IVFers Due In October 2013
For those who conceived through IVF

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
195 replies to this topic

#1 Mama Syd

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

Hi there, I thought it'd be nice for those of us lucky enough to have conceived through IVF, and are due in October, to have a space just for IVF related chat :)

Edited by Mama Kas, 04 February 2013 - 06:31 PM.

#2 bokbok

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

What a great idea Mama Kas!! I still don't really feel all that pregnant and just hope that all is ok in there! It is 3 weeks today since we had our transfer!! I can't wait for my next blood test on Thursday to make sure the levels are going up ok!

Did you have a 3 or 5 day transfer Mama kas?

#3 sainter35

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

Hi guys! Mind if I join you?

Bok - hello! I know exactly what you mean about waiting for the next blood test. Mine's on Tuesday and I'm hanging out. I've been taking HPTs every 2nd day or so just to make sure and they're all still coming up dark which is a good sign!

Mama Kas - thanks for starting this group! I didn't really feel like I belonged in the general one. Is this your first bub? When are you due?

AFM, I'm starting to feel slightly nauseous which I'm not happy about. I didn't get any MS with my first bub so I'd be pretty annoyed if I got it this time around (though obviously more than willing to put up with it if it meant a healthy little bub at the end of it obviously!). My boobs are sore too. And I'm SO tired. I normally am anyway, but at the moment I'm tired as soon as I get out of bed in the morning to when I go to bed at night!

The good news is, however, that I finished taking Crinone on Friday night! HUZZAH!

#4 bokbok

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

Yay Sainter35 - good to see you in here! Yep know what you mean about feeling slightly nauseous...didn't have any MS with DD but will see this time around!  My boobs are not sore at all but feel a bit fuller. Getting more tired too - have resisted the urge to nap today as have to work tomorrow and Tuesday so no naps then! Yay for finishing the Crinone - nasty stuff! I am so lucky that I didn't have to take that this time!!

Look forward to chatting more with us IVF'ers!! original.gif

#5 Mama Syd

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

I am so pleased this is being used! I too feel more at home here. I can't tell you how happy I am at having a couple of ladies who conceived through IVF, at the same time as me, to talk to!! :D  

Yes, this will be our first baba. We were extremely fortunate to conceive from our first round. We had been ttc for 5 or 6 years and succeeded about a year and a half in but I miscarried. And then nothing until we did IVF.

This time I really feel very pregnant, although I hope that's not just all the hormones I'm taking. Anyone else have to continue with capsules and pessaries for another 10-12 weeks? Really could do without the pessaries!

I've been very tired, sore and itchy boobs, terrible nausea yesterday, extra hungry, my abdomen is very sensitive, often a bit crampy/ twingy, it feels swollen, and I'm having mood swings.

Once again, delighted to have you to talk to x

#6 Mama Syd

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

Hi Bokbok, I had a 5 day fet. Sainter35 my due date is the 9th of Oct.  I'm not booked in to have a second lot of bloods just the scan in a couple of weeks.. Now I'm wondering if I'm being made to wait too long. Also, when people talk about their hcg levels, I've never been told about mine.

#7 bokbok

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

Mama Kas - hey me too! Ours was a 5 day FET - our first FET we had done and our only embryo left from our third cycle in August!!

I wasn't told my levels on the first 'finding out' blood test but was last week on my second. Think it depends on the nurse you get. My clinic offered to monitor me to 8 weeks and then my OB will take over as I see her at 10 weeks. Am so nervous excited about my scan next week - so hoping the little embie found the right place to snuggle in and has a heartbeat!

If you aren't sure maybe call your clinic to just double check you aren't meant to have any more blood tests?

I like it here too! I will probably post occasionally in the general one too but mostly here with you lovely ladies!! original.gif

#8 sainter35

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

Morning ladies!

How are you feeling today? Hopefully we get a few more ladies in here. I saw on the Feb 2WW board that MsMooMoo POAS and got a BFP so fingers crossed we'll see her in here after her first BT!

Not much going on with me. My boobs are really really sore and I feel queasy, but that's about it. Having trouble sleeping too. Next BT is tomorrow morning - hanging out. When I first started IVF they didn't give me my numbers so now I make sure I ask my nurse every time she calls with the results. I like knowing these things...

Have a great day!

