Feb 2ww

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
180 replies to this topic

#1 Forum Moderator

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

Good luck ladies, I hope this is your month.
Cheers,~Mintie~

#2 Lillifee

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

GOLD!!
Omg I have never done that before :-)
Well my 2 embies are hanging on, I was booked in for a day 3 transfer today as they didn't think they would make it to day 5, however I got a call early this morning saying they were both looking good and want to go ahead to day 5. Aghh the emotional rollercoaster continues...

#3 MsMooMoo

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

So I guess we stop the jan 2ww and move over here?

Great news lillifee!! One thing this process has told me is that anything can happen. So when is your ET?

5 days to go until my BT. I've already been told results won't be until the next day. Still contemplating POAS earlier.

#4 Cuddlesnkisses

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

Bronze:)

Great news lillifee, fx the look great at 5 days.  Will you put in one or two?

MsMoo, POAS, I hate waiting and always check early.  I check at day 12.  I've got 6 days to go....

#5 Lillifee

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

Wow not long till testing time for you both (must seem like an eternity for you though). Did you both do ivf? (I'm sorry I got a bit lost in the last thread joining so late).
I assume you are on crinone if you poas? I have never had the guts to test early. I do every other month but I'm always too scared on a AC month, and prefer not to burst the bubble of hope too early!! Stupid I know!
My transfer will be Monday afternoon I think, won't get exact time till tomorrow though. I'm not sure if I would transfer both, generally my clinic only transfers 1 unless they are bad (on my 1st ivf cycle I only for two poor morulas on day 5 and they suggested transferring both then as they won't survive to freeze.) I guess I will wait and see what the FS recommends on Monday. I hadn't thought too much about it till my dh asked me this morning!
On another subject this weather in Sydney sucks today, I'm curled up in bed as its like 15 degrees outside, where is summer?

#6 Sparky10

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

Hi Ladies. Can I join this group too please? I've been stalking for awhile but think it's about time I join in.

I'm doing my first FET towards the end this month (AF due this week). So far I've done 4 stim cycles. We are doing PGD for a balanced translocation but unfortunately we have yet to find a normal embryo. We do however have 2 frosties which made it to day 6 but which they couldn't test. My FS tells me there is a 50/50 chance they are normal so since I can't face another stim cycle right now I am going to risk it and try transferring them (one at a time) and praying at least one is healthy and sticky! I'm excited to finally be transferring an embryo after almost a year of IVF but am really nervous that even if I get a BFP it will end in miscarriage. But I'm going to try and take one step at a time and aim towards the BFP first so would love to join you ladies in the quest.....

Lillifee - I just wanted to say that we had a similar situation with our last stim cycle. We got 7 eggs but only 2 fertilised. I was devastated as we have had between 75%-100% fertilisation in the past but I guess every cycle is different. Anyway I spent the next 5 days super stressed that we'd end up with nothing but they both made it to day 6 embryos (my embryos are never good enough on day 5) so there is definitely hope for you. The fact that they look good on day 3 is very reassuring. Best of luck.

Good luck to those of you testing soon. I'll do personals as I get to know you better. Let's hope Feb is a great month for us all

#7 MsMooMoo

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

Lilli- yes this is my 2nd ivf cycle. My first try was last year and out of 5 eggs I got 1 that I could transfer. This time I got 9 eggs, 1 in me now and 3 frosties. So a much better outcome.
I also cut out caffeine and did acupuncture to support.
I'm now on progynova tablets and crinone. It's all catching up with me, had a 3 hour nap today!!

Cuddles, yeah I probably will POAS on mon/tues.

Welcome sparky, i have found this forum really helpful so hope you do too. When is your transfer?

#8 Sparky10

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:44 AM

Thanks MsMooMoo.

I'm not sure of my transfer date yet. AF is due in the next few days so I guess in around 3 weeks time. There is so much waiting around with IVF. Drives me mental!

#9 Three Of Hearts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

Hi Ladies!!

I'm on CD5 of my first ever stim cycle.  Been jabbing the Gonal F and tomorrow start Orgalutran as well.  First blood test/US is next Friday.  All going well so far apart from last nights injection being an ouchy one! And having a nasty headache all day yesterday.

Lillifee I'm in Vic but we're having the same issue here.  I spent half the day curled up on the couch with a doona I was that cold.  Hello Summer?!?!

Sending lots of good luck to everyone!!

#10 Lillifee

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

Hi ladies and welcome sparky and Allie!
Allie, how are you going with you first cycle? I was so nervous as I had no idea what to expect. Do you have any monitoring before Friday? I had to have ultrasounds in day 6, 8 and 10 and it really drove me nuts!!
Sparky I hope a FET is the way to go for you. Fingers crossed. Is it a medicated or natural cycle?
Msmoomoo do you think you will test tomorrow? How are you feeling?
Well I'm booked in for transfer tomorrow arvo, I'm hoping to get an acupuncture session in before and after but I'm not sure if they have an appointments left. I guess I'll find out in the morning. I did leave a message but they didn't call back before they closed for the day today.
I hope you have all enjoyed you weekend.

