The dreaded TWW?!

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 SarzMH

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

The Two Week wait ....???!!!!!
How many of you have taken the test everyday just to see if you are expecting?
I am so tempted ....
It's complete & utter toture sad.gif

#2 ~Faye~

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

I hear you sad.gif I hate it lol today is AF day for me though, but still no sign.......I don't like my chances though yesterday I was crampy all day but today nothing so will see what happens.

#3 SarzMH

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

Good Luck!!!
I can't test for another 8 days sad.gif
I am reading into every single 'hint' my body is giving me regarding pregnancy.  I have been nausea for the last 3 nights, I have increases cervical mucus (sorry, TMI!) ...
Fingers crossed for good news original.gif)

#4 lis782

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

hi there,

i agree the TWW is torture! with my 1st pregnancy i had 24 TWW's,

this time round we have only been trying for 3 months so far, and this month has been the worst for the TWW, like you im noticing lots of little things, some are unmistakable while others i cant help but wonder if its in my head

and also like you i so want to do a test but i know if i do and its a BFN ill just think oh its to early to tell so i'm trying very hard to keep busy and not give in to the temptation
i guess time will tell,

good luck to you hopefully this is our month

lisa

#5 ~Faye~

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

Well today was AF day and nothing yet, and I always wake up on AF day and it is here but nothing and today is nearly over so this is unusal for me, but I was sure on Friday AF would arrive as I was crampy all day but today nothing no cramps at all nothing, but I don't 'feel' like I am preg either so I have no idea what is going on....maybe AF is just running late this month?

#6 IamAuntyA

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

oh if only it didn't exist...

AF was due today and tonight I've had light cramps, but have also have 'early pregnancy symtoms' the past week like really bad cramps for a couple of days at about 10 DPO, needing to go to the ladies room all the time, and no sign of AF showing up until the cramps tonight (I usually get bad cramps about 2 or 3 days before it shows) and weird things like not being able to get to sleep of a night but I'm so tired ggrrr

knowing my luck its all probably in my head but trying to stay positive, so hopefully I get my BFP this month.
I hope the same for all you other ladies original.gif

#7 SarzMH

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:35 AM

I know what you mean ...
I have servere bloating,  extra cervical mucus, and every night I feel slightly nausea ... I don't want to get my hopes up, but can't help but too!
As I am new to this what does AF & BFP abbreviate from?
Good luck & hopefully the rest is a positive one original.gif

#8 MayBenno

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

Naw the horrible TWW!

I was doing so well this month at not spending a crazy amount of time on the internet reading about early symptoms (which i do every month i'm not sure what it is i'm still looking for lol) but on 10DPO (Fri) I went in for a blood test and was told my progesterone was 46 and I don't need to go on progesterone support, which is the first time I haven't needed to be medicated in the last year of tracking cycles- so i have POAS both Sat and today even though I know it is too early - both BFN!

I get a PT done with my bloods tomorrow- have my fingers crossed for everyone!!

BABY DUST TO ALL!

#9 MummyLyss

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (SarzMH @ 10/02/2013, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know what you mean ...
I have servere bloating,  extra cervical mucus, and every night I feel slightly nausea ... I don't want to get my hopes up, but can't help but too!
As I am new to this what does AF & BFP abbreviate from?
Good luck & hopefully the rest is a positive one original.gif

AF means Aunt Flo (period/menstruation) (see also: George and/or That Evil Thing)
BFP means Big Fat Positive (positive home pregnancy test)
I remember seeing a list somewhere in the TTC Forum... Don't worry you'll pick up the lingo pretty quickly original.gif

#10 Zachary Quack

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

I am now TTC after Implanon removal (and keeping it highly secret from the real world!). It's my first 'real' cycle - I had a weird, pseudo-period 2 weeks after removing Implanon and then a proper one 4 weeks after that, although I wasn't really timing sex in that first month.
I am about 6dpo - I get pretty definitive physical signs of ovulation, but I haven't been temping or using OPKs so it's still pretty much a guess.
My nipples are KILLING me and my already-giant E-cups are feeling heavy. For once I am more comfortable without a bra on! The other thing that is making me hopeful is that my low-grade nausea from the last couple of days has developed into a much higher grade nausea. No actual vomiting yet but it's a close call!

I'm the type to get very obsessive and researchy so I'm glad there is a place to vent my thoughts - the DP was a surprise baby himself so he is not at all convinced that it can be hard to conceive!

Good luck to all.

