The dreaded TWW?!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 SarzMH

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

The Two Week wait ....???!!!!!
How many of you have taken the test everyday just to see if you are expecting?
I am so tempted ....
It's complete & utter toture sad.gif

#2 ~Faye~

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

I hear you sad.gif I hate it lol today is AF day for me though, but still no sign.......I don't like my chances though yesterday I was crampy all day but today nothing so will see what happens.

#3 SarzMH

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

Good Luck!!!
I can't test for another 8 days sad.gif
I am reading into every single 'hint' my body is giving me regarding pregnancy.  I have been nausea for the last 3 nights, I have increases cervical mucus (sorry, TMI!) ...
Fingers crossed for good news original.gif)

#4 lis782

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

hi there,

i agree the TWW is torture! with my 1st pregnancy i had 24 TWW's,

this time round we have only been trying for 3 months so far, and this month has been the worst for the TWW, like you im noticing lots of little things, some are unmistakable while others i cant help but wonder if its in my head

and also like you i so want to do a test but i know if i do and its a BFN ill just think oh its to early to tell so i'm trying very hard to keep busy and not give in to the temptation
i guess time will tell,

good luck to you hopefully this is our month

lisa

#5 ~Faye~

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

Well today was AF day and nothing yet, and I always wake up on AF day and it is here but nothing and today is nearly over so this is unusal for me, but I was sure on Friday AF would arrive as I was crampy all day but today nothing no cramps at all nothing, but I don't 'feel' like I am preg either so I have no idea what is going on....maybe AF is just running late this month?

#6 IamAuntyA

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

oh if only it didn't exist...

AF was due today and tonight I've had light cramps, but have also have 'early pregnancy symtoms' the past week like really bad cramps for a couple of days at about 10 DPO, needing to go to the ladies room all the time, and no sign of AF showing up until the cramps tonight (I usually get bad cramps about 2 or 3 days before it shows) and weird things like not being able to get to sleep of a night but I'm so tired ggrrr

knowing my luck its all probably in my head but trying to stay positive, so hopefully I get my BFP this month.
I hope the same for all you other ladies original.gif

#7 SarzMH

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:35 AM

I know what you mean ...
I have servere bloating,  extra cervical mucus, and every night I feel slightly nausea ... I don't want to get my hopes up, but can't help but too!
As I am new to this what does AF & BFP abbreviate from?
Good luck & hopefully the rest is a positive one original.gif

#8 MayBenno

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

Naw the horrible TWW!

I was doing so well this month at not spending a crazy amount of time on the internet reading about early symptoms (which i do every month i'm not sure what it is i'm still looking for lol) but on 10DPO (Fri) I went in for a blood test and was told my progesterone was 46 and I don't need to go on progesterone support, which is the first time I haven't needed to be medicated in the last year of tracking cycles- so i have POAS both Sat and today even though I know it is too early - both BFN!

I get a PT done with my bloods tomorrow- have my fingers crossed for everyone!!

BABY DUST TO ALL!

#9 MummyLyss

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (SarzMH @ 10/02/2013, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know what you mean ...
I have servere bloating,  extra cervical mucus, and every night I feel slightly nausea ... I don't want to get my hopes up, but can't help but too!
As I am new to this what does AF & BFP abbreviate from?
Good luck & hopefully the rest is a positive one original.gif

AF means Aunt Flo (period/menstruation) (see also: George and/or That Evil Thing)
BFP means Big Fat Positive (positive home pregnancy test)
I remember seeing a list somewhere in the TTC Forum... Don't worry you'll pick up the lingo pretty quickly original.gif

#10 Zachary Quack

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

I am now TTC after Implanon removal (and keeping it highly secret from the real world!). It's my first 'real' cycle - I had a weird, pseudo-period 2 weeks after removing Implanon and then a proper one 4 weeks after that, although I wasn't really timing sex in that first month.
I am about 6dpo - I get pretty definitive physical signs of ovulation, but I haven't been temping or using OPKs so it's still pretty much a guess.
My nipples are KILLING me and my already-giant E-cups are feeling heavy. For once I am more comfortable without a bra on! The other thing that is making me hopeful is that my low-grade nausea from the last couple of days has developed into a much higher grade nausea. No actual vomiting yet but it's a close call!

