Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 Chaton

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

Gold!

Gee you ladies are chatty.  I think I'll only be able to catch up in the evenings as I' can't really be caught browsing a DIG at work just yet original.gif

I keep forgetting I'm pregnant and almost or accidentally eating things I shouldn't.  Like salami and Maccas shakes (they have a new limited edition flavour - what terrible timing!).  Not sure if its because I was so sure I wasn't pg this month, or just not as uptight as I was with my first bub.

#3 Stronger

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

So sorry to hear the bad news callmeprotart...hugs to you and all the best in the future. Take care of yourself. xx

I Might hang out more in the IVF group too but will pop in here every now and again original.gif

#4 araluan

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

Chaton- I did the same, and am suffering atm. Bought a burrito from salsa's and have a belly ache since. I keep for getting i'm preg and cook and eat foods I shouldn't. made satay chicken wings and am too freaked to eat it. this will be #2, first DS I ate soft serve,take out pretty much every night. I'm trying to watch what I eat with #2, which makes me paranoid with everything I consume. not as relaxed. when's your EDD?

#5 Chaton

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:18 AM

What is in a burrito that you shouldn't have?  I would have thought it was ok?

I just recovered from suspected salmonella two days before I got my BFP.  11 people got sick following a BBQ on Australia Day from undercooked chicken.  I was sick for 3.5 days.  Thankfully Dr says that since I got my BFP after the incident, it should be ok.

I'm hoping to be a little more relaxed with "listeria hysteria" this time around, but every time I start to relax there's a high profile outbreak or something.  I actually got listeria illness 2 years ago when I wasn't pregnant from smoked salmon and there was a recall for that brand a couple of days later.  I can't stand getting sick!

My EDD is 11 October.

#6 brooksta

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

Wow its so hard to keep up with the threads! LOL

Protart I am so sorry to hear your news. Rest up & take care of yourself & I wish you the best for a sticky one next time.

Mrsradiant- My DH was exactly the same with our last bub as it was our first & he didn't believe the 2 hpt & wouldn't believe I was pregnant until I had it confirmed by blood test at the Dr. So sweet that he sent you flowers.

Morning sickness has just really started kicking in for me. No vomitting but a general starving sick feeling in my tummy. I had the same with DD & second the suggestion to snack very regularly. I found it helped keep it under control a little. Currently have been sitting here eating celery & carrot sticks with dip & it has hit the spot this morning LOL.
Been experiencing bloating & mood swings a lot so far but I think (much to DH's delight) the mood swings are starting to settle a little.

That selmonella poisoning sounds horrible Chaton. You poor thing being so sick for 3 days. Glad the Dr said it shouldn't have affected Bubs as that would have been a worry

#7 washergal

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

Hi all. just introduced myself in the intro thread.

I can't believe I'm in here. My "baby" is 12.5yo & just started high school! I'm 36 now.
I am still getting my head around it all but very (cautiously) excited. I love being pregnant but my physical health is a big question mark. Trying to remember all the do's & don't's of pregnancy lol, My GP has given me the run down but I don't remember anything about soft serve, shakes or poached eggs etc. I know the processed meats, soft cheese, pre prepared salads etc etc are out. I am already on a caffeine, alcohol & high energy free diet due to my health condition so I'm used to that part (as much as anyone can be lol).

Is anyone else starving all the time? I dont remember anything so early on with previous pregnancies. I will be 5 weeks tomorrow. My boobs hurt like heck, especially in the morning & night. cramping makes me worry but I know it's normal too.

Gosh there is a lot to get my head around! it should be like riding a bike I'm sure? Look forward to sharing this journey with you all

#8 araluan

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

burrito worry was the meat- they had it sitting in the fridge marinated, my legs and feet are aching and my chest is sore. Going to book a doctors app today. At the moment I really enjoy cheeese and tomato toasties. The burrito I ate at 5 didn't go down well, felt so nauseous for a good 5 hours.

#9 MAandM

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

Hi all,
My bleeding seems to have stopped for now  thank goodness.
Hopefully seen the last of it.
Have a doc appt this Friday for blood tests etc and seeing midwife from my dd1 birth for booking a date scan.
Hate this early stage, goes so slowly!!

Hope you are all taking care of yourselves

MA and M

Xxx

#10 Klj1

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

Am glad to hear my symptoms are normal... Nausea/starving.  Funny thing was I started trying to diet on approx same day as I conceived and it was not working!