#9 IVF Baby

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:44 AM

Hi ladies
I am due with our 5day FET on 15 July, although will be c section probably around 7,8,9 July as OB doesn't want me to go into labour naturally.  Why, well my first little IVF miracle was 39 weeks, natural labour ending in an emergency C section. Who would of thought with these big hips that my pelvis was not 'baby friendly' and he got stuck.  So thus, need a c section with this one.
Do I feel pregnant, oh god yes, soooo much bigger the second time around, started to show at 2.5 months, where as with Joshua, didn't show until around 4-5 months.  Tired today too.
We still have two eggs on ice, going to donate these a year after this little one is born.  Last time for me - don't know if I could face all day sickness again, first tri and me and not friends at all.

#10 dimensionk

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

Ooooh I'm happy to see this thread, thanks Mama Kas!

I'm looking forward to the 13th for my first scan at 6w 2d. If there's a heartbeat, then I will be able to relax! Fingers crossed. And if I'm so lucky, I'm going to ask him what side the placenta (or chorionic villi) is on. According to the following trial, if it's on the left there's a 97.5% chance it's a girl, and if on the right there's a 97% chance it's a boy. Pretty cool hey! http://hcp.obgyn.net/fetal-monitoring/cont...1760982/1878451
Will be interesting to see if it's correct. We should all ask this and see how it pans out hehe! original.gif

sainter35, I was happy when I stopped the Crinone too, whoop! original.gif Horrible stuff, couldn't DTD because it makes things so gritty and yucky. So happy to have that over with!

Mama Kas, I'm sorry to hear you're still on it, is there a reason (eg thin lining or low progesterone) that you're continuing with the pessaries?

Mama Kas, I wasn't booked in for a second lot of bloods either. (Although, I actually had an earlier reading from my GP - I didn't tell the FS this though). The clinic one was at 16dpo (well, 16dpec days past egg collection hehe) and they just said they like to see it over 100 (mine was 522 which he said was great ...I think about 200 is the norm). Anyway, a scan is better than bloods, just feels like forever waiting doesn't it. Us IVF'ers are always waiting for something it seems!

#11 dimensionk

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

IVF Baby, this is a DIG for October, but congrats just the same! original.gif That's very lovely of you to plan on donating your remaining ones.

#12 dimensionk

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

Mama Kas, it might be good to have Due in Oct in the thread title, because I think this is going to end up a nice ongoing thread! original.gif

#13 bokbok

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

Hi ladies how are we all tonight? I had my first day back at work today and feeling rather bloated after sitting at a desk all day! Have to go back tomorrow but then rest of week off so can't wait to Wednesday!

It's funny how all the clinics do similar but different things hey!

I can't wait for next blood test on Thursday - am so scared that something is wrong - still feeling hardly any symptoms! I just so hope all is ok!!

Hope you are all going ok too!

#14 sainter35

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:55 AM

Hi lovely ladies!

Bok - First day back from summer holidays? The hardest day for me was the first day back after maternity leave last year. Just did not want to leave the little tacker. Still miss him every minute I'm at work. I know what you mean about the waiting - I'm terrified something's wrong. Ugh.

dimensionk - hooray! Nice to see you on here too. It's funny, just when you think you get over the 2ww there's yet another wait for scans/BTs. Groan. Your first HCG is very reassuring! My HCG level at 17DPO (or EPU!) was 887. DP wonders if it might be twins, but I had a high first number with DS and he was only a singleton.

Mama - how are your symptoms going?

AFM, had my 2nd BT this morning. Now I just have to wait all bloody day for the results. Waiting waiting waiting. I was going to POAS this morning to reassure myself that I was still pg but I forgot and now I'm kicking myself (I'm at work now). I last took one on Sunday and it was still dark, so fingers crossed things are progressing ok. I'm panicking and paranoid though because my boobs aren't as sore as they were last night and my queasiness has gone - although both these symptoms come and go. Plus I'm getting a headache which could be due to the pregnancy, could be due to stress (having a hard time at work at the mo) or it could be AF? No, surely not...

