Passport name change
not following a wedding or death

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sir_mix-a-lot

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

I need to renew my passport. Is it possible for me to leave my middle name off my new passport? I hate my middle name, so I avoid using it wherever possible. It's not on my driver licence, credit card, bank account etc. But it is on my current passport.

Looking at the passports website, it looks like I can only do this following an official name change with Births, Deaths and Marriages. I'd prefer not to do that. But I know of two people who had their first passports issued in a different name - one has the name in her passport as Fran (real name Frances) and the other has his name as Luke (real name Lucas). I know Fran has since renewed her passport as Fran.

Has anyone changed the name on an Australian passport on renewal like I'm hoping to? Is there hope for me? My last name is extremely unique so there's no risk of confusing me for anyone else in the world.

TIA  original.gif

#2 smithsholidayroad

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

I just did a passport today. I had to bring current passport and birth certificate to cross reference on new application.

I would assume you would have to have s birth cert with name change before it was allowed on passport.

Bron

#3 bluedragon

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

I would think that if you would need to have an official change of name certificate or amended birth certificate (with the change noted) to change a name on a renewal.

#4 MrsLexiK

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

No you need to do an official change of name which in Vic means handing in all birth certificates Etc and they issue you with a new one. You then need to fill out the form in full and go through it like you have never had a passport

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mum's video nails our hilarious ideals before having a baby

Remember what a perfect parent you used to be - you know, before you had kids? Then you had a baby.

Toddler uses potty in the middle of a pub

... and people were not happy about it.

What to expect when you're not expecting: a man's view

Why have I written all this? Because if you want a kid and it's a struggle then you often don't have a lot of places to go.

Mum praises ex who 'doesn't pay a dime' in child support

For many families, co-parenting successfully following separation or divorce is no easy task.

When you have a post-pregnancy body - but no baby

When pregnancy wreaks havoc on a mother's body it is considered "worth it" because of the resulting beautiful baby. But what if there is no baby?

Want a peaceful newborn? Sing lullabies to your belly

If you're in nesting mode getting ready to welcome a new baby, along with finding the right pram and stocking up on newborn nappies, scientists have discovered one more thing to add to your to-do list.

Confessions of an exhausted mum

Have you ever forgotten your baby's name, driven off with a coffee on the roof of your car or fallen asleep in the toilet? Maybe you are as tired as these exhausted mums.

You've brought your baby home - now what?

Here are some of the common 'new' things you'll experience in the first month and half of being home with your bub. (SPONSORED)

This couple's guide to sex in pregnancy is all too real

If you've ever tried to enjoy some sexy time with your significant other while pregnant, you'll know that pregnancy sex comes with its own unique set of challenges.

9 things I wish I'd known before I had a caesarean

Most would agree that a c-section isn't the way we want our babies to enter this world but sometimes we don't get to choose.

A whopping 90 per cent of mums feel lonely

A survey has found more than 90 per cent of mums admit to feeling lonely since having children, and many of us suffer in silence rather than talk about it.

Dads are not babysitters, and we need to stop calling them that

What do we mean when we ask if the dads are babysitting? What are we actually implying?

8 games to play with your toddler when you're all played out

If you're all played out but your child isn't, and you don't want to resort to TV, it's okay to cheat.

'This is what it takes to turn a child into a person'

We've all been there. That moment when your toddler throws an epic tantrum in public and you have to do the emergency exit.

6 things all new mums worry about - and how to feel better about them

Motherhood: it's both the best and the hardest thing in the world. (SPONSORED)

The cinema adding playgrounds in theatres to keep kids happy

It's hard for young children to sit still for two hours, and that can turn a trip to the movies into an ordeal for parents. So what if the solution were to let the kids play at the cinema?

Is there a test your child can take before getting vaccinated?

One Nation leader Pauline Hanson has suggested there are tests available to see if children will have an adverse reaction to vaccinations. Here's the truth.

Doting dad invents a baby bionic arm for his son

Ben Ryan locked himself in his shed for weeks after his baby son's arm was amputated. He emerged with a stunning invention.

Chrissy Teigen opens up about her PND

Chrissy Teigen is refreshingly honest about parenting, but the model has kept her postnatal depression diagnosis and treatment private until now.

Got a baby girl? This glue has been designed for you

If you're worried nobody can tell if your bald baby is a girl or a boy, Girlie Glue will solve that problem for you.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Win 1 of 10 awesome Peppa Pig prize packs

Who loves Peppa? We have 10 packs to give away - including family passes to see the brand new movie, in cinemas March 16!

Essential Baby & Toddler Show, presented by Blackmores

28th - 30th April, 2017, Melbourne Royal Exhibition Building, Carlton. Get your FREE ticket now. Save $20.

Free ticket offer

Essential Baby & Toddler Show, presented by Blackmores

28th - 30th April, 2017, Melbourne Royal Exhibition Building, Carlton. Get your FREE ticket now. Save $20.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.