Charlotte

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 my4beautifulboys

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

We are hoping to ttc before too long and hoping for a bfp this month, we now have three boys, their names are Alexander, Jack and Benjamin, if we were too have a girl i would really like the name Charlotte.

Do you like this name, and do you think it goes withthe boys names nicely?

#2 Lickety Split

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

Yes and yes original.gif

#3 LottieCait

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

Yes and yes. I think it goes perfectly original.gif

#4 strawberry blondes

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

Personally I don't like the name but it does go with your boys names nicely.

#5 FeralHez

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

Yes and yes.

The only reason DD is not a Charlotte is because she didn't "look like one" to me, I am slightly glad as it seems quite popular (deservedly) and I am one of those people who avoids top popular names where I can.

#6 Therese

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

I love the name Charlotte and think it goes really well with your boy's names original.gif

#7 fifi-trixibelle

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

Lovely name and perfect with your boys names original.gif.

#8 fifi-trixibelle

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

Lovely name and perfect with your boys names original.gif.

#9 My-3-Pinks

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

I think Charlotte goes perfectly with your boy's names and I LOVE the name as it is DD1's name  wub.gif

#10 AbbottProofFence

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Yes and Yes original.gif

#11 4kidlets

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Its not a name I am wildly keen on but yes it goes well with your boys names original.gif

#12 wish*upon*a*star

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

It matches well and is a lovely name (hence its popularity I guess original.gif)

#13 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

It is not a name I would use as I find it a bit prissy and I do not understand the concept of having names that ' go with' siblings names.

#14 la di dah

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

I think it goes perfectly.

It's a pretty and classic name. I must admit that when head-to-head with another feminine spin on Charles, I prefer Caroline, but there is nothing wrong with Charlotte itself.

For whatever reason I'm really liking C names right now - Caroline, Claire, Catherine, Celeste, etc. and Charlotte wouldn't be in my top five, but it's fairly nice itself.

#15 Plaxy

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

Another one saying yes and yes. Lovely!

#16 kerilyntaryn

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

yes and yes,  very popular at the moment though

#17 JaneLane

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

I have never liked the name Charlotte, it's just a bit too prissy and I don't like Charlie as a NN. I prefer any of the other alternate names la di dah suggested over Charlotte.

Friends called their daughter Charlotte just becasuse her last name was Webb and that was a favourite childhood movie. I feel a bit sorry for her but I would guess kids her age wouldn't know the movie, I'm a bit young to know it myself if I had not been told.

#18 April girl

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE (blue4me @ 04/02/2013, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have never liked the name Charlotte, it's just a bit too prissy and I don't like Charlie as a NN. I prefer any of the other alternate names la di dah suggested over Charlotte.

Friends called their daughter Charlotte just becasuse her last name was Webb and that was a favourite childhood movie. I feel a bit sorry for her but I would guess kids her age wouldn't know the movie, I'm a bit young to know it myself if I had not been told.

Oh dear. I quite like Charlotte but with Webb as a surname is just cruel.

#19 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

Yes and Yes!!!

#20 Gudrun

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (Lickety Split @ 04/02/2013, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes and yes original.gif

This.  I would immediately think Charlotte on seeing your boys' names.

#21 my4beautifulboys

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

Thankyou, glad you like it, i think its a very pretty name, i must say i dont like the nickname 'Charlie" though!

#22 Zachary Quack

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

I love all your names and plan to name my own babies Charlotte and William - I love Alexander, and I love Benjamin too but my brother is Ben so no go. Beautiful names.

#23 FlamingoG

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

Surely 'popular' is an understatement? Ubiquitous is closer to the mark.

So many names, yet so many Charlottes.

#24 Procrastinator5000

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (FlamingoG @ 04/02/2013, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agree with this.

It is an absolutely beautiful name, but WAY too popular for me. It seems like your taste is for classic, top ten names though, and your boys' names are classic and wonderful, so it fits well.

If you don't like Charlie, Lottie is another nickname.

#25 vanessa71

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE (FlamingoG @ 05/02/2013, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, it's popular, however I only know of 2. I know of 4 Juliets and that is not even Top 100, depends on where you live.

OP, I love the name Charlotte (although I do prefer it as a middle name) and I think it goes well with your boys names. Just don't use Charlie as a NN, it's awful.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

A mum's tragic battle against inflammatory breast cancer

At just 37 years of age, with two young sons, Vicki was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. Now her family wants all women to know the symptoms.

The business of babies around the world

Pregnancy and birth is an intriguing process no matter where you are in the world. One soon-to-be father gleans wisdom from a new guide.

Finding a positive path through IVF

It’s not surprising that IVF is often seen as a negative journey towards the ultimate positive, but having a glass-half-full approach can make a big difference to the experience.

Giving strangers the gift of parenthood

A mum explains why she and her husband are choosing to gift their leftover embryos to help strangers achieve their dream of parenthood.

Does morning sickness get better or worse with each child?

Just as every baby is unique, so is every pregnancy. And that means morning sickness can vary a lot, too.

What's so wrong with looking 'mumsy', anyway?

Why is it that the word ‘mumsy’ has connotations of such a negative nature – but seems to be the only other option apart from ‘yummy’?

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

Student shocked by surprise baby

Kate Hudson, 22, was on a dream European holiday with friends. She didn't realise she was about to become a mum.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.