#11 Jaymic

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

Well... I'm now officialy in the 2WW.... 2nd round for bubba No2. With 1st bubba we got lucky 2nd month trying.... this is our 2nd month trying for No 2.. so fingers crossed!! I have got a long wait ahead.. (yes, yes I know, it's only 2weeks - but it feels like forever!!) Last month I could have sworn I was preggers nausea, lightedheadedness and just feeling 'off'. I peed and peed and peed on lot's of sticks, alas it wasn't to be (it took about a billion POAS to convince me - I just couldn't believe I was feeling trashy for no reason!!)... So I have sworn to myself that I will not POAS (even though I have about 6 in the bathroom cupboard) until I think I am due for AF  or 12 dpo. I keep a diary so I will note down any IPS (or EPS) symptoms as they occur.

Nobubyet, It is good to have place to express yourself outside of the 'real' world, especially in a place where we are all in a similar situation.

Good luck to everyone out there trying and waiting!!

#12 Lilymag

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

This is my first ever 2WW and I'm only 1 dpo... Still so long to wait! Lol
I don't know what to think, I swing between getting excited that I might have a fertilised egg making its way to my uterus, and thinking that I have no idea what I'm doing and probably timed it all wrong and can't possibly fall pg first go  
I have to stop looking up EPS, that's for sure. I'm likely to convince myself I have them when it's far too early to have even implanted anyway.
It's like Christmas as a kid - I have waited so long to get to the point of actively ttc, I'm just a bit too excited and bouncing off the walls. I'm sure if it's a BFN this time I'll calm down for future cycles wink.gif
Good luck to all who are 2WWing with me, I hope to read about your BFPs soon!

Edited by Lilymag, 18 February 2013 - 09:48 PM.

#13 R.MACA

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (SarzMH @ 08/02/2013, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Two Week wait ....???!!!!!
How many of you have taken the test everyday just to see if you are expecting?
I am so tempted ....
It's complete & utter toture sad.gif

Hi all,
I am brand new to this website and the first time I have posted anything on a forum on the net (lol). I am driving myself INSANE and need to vent somehow!....this is our 3rd month of TTC #1. I'm not doing any charting (wouldn't know how to start) but have been DTD regularly. Anyways im digressing... I have become an internet early symptoms stalker and have already taken a ERT today with a BFN. AF is due on Friday evening (22/02). I am so impatient - these last few days I've been my own worst enemy testing once yesterday and once today, then getting disappointed with a BFN sad.gif. I think I need to lock up the tests and hand the key to hubbie to keep for me original.gif)

My advice, don't test early lol it will make you crazy....

I think im imagining my symptoms or at least making them fit to pregnancy as a cause lol... So far the weirdest symptom i've had is i have been really really really thirsty the last 3 days and have drunk like 2.5 litres of water a day (which is heaps for me - i usually only drink about 800ml) and some veins have appeared on my BB's.... oh yea to top things off feel like crap sad.gif think ive picked up a cold as well, coughing is annoying me I have a sore throat and generally feel yuck.

I feel better after the vent original.gif I swear I am not totally insane and last 2 months ive been good with the 2WW this month I don't know where its gone wrong sad.gif

Any advice would be greatly appreciated original.gif

#14 Lilymag

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

Welcome R Maca - I'm new here too original.gif
I feel like your post could have been mine except you're a couple of cycles ahead of me! Must stop googling symptoms before a baby has had a chance to implant... lol

#15 R.MACA

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (Lilymag @ 19/02/2013, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome R Maca - I'm new here too original.gif
I feel like your post could have been mine except you're a couple of cycles ahead of me! Must stop googling symptoms before a baby has had a chance to implant... lol

Welcome Lilymag original.gif its good to share this torture with someone. It becomes compulsive doesn't it. I was at work today googling symptoms on my phone under my desk lol. I think i hit a new low there...

Keep me posted how you go.. right now im guzzling my 3rd liter of water for the day...no idea whats going on with me..

#16 Jaymic

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

Hi ladies,

Lilymag... it IS exciting!! .. and you CAN fall preggers first go!! lol... fingers crossed for you!! Like R.MACA, my advice is not to POAS stick too early.. lol.. It is addictive once you start! but also dissapointing if you get a BFN.

R.MACA.. I hope your cold is better... and this time will be 3rd time lucky for you! With my first pregnancy, I didn't POAS until my period was one day late, and even then I only had such a feint line that I couldn't believe it was really posative. I bet if I had POAS a couple of days earlier it would have been a BFN.. I hope you have your BFP very very soon!
Re your earlier post,  I don't know if its a symptom or not, but I have been drinking heaps of water today as well.. and going to the toilet a million times...