#11 Three Of Hearts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (Lillifee @ 03/02/2013, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Allie, how are you going with you first cycle? I was so nervous as I had no idea what to expect. Do you have any monitoring before Friday? I had to have ultrasounds in day 6, 8 and 10 and it really drove me nuts!!

I'm doing ok with it all so far.  Not looking forward to starting the Orgalutran injections in the morning as I hear they sting like a b**ch!!  Luckily I don't have an US until day 10 as I live 40 mins from there so it would drive me nuts if I had to go in every second day!!
Good luck with your transfer tomorrow!!

#12 Sparky10

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

Hi Ladies

I'm doing a natural FET. My cycles have always been very regular (my issue is rubbish eggs) so hopefully natural works for me.

Alllie D - I did Orgalutran for the first time with my last cycle (my clinic usually uses Cetrotide but had run out). Can't say it was my favourite needle but if you jab it in quickly (and with a bit of force) I found it was fine.

Lillifee - good luck with your transfer tomorrow. My acupuncturist thinks it's important to have a session after the transfer but thinks having one beforehand isn't necessary. I'm sure they will schedule you in given your having a transfer.

Ms Moo Moo - good luck with your testing. Fingers crossed.

#13 Fi_80

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

Hi Ladies

Do you mind if I join? I'm at the end of my first IVF cycle with the test this Tuesday on 5/2. It's gone pretty well overall. We had 14 follicles and 11 eggs collected, 2 were immature, 2 fertilised abnormally and 7 fertilised normally. Of those 7, 3 made it to blast and one was transferred and the other 2 frozen.

Its been a hard waiting process but we're almost there now original.gif I've had a bit of cramping but I'm not sure if its related to the crinone. I was very bloated until the last day or so, I'm worried that being less bloated is a bad sign, does anyone know?

Wishing everyone all the best for their cycles! original.gif

#14 MsMooMoo

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

Hi Allie and fi, welcome! Allie I found the best way to give my injections was to really numb the spot first with a cold pack. Then the orgalutran didn't hurt at all. It is a bigger needle than puregon pen, but you will get the hang of it

Fi, do you mean you blood test this tues?  Good luck !!

AFM... I caved and POAS this afternoon. And got a BFP. I'm trying not to get too excited in case it's still the ovidrel shot (14 days ago) of a chemical but I'm still a little dazed by the result! It's a nice strong line too... So hoping and praying it sticks.

As a reminder I am currently 8dp5dt.

#15 STL

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

Miss Moo Moo - How exciting. Surely 14 days is long enough for the ovidrel to be gone and even if it hadn't you would only expect a faintish line from it by now!!

That sounds like a positive to me.  Fx that the line keeps getting stronger for you.

Big hugs!!

#16 aidensmum

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

MsMoo - sounds promising. My last stim cycle I had a faint line 7DPT and it was barely there 8DPT. I'd had HCG booster shots day before 5day transfer and 3 days after transfer. My beta was 9DPT and test was negative. So trigger plus boosters were out of my system by 9DPT and clinic were ok to test then without risking false positives.

Your beta is Thurs right?

#17 Lillifee

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

Mrsmoo, I'm going to take a bet that it is a real bfp!! You have been on crinone haven't you? So the only hcg was the trigger which will surely be gone by now. So CONGRATULATIONS!! Yayayay!!Great way to start the Feb2ww thread :-).
Welcome Fi, wow not long till you test either? Have you been tempted to poas?

#18 Cuddlesnkisses

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

MsMoomoo sounds good, trigger shou,d definatley be out of you system.  Do it again tomorrow and see if it's darker.  How much ovidrel was it? I had 1 pen which I think is 250?

Fi-80 when can you test?

Lillifee, good luck with tomorrows transfer. Hope that embie digs in deep and stays put.

Ive got symptoms coming out of my ears but it's probably all compliments of crinone. Sore boobs started yesterday and they are gradually getting worse, headaches, tired, really snappy, cramps :/

How are all the pregnant mumma's feeling?

#19 aidensmum

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

Lillifee- all the best for your transfer tomorrow.

Ali, Sparky and Fi-80 - Welcome. Good luck for your test on Tues Fi-80.

AFM - PG mentioned.
Still hanging in there. Still stunned to have natural conception during a break. Have scan on the 15th. Cramps went away on Friday which was such a relief as I am so worried about it being another chem pregnancy. Think I'm 5 to 5.5 weeks now.

Adele

#20 Sparky10

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:21 AM

Congratulations Ms Moo Moo!!! That does sound very promising. What an exciting way to start the Feb thread  biggrin.gif

#21 MsMooMoo

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

As I still don't believe it, I did another POAS this morning with a different brand (lucky I had a few left over from last cycle).  Anyway this one was not an 'early response' and I got another BFP.  

