I hope dh gets back soon, (if he's not already) .  
Hubby's away through all of this so pretty grim times with cramps and bleeding. Just want it done now.
Really helps to know other people have gone through it and gone on to have healthy bubs. I was thinking maybe someone's telling us we're done??? But maybe there's a new bub around the corner  that will make this all worthwhile.
  CBMum, DEFINITELY a new bub just around the corner.  Please look after yourself. PS your 2yr old does sound like a rock how beautiful, looking out for you, be really proud of her.

Peaches  bbighug.gif in the 2WW already, this year is flying by, I'll be stalking tomorrow, FX

3saCharm, aaaawwww bbighug.gif I totally get the rethinking this decision, its a big one, I hope you have been able to find a way move forward with it.  Not that this in any shape or form applies to you, but it is my thinking on things, (and also the voice of older eggs) this really intensive time  with toddlers passes and your memory about it fades a bit!  But as my little ds has got older my desire for a new little person to join our little family has really got stronger.  I just wish for me I had followed my heart earlier.  Whichever way you ultimately go and it isn't set in stone, I hope you find peace with your decision.

Courteney-b
I am starting to realise that I will have to slow everything down a bit if number three materialises. Do any of you other lovely ladies work? Things are so flexible for me which is great. We will be leaving here towards the end of the year so I am hoping this coincides with a new baby and I can just take me time settling into a new place and not rush back into work etc. I usually start to get itchy feet around the 12-15 month mark.

Courteney I hear you about the slowing down and the itchy feet after 12-15 months, I work, I have been 4 days per week for the last 2 years but just this year have suddenly cut back to 2 days!!  Im just training up a new person for my old role and Im moving into a completely different role in marketing.  Its a bit daunting as Im such a green horn at that stuff, but it will be so great to learn some new perspectives on the business and Im so excited to be able to slow down a bit on days and be able to just take ds to school and not have to stress about before and after school.  It must be great having flexibility with your work it must take so much stress out of decision making.  FX this is your cycle and you catch that golden egg, I will be stalking for testing.....

Mo2k
Thought I'd pop by and say "hi!". Thought I may have been pregnant there for a while but no, just irregular periods! Still wanting #3 but have decided that what will be will be..... Need to stop charting etc it is sending me loopy!

Sorry Mo2k but maybe this will be your lucky cycle hands.gif I find I go abit "loopy" too but I think its my cycle not the charting!

Bunbaker long cycles and delayed O are hideous it just makes the whole process take so long.  Hope dh had a great birthday and so glad you managed to do the dance at the right time!  Hope your O's arent always so painful.

Perplexity   waves.gif hope all is going well.

Where is Valhalla ? She still around?
Im back!! Been missing all of you, you are all so lovely and positive it is really good to be able to come in here and talk naturally about so much stuff that I just cannot reveal irl at this stage.  You are all really supportive and helpful with information and experiene, it stops me going crazy with the charting and ttcing stuff.

AFM had a bit of a dud cycle, I got two really clear OPKs about cd13 and cd15 but no temp shift, FF put in CH's but then removed them.  am thinking my trip to the horrible ob put my uterus out of action this month due to a horrible very rough test she did to test my cells in the lining.  I think the roughness of this test, meant my body just didn't O or if it Od I was bleeding and it didn't do what it needed to do.  Was feeling terrible as I had had the "one big follicle" just before I was supposed to O, so feel as if this, if it did in fact, hatch (!!) was wasted.  I have to have faith it wasnt my last egg.  Anyway just really pleased and feeling good and positive about my new cycle.  And also feeling good that my last cycle was only 28 days long YYAAAAY!!!! Only a small positive but still something good.

Wishing everyone a happy sunday.
hheart.gif

#19 willsmumsos

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

CB Mum sending you a whole lot of healing vibes. I am so sorry for your loss. Let yourself mourn. I hope DH is home to comfort you soon. Take care.