I'm currently 4 DPO... and yes like you both, addicted to researching EPS.. lol.. I am going to try my hardest to NOT poas until next Monday at the earliest..
I had crampy lower back pains today much like period pain.. I don't want to think too much on it because it wont take much to convince myself that every this and that is a symptom of pregnancy... I did that last month and was very disappointed when AF arrived (even though I knew it was going to come cos of all the BFNs!!)

Anyway, that's it from me for now... LOl.. I love hearing updates and news from people in the same 2WW!! Makes it a bit easier to wait when you have someone to share it with! rolleyes.gif

lol.. I have to say, DH asked how long before I know, I told him we had to wait 2 weeks and he rolled his eyes and groaned.."that long??" .. I laughed!! I WISH i could look inside my belly to see what was going on in there!!.. biggrin.gif

OK that's my essay!! "see ya" later!!.. good luck ladies!!

#17 R.MACA

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

Hi Jaymic & Lilymag,

Thanks for your responses, I'm feeling better already knowing im not alone.

Keep me posted on your symptoms and how you feeling. I'm still guzzling water lol - up to 3.5 liters today - starting to feel concerned, might go to the doc tomorrow or Thur if it doesn't go away.

Might do a test tomorrow morning just because I can, not expecting anything cept a BFN, will let you guys know how I go...

@ Jaymic, love DH's response, I haven't had the heart to tell my hubbie what I suspect in case I jinx it, the only people ive spoken to have been here on this board....Glad to hear someone else is guzzling the water and im not alone lol

Thanks guys,
Chat soon

#18 Lilymag

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

Jaymic & Rmaca - you both make me feel so normal! I'm so glad I joined up here to share this experience with people who can understand. Out in the real world it's kind of crazy to talk about falling pg as often as we might like to!

Being only 2-3 dpo I know I'm only imagining little twinges here and there. I wasn't really sure about the timeline of what happens after the egg and the sperm hook up so I did some googling last night and found a calculator that tells me if it's going to implant it will do so between this Saturday and next Tuesday. So I'm trying to ignore my imagination until then.

I keep thinking I'm not lucky enough to fall pg first cycle so I decided to jinx myself today - booked an o/seas trip AND ordered opk's and hpt's online in bulk! Lol

Keep me posted, I'll be looking out for your 2WW results!

#19 Jaymic

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

I was just researching on the net about the eggs journey in 'DPO' terms a couple of days ago - it was really good, but for the life of me I can't find it again. I should have bookmarked it!!..

#20 R.MACA

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:18 AM

Hi guys,

I caved like i knew i would (i have no self control) and did a test this morning BFN!!! oh well there is still hope. I had a feeling this morning that i would get a positive, shows how much i know my body lol....

Lilymag, like your idea, I been thinking for next month I might try to start charting and OPK's so that I have more of an idea of whats going on and hopefully feel a little more in control.

Good Luck all original.gif

#21 Jaymic

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

R.MACA, there is still hope at least until AF arrives... (i hope it doesn't!!)... I'm counting the days until I POAS... I will wait until next Monday, by then I'll be 10dpo.. and then I'll probably POAS twice a day rolleyes.gif
As for symptoms.. So far all I really had was the lower bck pain / cramping like AF is due on 4 & 5 DPO.. now that has subsided and I don't feel anything else. I now know, that you can only start getting real symptoms after implantation.. so who knows... would still love a little window to see what was going on in there!! biggrin.gif

#22 SarzMH

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

Well, since writing this post; I am comforted to know that all woman dread that TWW ...
I just thought I would keep you ladies updated; after taking a pregnancy test everyday, I did a test this morning & it was POSITIVE!!!
Very happy to say the least!!!!
Baby dust to all Mumma's or Mumma's to be!!!

#23 Jaymic

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

SarzMH... That's fantastic news!! whoo whoo!!

How many DPO are you today?

#24 R.MACA

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

SarzMH,
Congrats so happy for you original.gif -how far after or before AF due did you get the positive?

