Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 FeralHez

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Gold original.gif

Very sorry to hear your news pecking bird, please take care.

We have an ant problem too, I think it's the weather we've been having (coupled with the scraps dh has been leaving on the bench sick.gif

We decided last night to delay our kitchen Reno so we could keep more of a buffer in the bank. Bit disappointed but if we went ahead the end of the year would have been way too tight for my comfort.

Gold original.gif

Very sorry to hear your news pecking bird, please take care.

We have an ant problem too, I think it's the weather we've been having (coupled with the scraps dh has been leaving on the bench sick.gif

We decided last night to delay our kitchen Reno so we could keep more of a buffer in the bank. Bit disappointed but if we went ahead the end of the year would have been way too tight for my comfort.

#3 Lissome

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

SIlver!

Sorry to hear the news Peckingbird..

I'm trucking along slowly, 9 weeks 4 days today. No real morning sickness still, not really feeling anything! If I hadn't already had a scan and seen the little peanut I'd find it hard to believe i'm pregnant! The only real symptom is my poor bleeding gums!! Anyone else having this? I've always had problems with my gums, used to have peridontal disease but have had it under control for some time. So i am SUPER vigilant with my dental hygiene so it's distressing me to have such red and inflamed gums. I've googled it and it seems common, but i've booked into to see my dentist for a clean anyway.

Waterdragon: 12 week scans, I'm having mine as a public patient at the RHW in Randwick, Sydney and it costs $80. I'm pretty pleased with that. I think the bloods cost 80 as well.... My dating scan was done at a private place but they have an arrangement with my GP so it was bulk billed, yay!

Congrats to everyone!! I'm finding it hard to keep up with everyone, so I keep tending to lurk and not write but I'm trying to snap out of it.

Anyone else in Sydney?

#4 theweehaggis

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

bronze!!

finally remembered my password so i could log in... have been watching as a guest though lol.

Sorry to hear your news peckingbird... keep positive.. it will happen. x

AFM.. finally have my initial doc appointment tomorrow morning... im guessing im 8/9 weeks. hoping ill get a scan to be sure. Been sooo tired... i remember being tired with DD but not like this!! Also have a bit of nausea, keep losing my morning cuppa no matter how slowly i approach it... so for the first time in who knows how long i didnt have one this morning... and felt like crap because of it... lol.
My tum looks constantly bloated... but i think im managing to disguise the whole thing cause no one has said anything (in this town people are pretty up front with gossip!)

my girlfriends and i are booking a day at the spa in march so will try and hold off til then and tell them at lunch.. cannot wait to see ntheir faces! one of them know on a professional capacity and she has a 5 month old so im getting all her things that i dont still have from DD... As well as boys clothes if its a boy lol.. so im sorted.

Hope everyone with ms is doing ok.. hopefully it calms down amd goes away come 12weeks!

#5 AnnBB

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

Grrrrr..... I was typing a big fat long post when the old thread was locked. Lost it all.
Pecking Bird- I am so sorry sad.gif
I had my 'dating' scan yesterday. No real reason for me having one besides wanting to have a look and check that there was something in there. The sonographer thought it was too early for a dating scan at 6w 5d, and that we wouldnt see anything.
Anyway, once she stopped giving me the third degree about having a scan ( she shut to after I told her I had had an early MC in September so was anxious) we got to see a little bean positioned perfectly in the uterus with a fabulous heartbeat, measuring pretty good for dates. My due date by LMP is 20 September, the scan put my due date at 25 September which is probably more accurate as I ovulate later in my cycle and I have a shorter luteal phase.  By measurements, i was 6 weeks exactly yesterday and the heartbeat was 115.
I am going to stick with a due date of 20 September until my first hospital visit when they no doubt will tell me my 'official' due date.
Morning sickness has kicked in big time  sick.gif I think a few people might be on to me at work as I looked like a pale, clammy mess today!

Edited by AnnBB, 31 January 2013 - 09:12 PM.

#6 Water Dragon

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

Thanks minimae!!

I've had awful MS and fatigue this time around. Truly awful. I'm ten weeks now and just staring to come clear of it, thank god - but still needing a daily nap! Hilarious. I've been needing them since six weeks. And weeing EVERY night without fail. My body's really going all out this time  sick.gif my sympathy to everyone in the same boat!

#7 bec_1108

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:42 AM

After reading all these comments about ants yesterday, I woke up in pain during the night because an ant bit my foot!! It stung for like an hour! As if it's not bad enough that I'm awake half the night because I need to pee all the time!

I'm telling my boss today that I'm pregnant. I wrote a separate post about it, but basically they're currently arranging a 3 month overseas posting for me in March. I've made the decision that I don't want the extra stress of working two jobs while I'm there, and not having DH with me for support, so I need to tell them to put the brakes on. Hopefully they will be understanding and not make things difficult for me.