See what my brain puts me through? So mentally exhausting! I seriously need to relax and just try and enjoy being pg... rolleyes.gif

#15 b0rn2love

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

hi all!
mind if I join here too?

mama - gr8 idea creating this thread- I also didn't feel too comfortable joining the 'other' thread.

bok and sainter - gr8 to see u both again original.gif

dimension - my edd is also 7th Oct original.gif

AFM - I have booked in to see my GP on Friday - want to get a BT down to make sure peanut is still in there!
All of my symptoms disappeared on Thursday so have been fretting since.
Sore back has come back since... and my hair is falling out. Like clumps sad.gif According to google a lot of people experience this and from what I've read it should start going back to 'normal' around 9-11 weeks.
My u/s is booked for 18/2 and then I see my FS the same afternoon.
Have also booked in a consult with an OB for early March - hoping I've made the right choice.

Hope you are all well original.gif Look forward to your updates! xx

#16 Mama Syd

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

Sainter - I'm still a bit queasy but I'm being pretty careful and I haven't been anywhere near as sick as I was on Sat. Phew! Thanks for asking.

Welcome and Congratulations to the newies!

Born2love - when I started taking the IVF hormones I was shocked at how much my hair was falling out. My doctor said it is uncommon but hair has a three month cycle and so it should stop around then, which it did. Luckily I had loads of hair. Hubby can't tell but when I wash my hair it certainly feels like there's a lot less there.

I never thought about going outside the Ivf clinic to check my levels. I thought they'd refuse. I don't know why. I think I might do it. How long does it normally take to get the results?

#17 b0rn2love

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

Mama - it depends on your GP clinic as to when you get the results. My GP sends BTs on Mon, Wed & Fri's and it takes 2 working days to get the result. So I will find out on Tuesday my results from this Friday.

xx

#18 sainter35

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:26 AM

Hello everyone! Nice to see the group is growing!

b0rn - great to see you again too! 2 working days to get results! AARGH! You poor thing, all that waiting. It's a good idea I think to get another BT though, just to get reassurance. My u/s is booked for the same day as yours!

mama - glad your nausea is better. I find I'm getting it in waves. Funny how they call it morning sickness - I actually feel fine in the mornings!

bok and dimension - how are you both feeling?

AFM, my blood test results from yesterday were great - HCG is up to 13,280 which means a doubling time of around 43 hours. My nurse said that was a really good result. So one more blood test next week and then my scan the week after. I might try and book in with my OB today.

#19 bokbok

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

HI ladies!

B0rn2love - great to see you in here with us!! Wow 2 days for results - are you country? I have a blood test in the morning and results are back that afternoon - I even have mine at a suburban centre closer to where I live than at the main city centre one...you poor thing having to wait so long! As long as it is worth the wait though!

Sainter - yes first day back as I work in a school and schools went back here on Monday! I only work 2 days a week though so now have rest of week off thankfully! My DD also started Year 1 on Monday! Yay for those great results!! Makes it more real hey!

Mama - glad you are in control of your MS...I too find that if I don't eat enough I start to feel a bit queasy...but it does come in waves too - some days worse than others.

Well as for me...so tired at the moment but haven't slept properly the last 2 nights so think that is why! Hardly even still feel pregnant - each day feel a bit different and then last night had a slight bit of pinky blood in CM (not much blood just a small bit mixed in - sorry TMI!) so got all worried something wrong! I can't wait for blood test tomorrow and even more for my scan hopefully next week. I just want to see a strong little heartbeat! Sometimes I forget I am pregnant as in some ways it still doesn't feel real!

I love our little group here so much as we all understand the extra mile we have all gone to get our much wanted bubs!! original.gif

#20 b0rn2love

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

hi all!

Sainter - fantastic numbers!!!! r the drs thinking twins??
the 18th feels so far away! I can't wait to see lil peanut! What time ru booked in? Mine's at 11:40am.
How are your headaches?

Bok - I know what you mean about not feeling pregnant! It's so stressful :-S I also had some pinky discharge yesterday (very small amount) but has scared me! Got really worried last night when I started getting intense cramps. Have you had ur BT yet? Look forward to ur update - hope you get nice strong numbers.

Dimension & Mama - hope you are both well. Any updates?

Not much on my end. I'm about 15 min away from Sydney City however my GP is a just a lil private practice and I guess they want to save on courier costs which is why they only send BT out on Mon, Wed, Fri - I think they say two days for results in case ur appt is after they've sent the courier for that day. Anyhow if i do need to wait til Tuesday it'll be much better than waiting for the following Monday til my scan! Hopefully will give me some peace of mind.