I m/c in July last year after a totally surprise pregnancy - I think mine would be a termed a missed miscarriage too as I thought I had a normal period but then a week later I tested positive and then came more bleeding and cramping. I ended up in hospital for 2 nights for fear of ectopic but my scans showed nothing at all in the uterus. It was the worst time in my life. Ever since then I have obsessed over whether we are meant to have 3 children. You can't help wondering why? My due date would have been the 8 March and I'm taking the day off.

No idea what's happening with us. I've decided to ask DH tonight what he wants once and for all because I can't take anymore of the secret TTC! I think he knows exactly what's going on (why else would I be so adamant on DTD three nights in a row two weeks after my period!) but he's playing ignorant and enjoying it without actually thinking I'll fall pregnant. I am fairly certain my MC last year screwed up my cycle and add pelvic inflammatory disease, endo and age and I think I've lost my chances. I used to be very fertile (got pg with both kids by just looking at DH and fell pg with MC bub when actively trying NOT to!) but after 7 months of TTC I think it's my body telling me I'm done. 3 of my very close friends are expecting this year and I'm so sad I won't be joining them but think it's time to accept what is and move on. I'm applying for a new job and I'm going to try to join a few clubs and things to distract me!

3sacharm - sorry you're having a hard time deciding. Could it be hormones? I find I am 100% I want number 3 for about 3 weeks of the month and the other week I am freaking out about how I'd cope and whether it'd change our family dynamic in a negative way. I do believe you can regret things you don't do but that you don't regret those you do do - if that makes sense?

Corteney - yep I work 4 days a week and have always worked from when the kids are about 9 months. I wish I had waited longer to return to work because now that number 3 is looking so unlikely I wish I'd spent more time appreciating my babies but I had PND and needed work as a break from my messed up mindset:(

Hi everyone else - good luck to the almost testers and those trying to make hard decisions.

#20 valhalla007

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

Hi Willsmumsos So sorry I left you out of my last post it was accidental, I've been wondering how you've been going with it all, I've been out for a while apologies! ssorry.gif
No idea what's happening with us. I've decided to ask DH tonight what he wants once and for all because I can't take anymore of the secret TTC! I think he knows exactly what's going on (why else would I be so adamant on DTD three nights in a row two weeks after my period!) but he's playing ignorant and enjoying it without actually thinking I'll fall pregnant. I am fairly certain my MC last year screwed up my cycle and add pelvic inflammatory disease, endo and age and I think I've lost my chances. I used to be very fertile (got pg with both kids by just looking at DH and fell pg with MC bub when actively trying NOT to!) but after 7 months of TTC I think it's my body telling me I'm done. 3 of my very close friends are expecting this year and I'm so sad I won't be joining them but think it's time to accept what is and move on. I'm applying for a new job and I'm going to try to join a few clubs and things to distract me!

I so hear you on all of this, well done with all the great positive steps to move forward.  Good luck with the new job.  Also good luck with DH, men can be so slow with ttc.  Im in my 8th or is it 9th cycle, I started actively trying last August.  But only started charting in October.  When you've never had trouble falling pg before its such a shock when it doesn't just happen.  My FX for you for this cycle and also hoping you and dh come to a decision about which way to go.

hhugs.gif

#21 ~Peaches~

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

Hi lovely ladies waves.gif

Just wanted to pop in and let you know I caved a day early and tested today blush.gif
And I got a beautiful BFP oomg.gif Wasn't expecting that!

So very happy and excited, and nervous too of course happy.gif I hope it's ok if I hang around just a tiny bit longer and make sure it's really real, AF isn't due till wed and I'm scared she's going to show up and ruin the fun lol.
Sorry for no personals, we've had a massive day but I just wanted to pop in and let you all know original.gif
Hope you've all had a great weekend xx

#22 3'sACharm

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

ohmy.gif  ddance.gif OMG!!! ~Peaches~ CONGRATULATIONS!!! Here is hoping for a sticky healthy bubs!!! Wow how exciting!!! Congratulations again!!!