#8 TinyTeddys

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:46 AM

Saving for the list...

#9 Gambit la Feralé

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

Well it looks like the peeing curse has hit. lol

Last night and the night before I had to get up 3-4 times to pee.

Ahh damn ants Bec, I've been trying to keep the kitchen clean but DH seems unaware of the fact left out food and crumbs attracts them.....despite my daily raging. rolleyes.gif

Going to see if i can find a new pillow today, other than peeing, i'm having some difficulty staying asleep which is not normal for me. I'm overdue a new pillow anyway so we'll see if that helps.

#10 MissNess

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

I'm having trouble sleeping too, and this is a recently updated pillow. I feel like I can only sleep in half hour blocks  sad.gif

#11 Water Dragon

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

It's terribly frustrating, the sleep thing, isn't it. I already have a toddler so am still suffering sleep deprivation from the last two years - I certainly didn't need LESS sleep than I already get!!!!

Edited by Water Dragon, 01 February 2013 - 10:08 AM.

#12 againagain

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

Hey guys, just had my follow up scan and all is looking good, by dates I am 8w2d by scan 8w4d so all good. Told my first person afterwards, a good friend I had been avoiding a bit as I normally drink with her and I thought she would know something was up - she thought I was p*ssed off with her LOL so she was excited and relieved.

Still not going to tell my kids until 12 weeks+, after the next scan, so will try not to tell anyone else in the mean time.

I have had the worst trouble sleeping too  sad.gif  I need the sleep but I just can't switch off.

M/s still here, I'm so over it. Last night my DH made bread int he breadmaker and the whole house stunk like bread, I was dry-retching everywhere, so gross. I felt like I couldn't breathe properly because of the stink!!

I can't remember who asked about paying for scans - I have been public for all of mine and have always paid, this one and the one I had at 6w have both been about $180 and you get $50 back, the next one at 12w is $250 or something I think. I did see a note in the letter I have to give to my GP that said there is a public ultrasound place that is bulk-billed, but when I looked it up it was apparently hard to get in to and it is a lot further away from me, so I couldn't be bothered. I'll leave the spots for someone who truly has no money.

Hope everyone else is well (as well as can be). Good news on so many scans going well  biggrin.gif

Oh and peckingbird I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you are okay.

#13 Choufleur

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

peckingbird - so sorry to hear about your loss, be kind to yourself

ants - we did have a lot around but i can only see a couple at the moment. They seem to come out when it's really dry, they look for water. I just ignored them this time though and let them walk on by

sleeping - I've been struggling to sleep at night, last night I didn't sleep til about 1am, and then I was up at some crazy hour to pee again. I am just shattered.

I'm really tired every day, it's worse the days I'm at work. I only work part time but I find by the time I get to Thursdays (my 3rd day) I can barely get out of bed. Yesterday morning I felt so sick that I went back to bed and didn't go to work til after lunch. I told some of the people in my team I had a bug from DD. Noone blinked an eye *phew*

I'm going to borrow a couple of dresses from a girl in my IRL MG as they're a different shape from anything I have and I can probably get away with my growing belly for a few more weeks at work.  I don't want anyone at work to know at least until I've seen the OB and seen that little heartbeat on the screen.

scans - I'm in Sydney too but private. I remember the first scan being about $250 and the next one $350? Apparently the queues to get into the public ones are longer and I don't have the patience.  I've never heard of a private OB bulk billing for anything...!

Right... must go and eat MORE food.

#14 B.M.C.M.I.E

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

Great news for those who've had good scans today & yesterday.

Nothing to report here.. Still really early so it's pretty boring atm.

#15 bec_1108

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

Well I spilled the beans to my boss today. He was pretty good about it really. They'll put my overseas stint on hold for now. I might still be going to Switzerland for a conference for a couple of weeks.

The sleeping thing is weird. A couple of weeks ago I was sleeping like a log, even though I needed to pee about three times a night, I'd always go back to sleep straight away. Now I'm lying awake for an hour each time I get up!

I know there are a few ladies with autoimmune disorders on here. Unfortunately I have to report that pregnancy looks to be making things worse for me at the moment. Getting some bloods done but looks like I'll need to start medication again after being in remission for five years. Boo sad.gif

#16 bitingmynails

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

Hi Ladies.

No ants or trouble sleeping here - touch wood.

Just super wacky dreams and today I've got cracked nips - what?!
Still so bloated. I wonder if I am just showing really early (already?). It used to be gone in the morning but now there is a permanent pudge. :0

Feeling so relaxed after the scan yesterday. It was so nice to see the little blip on screen.
Booked in for NT scan on Valentines Day and then we are going to announce it to everyone which will be very exciting.