Toasties are awesome! I've been hittin up the BBQ eggplant (roast it whole then scoop out the flesh), mushroom and cheese. Sorry if imade anyone hungry.

Is anyone else paranoid about eating too much? All the articles warn against it. But even after eating I still feel starving.

#11 araluan

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

I have noticed with DS #1 I ate way too much and was always hungry ate at least 5-6 big meals per day. Before I TTC #2, I would eat no more then 2 meals per day, with #2 I eat 3 small meals with light healthy snacks in between, haven't done this on purpose just happens:D

#12 bluedragon

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

Welcome washergal original.gif there is a pinned thread in the pregnancy sub forum that has stuff about the guidelines for what not to eat and what is ok. I think it has changed a bit in the last 12 years.

MAandM, great news your bleeding has stopped!

Chaton, lucky about the timing of your food poisoning, can't have been pleasant though!

I'm not nauseous at all yet, but I am the earliest of the group still I think, 4 weeks in a day or two. Starving but when I make myself a nice big meal I can't get through it all, so I'm hungry but my stomach has shrunk or something   unsure.gif I'm not too worried about eating too much, I managed really well last time and didn't put too much on so hopefully can do it again.

Freaked myself out this morning, thought I may as well use up my last Internet cheapie test and it was still really really faint, barely darker than the first couple I did days ago. So off I went and got some more first response test and it's much darker, almost darker than the control line, than the pervious ones I did. So feeling good that things are still progressing and will get over my POAS obsession soon  happy.gif

Booked my dating scan for 3 weeks time, I'll be 6w + 4 or 5d if I'm right about when I ovulated. Does anyone know if I'll be able to see a heart beat by then?

#13 MrsRadiant

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

bluedragon, apparently you should be able too,
i went to a doc yesterday as my two normals ones i go to are on holidays, hoping she'd refer me for a blood test, but when i told her i had done approx 12 tests and all were positive she said she'd take my word for it, tad disappointed!. But she wants me to have a dating scan, even though i can tell her when i got my last period and when i ovulated?
She recoomended some time next week and that i should be about 6 weeks then and should be able to hear the heart beat!
I am going to the obstertritian on friday so i will do what he wants me to first.

#14 Mummy2013

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

Hi all I just found out that we are expecting our fourth child this October. There was no mistaking that the test was positive ( I had two dark pink lines come up straight away). I have been feeling sick for the last couple of days and have been exhausted for the last week yesterday I slept for about four hours during the day.

mum to DS 7, DD 5 and DS 3

#15 Tea&Sunshine

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

Hello everyone!   biggrin.gif

Popping in to join your group - hopefully for the long run!

I'm a mum to three kids already (ages 7, 5 and 3) and just yesterday discovered we brought home more than just souvenirs from our big summer family holiday. An embryo stowed away too!!!!!  ohmy.gif

I'm calling this baby Whoopsie Daisy!

Yesterday I had to break the news to my husband and it was one of the most terrifying, emotional things I've ever had to tell anyone. (We really thought the family was complete and 3 is busy enough!) After I sobbed all my fears and worries out to him (he really is the most patient man, hahaha) he actually came around to the idea far more quickly than I expected.

As he said - "Well, we DO have three very COOL kids, so another one wouldn't be so bad..."

I'm coming to terms with the idea very slowly - shock is giving way to a breathless joy and daring-to-hope - and all the emotions of this BFP are so different to my other four (I have had one miscarriage before) planned pregnancies. I'm already feeling a bit heavy in the tummy...and dreading morning sickness. BLURGH! Other symptoms are: a bit of constipation (but needing to go a lot more), stuffy nose, off my coffee and the old sore boobs.

I have been to the dr this morning and have had bloods just drawn to confirm. I will be having a viability scan next Friday to check for a heartbeat, and to confirm dates since I'm just not quite sure when this baby was conceived!! (Well, actually, I have a pretty darn good idea when the naughty event occurred - wine and all, haha wink.gif -  but it doesn't quite fit with my normal O date. This is one big Whoopsie!)

According to my LMP, my due date is the 11th of October.

I will try my best to keep up with the group, though I'm pretty limited between the school drop offs and pickups and general run-off-my-feet-ness of it all. hee hee.

