Rex?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 kylielouise

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:56 AM

So ladies DH had said he liked both the boys names I did before I was pregnant. Now that I am he mentions he doesn't like either and was humouring me!! These are names we cannot have, josh, harry, Edward, jack, Dan, Ned, anything with m as it clashes terribly with our one syllable surname. Flynn and Quinn both rhyme with surname as well.

DH loves
Hunter
Fox
Parker
Randall
Walter
I kid you not he suggested Hunter Fox M_ _ _ _! He couldn't understand why I said NO!!

I love
Mac
Samuel
Owen
Luke
Fletcher
Rory
Tait

I am also a teacher so many I wouldn't consider

The only name we both like but I don't love is Rex. This isn't the name but please can you give me suggestions!

#2 la di dah

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

The only one of your DH's names I like is Fox.

Of yours I like Mac, Samuel, Owen, and Luke.

I'm fond of Rex but I'm a big fan of writer Rex Stout.

Other ideas:
Heath
Henry
Saul
Finn + Finnian, Fintan, etc.
Rhett and Rhys
Archer
August
Rowan/Ronan
Reuben
Samson, Simon

EDIT: I meant to put in Micah and didn't so let's act like I always did.

Edited by la di dah, 11 February 2013 - 07:10 AM.

#3 elmo_mum

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

rex is for naming dogs

#4 B.feral3

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:14 AM

I dislike all of your DH's list.

I like Samuel, Luke and Fletcher from your list. (Love Luke.)

I don't think Rex would ever grow on me.

#5 BeachedAsBro

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:16 AM

Rex Banner is the policeman Springfield Police Department brought in to catch The Beer Baron.

#6 LemonPie

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:19 AM

I have a friend by the name of Rex, as soon as he was of age to he changed his name by deed poll.

Fox reminds me of Fox handle bars for bmxing...

Both your choice at the end of the day though, so if you like a name you have picked or both like then you've both already made a decision.

#7 NSG

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:32 AM

I like Owen, Luke and Rory.

I am really not a fan of Rex, it makes me think of a really big dog. Sorry!

#8 CountryFeral

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:35 AM

I knew a Rex and I know a Randal.

Both the most manly of all men.

I love Ranulph too... can be shortened to Rafe (in my mind anyway!)

#9 kylielouise

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:35 AM

La Di Dah- i also love Henry from your list but thats the ladrador next door!, the rest are NMS but thanks for the attempt.

Rex is not the name Ladies but was trying to show you how difficult it is to get him to agree to anything. Relax i wouldn't do it to the poor little monkey.

Lucy and Tess are our two girl names and he likes both of these.

By a broad definition i believe my list is non offensive and easy to blend in. No obvious teasing that i can forsee. DH on the otherhand...Randall, in Australia?? I mean really... Fox is not a first name IMO either. Its an animal.

Please help me...

#10 FeralProudSwahili

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:00 AM

Rex is awesome for a dog. Randall is not much better.

#11 Romy 1610

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

Love Owen and Luke

#12 Ingrid the Swan

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

It seems your DH likes names with an X, so how about some of the more common ones like Max, Alex (or Alexander), Pax, Dexter, Baxter or Dax?

I can handle Parker but none other from his list - can understand why you find Hunter Fox amusing! Actually sounds like he likes occupation names too - so Fletcher, Chandler etc (I've had a complete mental blank on these as they're pretty much all NMS - anyone else care to help?)

#13 kerilyntaryn

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

Hunter - not fussed on
Fox - don't like
Parker - don't really like
Randall - ok
Walter - don't really like

Mac - not sure this would go with a M one syl surname - what about MacAuley
Samuel - love it
Owen - nice
Luke - great
Fletcher - ok
Rory - ok
Tait - not keen on

wow Hunter Fox - he's got to be kidding

Rex - ok

others

Samson
Evan
Ewan
Gavin
Grant
Todd
Elliott
Oliver
Henry
Stewart
Aaron
Adam
Benjamin
Anthony
Thomas
Timothy
Zachary
Alexander
Nicholas
Nathaniel
Caleb
David
Ethan
Levi
Reuben
Peter
Paul
Phillip
Simeon
Silas
Seth
Lewis - close to your mn?
Kyle - close to your fn?  maybe as middle

Edited by kerilyntaryn, 11 February 2013 - 09:18 AM.

#14 lucky 2

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

Rex is a male name that has been used for dogs.
I know a boy Rex. It is unusual though.
Rex Harrison is only other Rex I know (I'm old), suited him just fine.

#15 MamaMac83

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

Our sons name is Rex and he is in fact a human, not a dog wink.gif He wears the name very well!

