Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:16 AM

Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 Cloria

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

Gold? I was right in the middle of a reply!

So much going on for some!

Tishka- I hope everything goes as smoothly as it can for you, whether you have a bub next week or a bit later.
I have seen the mild laxatives for post birth mentioned in a few places so I'll have to remember to take them.
I don't drink coffee but have totally lost my taste for tea and a friend told me her first cuppa afterwards was spectacular even though it was crappy hospital tea haha.

Names - you just can't pick whether your kid will like it's own name or not. My name isn't overly common but I've never really been a big fan. I always sort of assumed everyone thought their own name was average? Growing up I used to always wish my name was Wendy! hahaha I think it had something to do with too much Peter Pan original.gif

Robotsimone - hope you're feeling a bit better lately. It's a bit up and down so maybe you're on an up today original.gif

WD - enjoy your babymoon! I've never lucked out and gotten a free upgrade but it sounds good! Where did you go?

Redmum - how was Ikea? Interesting they showed you some placenta's too (not ikea haha).

Hope everyone's babys get in the right positions soon!

AFM - Work has finally employed someone to cover me while I'm off and she starts on monday so that should be interesting! I've never taught someone else my position before (in any job) and I'm a bit scared I don't know where to start?? I'm working as close to my EDD as my body will allow and when I mention it to people it seems like I'm the only person in the world to ever do that! But at the moment I feel quite alright at work and figure there's no reason to be at home using up my leave just yet. I'm rather enjoying having things to do both at work and home and I think if I was home all the time there would be alot of just sitting around anyway.
We picked up our pram yesterday and bought a set of drawers to go inside the BIW. They came from Sams warehouse and are less than a fine piece of furniture haha but for inside the robe they will do the trick. I am still trolling through materials on etsy for nursery! I am indecisive at the best of times and this baby brain almost makes me forget I am meant to be making a decision haha.

Edited by Cloria, 07 February 2013 - 08:26 AM.

#3 *Katey*

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:27 AM

Silver? biggrin.gif

#4 lozoodle

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

Bronze! biggrin.gif

waves.gif all!

37 weeks today! Fully cooked, yay!

#5 Alxeen

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

Lozoodle I think you're close to our first 'term' baby right?

Tishka geez how scary, I must have missed the bit earlier where you mentioned slow growth etc. Supposedly PE can come on quite quickly, so good to hear you're in safe hands. I've done quite a bit of reading on emergency c-s, as I don't want an epi, but told my ob that if there was an emergency I'd consent to a general (quick, easy) but obviously I wouldn't be conscious for the birth. My ob said a spinal block can go in just as quickly as a general will take effect so it's a no less safer option and does mean staying conscious for the birth. Depends which way you want to go, and if you have a good relationship with your ob and that's the way they want to proceed then by all means do it their way. I'll have my fingers crossed for you today and over the next few days, and try to enlist the help of others to do some of those getting ready for baby jobs. Good luck!

Serapod Amelia is a really sweet name and I think it's a lovely choice, I'll echo the others and say go for it! Funny how we all want to 'right the wrongs' of our own childhood, but don't worry about that and go with what you think sounds right. Seems like you will anyway wink.gif I was saying to DH last night that I can't imagine not being pregnant, it's feels like its been so long. Enjoy your mobility!

Awalmsley I'm 33 weeks today original.gif I hit a wall last week but got over it in the last few days and starting to feel better again. My fundal height is now 42 cms, so I'm bigger than I've ever been before (I was only about 38 cms with DD at the end) and only going to grow more! Do you get to choose your c-s date?