Chat soon!

xx Sunny

Edited by Sunny Flower, 05 February 2013 - 01:39 PM.

#16 Tea&Sunshine

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

Hello Mummy2013!

Our kids are exactly the same ages!!! Was your #4 planned?

xx Sunny

#17 bellakitten

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

Hi Everyone, Im going to join this group too (EEEEK!!)

I have a DD that is 7 and a DS that is 5 and did a test on the day my DS started school and found out we are expecting a whoopsy baby too!

Due date is 6th of October

I was at home with my last 2 but this time around I own my own business and work 6 days so will have to do that basically up to the birth... At least I can give myself a break when the nausea kicks in, and no boss to kick me off EB lol

I'm basically still in shock, but am enjoying reading all your posts original.gif

#18 araluan

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

Just to let ypu all know i'm leaving this group due earlier then expected

#19 A-ZMum

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

Sorry to hear that araluan...take care of yourself.

Mummy2013, SunnyFlower, bellakitten - welcome!! biggrin.gif

So today I've started feeling the heaviness in my uterus and a few pulling twinges.  Similar to last time...I think I might be more aware than last time so I'm picking up things earlier.
Making dinner last night (apricot chicken) was a bit dicey...hope that doesn't mean I'm in for really bad morning sickness this time!

#20 Mama Syd

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

Welcome and Congratulations to the newies!

Here's a link that might help those not sure what is safe for us to eat:
http://www.foodauthority.nsw.gov.au/_Docum...cy-brochure.pdf

#21 MrsRadiant

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

Have fun in the sept dig araluan!! Welcome to the newbies!!
I'm craving popcorn everyday!
Tastes so good!!

#22 mumma freedles

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

Just popping in to say hi! I had my BFP on Sunday... and yesterday... and this morning original.gif Had a feeling that this might be our lucky cycle. Haven't told DH yet - I'm waiting for our wedding anniversary tomorrow to surprise him! Due 15th Oct (FF says 14th based on ovulation, but 16th based on standard calculations, so I'm splitting the difference)

Saw the GP today, and got all my blood tests done. He was very reluctant to give me a referral for a dating scan though. And he future dated it so I can't use it til I'm 9wks or so, even though I asked for it as a just in case like in my previous pregnancies, when I got spotting I was able to use it to reassure myself. *sigh* I'll be about to see my OB by then, with any luck.

Sorry to all those ladies that have already had to say good-bye. Hope that you're all ok.

original.gif

#23 Mama Syd

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

Congratulations Mumma Freedles!
Your gp sounds a bit too controlling. I think most people here are having their scans a few weeks earlier than that? I'd go see a different gp..

#24 Mummy2013

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

Hi Sunny

My husband, children and I had sat down and spoken about adding another member. But we weren't trying and we were trying if that makes sense. And although we had spoken about another child I still freaked. I have been drained the last couple of weeks and find it hard to keep my eyes open which with a three year old I need to be awake

QUOTE (Sunny Flower @ 05/02/2013, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello Mummy2013!

Our kids are exactly the same ages!!! Was your #4 planned?

xx Sunny

#25 bluedragon

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

Thanks MrsRadiant, really looking forward to the scan but didn't have an early one with DS so a little nervous too. Until then I will live vicariously through you and your scan next week  wink.gif

Wow, lots of newbies, congrats all original.gif

araluan, hope all goes well, enjoy the sept group, would be lovely to hear any news about the birth though if you care to pop back in any time.

Mamma freedles, my GP told me dating scans are more acurate the earlier they are but just have to be after 6w. She said much later than 7w they aren't as acurate. I would consider going to another GP if you can to get a different referral if you really wanted a dating scan.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

The myths and truths of gender swaying

Here are a few popular methods hopeful parents-to-be use to try to get a baby of their preferred gender – and what an expert says about whether they really work.

10 easy DIY Christmas decoration ideas

It's officially time to get into the Christmas spirit. Why not branch out when you put up your tree this year and add a personal touch with a few DIY decorations? We've found the perfect easy-to-make ways to put more festive fever into your home.

The dangerous new trend of glucose challenge test refusal

A dangerous trend is seeing more mothers-to-be declining a relatively simple and painless test to check for gestational diabetes.

Office of Fair Trading reveals naughty toys ahead of Christmas

The Office of Fair Trading has pulled seven toys from shelves ahead of Christmas after they fail safety tests.