Sorry to hear you have to go back on meds bec. sad.gif

#17 Choufleur

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

bitingmynails - I had really dry & itchy nipples at about 12 or 14 weeks with DD. I bought some lasinoh from the chemist and used it for a week or so and it fixed it right up, didn't need it again until DD was born.  Just buy a tiny tube of the stuff, it's all you'll ever need. original.gif

#18 hanz33

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

Take me off the list girls - I had my ultrasound and there was no heartbeat.

I wish you all the best.

#19 bitingmynails

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

hanz33 - I have no words. I am so so sorry. My heart breaks for you.

I wish YOU all the best. Hope you can surround yourself with lots of love and support.

sad.gif

#20 AnnBB

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

I am so sorry hanz33. Best of luck to you bbighug.gif

#21 againagain

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

hanz I am so sorry  sad.gif   Make sure you give yourself time to grieve.

#22 bec_1108

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

So sorry hanz sad.gif

I hope you're ok.

#23 Kobella

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

Hanz- I am so sorry to hear your news- take care of yourself x

Again again- glad to hear all is well!

Showing early - for those who have had more than 1 baby- when do you start showing?! I am ok in the mornings but by night time I am so bloated! I look about 4 mths along eeek! I am wearing looser clothes in the Arvo as I don't want to tell anyone yet! My clothes fit fine and I have not gained any weight so I suspect it is hormones, no way a baby can be showing at only 7.1 weeks! wink.gif , even if this is my 3rd.

We are off to a Japanese night at the neighbors tonight and I am freaking out how to keep my secret- firstly drinks ( and I always drink!), secondly raw fish, sushi etc. they make it all themselves but I don't want to eat any raw fish at all (normally I love it!). Am thinking of just saying I have an upset stomach to try get away with it- any other ideas?  They are going to be so suss!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend x

#24 Kobella

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

Bec- forgot to say I don't know much about crohns disease but i am sorry to hear you have to go back on meds

#25 B.M.C.M.I.E

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

So sorry hanz sad.gif

I never stopped showing from my last pregnancy lol. The doctor I seen this morning asked if I was sure I wasn't 16 weeks when I said I was 6. Luckily I was booked in to him by accident & won't have to see him ever again.

Blood results all look normal. Cholesterol is a little high but they won't do anything about that while I'm pregnant, I guess if it's an issue down the track I'll have to make some changes to my diet. I do eat pretty well though so not sure what changes I can even make.

Starting to get some nausea. It's only when I'm hungry & still very manageable.

Kids are calling, hope everyone is well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How a baby can survive alone for days on end

The baby found abandoned in a Sydney drain may have been alone for up to six days without being fed, leaving many asking how he could have survived.

When it begins to look a lot like Christmas

A child's excitement at Christmas time is a beautiful thing, but one dad ponders whether his toddler daughter is getting into the festive mood a bit too soon.

Hospital lets dads the experience some of the pain of childbirth

A new experience is radically altering men's views of childbirth.

Italian doctors questioned over formula bribes

Italian police have placed 12 doctors under house arrest on suspicion of promoting baby milk formula over breastfeeding.

Heartwarming prank gives single mum the house she was hired to clean

Cara Simmons arrived at work to clean a large and beautiful house in time for a party planned for that evening. It was soon hers.

Those special moments of sibling bonding

Every now and then your child does or says something that is truly memorable.

Why we should stop telling new parents to 'enjoy every moment'

A few weeks ago, some dear friends of mine had their first baby. As the proud dad texted me a picture I had to fight the natural instinct to say “Enjoy every moment!”

Baby monitor footage posted online

Footage of Australian babies and children sleeping in their bedrooms are among the images on a Russian site showing live feeds from thousands of homes and businesses around the world.

Did this new dad really hit on his wife's midwife?

Was there really a man who was actually there by his wife’s side as she laboured and gave birth to his child, all while he was making what he perceived to be meaningful eye contact with a midwife?

Keep calm and ignore the Tantrum Trolls

Tantrum Trolls are a small but growing species of predatory bottom-feeders who delight in picking on parents at their most vulnerable.

It's okay to never 'get over' the death of a loved one

The death of children, siblings, and parents has long term impacts on the rest of our lives.

What Mark Latham needs to know about depression and motherhood

In a bizarre bid for relevancy, Former Opposition leader Mark Latham has deduced that because one female journalist had this week light-heartedly thanked antidepressants and caffeine for getting her through a medical degree while raising two small children, that ergo, all 'inner-city feminists' are selfish harridans who despise their offspring.

'We're just trying to keep our child alive': life with FPIES

We have a beautiful seven-month-old son, and his allergy rules our life.

Transgender dad breastfeeds his babies

A transgender man who breastfed his first baby - despite having his breasts removed as part of his transformation from female to male - has now had a second child.

Couple face $1 million medical bill and bankruptcy after babymoon birth

A Canadian couple were slammed with a million dollar medical bill after their daughter was prematurely during their babymoon.