So I had yet another scare the other night! Late in the evening I was getting strong and persistent Braxton Hicks contractions (and they are so much stronger with this pregnancy!) but was also getting pain, like period pain, with them. It was so similar to my pre-labour with DD. I was really tired so went to bed and started timing them. I thought oh well, if this is it then there's not much I can do, I'll just monitor them and see if I can sleep. They were scarily regular for abut half an hour, but then I thought I might need to pee, so did that, went back to bed and from then on they started to trail off, getting further apart. Eventually I fell asleep, and woke up the next morning. Clearly not labour after all! I had an ob appointment that day and he said I did the right thing. Being over 28 weeks, I don't need to rush into emergency anymore, so just need to keep monitoring things, take panadol (he even said panadeine was fine too) if I'm still feeling contraction pain I should come in. It scared the life it of me tbh, and made me really consider my approach to resting (I had been playing bat tennis with DD earlier that day and was pretty active generally). So now I'm trying to have twice daily lie downs...in fact I'm lying down right now original.gif

#6 Cloria

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

Alxeen - glad to hear it sounds like you've made some progress with your hospital/ob about your labour preferences.

I think I'm going to crap myself if I get an early labour scare! or even on time! I don't think I'll ever quite feel ready hahaha

#7 lozoodle

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:16 AM

I think Serapod is our first one due, then one other person (I can't remember who, sorry!) then me I think? original.gif

#8 *Katey*

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE (lozoodle @ 07/02/2013, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
37 weeks today! Fully cooked, yay!

So jealous!

AFM: I suppose I should give a little update original.gif

Things are well here. 32 weeks at the moment. Had another OB and midwife appointment yesterday (I'm loving that they are every 2 weeks now, I'm really enjoying not having to wait a month between each one now) and everything is looking great. Bub is still head down, blood pressure is fine, and bub's heartrate is fine. As with every appointment/scan, he's still measuring ahead. Which is good, that means he's thriving and doing really well still. We have a growth scan in 1.5 weeks at 34 weeks, so that'll be interesting as well original.gif

OB has now started checking my pee at every appointment as well, as my Mum had not only preeclampsia but also HELLP syndrome, which put her life in danger - twice. Apparently there's a possibility I'm at risk as well, so as well as blood pressure, my pee is also checked for protein now. Which I understand is routine at every appointment anyway for some OB's, but apparently not for my OB. It's good that she's keeping an extra close eye on it now though.

We had my baby shower on Saturday, and it was lovely original.gif Must say though, with 20 guests, it was very hard to share my time around, and I didn't get to talk to everyone as much as I wanted, as I was just so flustered and busy and running around like a mad woman! We didn't have games or anything like that, we just had a lot of food and everyone sitting in the living room, while off to the side of the living room, we had 2 beauticians doing pedis/massages/reflexology/facials/paraffin treatments on the guests. I don't really have many pictures though of the day, which is a real shame sad.gif I was just too busy running around, to remember to take pics. Looking back, I really can't believe how busy I was! But I managed to take a few of the food and set up and decorations and favors though - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1...7505&type=3

So now that the baby shower is done, we pretty much have everything we need! All the clothes/sheets ect are washed and put away, everything has been purchased, antenatal classes are done, hospital bag is packed.... we're just waiting now wink.gif

Edited by *Katey*, 07 February 2013 - 09:23 AM.

#9 redmum77

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

Congrats Loz! can't wait till its me....

Cloria - huge ditto on the baby brain, I feel so ditzy all the time. I only just now remember what I was supposed to tell DSs teacher this morning - instead I just stood there saying "sorry, I'm just so darn pregnant I have no idea why I needed to talk to you". Great!

Katey - Great to hear you are being well looked after, especially with risk factors original.gif

Alxeen - Oh its scary isn't it? I've had the odd time when I've woken up with a big pain and though "uh oh!" but I'd just got my leg all wrong and strained something lol. Does make it all seem more real though. 42cms - wow! I've been to 41 with both, but that was at the end. What an amazing thing to have your body be doing. Yep, rest is good. I'm wearing belly support belt things now too, the weight is too much for my poor belly muscles.

I'm here all the time so you all know my news already probably lol!

