Symptoms

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 Growingspud

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Anyone not having typical symptoms yet? I have been tired but haven't been sleeping well. I've read you can sleep about 12 hours but I'm lucky to be sleeping 5-6. I know it's earlier but no sickness or sore boobs yet. Not that I want either, but I guess I don't feel pregnant yet, besides the wee stick telling me I am anyway.
Looking forward to speaking to my GP on Wednesday.
unsure.gif

#2 MrsRadiant

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

No nausea here, no real big obvious symptoms, just slight cramps every now and then, boobs just starting to get soreish, backache comes/goes. Heart feels like its working harder though.

#3 bluedragon

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

Yeah, I'm still not feeling pregnant. I had really really sore boobs by now last time but I am still breastfeeding so I don't know if that would change things.

I've had a few cramp like twinges and a heavy/pressure feeling but not anymore.

I have been getting the 2am loo run though.

Really happy I haven't got any morning sickness yet!

Seeing my GP tomorrow morning, I feel like I'm waiting for her to confirm it for me or something  huh.gif

#4 Growingspud

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

biggrin.gif I'm waiting on the GP to confirm also even though I did 3 tests!!

#5 bluedragon

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (Growingspud @ 03/02/2013, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
biggrin.gif I'm waiting on the GP to confirm also even though I did 3 tests!!

I might have been taking 3 tests a day  ph34r.gif I blame being able to buy Internet cheapies in packs of 30  tongue.gif

#6 Klj1

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

Mild cramps, starving hungry, then full but still hungry, need lots of hugs, occasinally a bit queasy and very sensitive to smells...
I exercised yest and felt strong, yay! A little exhausted though and nervous about exercising during preg.
Oh and pee more often. But luckily I normally don't pee much so now it's prob same as a normal person.

#7 Growingspud

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

Felt very different today had normal energy everything felt "non" pregnant. Don't know if I'm just thinking too much about it. Seeing GP tomorrow and can't come quick enough

#8 mumma freedles

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

I've been a little vaguely nauseous just before meal times. And boobs definitely getting bigger. And peeing soooo often. Keep trying to hold it cause when I give in there's barely anything there! Not as many symptoms as last time yet, but still early days.

#9 bokbok

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (Growingspud @ 05/02/2013, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Felt very different today had normal energy everything felt "non" pregnant. Don't know if I'm just thinking too much about it. Seeing GP tomorrow and can't come quick enough

Me too! Have woken up a little worried today as feel so normal it is not funny! Only a bit bloated still...oh I hope everything is ok in there! Is it normal to feel nothing really yet? I am just 6 weeks.

#10 Penguin78

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

I had cramps a few days ago and have sore boobs but that's it. I am not worried though as it was the same last time. I never got any MS and as I had an anterior placenta I felt hardly any kicks. Wouldn't have known I was pregnant until I was six months and the belly filled out!

Dont worry about lack of symptoms .  I know it's hard and I did last time,  but no MS or 'typical symptoms' isn't a bad sign. Everyone handles pregnancy differently.

#11 Growingspud

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

Yep agree with Penguin78 doesn't mean anything. I did query doc today when I was there but she said all good.

Mum is a midwife so I should of just been bugging her! Already have been querying everything. Funny how little I know about pregnancy and the female body, spent too much time on traveling and my business!! Guess that's about to change  ffear.gif

#12 Klj1

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

Hi all, is anyone else crampy? I've been getting cramps like dull ache just above my pelvic bone for quite a few days.

Less in the way of nausea/hunger lately. Eating less more frequently definitely helps, and I'm crossing fruit n yoghurt of the list for breakkie, I need something more solid to start the day!

#13 bokbok

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

Yes am finding that the extreme hunger is fading but if I don't eat regularly then I start to feel nauseous!

Am feeling more tired too. Other than that not much else though.

#14 dorkalicious

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

Super tired, huge achey boobs, mostly lost my appetite but if I don't eat every 2 hours-ish I get nauseous....

It was around the 7 week mark last time that the symptoms hit me hard and fast and I became a vomit machine.... waiting anxiously hoping that doesn't happen this time!

#15 Chaton

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

Last time I got lots fo twingy, crampy feelings.  Not so much this time but perhaps because everything is pre-stretched?  blush.gif

My boobs are huge, heavy and super sore.  I'm going to have to move to sports tops or maternity bras because the thinner strap bras I usually wear are leaving angry sore red marks on my shoulders and I'm constantly adjusting them.

I've got the queasies getting worse by the day and I discovered tonight the bleeding gums are back in a big way.

Isn't this gig glamourous?

Edited by Chaton, 09 February 2013 - 11:30 PM.

#16 Cooperdoo

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:37 AM

Oops wrong thread. Sorry.

Edited by Cooperdoo, 10 February 2013 - 06:55 AM.

#17 Growingspud

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Anyone have itchy skin? I have got a heat like rash which I never get and it's driving me crazy especially at night.

#18 MrsRadiant

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

Yes I have itchy skin on & off!
6 weeks today and the nausea has kicked in, first whole day with it, tonight was the worst at 7pm.
No sore boobs, on/off cramps, sorest lower backache down to bottom!

#19 IvoryLace

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:58 AM

I'm around 5 weeks now so still very early... I am so gassy and bloated!! I have never had bloating in my life before so it's very weird. Also burping a lot (so embarrassing!) and having trouble sleeping. And exhausted all the time.... ssleep.gif

#20 Growingspud

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:42 AM

I'm having trouble sleeping too. Was a stomach sleeper and now can't due to sore boobs. Just having trouble getting comfortable. It's annoying DH as I keep waking him.

#21 Penguin78

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:02 AM

My boobs are hard as rocks! And soreness coming and going. Weird dreams have started and I am another one with wind problems!!! So embarrassing at a family party yesterday I had to sneak off to the loo to let one rip!  laughing2.gif

#22 Growingspud

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:41 AM

Oh I've been having weird dreams too! I didn't realise it had anything to do with being pregas. Classic

Also have wind. It seems to have settled a bit in the last week but the first couple was terrible

#23 mrslb

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:46 AM

Good to know that I'm not the only one with trouble sleeping and vivid dreams - DH was struggling last week with me disturbing his sleep - he's going to be in for a rude shock when the little one arrives!

#24 mrslb

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:46 AM

sorry - double post.

Edited by mrslb, 11 February 2013 - 07:47 AM.

#25 c_shell

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:16 AM

I hear you on the wind! If you keep them all in you ended up even more bloated and sore, but its not really acceptable to let them all rip.
What to do!.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Life with anxiety

At times, I feel pretty worthless. In those moments, all I want to do is curl up into a ball and hide in the dark. I can try to quiet my mind, but it won?t shut up.

IVF leaves woman pregnant with another couple's twins

An Italian woman has been told the twins she is three months pregnant with are not hers.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

What you need for the 'fourth trimester'

In my opinion, the first three months after the birth are the most intense. Here's what got me through that time after welcoming my baby.

Weaning a toddler off a dummy: a 15-day plan

Weaning your child off the dummy can be a traumatic experience for both of you. Here are some tips to help you through.

Choosing to be a solo parent

Two women share their stories of longing for a baby so much that they each decided not to wait for a partner before becoming a mum.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Mum's heartbreak as son dies in road accident

Daly Thomas and her two young sons were walking home from church on Tuesday afternoon. Her youngest son never made it.

New Kate Spade baby bag designs

Don?t adjust your screen: this bright beauty is coming to you in full colour.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.