I'm the type to get very obsessive and researchy so I'm glad there is a place to vent my thoughts - the DP was a surprise baby himself so he is not at all convinced that it can be hard to conceive!

Good luck to all.

#11 Jaymic

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

Well... I'm now officialy in the 2WW.... 2nd round for bubba No2. With 1st bubba we got lucky 2nd month trying.... this is our 2nd month trying for No 2.. so fingers crossed!! I have got a long wait ahead.. (yes, yes I know, it's only 2weeks - but it feels like forever!!) Last month I could have sworn I was preggers nausea, lightedheadedness and just feeling 'off'. I peed and peed and peed on lot's of sticks, alas it wasn't to be (it took about a billion POAS to convince me - I just couldn't believe I was feeling trashy for no reason!!)... So I have sworn to myself that I will not POAS (even though I have about 6 in the bathroom cupboard) until I think I am due for AF  or 12 dpo. I keep a diary so I will note down any IPS (or EPS) symptoms as they occur.

Nobubyet, It is good to have place to express yourself outside of the 'real' world, especially in a place where we are all in a similar situation.

Good luck to everyone out there trying and waiting!!

#12 Lilymag

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

This is my first ever 2WW and I'm only 1 dpo... Still so long to wait! Lol
I don't know what to think, I swing between getting excited that I might have a fertilised egg making its way to my uterus, and thinking that I have no idea what I'm doing and probably timed it all wrong and can't possibly fall pg first go  
I have to stop looking up EPS, that's for sure. I'm likely to convince myself I have them when it's far too early to have even implanted anyway.
It's like Christmas as a kid - I have waited so long to get to the point of actively ttc, I'm just a bit too excited and bouncing off the walls. I'm sure if it's a BFN this time I'll calm down for future cycles wink.gif
Good luck to all who are 2WWing with me, I hope to read about your BFPs soon!

Edited by Lilymag, 18 February 2013 - 09:48 PM.

#13 Lilymag

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

Welcome R Maca - I'm new here too original.gif
I feel like your post could have been mine except you're a couple of cycles ahead of me! Must stop googling symptoms before a baby has had a chance to implant... lol

#14 Jaymic

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

Hi ladies,

Lilymag... it IS exciting!! .. and you CAN fall preggers first go!! lol... fingers crossed for you!! Like R.MACA, my advice is not to POAS stick too early.. lol.. It is addictive once you start! but also dissapointing if you get a BFN.

R.MACA.. I hope your cold is better... and this time will be 3rd time lucky for you! With my first pregnancy, I didn't POAS until my period was one day late, and even then I only had such a feint line that I couldn't believe it was really posative. I bet if I had POAS a couple of days earlier it would have been a BFN.. I hope you have your BFP very very soon!
Re your earlier post,  I don't know if its a symptom or not, but I have been drinking heaps of water today as well.. and going to the toilet a million times...

I'm currently 4 DPO... and yes like you both, addicted to researching EPS.. lol.. I am going to try my hardest to NOT poas until next Monday at the earliest..
I had crampy lower back pains today much like period pain.. I don't want to think too much on it because it wont take much to convince myself that every this and that is a symptom of pregnancy... I did that last month and was very disappointed when AF arrived (even though I knew it was going to come cos of all the BFNs!!)

Anyway, that's it from me for now... LOl.. I love hearing updates and news from people in the same 2WW!! Makes it a bit easier to wait when you have someone to share it with! rolleyes.gif

lol.. I have to say, DH asked how long before I know, I told him we had to wait 2 weeks and he rolled his eyes and groaned.."that long??" .. I laughed!! I WISH i could look inside my belly to see what was going on in there!!.. biggrin.gif

OK that's my essay!! "see ya" later!!.. good luck ladies!!

#15 Lilymag

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

Jaymic & Rmaca - you both make me feel so normal! I'm so glad I joined up here to share this experience with people who can understand. Out in the real world it's kind of crazy to talk about falling pg as often as we might like to!