#10 Alxeen

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

Before I forget....snacks for the hospital bag. I still need to pack these! But I will be putting in:

- coconut water to keep hydration up during/after birth
- pre-mixed sustagen tetrapaks (good for iron but I also love sustagen)
- dried fruit/nuts/and yes, chocolate!
- nursing tea for afterwards (Weleda  brand)

I'd be interested to hear any other suggestions. As for more fresh stuff (fruit etc) I guess that will depend on how quickly we may need to rush out the door?

Also DH has suggested packets of chips, not because he likes chips necessarily, but because nearly every Dad on OBEM seems to be munching on "crisps" laughing2.gif but I guess that can always be bought from a vending machine if he really did feel like them. (another good thing to pack - spare change!)

Oh, and I also had a great thought this morning while hanging out the washing in the blazing sun.....we ladies that are pregnant over Summer will have great tans for our hospital photos original.gif No anaemic looking Mummies!

#11 awalmsley

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

Wow Tishka - thinking of you! Hope all goes well and your blood pressure calms down and does what its supposed to do. Good luck!

Serapod- love the name and I vote with the others, use it!! Im sure there was something else I was going to reply to you but since I read it at least over a minute ago its gone.... arrggg baby brain!

Katey Love love love your baby shower photos!  You should be a party planner!!

Alxeen - bit scary the braxton hicks are coming hard and fast!! but you have made it to 33 weeks so far so good!  42cm! and the scary thing is your only going to get bigger! sorry im sure you didnt want to hear that.... wink.gif  

I had my booking in appt today with the ob. We did a compromise, I wanted to be delieved at 39 she wanted to do it at 38 so she has booked me in for 38 +5.  I didnt get a say in any of it really but I am happy that its later. I just want to make sure baby is all 'cooked' and ready before they go and pull him out.  And secretly I want to go into labour first so that I know he is ready to come out!!!

So the big day is going to be....... Monday 25th Febuary 2013   eexcite.gif !!! I am not telling anyone as I still want the 'surprise' element to it because everyone already knows its going to be a boy. Stupid I know!   At least now DH can plan his leave and I can tell my Mum when she has to come and help out! But they are both sworn to secrecy, so are my kids!!  Nice that I can get excited with you guys though!!  biggrin.gif

#12 Aminila

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (tishka @ 07/02/2013, 03:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, what a whirlwind this last week has been!

My last post I let everyone know that the OB won't let me go past 38W (19 Feb)  due to low PAPP-A and small growth.

Then at my appointment last week...... high blood pressure. I've been sitting around 120/80 all through, and completely normal pregnancy with my little boy first time around.  No risk factors whatsoever for pre-eclampsia... and yet.  Boom - there it is.

So, it's looking more and more likely that bub will be here next week.

Have my second day assessment at the hospital, where they'll take my blood pressure hourly, take bloods in the morning, do a trace of the baby, and then I get to check with my OB to see if I'm allowed home.  So far I've been sitting on 140/90, so it's not too dangerous yet, and I have a blood pressure monitor at home so I'm hopefuly that they'll let me home for the weekend.  I could think of nothing worse than lying around with no wi-fi, 3 TV channels, and so much on my mind that I COULD and SHOULD be doing, but can't (Read - nursery, capsule installed, finishing hand over at work, cleaning the house, washing all the 0000s, and buying a few 00000s as we'll have a little one this time).

AGGH! I love my OB though, and have complete trust that he will do the right thing for me and bub.  We had steroids yesterday and the day before just in case. The good thing is that although bub isn't engaged, she's been remaining more 'head down' lately.  Still flipping around, but OB thinks she'll be head down so we can try an induction.  The next issue becomes whether to go epi or not.  I went natural with my first, and think I could do it again, but depending on whether my cervix is 'favourable' or not, OB may recommend epi in case we have to do emergency c-section.  Just quicker for surgery and safer, but then having an epi in and of itself makes c-section more likely (can't push as well).

Anyway - that's where we're up to.  Sorry for the 'me' post, but probably won't have a chance to post again until after delivery (unless I get a weekend reprieve - fingers crossed).

