Clomid and OI #108

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
263 replies to this topic

#1 Forum Moderator

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

New thread time ladies. Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 Jessie_T

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:18 AM

Yahoo!!!!!! GOLD original.gif

#3 NSG

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

Silver!!

EJdonn - I think your LP sounds fine - I would start BDing from CD10 at the latest to try and catch the egg.

BrookyT - that is not boasting, it is just sharing good news! That is awesome  original.gif

I am at CD12 - no + OPK yet but I think I am still a few days away...

#4 Bazinga

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

Bronze original.gif

#5 bek_p

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

Going tww loopy got myself thinking its ok to test tomorrow when I'm only 6dpo I just had some cramping for 20 sec I've decided it's implantation yet I'm still not convinced I even ovulated

And I've decided I'm having twins

#6 ejdonn

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

bek_p - 2ww is the worst.  I recommend holding of testing, you're most likely to get a negative for 7dpo.  Got anything to occupy you for the next couple of days?  Is it possible that you're ovulating now, have you had any blood tests or scans?  Just thinking that you might want to BD just to make sure you're not missing a late ovulation.

#7 Bazinga

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

Bek hold out for a bit if you can. I got a BFP @ 11dpo on an IC.

I keep having dreams I get pregnant with twins! With all this pain I've had over the last few days I may have produced more than one mature follicle. I realised that at my final FS appt the Dr only checked my left ovary where the larger follicle was so I could have produced more than one as we increased the FSH mid cycle.

FX for you. I'll be testing on Feb 9th which is DH 30th bday but not getting my hopes up as it will be early.

#8 Poseidon768

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

lol bek sounds all to familiar to me... heh the things we torture ourselves with!

Brooooookeeeyyy - biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif will get to you in a jiffy!

Bazinga last night I had I'm already a mumma dream - an older son (around 10 to 12) who was so angry, and a little girl (around 5) who was sick sad.gif not a fun dream... but nice to 'feel' so much love towards them, be them a figment of my imagination or not.

So, er.... I might have ovulated accidentally again.... huh.gif  I'm not convinced, DH is though.  I feel like we've reversed roles laugh.gif
Good thing the very little BDing we did was right before the "suspected day"!  We've been so inactive this month..  if my temp stays nice and high tomorrow I'll secede from the No I Didn't O (NIDO) party and join the Torture Ourselves in the 2WW (TOIT-2WW) party.
It would be exciting if it did happen again on its own though.. I'm supposed to start Clomid again when we wanted to start TTC again (which will be in Feb, so this month! - WHERE DID JANUARY GO?!?! ohmy.gif ) in a few weeks.  I wonder if I'll need to.. hm... *shrug*

Still ninja.gif ing original.gif  Unfortunately I'm forgetting what was in the last thread now, sorry if I missed out on a few personals sad.gif
Take care ladies x o

#9 NSG

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

Well I had my first feint line on the OPK this morning at CD13 (very early for me), but I tested again this afternoon and nothing.... perhaps I was seeing things! Will keep on testing this evening to see if anything comes of it. In the meantime we will BD every day until it happens. Got my FS appointment tomorrow too!!

#10 Poseidon768

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (NSG @ 03/02/2013, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I had my first feint line on the OPK this morning at CD13 (very early for me), but I tested again this afternoon and nothing.... perhaps I was seeing things! Will keep on testing this evening to see if anything comes of it. In the meantime we will BD every day until it happens. Got my FS appointment tomorrow too!!

Are you checking your cervix and CM, all that jazz?  
Regardless, have fun with ze BDing wink.gif and good luck with the appointment tomorrow! Exciting! original.gif

#11 rosie28

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:33 AM

Wow, I have fallen spectacularly out of the loop! Work got a bit mental there (and might do so again this week...)

Hope everyone is going ok! I'll have to read back to see where everyone is at.

My needles are going fine now that I'm used to it - all done in under 2 minutes last night. Unfortunately my scan this morning showed not enough action, largest follicle was 5mm, although my lining is good (is it possible to just get a good lining but have trouble within follicles? Cause that's happened a couple of times now....). Dose increased to 37.5iu for the next 4 nights and another scan on Friday.

I'm a bit disappointed, but I feel SO MUCH BETTER on the Gonal-F than I did on Clomid. FS says I will respond, she just wants to be conservative with dose increases to ensure I don't over respond. I've had no side effects aside from a bit of insomnia (which I sometimes get anyway), and a mild headache this morning. Most importantly I don't feel anxious, depressed or overly emotional. For the first time in months. SO MUCH BETTER! I'm also....shall we say...enthusiastic about BD-ing. Very. Then again, that might be because my DH got home from Europe yesterday and I missed him!

#12 bek_p

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

Had a lovely time at a wedding lady night sawing good bye my mil hugs me and goes xyz is preg(girl who not long ago had said she didn't want kids) my response and I think it may of been the wine talking why would you tell me that. She goes cause your next I've already started buying you baby stuff

So I ended a lovely day all teary stupid mil don't know about u guys but I hate the your turn will come it will happen when you least expect

#13 rosie28

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

bek_p - you really do have to wonder what people are thinking, don't you!? It's really insensitive, and yet they have no idea and mean well. Don't worry about it, focus on the lovely day you had and file it in the "MIL is a twit" basket. My basket is extra large, so I know where you're coming from!