Video: Baby boy's trouble with twins

These twin girls will no doubt have fun fooling people in years to come, but nobody will be as confused as baby Landon.

Long-term reversible male contraceptive on its way

Men could soon have access to an injectable long-term contraceptive which works in a similar way to a vasectomy but promises to be easily reversed.

'I tried to kill my baby': one mum's story

After bathing and dressing her three-month-old son, Amanda had a rare moment alone with her baby.

Attack of the 'mummy brain'

I feel that almost every day, someone in my life - be they a friend, family member or complete stranger - feels the need to excuse my behaviour as I have other things on my mind.

Mum of baby who fell ill after drinking raw milk speaks out

A Melbourne mother has described how her son turned grey when he became seriously ill after drinking raw milk.

Australian divorce rate lowest since 1976

Modern newlyweds are now well into their 30s and marriage still offers something powerful a new book argues.

The aftermath of a traumatic birth experience

In Australia, 30 per cent of women find their birth experience traumatic, with 6 per cent going on to develop post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Young mum burns 'from inside-out'

A young mum is in intensive care after she took a friend's antibiotic and wound up with an ailment that is burning her body 'from the inside-out'.

The disagreement that can break a relationship

If he doesn't change his mind, all I can hope is that I will. It would be a waste to spend the rest of my marriage mourning a baby that never was.

Co-sleeping or no-sleeping? Mum videos worst nap ever

One mother's futile attempt to sleep in caught on camera in a hilarious - and very cute - video.

Why children misbehave during the festive season

While we all like to imagine the holiday season as being a fun, loving and bonding experience; often our reality is quiet different.

I was fat-shamed by my doctor

The fear of being weighed is the most significant factor in women cancelling medical appointments - and now weight-shaming has happened to me.

End of an era: no more childcare

As we reach the end of 2014, we're closing the book on many things for another year, most notably childcare. Our last child has attended childcare for the very last time.

The 7-year itch is more like the 10-year itch: study

Contrary to popular belief, making it past the seven-year mark doesn't mean your marriage will be smooth sailing from there on.

Stop telling us that parenting gets harder

I’m sure that parenting will get harder. But life isn’t exactly smooth sailing for many of us right now, either.

Should children be forced to sit on Santa's lap?

We teach kids it’s okay to say no if they don’t feel safe, so why do some parents force their children to climb in to Santa's lap?

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Baby born weighing almost 14 pounds

Yes, the bouncing baby girl was born by caesarean section. And mum says no more kids.

The dummy debate

I'm the first to admit that when I used to see tiny babies with dummies in their mouths, I thought "Hmm, lazy parenting." And now I apologise.

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

'I thought I was an only child'

Imagine meeting your double at a school sports event, or regularly being mistaken for someone you haven't met. Separated twins Margaret and Joy tell their story.

Mums reveal their nappy bag essentials

Ever wondered what other mums carry in their nappy bags? We have, so we asked mums to tell us their must-have nappy bag items.

Toddler died because he wasn't given antibiotics soon enough

A 15-month-old boy would almost certainly be alive today if doctors had given him antibiotics sooner, a coroner has ruled.

VIDEO: moment a toddler falls on to train tracks in Melbourne

Shocking footage has emerged capturing the moment a pram carrying a toddler rolled off a platform and onto train tracks in suburban Melbourne.

Sold on natural birth? Read the fine print

In the excitement and anticipation of a first pregnancy, I ignored the fine print: some women, some of the time.

Child with alcoholic mum who drank while pregnant won't win pay-out

A young child is not entitled to criminal injuries compensation after her mother drank excessively while pregnant.

Superbugs killing India's babies, posing wider threat

A deadly epidemic that could have global implications is quietly sweeping India, tens of thousands of newborns dying because antibiotics no longer work.

Can you teach a toddler to sleep in?

Parents share their tips on getting their early risers to sleep in, even for just a little bit longer.

Keeping your relationship on track as new parents

About 70 per cent of couples experience a slump in their relationship within three years of having a baby. Here's how we tried to get back on track.

America's favourite baby names of 2014

Americans are turning to television, Netflix and sports for ideas for what to name their wee ones.

Carers admit to force-feeding children

As Sydney grieves the loss of Sydney siege victims Katrina Dawson and Tori Johnson, reports have suggested that both died as heroes.

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.