Hope everyone is continuing to feel relatively comfortable.  Definately recommend taking fruit with you for your room.  Lots of water intake is important for breastfeeding if that's what you're doing, and fruit has a high water content.  Nuts and other easy eat protein and good.  Plain biscuits are helpful if you're not feeling the best, and anything that will help you 'keep regular'.  Bit gross, but don't underestimate how painful it is to go to the toilet after a VB.  Try to empty your bowel if you can before you go into established labour, and ask for laxatives before you try to go after birth. A really really good coffee is essential too if you're a coffee drinker (don't worry about breastfeeding - it makes very little difference).

Re names - go with your gut instinct.  Amelia is a beautiful name.  I'd stick with it, regardless of whether it's on the list.  I think it's more of an issue when you're on the 'tail-end' of a trend.

I can't remember previous posts now.  I have read through most and will continue to try and keep up on the mobile, but posting is too frustrating on the little itty bitty screen, especially with these fluid retentive fingers!! LOL

OK, shower, feed my toddler, pack some mags, and off to the hospital it is for me! original.gif

Ciao

Tishka - I've been having blood pressure issues also, but my doctors have ruled out Pre Eclampsia (sp) and said i have Pregnancy Induced Hypertension, so i have to go for twice weekly blood pressure checks and weekly clinic visits (one of the bp checks is done during clinic) So i hear you on being sick of sitting for the blood pressure profiles and CTG's for the last 2 weeks. I also have no previous bp problems with my first 2 children. Over the last 2 weeks i was up at the hospital for scheduled bp profiles and CTG's 4 times, but now i just have to go and get my urine checked for protein as it has been consistently at a trace and get a bp check, if i don't get ++ of protein or have really high bp i then get to go home and come back again 3 or 4 days later and it looks like it will stay like that for the rest of the 3.5 weeks left of my pregnancy

Axleen - it's amazing how much a twin belly can stretch, my mum had twins when i was nearly 11 and she got darn big, they are 20 next month

#13 tishka

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:17 AM

Well..........  An early arrival, but a case of better out than in.

Gave birth yesterday at 5.50pm to a precious little girl, Zara Grace.

Weighing just 2kgs (4p7oz) and 45cms long, head circum 31.5.

A healthy little girl who has benefited from the excellent advice and experience from my OB and staff.

I went in for a day's observation  and told in no uncertain terms that I would meet my daughter that afternoon. The placenta was failing, and there were doubts she'd make it through the weekend.

Her head was engaged and quite low, so they tried to induce with gel in the morning for VB. However the trace was poor, and thoughts were that she wasn't very strong and may not cope with labour. The gel didn't result in contractiions, so one emergency CS later, we had a beautiful and precious daughter.

Now recovery begins for my tummy, and drs trying to get my BP back to normal and solve the PE. I am sore, but so relieved that she has arrived and is so well. Apgar score of 9, and able to feed from me. Blood sugar levels low as she wasn't getting nutrients from placenta, so they will comp feed with formulae and keep her in the nursey for around 2 Weeks.

The c-section itself was quite terrifying and uncomfortable, but was absolutely the right call. The only birth plan that mattered was ' deliver a live and healthy baby'.

Epidural was not as painful as I expected, but experience of actual delivery was much more pressure and discomfort than I thought. But this was because the placenta was stuck, and the upper part of your tummy isn't dulled to the pain.

Small price to pay however, and I couldn't be more relieved to have her out!!!! original.gif

If I think of anything more that's helpful for you to know, I'll be sure to post it. I'm off to catch a few more zzzzzzs before the next feed. Best of luck for more safe arrivals everyone!!!!

#14 WhimsicalDragonfly

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

Oh my gosh Tishka!! Your baby is here!! ppinkstork.gif

Congratulations, lovely!!

I'm so glad your little girl arrived safely and is doing so well. An apgar of 9 is fantastic!! And so wonderful she was able to BF.

