Low Ovarian Reserve #22

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
100 replies to this topic

#1 Forum Moderator

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

New thread time ladies. Here's the link to your old thread.
Cheers, ~Mintie~

#2 Primadonna girl

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

Hi ladies,

I am going crazy and just need some advice! It's been 8 days since transfer of day 3 embryo. Yesterday and today I have cramping and lower back pain like when I have my period. There is no blood, but i'm so worried AF will come although it's too early for that, isn't it? I'm not sure if AF would come 14 days after EPU or ET.

I've looked online and many women says they felt this way the week before a BFP and I'm just hoping i'm one of them! Every time I feel discharge (sorry TMI!) i'm scared it's AF. Any ladies here that can share their experience?

Hope you're all doing well, I'm just anxious, crazy and over the waiting game!

#3 kylielouise

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

Primadonna I'm having cramping and have really sore and tender breasts, to the point where I could cry. I also had a discharge today. I'm day 5 after a 5 day transfer. Can't decide what it is but fearing the worst ( AF ).

My DH is trying to reassure me but its playing on my mind. I wish I just knew definitively one way or the other. Google has peoples experiences as both ways .... I don't know what to think and fear the worst....this is crappy!

Good luck though, fingers crossed for you

X

#4 SaintJoe

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

Well girls they are all positive signs!

However, TRY not to analyse your symptoms too much. There have been many times I have convinced myself that it was finally happening only to be disappointed.

I truly hope within a few days you both get that bfp.

#5 146 Lucina

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

Oh girls, the dreaded head screws of the tww!   bbighug.gif I hope it goes quickly for you.

I would try to ignore all the symptoms ATM. All the luteal phase support drugs you would be on is probably playing havoc with you. I remember not knowing what was real and what was the progesterone and pregnyl.

I'm keeping everything crossed for you for both, that there will be good news soon.

Hi Everyone,

Luci...

#6 Gordo's Girl

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

The TWW sucks doesn't it?  As everyone else says, try not to read too much into it, as your mind starts playing tricks with you then.  If you are on crinone or pregnyl or any other support they can all mimic pregnancy and AF symptoms .... it's all so confusing.

I have everything crossed for you though.  What dates are your tests Primadonna and Kylie?

x GG

#7 Primadonna girl

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

Hi girls!

Thanks for the advice, the minutes seem like hours during the 2ww! I have had 3 days of bearable cramping and lower back pain and yesterday I felt nauseous. It was crap but nothing compared to last night. I was woken by bad lower back pain and it took me ages to finally get back to sleep. Then I woke up again to severe cramping like i've never felt before. was sure AF had started and went to the bathroom but no blood. I was in so much pain and am so scared this is all going really bad.

I have BT on Thursday and have been thinking about POAS on Wednesday but not sure if I should. This is all so crap, I only hope it's worth it in the end!

Kylielouise I really hope you're not suffering this much!

#8 Gordo's Girl

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

Causeway - for some reason I can't message you.  But to answer questions about the Royal Jelly, I'm taking one from a health shop, it's organic lyophilised capsules - they are 184mg (equivalent to 550mg fresh royal jelly) - and I'm just taking two each morning.

x GG

#9 146 Lucina

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

causeway, GG, - (Just for info) my royal jelly is from natures goodness. 1000mg x 1 capsule per day. It just keeps the number of tablets down a bit.

P.S. Ladies, What CoQ10 are you using. I just changed to ethical nutrients, hoping its better.

Edited by 146 Lucina, 04 February 2013 - 07:52 PM.

#10 kylielouise

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

Hi primadonna! I have a lower tummy pain on both sides that is uncomfortable, for instance when I tie my shoes I need to hold my tummy etc. Sitting in certain positions also creates cramps in lower tummy.
I have BT Friday. I POAS this morning, negative. I know it is probably to early but couldn't distract myself, felt the need to. I at least feel now other news will be exciting and if its negative at least I won't have quite the shock...probably makes no sense...
I felt really connected for 4 days but a bit more distant now. Not sure if this is significant.
Can anyone tell me, will I have spotting or any other telltale sign if the bub hasn't stuck?

#11 Primadonna girl

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

Hi Kylielouise,

I understand how you feel about POAS before BT to get yourself ready for the worst. It's easy to get caught up in the excitement and after such a long journey and 2ww, getting a negative result over the phone would be devastating. There have been times where I thought I must be pregnant and was positive and then I had really bad pains and started to think that I wasn't as something had to be wrong.

Having said that I POAS this morning at 10dpt3dt as I couldn't take the waiting anymore and I have a definite faint second line! I don't want to get too excited yet as it could still be a chemical pregnancy and that would be devastating to find out too. But, at least I feel better about suffering through the pain!