I miscalculated my days AF actually due tonight (i have a 33 day cycle) - so far no sign but having weird stomach sounds and cramps, jaymic you are right still not out original.gif but this not knowing is killing me...and these weird period like cramps not a positive sign (they def not as strong as my period cramps)

Went to the doc today for a cold that I have and cough, the doc wanted to give me antibiotics but before he can he needs to rule out pregnancy so we did a blood test to find out if im pregnant before prescribing me antiboitics... finding out tomorrow at 9:30 if the test is a BFP or BFN. Will also POAS tomorrow morning too lol just for good measure (thats if AF doesn't turn up tonight)

#25 Lilymag

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE (Jaymic @ 21/02/2013, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for symptoms.. So far all I really had was the lower bck pain / cramping like AF is due on 4 & 5 DPO.. now that has subsided and I don't feel anything else. I now know, that you can only start getting real symptoms after implantation.. so who knows... would still love a little window to see what was going on in there!! biggrin.gif

Jaymic this is me to a T! I'm glad to know that these symptoms are real and I'm not imagining them. Doesn't mean we'll get BFPs but it's still reassuring to know I'm not inventing them out of wishful thinking. I'm 4-5dpo today and have had mild period cramps/twinges all day, some lower back pain in the afternoon, headache and I literally nearly fell asleep at my desk this afternoon! CM today was a bit thick/sticky, not sure if that means anything or it's just drying up post-O.

I think I have been googling too much about implantation because today I felt a random sharp twinge below and a little to the left of my belly button - something I might have felt a hundred times before but today I took it to mean something. Wishful thinking?!

At any rate I had a crazy dream last night that I POAS on one of those tests that tell you how far along you are, and my result was that I was TWO HOURS pregnant! Lol. So I definitely will stop googling implantation now.

Hope everyone's TWW isn't too torturous! Baby dust baby dust baby dust.

& Sarz - congratulations on your BFP!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Britain's youngest parents: mother 12, father 13

A 12-year-old schoolgirl and her 13-year-old boyfriend are believed to have become Britain?s youngest parents, after the birth of their baby girl earlier this week.

When Prince George met Bilby George

Prince George has met an Aussie marsupial named after him in his first official engagement in Australia.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Pregnant woman dies after doctor removes ovary instead of appendix

When a UK woman went to hospital suffering appendicitis, doctors mistakenly removed her healthy ovary - with tragic consequences.

The milestones I can't wait to celebrate

Nothing can beat the feeling of witnessing that first smile, first step and first word - but here's a list of 'firsts' I'm really looking forward to now.

How you develop in your baby's first year

Just as babies undergo rapid growth as they learn and change in their first year, we?re learning and changing quickly as parents, too. Don?t underestimate the developmental stages you go through when you have a baby.

Can you make your baby smarter even before birth?

A product new to Australia claims to help babies be born "as intelligent as possible", but not all experts agree on the benefits of educating babies while still in the womb.

How a mother's love helped unearth the skills of an autistic savant

Autistic savant Ping Lian Yeak, a prodigious artist who has had his work shown all over the world, couldn't have done it without the support and love of his proud mum.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

A tiny heart: a baby?s death gives life to another

Simon Alexander Garcia lived only one brief hour. But somewhere, a little girl?s heart is beating today because of him.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Why is childbirth still such a pain?

The options given to women to help them cope in labour have barely changed in years.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Ideas for recording baby milestones

Get the props, lights and camera ready to record the milestone moments in your baby's first months and years. Tip: set a reminder in your phone (or jot it in a calendar) to make sure you remember it every month.

From penis amputation to fatherhood

After a botched circumcision as a child, Mike Moore was left without a penis. Years later, and after meeting the right surgeon, he was able to become a dad - naturally.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Your baby's first shoes, made with your own hands

Imagine someone saying to you, "Your baby?s shoes are magnificent, where?d you get them?" And you reply, "Oh, these? I made them."

Mother bites off pit bull's ear to save toddler

What would you do if your child was being attacked by a vicious dog? One mother recently had to learn the hard way.

Couple dies 15 hours apart after 70 years of marriage

A couple who held hands at breakfast every morning even after 70 years of marriage have died 15 hours apart.

Behind the scenes of Kate and George's cuddly photo

Every face is partially obscured, but there's no denying the happiness and love in the faces of the royal mum and bub.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Your baby?s developmental roadmap

Caring for your new baby can feel like driving along a dark highway without a GPS: you know your destination ? a happy, healthy human being ? but you?re not sure whether you?re heading in the right direction.

Breaking out of the isolation of motherhood

There can be many reasons for mummy isolation ? and you don?t have to be a new mother to feel like you're often doing it all alone. Here, mums share their stories of feeling isolated, and what they do to try to break out of it.

The billionaire baby with $10,000 worth of prams

When money is no object you can go all out when it comes to baby transportation, as this billionaire socialite has shown.

Medication helps depressed mums to breastfeed

Breastfeeding mums are often told their medication may pass into their milk, but a new study suggests the benefits of taking antidepressants are greater than any risks to baby.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.