Being only 2-3 dpo I know I'm only imagining little twinges here and there. I wasn't really sure about the timeline of what happens after the egg and the sperm hook up so I did some googling last night and found a calculator that tells me if it's going to implant it will do so between this Saturday and next Tuesday. So I'm trying to ignore my imagination until then.

I keep thinking I'm not lucky enough to fall pg first cycle so I decided to jinx myself today - booked an o/seas trip AND ordered opk's and hpt's online in bulk! Lol

Keep me posted, I'll be looking out for your 2WW results!

#16 Jaymic

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

I was just researching on the net about the eggs journey in 'DPO' terms a couple of days ago - it was really good, but for the life of me I can't find it again. I should have bookmarked it!!..

#17 Jaymic

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

R.MACA, there is still hope at least until AF arrives... (i hope it doesn't!!)... I'm counting the days until I POAS... I will wait until next Monday, by then I'll be 10dpo.. and then I'll probably POAS twice a day rolleyes.gif
As for symptoms.. So far all I really had was the lower bck pain / cramping like AF is due on 4 & 5 DPO.. now that has subsided and I don't feel anything else. I now know, that you can only start getting real symptoms after implantation.. so who knows... would still love a little window to see what was going on in there!! biggrin.gif

#18 SarzMH

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

Well, since writing this post; I am comforted to know that all woman dread that TWW ...
I just thought I would keep you ladies updated; after taking a pregnancy test everyday, I did a test this morning & it was POSITIVE!!!
Very happy to say the least!!!!
Baby dust to all Mumma's or Mumma's to be!!!

#19 Jaymic

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

SarzMH... That's fantastic news!! whoo whoo!!

How many DPO are you today?

#20 Lilymag

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE (Jaymic @ 21/02/2013, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for symptoms.. So far all I really had was the lower bck pain / cramping like AF is due on 4 & 5 DPO.. now that has subsided and I don't feel anything else. I now know, that you can only start getting real symptoms after implantation.. so who knows... would still love a little window to see what was going on in there!! biggrin.gif

Jaymic this is me to a T! I'm glad to know that these symptoms are real and I'm not imagining them. Doesn't mean we'll get BFPs but it's still reassuring to know I'm not inventing them out of wishful thinking. I'm 4-5dpo today and have had mild period cramps/twinges all day, some lower back pain in the afternoon, headache and I literally nearly fell asleep at my desk this afternoon! CM today was a bit thick/sticky, not sure if that means anything or it's just drying up post-O.

I think I have been googling too much about implantation because today I felt a random sharp twinge below and a little to the left of my belly button - something I might have felt a hundred times before but today I took it to mean something. Wishful thinking?!

At any rate I had a crazy dream last night that I POAS on one of those tests that tell you how far along you are, and my result was that I was TWO HOURS pregnant! Lol. So I definitely will stop googling implantation now.

Hope everyone's TWW isn't too torturous! Baby dust baby dust baby dust.

& Sarz - congratulations on your BFP!

#21 Jaymic

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

7DPO... and I'm not feeling anything.... unsure.gif ... only possible symptom is vivid dreams..

I hate waiting.....

#22 Jaymic

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

R.MACA.. how did your test go?

#23 Alli&Dean

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

Hi girls

Your topic title about the dreaded 2WW had me clicking to come in without delay...

I dont get to read or post often on EB and when I do, I tend to post in the TTC#2 Buddy Group - very nice bunch of ladies and very helpful when it comes to sharing stories and supporting each other.

I hope you dont mind me popping in here...  I am only 4DPO and it is torturous! I have had 6 months of mostly no ovulation at all (Im almost 38).  I have been working with a wonderful Naturopath who has helped to balance my ridiculous hormones to the point where I ovulated!  Yahoo!  Unfortunately, that was followed by an early miscarriage at the end of my last cycle.  I have endometriosis so the build up of scar tissue is an issue in terms of blockage and causing implantation to occur outside the uterus.  After the D&C my chances of falling are high because (I have read a lot about) the big clean out of a D&C can really assist endo sufferers to fall the very next month.  My SIL had both her two children this way.