Women seem to react totally differently and some women spot for a whole week before a BFP, so there really doesn't seem to be a pattern from what i've read. Maybe some of the other girls on here that have more experience can give you more information though.

Thinking of you!

#12 kylielouise

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

Hi primadonna,

That sounds really promising for you! How exciting, I have my fingers crossed for you. I POAS 7dp5dt. Our total days are only 1 day off so I dont hold much hope. I'm still massively bloated, hard tummy and a pressure pain on my bladder when I sit. I need to lean back to relieve the pain. Breasts still sore but not quite so bad.
TBH I'm not sure what to think anymore. Friday can't come quick enough. My backup plan ATM is that we have enough money to have another try in march if need be. I'm still not defeated just so unsure. Everyday I say goodmorning to bub just incase and tell them how much they are wanted...good thoughts, good thoughts. Still no spotting or anything so there is hope.

X

Edited by kylielouise, 05 February 2013 - 06:48 PM.

#13 146 Lucina

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

Kylielouise, - it's still early days, don't lose hope. Some people don't get a second line until later.

Primadonna, - I'm getting quietly excited for you. Good luck.

hands.gif

#14 kylielouise

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

Ok so I hyper stimulated today and ended up in hospital. Felt terrible wasn't sure what was wrong. Was actually relieved to find out. Feel better now and am at home.

The good news though is *whispers* its positive. Early days and I don't want to Jinx myself but hopefully I'll stay intact with my sticky! Very happy but very cautious also. BT still scheduled for Friday to recheck levels have risen further....please God, please.

Hope everyone else going well. Good luck primadonna for tomoz and thanks Luci for the words of encouragement

X

#15 Primadonna girl

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

Hope you're ok Kylielouise, must have been scary! On the plus side, you got to test early and now have some hope! I have been a nervous wreck today worried about tomorrow's outcome. I am hoping and praying that there is a little miracle fighting to stay with me.

Any news from the other ladies starting stims? How are you all going? My thoughts are with you on this tough journey!

#16 146 Lucina

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

Primadonna, - Good luck today. Am thinking of you.  original.gif

Sorry just read your post Kylieloise, - Ooooh, am quietly very excited for you. Hyperstimming now is a good sign of pregnancy. Hoping for a great beta result for you tomorrow. Can't wait to hear.  wink.gif

Edited by 146 Lucina, 07 February 2013 - 10:39 AM.

#17 Primadonna girl

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

Hi girls,

Thanks for all the good luck wishes, I needed them! Such a nerve wrecking day waiting by the phone to see what was going on. Well, I am very pregnant! HCG is 488 and progesterone 397! No need for pessaries as the doctor is really happy with my progesterone, so that is great too!

Still want to be cautious until the first 3 months are over, but I cried and cried from happiness and relief after all the stress.

I will summarise my journey to give hope to the other girls who are disheartened at the moment:

- Me: 33 and DH: 35
- AMH of 1.1
- DH has excellent Sperm numbers, morphology and motility
- IVF #1: antagonistic cycle with nordette pill, lucrin and 300 Gonal F
- 7 follicles in u/s with oestrogen to support them.
- Only 3 eggs in EPU
- All 3 eggs fertilised and 1x7 cell for 3dt
- Other 2 eggs didn't grow, so none to freeze
- BFP!

#18 Gordo's Girl

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

Yay Yay Yay!  Such exciting news in here today.  Well done Kylie and Primadonna!  Fingers crossed you both have an uneventful next 8 months.  

Good start to the year in this group .... let's hope it continues!

x GG

#19 kylielouise

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

Excellent job primadonna. Very exciting!! What a great day for you and your family.

Your levels are great as well!
Xx

#20 Donnyz

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

Hi everyone.
Hope you are all doing well.
Primadonna girl - congratulations. That news is very exciting for you and definitely provides hope for us. Hope the next 8 months is smooth sailing for you!
Kylielouise - good luck on your test tomorrow. Hope it is a BFP for you!!!
AFM - my collection went ahead on Tuesday, with 6 eggs retrieved. I was very very excited about this number and have to admit that I got a bit ahead of myself. Found out yesterday that only 2 fertilised as 4 of the eggs were immature. Today I find out that both fertilised eggs stopped developing overnight rant.gif  cry1.gif  cry1.gif
I spoke to my FS who recommended we move away from antagonist and try a long down reg cycle. I thought that this type of cycle produces less eggs and is not suited to low amh ladies. Has anyone has improved response with quality or quantity on a long down reg?
Sorry for the rant, but I have only just got on this IVF roller coaster and today has been just horrible....

#21 Primadonna girl

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the congrats! I still can't believe it!

Just picked up on an error I wrote after reading Donnyz' s message. I did a Long Down Regulation Cycle, not an Antagonist, so there is hope Donnyz! I only got 3 eggs, but they all fertilised and 1 good one stuck!