Hope you are enjoying your first few hours getting to know your gorgeous little baby.  I love the name too by the way.  wub.gif

Keep us posted when you get a chance, and rest up (as much as you can!)...
WD x

Edited by WhimsicalDragonfly, 08 February 2013 - 04:20 AM.

#15 Minxybug

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:24 AM

Oh wow I have the fuzzies congratulations Tishka, on your tiny little girl. So happy for you that she has arrived safely.

So who is next???

Knew there was a reason I felt like the baby arrivals thread needed to be up. original.gif

Woohoo 34 weeks here and now my ticker baby is head down

Edited by Minxybug, 08 February 2013 - 04:30 AM.

#16 redmum77

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:24 AM

Congrats!!!!!! How wonderful that she arrived safely! I hope you recover well too. Thank you for taking the time to write to us original.gif wow, a baby!

#17 Alxeen

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:13 AM

Congratulations on the arrival of your little one Tishka! And just over four pounds she is a little one original.gif What a fantastic apgar score and how brilliant that you are already feeding, well done!

How great that you were in the right hands that made the right call at the right time. Hope that recovery is speedy and you get plenty of rest in hospital. Enjoy your newborn snuggles!

#18 awalmsley

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:22 AM

WOO  HOO TISHKA!!!!

Fantastic news that little Zara Grace made it out into the big wide world safe and sound!  COngratulations, love her name!  Rest up and enjoy it all now!

#19 Cloria

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE (redmum77 @ 08/02/2013, 07:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow, a baby!

Hahaha I had to laugh at this response because it pretty much sums it up doesn't it!! We all knew the first one would come soon but very exciting the first is here!

I'm at work and almost fell off my chair lol. Congratulations Tishka eexcite.gif
Though not what you had planned, in the end the best case scenario for the situation. Rest up original.gif

#20 mama123

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

Congratulations Tishka!

Sorry, I don't normally comment on this thread as I have so much trouble keeping up!

Just wanted to pop in and say that I had an IUGR baby born at 37.5 weeks (4 pound 12), that went completely undetected. It can be a little daunting. My little man is 2 years, 2 months now and doing fantastically.

All the best in your recovery!

My advice, keep the feeds up. Whenever baby wants it is fine.

#21 Studybug

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

And I was just quickly logging on to see if any bubs had come yet/early!

Congrats tishka, I hope both you and bub are doing well.  Very happy for you that bubs is able to feed, as I think that can be an issue for some 36 weekers.  I hope your medical side is sorted out quickly.  2 weeks in SCN can feel like both the longest and most intensely short weeks of your life.  Totally putting it out to the universe that you both get to go home before then (especially if she's feeding and breathing well already biggrin.gif ; hope her blood sugar stabilises soon)

Rest up, take care and post as often/little and as many me posts as you need especially if you need a bit of extra support from us over the next few weeks.

Big congrats again, I love your DD's name - so pretty!  heehee your DD, exciting to say that for one of us!

Txo

#22 zackcat

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

Such exciting news to wake up to! A baby  babygirl.gif

Thanks for posting all the nitty gritty stuff Tishka....gives us a great view on what we should be prepared for. So happy she's feeding well - good on you! Can't wait to see photos!

I had another scan yesterday....first thing the technician said was "have you had a leak recently?". I had had one about 10 days before hand, but hadn't told anyone. Turns out my amniotic fluid is quite low and they are now worried I might have rupture my membranes. They need to see if it continues to decrease because that would mean needing to get bub out. I'm going back next Thu for another scan to check levels and they'll decide what to do. Apparently membranes can sometimes have a small break, but heal themselves. There is no reason for the rupture, the Prof said it wasn't anything I'd done, but we definitely felt like naughty kids that hadn't told them when it happened. So lesson for all of us....tell the care givers whenever something unusual goes on, don't do what we did and google it  unsure.gif

#23 Studybug

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:55 AM

p.s. 37 weeks for me today!

And big hi to everyone waves.gif

Still no net at home due to storms - I give them one more week than I'm cracking it wink.gif

Chat soon when we make it back to this century...

