TTC with Endometriosis and Adenomyosis
Anyone else in a similar boat?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Shayde Artell

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

Hi All,
I'm new to this forum but thought it would be the best way to find a good support group of women undergoing similar challenges.
I'm 29 years old (30 next month) and I was diagnosed with endometriosis when I was about 23 and have had a total of 3 laparoscopies since. I had a mirena iud inserted when I had my first operation and each time I've had one its been replaced. My last laparoscopy was in November 2012 where I also discovered that I have adenomyosis which explains why my pain has progressively been worse to the point that I cannot get out of bed most days due to extreme pain. At the start of January this year I had my mirena removed so that my parter and I can try for a family and I'd love to hear some positive stories from other women that have gone through something similar, I am currently trying anything possible to increase my health and my chances of conceiving...I have compiled a list below

• Weekly acupuncture/ Chinese medicine
  • Weekly chiropractor/kinesiologist
  • Daily yoga and meditation
  • A total of 18 natural herbs every morning and night

As a side note AF has not reared her ugly head since having the mirena removed but I know that I ovulated 15 days ago (im very in tune with my body) and I keep getting extreme cramping expecting for the flood gates to open but still nothing!
Is there anyone here who has conceived with endometriosis and adenomyosis?
How long did it take for AF to return after mirena removal?
Apologies for the novel! wacko.gif

#2 AllyK81

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

Hi Shayde - there is an EBer who I think has similar health issues - MrsLexieK. She is in the May DIG. Good luck!

If you O'd 15 days ago and no AF, might be worth POAS!

#3 MrsLexiK

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

Hi Shayde.  Short answer yes it is possible, long answer read below original.gif

I have endo, adeno and PCOS original.gif I was dx with endo when I was young and adeno when I was 21 (at the time all my endo had been removed, nerves cut etc it was basically a process of elimination). My endo was removed twice and Aug 2011 I started charting (but not TTC) in Dec when it appared I was not getting any ovulation I had a check up with my gyno. (I had come off the pill in the April 2011 as it really wasn't helping and I did not want to try the mirena at that stage as we were heading down the path of TTCing.) He did some tests to make sure I was ovulating and even though temp wise and OPK wise it didn't appare that I was, I actually was. My issue was my pain had gotten progressivly worse as well, my gyno wasn't sure if it was the endo that was returning or if the adeno was getting worse. Or a combination of the two. We tried for Dec and Jan (and by accident Nov) but I got WC and both my GP and gyno advised me to not try until I was better (I was really sick for 3 months, and sort of better by May.) We then started trying again in May, June, July, Aug and in Sept we got our BFP!!!! So really there was only 6 months of TTCing and that is fantastic for healthy couple of our ages.  It is believed that I had a chemical preg in January, more so now that I have been pregnant and gone through those symptons again.

I did have a subchronic haemotoma (which I understand was most probably due to the adeno, as I know it is common for you to fertilise but difficult for implantation, and a common theory for subchronic haemotoma is where the baby has implanted somewhere and then come away and then implanted in another spot.) I did bled a bit durning my early stages, and now I am having pain which is like my period (that constent pain in your uterus that you feel due to the adeno) However I know many ladies with adeno that have had this pain throughout the pregnancy.  

My adeno was "lucky" in that I was only about a 2 month at most 3 month looking women, so it was not as advanced as other ladies I know.  I do wonder if this is one of the reasons though that I have basically experienced reflux from 16 weeks on wards and why my uterus appares to be sitting much higher then it should be for stage I am at (as in right under my ribs and makes it difficult to breath sometimes) Whilst I was able to feel flutters from about 16 weeks, feeling actual kicks has been different and I think perhaps some of it could be down to the adeno.