Trying not to get too excited as I really should wait until my beta test, but at least I'm not feeling so down anymore.  I had a rough weekend as I felt crampy and a migraine was hovering, which is why I took the test - to see whether I would just risk taking the heavy migraine meds.  These BFPs have given me some confidence.

I did have a friend who had 2 BFP home tests but then had a BFN blood test - chemical preg - so I am still wary.  

How is everyone else going?  Tomorrow looks like we have two milestones if I've read this thread correctly - a BT and an ET??

Aidensmum - when is your next checkup?

#22 aidensmum

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

MsMoo- Are you going to ring and try to get your test brought forward or, wait patiently?  If it were me, I'd wait and do another HPT on Wed for peace of mind and hold out till Thurs.  If you have success after the 2WW you then have a 3WW until a scan, and I think its worse than the 2WW.  If you can hold off you would shorten it by a few days.  I'm with you on the migraine front.  Trying to stay hydrated to keep them away.  

I've got no more testing until scan on the 15th.

#23 Three Of Hearts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (Sparky10 @ 03/02/2013, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alllie D - I did Orgalutran for the first time with my last cycle (my clinic usually uses Cetrotide but had run out). Can't say it was my favourite needle but if you jab it in quickly (and with a bit of force) I found it was fine.

Took me 3 goes to get the bloody thing to go in!  I'd get the courage up and jab and it would just bounce back at me! roll2.gif  It didn't hurt going in like I'd been warned, but about 5 minutes later when the ice wore off I was thinking 'ouch I can feel that one!'.

QUOTE (MsMooMoo @ 03/02/2013, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Allie and fi, welcome! Allie I found the best way to give my injections was to really numb the spot first with a cold pack. Then the orgalutran didn't hurt at all. It is a bigger needle than puregon pen, but you will get the hang of it

I used a bag of peas this morning.  My first gonal injection I used an ice pack (forgot to cover it with a towel) and I actually welted up my skin with frost bite!  Oops!  That was more painful than the needle ddoh.gif  When is your BT?!  All sounds very very promising for you and I will be keeping fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you!!

#24 Lillifee

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

Mrsmoo, that sounds very promising :-) Everything is crossed for you!
Allie, the first one is the hardest, you'll be an expert before you know it!
I'm about to leave for my transfer now. I'm sooo nervous, I hope the embys are ok... I luckily got in to have an acupuncture session before and after so hopefully that'll help relax me....

#25 MsMooMoo

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

thanks Allie - I'm laughing at the 'eyes crossed' comment!  Yes the orgalutran is a b*tch of a needle but you will get used to it.  I remember having the exact same problem during my first cycle (bounce back) because we are so tentative with the needle... and the puregon pen needle is so tiny and easy in comparison.  So you don't worry, the ovidrel (if that's your trigger) is also a pen, much like the puregon so not too bad.  BTW I'm assuming you're on puregon original.gif

Lilli - good luck today and thinking of you.  Hope you can kick back and relax after the transfer - I know it isn't essential but I had a DVD day (can't hurt).  then welcome to the 2WW of eternity

aidensmum- - OMG now a 3WW?  I've honestly never thought past the 2WW to think of even more waiting.... ARGH.  I just have to get to my BT on thurs (results Fri, more waiting).  I will probably keep my last HPT and do it tomorrow or Wed (if I can hold out).  This is getting ridiculous.  original.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Ambulance service under fire: baby seats to go, response times 'worse than ever'

The NSW Ambulance Service is removing child-safety seats from ambulances, while the Victorian service is facing criticism over lengthy response times following the death of a three-year-old.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Is e-reading to your toddler story time or just screen time?

When reading increasingly means swiping pages on a device, and we're advised to read to their children early and often, should parents be turning to e-readers for storytime?

Community mourns inspiring young dad

A young dad who fought a five-year battle with cancer has been remembered for his inspiring legacy at a funeral service attended by hundreds of family and friends this week.

Meningococcal kills Queensland toddler

Public health authorities say the death of a toddler in north Queensland from meningococcal disease highlights the danger the illness poses.

Nicole Kidman: 'I hope every month that I'm pregnant'

Nicole Kidman is hoping to add to her family, but says she's doubtful it will happen.

Recall: Aldi Wooden London Bus play set

Aldi has announced a recall of their popular Wooden London Bus play set.

Great gift ideas for first birthdays

From soft toys to balance bikes, here are some great ideas for first birthday gifts.

Mum learnt she was pregnant hours before giving birth

Kim Walsh arrived at the doctor with abdominal cramps. Hours later, she was cradling the baby experts told her she could never have.

How cancer has made me a better, happier person

I'm a far better person post-cancer than I ever was before. The goal now is to stay around long enough to find out who I can become, and what I can achieve.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

Student shocked by surprise baby

Kate Hudson, 22, was on a dream European holiday with friends. She didn't realise she was about to become a mum.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.