#24 Serapod

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE (lozoodle @ 07/02/2013, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Serapod is our first one due, then one other person (I can't remember who, sorry!) then me I think? original.gif

My dates swapped between 25th and 28th Feb. I think we eventually settled on 25th. Oh and I think CLM82 (?) was due around this time too, but haven't seen her lately..?

Congrats awalmsley on organising an arrival date original.gif Hope all goes well!

Tishka - absolutely unexpected but wonderful news for the arrival of your beautiful Zara Grace. Wonderful APGAR and fantastic she is feeding! Enjoy your sweet little bundle, we're all anxiously awaiting ours!

Edited by Serapod, 08 February 2013 - 09:05 AM.

#25 SC99

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

Woohoo! Congratulations Tishka!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Britain's youngest parents: mother 12, father 13

A 12-year-old schoolgirl and her 13-year-old boyfriend are believed to have become Britain?s youngest parents, after the birth of their baby girl earlier this week.

When Prince George met Bilby George

Prince George has met an Aussie marsupial named after him in his first official engagement in Australia.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Pregnant woman dies after doctor removes ovary instead of appendix

When a UK woman went to hospital suffering appendicitis, doctors mistakenly removed her healthy ovary - with tragic consequences.

The milestones I can't wait to celebrate

Nothing can beat the feeling of witnessing that first smile, first step and first word - but here's a list of 'firsts' I'm really looking forward to now.

How you develop in your baby's first year

Just as babies undergo rapid growth as they learn and change in their first year, we?re learning and changing quickly as parents, too. Don?t underestimate the developmental stages you go through when you have a baby.

Can you make your baby smarter even before birth?

A product new to Australia claims to help babies be born "as intelligent as possible", but not all experts agree on the benefits of educating babies while still in the womb.

How a mother's love helped unearth the skills of an autistic savant

Autistic savant Ping Lian Yeak, a prodigious artist who has had his work shown all over the world, couldn't have done it without the support and love of his proud mum.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

A tiny heart: a baby?s death gives life to another

Simon Alexander Garcia lived only one brief hour. But somewhere, a little girl?s heart is beating today because of him.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Why is childbirth still such a pain?

The options given to women to help them cope in labour have barely changed in years.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Ideas for recording baby milestones

Get the props, lights and camera ready to record the milestone moments in your baby's first months and years. Tip: set a reminder in your phone (or jot it in a calendar) to make sure you remember it every month.

From penis amputation to fatherhood

After a botched circumcision as a child, Mike Moore was left without a penis. Years later, and after meeting the right surgeon, he was able to become a dad - naturally.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Your baby's first shoes, made with your own hands

Imagine someone saying to you, "Your baby?s shoes are magnificent, where?d you get them?" And you reply, "Oh, these? I made them."

Mother bites off pit bull's ear to save toddler

What would you do if your child was being attacked by a vicious dog? One mother recently had to learn the hard way.

Couple dies 15 hours apart after 70 years of marriage

A couple who held hands at breakfast every morning even after 70 years of marriage have died 15 hours apart.

Behind the scenes of Kate and George's cuddly photo

Every face is partially obscured, but there's no denying the happiness and love in the faces of the royal mum and bub.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Your baby?s developmental roadmap

Caring for your new baby can feel like driving along a dark highway without a GPS: you know your destination ? a happy, healthy human being ? but you?re not sure whether you?re heading in the right direction.

Breaking out of the isolation of motherhood

There can be many reasons for mummy isolation ? and you don?t have to be a new mother to feel like you're often doing it all alone. Here, mums share their stories of feeling isolated, and what they do to try to break out of it.

The billionaire baby with $10,000 worth of prams

When money is no object you can go all out when it comes to baby transportation, as this billionaire socialite has shown.

Medication helps depressed mums to breastfeed

Breastfeeding mums are often told their medication may pass into their milk, but a new study suggests the benefits of taking antidepressants are greater than any risks to baby.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.