Good luck for tomorrow Kylielouise! Fingers, toes, arms, legs and eyes crossed!

#22 Gordo's Girl

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

Donnyz, sorry to hear about your eggs not playing the game.  It's so disappointing to be on a high with a good egg haul, and then to not have anything to transfer just sucks.  I hope you are looking after yourself and there's some nice chocolate and bottle of red in your house.

**** pregnancy mentioned ****

I did a long down reg for my very first cycle (before I knew my AMH was <1), it got cancelled due to my poor response - at the time I had 3 follies, had I known then what I know now, that would have been a great haul for me and being 35 at the time I should have not let the FS tell me it was all over and "I could do better than that".  

Since then I've done antagonist cycles, and the last one was a flare cycle.  My only success has been with the antagonist, however remember we are all different.

All I can say is that with our low AMH levels, we have to remember that it's all about quality, not quantity.  My DD was the result of a cycle with one lonely follie, producing one little egg.  I'm sure that good egg was down to the CoQ10, royal jelly, and just generally being fit and healthy.  Shame I'm not fit and healthy now ... but that's another story!!

Wishing you lots of luck with the next round.

x GG

#23 kylielouise

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

Sorry to hear your news donnyz. I don't know enough to help you at all. Look after yourself though. Sending u hugs. Xx

Not to be insensitive though my levels have trippled in 2 days so all looking great. Booked ultrasound for 3 weeks time to ensure its not chemical. Fingers still crossed!

#24 Gordo's Girl

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

Great news Kylie ... congratulations!

#25 Primadonna girl

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

Congrats Kylielouise! Looks promising, hope all goes well for you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recall: Another cot deemed unsafe

Parents are being warned to check their baby's cot is not one of those which have been recalled in recent weeks due to safety concerns.

The truth about breastfeeding and weightloss

Celebrities often state that their post-baby weight loss is down to breastfeeding, and breastfeeding alone. But that's not the reality for all women.

10 weird things little kids do

Most kids have their own personal brand of oddity. It's usually nothing to worry about, but every now and again you might find yourself scratching your head and asking, ?Really? Is that really a thing??

The app that helps detect signs of autism

Parents can assess their children's progress at critical developmental stages, thanks to this new app.

Long battle to learn the truth about Ariana's birth

Cerise and Tim Lawn spent two years fighting to find out how a healthy pregnancy turned into a nightmare birth, and why their daughter now suffers from disabilities she shouldn't have.

Christina Aguilera announces daughter's name

Christina Aguilera and her fiance, Matt Rutler, have welcomed their daughter into the world.

Couple caught in surrogacy crackdown

An Australian couple caught up in Thailand's surrogacy crackdown have said many parents are distraught and facing dire financial difficulties as are they are unable to bring their surrogate-born babies home.

'Tired' mum dies of undiagnosed diabetes

New mum Nicky Rigby thought her exhaustion was due to the demands of looking after her baby. But the 26-year-old was seriously ill with diabetes, and died due to her condition not being diagnosed.

5 co-sleeping myths busted

In case you are co-sleeping with your baby, and all the ?helpful? advice from others is sending you down the slippery slope of self-doubt, let?s bust a few myths on the topic.

When pregnancy takes you down memory lane

One mum-to-be discovers pregnancy hormones can give rise to some surprising emotions.

What?s your love language?

The secret to making your partner feel special is to know which language of love they favour ? and it?s the same for your kids, too.

Returning to exercise after a caesarean

I had my daughter four months ago via caesarean, and I want to get back into exercise. What are some good first steps I can take?

20 signs of a great relationship

The secret to a perfect relationship is admitting you are wrong after an argument, five kisses a day and sex twice a week, a new survey suggests.

Video: emotional 60-second Robin Williams tribute

Take a minute to remember some of the greatest films of your childhood ... and have a few tissues close at hand.

The realities of escaping domestic violence

?Why doesn?t she just leave?? is the common question people ask when trying to understand domestic violence. For many, leaving the relationship is far from straightforward.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Do you suffer from Precious Firstborn Syndrome?

Testing ?no more tears? shampoo in your own eyes, warming cucumber sticks so they're not cold straight from the fridge, waking a sleeping baby to check they?re still breathing: these are all symptoms of Precious Firstborn Syndrome.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

Mums hit hardest as flu cases skyrocket

The number of confirmed cases of influenza in Australia has doubled the number for the same time last year - and women are 25 per cent more likely to get it.

The mum who had four babies in nine months

Feeling exhausted due to the demands of caring for a baby? Imagine the life of this mum, who gave birth to three boys and one girl in just nine months.

Everything baby at Big W

Lowest prices on everything baby, only at Big W. Sale starts August 4 and ends August 20 2014.

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

Mum gives birth at school

Whether they're out of favour traditional names, or the parents were a little creative, here are the least popular names of 2013.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.