#16 TheGreenSheep

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

I saw Rex and all I could think of was the Antz Pantz ad, 'sick 'em Rex', or the controversial AFL player and commentator.

Dont like your DHs list, Hunter is so-so.

I like all the names on your list, very nice boy/man names!

#17 Peppery

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:47 AM

One of my father's closest friends is called Rex. My dad calls him 'Rex the Wonder Dog'. They are in their sixties and my dad has referred to him as this ever since i can remember.

I can't get past the dog reference.

#18 baddmammajamma

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

I would go with RHETT. It has that Rex-like vibe without the canine connections.

#19 baddmammajamma

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

I would go with RHETT. It has that Rex-like vibe without the canine connections. I love Rex, by the way.

#20 Princess.cranky.pants

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

From the list I like-
Samuel
Owen
Luke

Sorry dislike Rex. It's a dogs name.. not helped that I know two dogs called Rex!

#21 Gudrun

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

That's quite a variety of names in both your lists so a solution can't be too far away original.gif

Ross
Tex
Lex
Kes
Kep
Lincoln
Alfred
Toby
Sean
Eamon
Connor
Paxton

#22 Gudrun

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

DP

Edited by Gudrun, 11 February 2013 - 12:04 PM.

#23 3Pirates

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

Hunter for me!!

Love DH's list except for Walter, I think your list is a little boring wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'Tired' mum dies of undiagnosed diabetes

New mum Nicky Rigby thought her exhaustion was due to the demands of looking after her baby. But the 26-year-old was seriously ill with diabetes, and died due to her condition not being diagnosed.

20 signs of a great relationship

The secret to a perfect relationship is admitting you are wrong after an argument, five kisses a day and sex twice a week, a new survey suggests.

Video: emotional 60-second Robin Williams tribute

Take a minute to remember some of the greatest films of your childhood ... and have a few tissues close at hand.

The realities of escaping domestic violence

?Why doesn?t she just leave?? is the common question people ask when trying to understand domestic violence. For many, leaving the relationship is far from straightforward.

Home truths: the DIY dos and don'ts

A professional renovator gives advice on which jobs you should do yourself, and which you should outsource.

Parenting lessons I?ve yet to learn

Instead of writing about the stuff I do know since becoming a mum, I thought I'd share some of the things I don't. These are the lessons that motherhood hasn't taught me.

Will I be wrecked 'down there' after birth?

Did you worry about how you would look "down there" after giving birth? This mum-to-be found plenty of women willing to share their knowledge.

The new weekend playgroup for working mums

Playgroups are great for kids and parents alike - but the downside is that they often meet during the week, leaving working mums out of the loop.

Letting your toddler be the boss at bedtime

Sick of spending hours trying to get your toddler to sleep? These experts say giving your child more of a say at bedtime might be the answer.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

Consulting 'Dr Google' when you're pregnant

We're all guilty of turning to the internet for a quick answer when we need medical advice, but Dr Google should be approached with caution - especially when you're pregnant.

16 ways to tie a scarf

Scarfs are the perfect winter accessory. Whether you're freezing at soccer training or wanting to add a splash of colour to a monochrome top, the right scarf will sort you out in no time. Just ask Nina Proudman.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

The simple way to support other parents

We may be raising children of different ages and sexes, with different personalities, but we, as parents, aren't that different - we all have similar struggles, fears, doubts, responsibilities.

Seeing the big picture when it comes to parenting

Sometimes it feels like hundreds of tiny cracks are spreading across the surface of our lives, creeping slowly into the foundations and threatening to make them crumble. How do we hold it all together?

How to spot a lactaboobiephobia sufferer

Lactation consultant Meg Nagle refused to stay silent when Facebook removed two photos of her breastfeeding. Instead, she coined a term to describe those who don't recognise breastfeeding for the natural and non-sexual act that it is.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Do you suffer from Precious Firstborn Syndrome?

Testing ?no more tears? shampoo in your own eyes, warming cucumber sticks so they're not cold straight from the fridge, waking a sleeping baby to check they?re still breathing: these are all symptoms of Precious Firstborn Syndrome.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

Mums hit hardest as flu cases skyrocket

The number of confirmed cases of influenza in Australia has doubled the number for the same time last year - and women are 25 per cent more likely to get it.

The mum who had four babies in nine months

Feeling exhausted due to the demands of caring for a baby? Imagine the life of this mum, who gave birth to three boys and one girl in just nine months.

Everything baby at Big W

Lowest prices on everything baby, only at Big W. Sale starts August 4 and ends August 20 2014.

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

Mum gives birth at school

Most kids have their own personal brand of oddity. Others, like these 10 weird habits, crop up again and again.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.