Win one of 5 Little Tikes Cozy Coupe Sport

Australia?s No 1 selling car is now available in a Sports model and we have 5 to give away to some lucky Essential Baby families.

Cigarettes, junk food dominate supermarket sales growth

One in every five dollars spent at supermarkets goes on cigarettes or junk food, according to industry data.

Teacher under fire for breastfeeding in class

There is no doubt mums have a right to continue breastfeeding after they have returned to work, but one teacher in the US has taken it to the extreme.

Video: Baby sniffs beardless dad to make sure it's him

She looks him up and down and then touches his chin, but baby Lindsey still isn't sure this clean-shaven man is her dad.

The tragedy of losing a favourite teddy bear

We were green and uninitiated, perhaps a little naïve when it came to the favourite toy responsibility.

It's possible to workout while pregnant

Medical experts say intense fitness routines can be done safely during pregnancy - if the mums-to-be follow some guidelines.

Baby for Asher Keddie and Vincent Fantauzzo

Fans followed every step of her on-screen pregnancy in Offspring, now Asher Keddie is going to be a mum in real life too.

What parents really want for their kids

Are our hopes, dreams and expectations for our children what they really need?

'I had a feeling something was seriously wrong': the fight for Kaden's diagnosis

Before even giving birth, Katie Myers' maternal instincts warned her something was wrong with her baby.

Win a family pass to Disney Live!

We have 4 family passes to give away to see Disney Live! presents Three Classic Fairy Tales, touring Australia this December/January.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win one of 5 Little Tikes Cozy Coupe Sport

Australia?s No 1 selling car is now available in a Sports model and we have 5 to give away to some lucky Essential Baby families.

Join PADDINGTON on the red carpet!

To celebrate the release of PADDINGTON, we are giving five lucky winners the chance to win a family pass to the exclusive Australian Premiere in Sydney on December 7!

When your pregnancy causes a relationship rift

Some dads-to-be don't miss a beat when their partner is pregnant; others struggle with a range of issues and can become withdrawn, right when their support is needed most.

Couple uses group photo trick to announce pregnancy to loved ones

Katharine and Kris Camilli devised a clever trick to immortalise their family and friends' reactions to their exciting pregnancy news.

Why Tracey Spicer has given up make-up

"After 30 years on television, I had become what I despised: a painted doll who spent an hour a day and close to $200 a week putting on a mask."

Knowing you are one of the lucky ones

I am secure, confident and strong, but the responsibility of protecting my children can almost bring me undone.

Why I am so emotional now I have kids?

There are so many ways in which parenthood changes us as women, but one of the most noticeable, for me, has been the changing state of my emotions.

Baby survives despite sharing womb with 'foreign body'

Baby Maia was conceived against the odds, only to find she was sharing a womb with an ominous "foreign body".

Video: Baby shows dog how to jump - or vice versa

They say dog is man's best friend, but this playful pooch seems to have chosen a jumping baby as her number one buddy.

10 ways to soothe a crying baby

New paernts can get frustrated when their newborn gets fussy and can't settle down. When you're feeling overwhelmed, try some of these simple tips to help soothe your baby.

20 baby names that are becoming more popular every year

The data-lovers at nameberry.com have been at it again – this time, they’ve discovered the names that are continually rising up the ranks, ready to take out some top spots in the next few years.

10 great meals to make for new parents

Ideally, you want to give food that isn’t expensive to make, isn't too difficult to create, and freezes well; stews, bakes, soups and pasta sauces are perfect.

'It's not you, it's me': Boston bombing survivor mum to have leg amputated

Rebekah DiMartino is going through a break-up. She even wrote a farewell love letter. But it's not to her husband.

What it's like to go through early menopause

In a cruel twist, Carla had been breastfeeding and perimenopausal at the same time. But she's far from the only one to go through menopause early.

Weird pregnancy products

Some pregnancy products come to market and are just awesome. Others just leave you scratching your head.

Restaurant served alcohol to two-year-old

Busy restaurants can be forgiven for getting food and drink orders mixed up from time to time, but not when the confusion leads to a two-year-old being served an alcoholic cocktail instead of the child-friendly beverage they ordered.

Julia Morris tells of miscarriage on a flight

Julia Morris has spoken about the devastation of suffering a miscarriage while on an international flight.

Woman's survival after birth 'a story of two miracles'

A US mother is home and tending to her new baby less than a month after surviving without a pulse for 45 minutes.

Best maternity swimwear and beach cover-ups

Thinking about a tropical babymoon but have nothing to wear? Here are some great swimwear and beach cover-up options for mums-to-be.

Metal shards hidden in playground

Pieces of sharp metal have been seemingly deliberately placed in rubber matting and across equipment at a kids' playground.

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.