Bok - ur right - this is a great group. So happy to have found u guys xx

#21 b0rn2love

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

hi all!

Sainter - fantastic numbers!!!! r the drs thinking twins??
the 18th feels so far away! I can't wait to see lil peanut! What time ru booked in? Mine's at 11:40am.
How are your headaches?

Bok - I know what you mean about not feeling pregnant! It's so stressful :-S I also had some pinky discharge yesterday (very small amount) but has scared me! Got really worried last night when I started getting intense cramps. Have you had ur BT yet? Look forward to ur update - hope you get nice strong numbers.

Dimension & Mama - hope you are both well. Any updates?

Not much on my end. I'm about 15 min away from Sydney City however my GP is a just a lil private practice and I guess they want to save on courier costs which is why they only send BT out on Mon, Wed, Fri - I think they say two days for results in case ur appt is after they've sent the courier for that day. Anyhow if i do need to wait til Tuesday it'll be much better than waiting for the following Monday til my scan! Hopefully will give me some peace of mind.

Bok - ur right - this is a great group. So happy to have found u guys xx

#22 dimensionk

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

Hi ladies!

bokbok -> good luck with your blood test today! I had very little symptoms when I had mine and I had high HCG, so please don't worry on account of that. Hope you manage to get some good sleep in - I've been sleeping light (annoying when you're tired) until recently, had a nice deep sleep last night. I hope you get some reassuring results soon.

sainter35 -> so true. Did you have one embie transferred? (ID twins are common with IVF so could be in any case). I'm feeling good thanks. Some days I feel tired early in the evenings, but nothing major. Glad your HCG is great! biggrin.gif

b0rn2love -> hello! good to have you as my EDD buddy. Hope your hair stops falling out - ah! My symptoms are mild and come and go, please don't worry about this, it's entirely normal.

Mama Kas -> Hope you're feeling better. I think results are just next working day if you go in the morning.

As for me -> No news really, feeling positive - just hanging out for Wednesday for the scan! Oh and spending money like crazy on baby things. Oops. original.gif

#23 Fi bub

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

Hi All,

My EDD is 4th October. I tried to fall pregnant for 3 years and am feeling fortunate I fell with my first cycle - embryo at 5 days. I have had 2 BT - the first at 16d post FET was HCG 1600 my second 1 week later was 22000.... can they be this high with a single baby??

I've experienced bloating, fluid retention, exhaustion, mood swings, nausea/queasiness, and dizziness/hot head. It will all be worth it. I found ginger tea and cold packs have been helping a bit.  

I'm very happy to have found a group to hear and share experiences with.

#24 dimensionk

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

Congrats, Fi bub! original.gif

WOW, 1600 is super high (they said mine was quite high at 522). Average is about 200!
ID twins are more common in IVF - maybe that's what you've got!?

EDIT: Disregard that, sorry I thought you meant 16 days past egg collection, rather than 5+16 (ie 21dpo). The self-reported median for 21dpo is 1261 at http://www.betabase.info for singles, and 2531 for twins (both can vary a lot though).

Edited by dimensionk, 07 February 2013 - 05:36 PM.

#25 dimensionk

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

Edited by dimensionk, 07 February 2013 - 03:05 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Life with anxiety

At times, I feel pretty worthless. In those moments, all I want to do is curl up into a ball and hide in the dark. I can try to quiet my mind, but it won?t shut up.

IVF leaves woman pregnant with another couple's twins

An Italian woman has been told the twins she is three months pregnant with are not hers.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

What you need for the 'fourth trimester'

In my opinion, the first three months after the birth are the most intense. Here's what got me through that time after welcoming my baby.

Weaning a toddler off a dummy: a 15-day plan

Weaning your child off the dummy can be a traumatic experience for both of you. Here are some tips to help you through.

Choosing to be a solo parent

Two women share their stories of longing for a baby so much that they each decided not to wait for a partner before becoming a mum.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Mum's heartbreak as son dies in road accident

Daly Thomas and her two young sons were walking home from church on Tuesday afternoon. Her youngest son never made it.

New Kate Spade baby bag designs

Don?t adjust your screen: this bright beauty is coming to you in full colour.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.