I can't tell you how over the moon I was, when those lines turned up.  And without any intervention, I had been with my gyno and had said if I wasn't pregnant by June (so 3 - 4 months of trying) then he would refer me to an IVF place (and he confirme I wouldn't have to go through all the crap again of tests and laps etc) We had said that if by Sept I wasn't pregnant I would go back to doing natural remedies and we would look at IVF in 2 years time because really it wasn't just the getting pregnant that was going to be an issue but the staying pregnant and I knew I wouldn't be able to stop at x amount of goes we needed to have a decent amount behind us.  I had the number for chinese herbalist/accuptunist who is recommended by Monash IVF dr's (I had previously been to see a naturopath and was taking one particular vitamin still) I

I also made sure I exercised and ate really healthy and tried to stay positive. I can't sit still for yoga but I was able to do pilates and run.  Strangly enough the month we feel pregnant was excatly 1 month after my uncle had passed (to the day) and I had consumed more alcohol in that month then I had for the past 2 years, I also ate like crap that month so perhaps healthy eating doesn't actually work original.gif

Firstly though I would take a pregnancy test because it is very likely that you may indeed have o'd and if you o'd and your period is not here well they are all good signs!.  If you had had your last lap in Nov chances are that your body is in optimal shape in that area for pregnancy and many women get pregnant very quickly after having endo removed.

I would also look at talking to your gyno and seeing what he recommends. He might be able to stimulate your cycle so you have some form of control over it (I am thankful for where I work which has made having the time off durning my periods easy, I know other people that do not have this option so the thought of TTC is so scary because how the hell are they going to get through a period)

Good luck

ETA: I also just wanted to add (because another thread made me click) I switched to full cream diary and went off all skim milk and low fat diary. This was a tip my SIL had been told and many other people I know who where/are TTC have been told to do. Not sure if it helped or not

Edited by MrsLexiK, 07 February 2013 - 03:00 PM.

#4 Shayde Artell

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

Thank you both for your responses!
It makes it much easier when hearing positive stories from other people rolleyes.gif
So I have POAS every day for the last 4 days and still getting BFN. I have had bad cramping for 2 weeks like AF is coming but then nothing (I think I've used a large pack of pads!) and nothing! I'm now 21dpo and still waiting

#5 MrsLexiK

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (Shayde Artell @ 13/02/2013, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you both for your responses!
It makes it much easier when hearing positive stories from other people rolleyes.gif
So I have POAS every day for the last 4 days and still getting BFN. I have had bad cramping for 2 weeks like AF is coming but then nothing (I think I've used a large pack of pads!) and nothing! I'm now 21dpo and still waiting

I would go to the GP to get a blood a test because 21dpo would be around a week a late I would assume? It might give you an indication of what is going on.  FX and goodluck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Britain's youngest parents: mother 12, father 13

A 12-year-old schoolgirl and her 13-year-old boyfriend are believed to have become Britain?s youngest parents, after the birth of their baby girl earlier this week.

When Prince George met Bilby George

Prince George has met an Aussie marsupial named after him in his first official engagement in Australia.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Pregnant woman dies after doctor removes ovary instead of appendix

When a UK woman went to hospital suffering appendicitis, doctors mistakenly removed her healthy ovary - with tragic consequences.

The milestones I can't wait to celebrate

Nothing can beat the feeling of witnessing that first smile, first step and first word - but here's a list of 'firsts' I'm really looking forward to now.

How you develop in your baby's first year

Just as babies undergo rapid growth as they learn and change in their first year, we?re learning and changing quickly as parents, too. Don?t underestimate the developmental stages you go through when you have a baby.

Can you make your baby smarter even before birth?

A product new to Australia claims to help babies be born "as intelligent as possible", but not all experts agree on the benefits of educating babies while still in the womb.

How a mother's love helped unearth the skills of an autistic savant

Autistic savant Ping Lian Yeak, a prodigious artist who has had his work shown all over the world, couldn't have done it without the support and love of his proud mum.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

A tiny heart: a baby?s death gives life to another

Simon Alexander Garcia lived only one brief hour. But somewhere, a little girl?s heart is beating today because of him.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Why is childbirth still such a pain?

The options given to women to help them cope in labour have barely changed in years.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.