#14 ejdonn

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

Glad that you're felling better Rosie. Hopefully the increased dose will yeild bigger follicles.

Aren't MIL's just great!  My MIL asks about a second, but we've got that covered ... 'we had such trouble having DS that we're just really greatful with one at the moment'.  The 'your time will come' comment implies that you're not really trying hard to make it happen.  Fingers crossed for a good result for you this cycle.

#15 NSG

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

Well, my FS appointment was both exciting and disappointing. Basically I must have imagined that feint line on the OPK as my largest follicle (there were 2) was 9mm. FS thinks I will still ovulate but I am at least 5 days away (DB goes away on a work conference in 6 days so it will be tight!!!!!)

Anyway, I explained the weight gain etc despite not changing my exercise routine, and the bloating and my general frustration of Clomid and the FS said "ok, well we either do injections or IVF...."
I chose injections as I just don't think I am ready for IVF yet, and also we will need to save some more money. So, if I don't fall pregnant this cycle it will be on to injections for me! In the meantime both DB and I are getting more blood tests, including one to test my ovarian reserve.

Oh, and he told me that accupuncture wasn't a waste of money exactly BUT there were better things to spend my money on (like saving for IVF) if money is tight.

Hope everyone else is well :-)

#16 Poseidon768

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

rosie – that is super that the injectables aren’t giving you any nasty side effects AND the dose can be altered throughout the cycle to hurry those little eggs along in the maturation process original.gif
Things sound like they are turning out to be much more suited to your needs than ever before, so happy for you original.gif  Not to mention the giggity-giggity action, very good very good cool.gif wink.gif

hah bek - sounds almost like a movie.  Glad that everything had a happy ending original.gif

NSG - good to hear your doctor is flexible.  So when do you start with the injections?

AFM- false alarm, the higher temps were flukes.  I told DH I didn't O, it didn't make sense to me that I did.  So, I'm back on the provera/clomid bandwagon (w000).  Took my first tablet of Provera today.  It's nice to feel like I can relate to you gals again with the OI experience. I felt like an oddball with being in this group in the months I wasn't on clomid. Heh..
Anyway, good to be back! Cmoooon mini Poseidon! You can do it! Become in existence!!! >.<

#17 NSG

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

Ooh good luck Poseidon, hope the provera doesn't knock you around original.gif I am only CD15 so won't be starting injections for at least a couple of weeks. To answer your question from a previous post, I don't temp as I get up at very different times so I don't think it will work, and I have to be honest, I never see any CM changes at all. So I am pretty reliant on OPKs.

Rosie28, that is awesome about being able to adjust the dose. Fingers crossed for you!

#18 bek_p

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

so GP couldnt tell if i O'ed or not (not normal gp couldnt wait until tomorow to see her ) my Prog was 27.4 so what do ypu think did I O or was it too low i go bac fs next weds

#19 Jessie_T

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

You def o'd :)anything over 20 medicate means you have ovulated original.gif

7dpo. Positive it will be a bfn

#20 Bebe1

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

hi girls,
I was hoping for your opinion on my chart. I am not sure that I have O'ed and although I just want to relax and trust that my body will do the right thing, I just cant. I havent had the temp rise that I would expect with O'ing......
I phoned the doctor today and told her receptionist the same thing, but she hasnt called me back.
The OPK's I have entered weren't true positive, just the darkest I have ever had..... so I entered them as positive. I could change them to negative but not sure that is going to make any difference.
AS I said on Friday I had 2 X18mm follicles and my doctor said I should expect to O on Sunday.
But yeh as you can see I am not sure that has happened?
wacko.gif

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/402acc

Edited by BrookeyT, 05 February 2013 - 09:01 PM.

#21 Jessie_T

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:32 AM

I am officially hate my body. 7dpo and go to the toilet and wipe and there is fresh blood. So AF has arrived nice and early sad.gif onto the next cycle I go sad.gif no cramps either to let me know she was coming  rant.gif

#22 NSG

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

That sucks JessieTroy - I feel your pain! Apparently it is something to do with progesterone levels in my case and my FS thinks that injections will assist with that.

BrookeyT - I don't chart so I am not sure I am afraid..... but my FS has told me that you normally ovulate when your follicles are around the 25mm mark and they grow 2mm per day approx.

AFM, CD16 today and no +OPK as yet.... only a few days until DB goes on his work conference. Argh!!!!!

#23 bek_p

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

Sorry jess hope this is all over for you soon...

10dpo bfn I've given up hope this mth

#24 Bebe1

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

Sorry Jess- you poor thing x

Thanks NSG, hopefully it's all good

Edited by BrookeyT, 06 February 2013 - 09:42 AM.

#25 rosie28

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

Jessie - sorry to hear that, it sucks...take care of yourself!