So, this cycle has seen me pull off a textbook O (this is massive in my world) and then my temps spiked the way they should and have since stayed high.  Just gotta keep em there.  But yesterday I had strong yet dull period-like pain and sharp twinges toward my left ovary combined with some pink CM.  I cant call it spotting because it wasnt red or even dark brown, just pink.  Anyway, spotting stopped by this morning and my temps are still high so I am still hopeful. What a rollercaoster.  I dont want to get my hopes up after such a recent miscarriage but then the evidence is stacking up toward supporting my thoughts that I am in with a good chance!!!!

Arggghhh.  Thank you for letting me rant.  

R.MACA - did you get your results?????

Jaymic - absence of EPS doesnt mean anything... with my DS, I did not find out I was pregnant until weeks in because my periods had always been irregular.  I felt nothing (or I didnt know what to feel so I thought nothing of any of the presenting EPS)...  Fx for you x

Lilymag - I can relate to your EPS.  I know they are not meant to mean much pre implantation but I think we find comfort in looking for reason to keep hoping and especially in hearing we are not alone in all of this!  Here's hoping for a smooth easy wait until testing time... when are you testing?

SarzMH - what fabulous news and so encouraging for us still waiting.  Best wishes for you!

Happy Saturday all. Here's to us surviving yet another 2WW!  haha

bbighug.gif

#24 Lilymag

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (Alli&Dean @ 23/02/2013, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lilymag - I can relate to your EPS.  I know they are not meant to mean much pre implantation but I think we find comfort in looking for reason to keep hoping and especially in hearing we are not alone in all of this!  Here's hoping for a smooth easy wait until testing time... when are you testing?

Hi Alli original.gif I'm glad to hear you got a textbook O after 6 months of working on it! I have my fingers crossed for you!

My original plan was to test this coming Friday (2 days before AF) then I caved a little and thought I would do it on Wednesday because a friend of mine got a BFP 4 days early. But to my excitement I found a 5-7 day early HPT at Coles this morning so looks like I'll be trying tomorrow! Not really expecting a BFP to be honest, as this is my first cycle TTC I don't think I would be that lucky, and I don't feel anything like I would imagine being pg would feel.

I was diagnosed with insulin resistance last month - a big surprise which only came about because I went to the Dr wanting to know why I couldn't lose any weight at all. My AF have always been like clockwork, 28-30 days so my Dr isn't concerned about my fertility but I haven't had it tested. I think that plays on my mind a little, that I might have another problem (like PCOS) I don't know about YET.

I haven't felt any EPS since all the cramps and whatnot on 4 dpo, and at the moment I don't chart or check my temps. If I get a BFN this cycle I will definitely be charting from the next one.

When will you be testing?

Edited by Lilymag, 23 February 2013 - 01:14 PM.

#25 Jaymic

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

Hi gals,

RMACA... I caved too and BFN!!.. It's early yet, so I'm not going to test again until next weekend.. here's hoping i can hold out that long! I don't feel especially pregnant, so It's just a wait and see.  As long as AF hasn't shown up yet, then there is still hope! FX for you wink.gif It is hard when you have irregular periods. Before my DS was born I was clockwork 28 days, now I range from 23 to 31 days. I used OPKs for the first time this month in order to work out when I ovulated.

Hi Lilimag,
Firstly FX that this month is a BFP for you, but if if's not, don't wait too long before you chek things out if it's on your mind. I hate having niggly things in the back of my mind. It stresses me out too much, I'd rather just deal with it. Re insulin resistance, how do you treat it? To be truthful, I had never heard of that condition before.

Re symptoms, I don't have any.. sad.gif

Hi Alli,
Sorry to hear of your miscarrage, but the positive is that you can now detect when you are ovulating,  Best of luck with the 2ww.. It sounds very positive for you!!. FX for you.. I can't wait to hear of your BFP!! I tried charting but I have a 17 month old that gets me up randomly every night, so I can't take my temp at the sametime every morning. Thank goodness for OPKs!

Good night ladies.. "speak" soon!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Decluttering before Christmas: tips for managing the toy influx

Deciding how many toys you want to keep and enforcing a limit can help manage the sheer volume of playthings.