Hi to everyone else....will come back in a little bit and do personals but just wanted to say congrats to Peaches  original.gif

#23 cbmum

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

Peaches!!!!!! ohmy.gif How wonderful. Congratulations to you and hubby. May it be smooth and drama free.
Has it sunk in??? Such great news eexcite.gif

#24 Gone-Country

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

Hi ladies,

I'm invading! I was one of the original members of this group back when it started what feels like eons ago! (DS is now three!) Anyway, I was in Recent Topics, this thread was near the top and thought I would have a look.  Have to say that deciding to have #3 was by far one of the best things we have ever done. DS totally completed our family. No regrets what so ever.

Anyway, weirdo me just wanted to pop in, say hi, good luck, congrats to Peaches! How exciting!

Ok, disappearing as quick as I arrived. original.gif

Lisa

#25 cbmum

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

Cowboy boots thanks for popping by. There's a lot of tooing and froing in this group , should i shouldnt I?? but I think we all know we wouldn't be here unless we felt like it was a good idea original.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'Tired' mum dies of undiagnosed diabetes

New mum Nicky Rigby thought her exhaustion was due to the demands of looking after her baby. But the 26-year-old was seriously ill with diabetes, and died due to her condition not being diagnosed.

20 signs of a great relationship

The secret to a perfect relationship is admitting you are wrong after an argument, five kisses a day and sex twice a week, a new survey suggests.

Video: emotional 60-second Robin Williams tribute

Take a minute to remember some of the greatest films of your childhood ... and have a few tissues close at hand.

The realities of escaping domestic violence

?Why doesn?t she just leave?? is the common question people ask when trying to understand domestic violence. For many, leaving the relationship is far from straightforward.

Home truths: the DIY dos and don'ts

A professional renovator gives advice on which jobs you should do yourself, and which you should outsource.

Parenting lessons I?ve yet to learn

Instead of writing about the stuff I do know since becoming a mum, I thought I'd share some of the things I don't. These are the lessons that motherhood hasn't taught me.

Will I be wrecked 'down there' after birth?

Did you worry about how you would look "down there" after giving birth? This mum-to-be found plenty of women willing to share their knowledge.

The new weekend playgroup for working mums

Playgroups are great for kids and parents alike - but the downside is that they often meet during the week, leaving working mums out of the loop.

Letting your toddler be the boss at bedtime

Sick of spending hours trying to get your toddler to sleep? These experts say giving your child more of a say at bedtime might be the answer.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

Consulting 'Dr Google' when you're pregnant

We're all guilty of turning to the internet for a quick answer when we need medical advice, but Dr Google should be approached with caution - especially when you're pregnant.

16 ways to tie a scarf

Scarfs are the perfect winter accessory. Whether you're freezing at soccer training or wanting to add a splash of colour to a monochrome top, the right scarf will sort you out in no time. Just ask Nina Proudman.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

The simple way to support other parents

We may be raising children of different ages and sexes, with different personalities, but we, as parents, aren't that different - we all have similar struggles, fears, doubts, responsibilities.

Seeing the big picture when it comes to parenting

Sometimes it feels like hundreds of tiny cracks are spreading across the surface of our lives, creeping slowly into the foundations and threatening to make them crumble. How do we hold it all together?

How to spot a lactaboobiephobia sufferer

Lactation consultant Meg Nagle refused to stay silent when Facebook removed two photos of her breastfeeding. Instead, she coined a term to describe those who don't recognise breastfeeding for the natural and non-sexual act that it is.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Do you suffer from Precious Firstborn Syndrome?

Testing ?no more tears? shampoo in your own eyes, warming cucumber sticks so they're not cold straight from the fridge, waking a sleeping baby to check they?re still breathing: these are all symptoms of Precious Firstborn Syndrome.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

Mums hit hardest as flu cases skyrocket

The number of confirmed cases of influenza in Australia has doubled the number for the same time last year - and women are 25 per cent more likely to get it.

The mum who had four babies in nine months

Feeling exhausted due to the demands of caring for a baby? Imagine the life of this mum, who gave birth to three boys and one girl in just nine months.

Everything baby at Big W

Lowest prices on everything baby, only at Big W. Sale starts August 4 and ends August 20 2014.

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

Mum gives birth at school

Chinese manufacturers tap into the cute factor with tree-grown babies.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.