NSG - that's very frustrating. There was the possibility of me being in a similar situation last cycle, which didn't eventuate because the cycle was a total bust, and it is probably the thing I have found most stressful - that I could, by some miracle, actaully ovulate, and not be able to take advantage of it! I'll be wishing and hoping for a nice positive OPK for you today!

Bek_p - you're not out yet! 27 means you ovulated, and 10DPO is early....

AFM, still jabbing away on the increased dose, 37.5iu, which is still really low. I haven't felt anything in my ovaries yet, but I'm not sure I will. I was in quite a bit of pain/discomfort the cycle I actually ovulated on Clomid, but who knows if it will be the same? I kind of wish it was, because then at least I'll know something is happening, which I find quite comforting. Still no terrible side effects to speak of, I felt a bit anxious yesterday which wasn't very nice, and  I've been a bit headachy but nothing serious. Scan on Friday, hopefully showing 1-3 nice fat follicles! Otherwise I expect them to up my dose again for another 4-5 days.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clever panda fakes pregnancy

News that a giant panda was pregnant prompted much excitement, but it appears there were never any cubs on the way.

'I survived placenta percreta'

When writing her birth plan, Simone Pavil included an item most women wouldn?t even think about: what should happen if she was put on life support. The mum had the potentially fatal condition placenta accreta.

Managing personal space as a mum

In the midst of the early parenting years, our bodies and minds can seemingly be overtaken by our offspring. How can we balance our need for personal space with the needs of our children?

'If love could have saved you, you'd have never left'

The words "spontaneous abortion" on the hospital paperwork really got to me. My baby died; I didn't spontaneously decide to abort him.

15 classic Aussie ads

Watch some of the classic Australian ads of the 80s, 90s and 00s, and remember the catchphrases and jingles we all used to know so well ...

For and against

Should Blue Ivy have been at the VMAs?

Many were quick to condemn Beyonce and Jay Z after appearing on stage at the MTV Video Music Awards with their two-year-old daughter, but others thought it was a sweet family moment. What do you think?

Toddler attacked at gym creche

Two-year-old girl Eva Ness was left with a black eye and bite marks on her face and body after an altercation with an older child at a health club's child-minding facilities. Now her parents are calling for the centre to be closed.

Pregnancy a tricky matter of timing for FIFO couples

Manipulating rosters, coordinating 'conjugal' visits, working on site with your partner; getting pregnant can prove stressful for FIFO workers.

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

Carseats have twice as many germs as a toilet

Most parents know their child's carseat is not always squeaky clean, but they might not realise just how dirty it really is.

Doctors remove foetus from 'medical marvel' after 36 years

Doctors in India have removed the skeleton of a foetus that had been inside a woman for 36 years.

Nine months in six seconds: new parents' Vine clip a hit

We?ve seen some memorable time-lapse pregnancy and birth announcement videos before. Now one new couple has taken it to the extreme, capturing it all in just a six-second Vine video.

Sonia Kruger speaks of baby joy

Celebrity mum-to-be Sonia Kruger has spoken candidly about using donor eggs and IVF to fall pregnant at age 48.

Dressing to not impress: life through the eyes of a three-year-old

When it comes to getting dressed, my three-year-old has only one criterion: ?I don?t want to look beautiful.? And now I've worked out why.

Special nappies made with love for angel babies

Angel Baby Nappies make and provide tiny bereavement cloth nappies for pre-term stillborn babies and premature babies who pass away in the NICU.

Inside the brain of a tantruming toddler

What's going on in your child's mind in the lead-up to a tantrum? And what?s the best way to respond?

5 secrets to a long-lasting relationship

When it comes to keeping your relationship strong, it?s what you do - and not what you want - that really matters.

When 'furbabies' meet real babies

I am obsessed with my dogs, and can't imagine loving them any less once my baby arrives. But that doesn't stop everyone from telling me I will.

The least popular baby names of 2013

Looking for a baby name that?s nowhere near the top 10 ? or even the top 1000? Try the bottom five.

'I was so sleep deprived I crashed my car'

There are no laws regulating driving while tired, but statistics show that driver fatigue is one of the top three contributors to the road toll.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Do you suffer from Precious Firstborn Syndrome?

Testing ?no more tears? shampoo in your own eyes, warming cucumber sticks so they're not cold straight from the fridge, waking a sleeping baby to check they?re still breathing: these are all symptoms of Precious Firstborn Syndrome.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

Mums hit hardest as flu cases skyrocket

The number of confirmed cases of influenza in Australia has doubled the number for the same time last year - and women are 25 per cent more likely to get it.

The mum who had four babies in nine months

Feeling exhausted due to the demands of caring for a baby? Imagine the life of this mum, who gave birth to three boys and one girl in just nine months.

Everything baby at Big W

Lowest prices on everything baby, only at Big W. Sale starts August 4 and ends August 20 2014.

Going viral

Outrage over baby's icy challenge

A man has been reported to child protective services after taking the ALS ice bucket challenge with his 10-month-old granddaughter.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.