86-year-old taught himself to knit, now makes caps for premature babies

'Anything is possible if you put your mind to it' might just be the motto of 86 year-old retiree, Ed Moseley who despite his age and abilities has been gifting handmade knitted caps to premature babies.

Want healthy kids? Let them play in the mud, feed them allergenic foods - and get a dog

If you read about children's health, you've heard a lot of this before.

Photo captures mum's shock at delivery room surprise

Life can be full of surprises, but for this couple a surprise came in a very unexpected way.

Baby's family in law suit over RAAF base chemicals

A 10-month-old baby has been exposed to significant levels of toxic chemicals around a RAAF base near Newcastle, say his parents.

Childcare worker investigated after threatening toddler's mother

An early childhood teacher has been censured for serious misconduct after she threatened the mother of a young child.

Scottish baby names

Scotland, the wind and water-hewn land of the loch, the kilt and the heather. Bedecked in castles great and small, there are many Australians with Scottish heritage who could look to that fair country for baby name inspiration.

Do we need more parking spaces for parents?

The Give Me Space campaign is collecting stories from mums who have had difficult experiences while trying to find safe parking.

Gender neutral parenting: what it's really like

If you want to take a leaf out of Clare's book in gender neutral parenting, her advice is simple: "Follow the children's lead, and you can't go wrong."

The vital question no parent wants to think about

Since becoming a mother I sometimes wonder what would happen to my babies if their dad and I both died.

6 parents to stop judging right now

It's worth looking a little more closely at some common parenting missteps. Could it be these mums and dads are really just like you and me?

Ryan Reynolds shares delivery room tips for expectant dads

If your partner is heading to the delivery room any time soon, you've got to see Ryan Reynolds' video on dealing with the intricacies of the delivery room.

The trials and tribulations of teenage mums, 10 years later

Having her first baby at 16 was a shock for Simone Miller, but it's not something she regrets.

Grandma falls head over heels for baby - literally

Usually Valerie Sharp's plan to put her granddaughter into her cot works just fine, but when things go wrong it is hilarious.

My toddler wants all my attention all of the time - help!

This is a stage, and you and she will move through it. I can (almost) promise it.

Cotton On KIDS' cute new baby prewalker shoes

Oh watch out folks, Cotton On KIDS' baby range has just become even cuter with the release of its first ever prewalker shoe collection.

Why I love the superhero phase

My twins are heading towards three and have officially entered the superhero phase. It happened almost overnight.

I'm caught in a 'mumpetition' with my friend and I'm losing it

My best friend and I had children within a year of each other. She thinks her child is God's gift to the world.

A year of motherhood: my survival story

Motherhood burns you down, but it rebuilds you too.

Five traps to be aware of when reading IVF clinic websites

Clinics provide IVF success rates in often confusing ways because there is no agreed format on how this information should be presented.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

What pregnancy is really like: mums share their honest opinions

We asked real women what surprised them during their pregnancy. They've shared their experiences in the hope of preparing the rest of us better for the ride

The truth about big-headed babies

Research suggests that big headed babies become more intelligent than their smaller peers. One mum shares the positives and negatives of having a big headed baby.

How to encourage your baby's gross motor development skills

There are some everyday things that parents can do to improve gross motor skills and coordination.

'My baby's extra thumb saved her life'

A mum whose daughter was born with an extra thumb says that the extra digit saved her life.

He gave her his liver, she gave him her heart

Heather Krueger and Chris Dempsey's origin story began in a darker place than most: with stage 4 liver cancer.

Toilet training from birth? It is possible

This method, called elimination communication (EC or assisted infant toilet training), is becoming increasingly popular in the West.

Watch hilarious montage of strangest pregnancy questions on Yahoo Answers

Some of the strangest questions about pregnancy - and some of the most bizarre spelling - have made for a hilarious video.

How to reduce your chances of perineal tearing in birth

The use of heat packs, along with other aspects of clinical care, can reduce your risk of tearing in birth.

Baby Names

Unusual Celeb Baby Names

Click through the gallery to read the details and see some of the most memorable monikers in show biz families.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.