Kitchen benchtops? Vinegar and pine-o-clean
Shower? Bleach
Oven?Bi-carb and vinegar
Windows and glass? Water and vinegar
Toilets? Disinfectant
Microwave? Vinegar and water and detergant
Fridge? Soapy water some times vinegar and van. essesnce

Lol I  use Vinegar nearly everything

Edited by Minnieme4me, 29 January 2013 - 02:53 PM.

#3 rosie28

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

Floors? Tiles, I use water and vinegar, floorboards I use the special wood cleaner stuff the installers gave us, and carpet I use the vacuum.
Kitchen benchtops? Earth Choice kitchen spray, or a quick sprinkle of bicarb and then vinegar if there are stains from wine etc.
Shower? Vinegar and bicarb. Occasionally some windex for the shower screen, it seems to keep it shiny for a bit longer.
Oven? I don't really, I just wipe it down if anything at all spills in it, usually with just some hot water on a cloth. Then I never need to pull out the big guns.
Windows and glass? Windex.
Toilets? Earth Choice toilet cleaner, or vinegar followed by the toilet brush with bicarb on it to give it a scrub.
Microwave? Water and lemon in a bowl, zap for 30 - 60 seconds, wipe with a cloth.
Fridge? Vinegar on a cloth.

I seem to really like vinegar! My DH has some skin allergies, so I try to keep the house low in chemicals, hence all the vinegar action. A nice side effect is that it doesn't smell after it dries and is cheap and easy to access.

#4 mini mac

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

I can't remember.... I should really do it more often! laughing2.gif

#5 lozoodle

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

Floors? Steam mop
Kitchen benchtops? Spray and wipe or similar
Shower? Shower power
Oven? I turn on the vapour clean setting in conjunction with Spray and wipe or similar. Racks come out and are washed in regular dish liquid
Windows and glass? Windex and newspaper for just regular wipedowns, big window cleans inside and out are with the steam mop using the squeegy attachment
Toilets? Bleach
Microwave? Spray and wipe or similar
Fridge? Spray and wipe or similar

#6 Feral_Pooks

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

Safeway has this homebrand orange stuff. It's non toxic, organic, cheap as chips. I use that for everything.

Except the toilet gets a big squirt of the duck stuff, coz it clings to the bowl.

I'm also a massive fan of microfiber cloths. They make everything easier.

#7 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Floors? Bleach if floors are really feral, otherwise disinfectant. I do like to use bleach on toilet floor though.

Kitchen benchtops? Not much really. Maybe wipe down with a weak bleach solution/hotwater occasionally esp lately though with ant problem.

Shower? Bleach

Oven?BAM oven cleaner

Windows and glass? Windex

Toilets? Love the new Domestos toilet cleaner. Wipe over seat with disinfectant.

Microwave? make own mixture in jug - hot water, a squirt of detergent and splash of white vinegar. Microwave on high 5 mins. Leave for a couple of minutes. Wipe.

Fridge? Dettol antibacterial wipes

Edited by ~THE~MAGICIAN~, 29 January 2013 - 02:59 PM.

#8 Misty Walker

roll2.gif  roll2.gif  roll2.gif

Hi OP....
Yep this was a thrilling post..heehehehe!  But to satisfy your curiosity:
Floors I usually just vacuum/sweep regularly, ten mop with hot water and white vinegar. I have polished porcelain and this does the job
Kitchen either spray and wipe general or one for stone tops
Bathroom: never really found one I love. I find nothing cleans my shower screens to be clear, not covered in scaly white residue. Also nothing seems to remove the yellow hard water marks off white/light colored tiles. So I just use anything that is reasonably priced.

Toilet I use the lemon/citrus scent toilet duck thing with bleach in it. Cleans well, doesn't smell too bad.
Fridge just hot water, detergent. I leave a container with bi-carb in the fridge to absorb moisture and food scents
I like the citrus scented furniture wipes that are dust grabbers. I can't remember the name....

Hope this helps?  Got any foolproof bathroom suggestions for me?
original.gif

#9 Lazycow

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

Floors- Disinfectant, usually Pine o clean eucalyptus

Kitchen benchtops-Pine o clean

Shower-Bleach

Oven-bicarb and water and  for the racks soak in napisan for 24 hours

Windows and glass-vinegar and water in a spray bottle.

Toilets -Bleach

Microwave -hot soapy water

Fridge- Hot soapy water

Edited by lazycow, 29 January 2013 - 03:00 PM.

#10 AmberNut

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

Floors?
Hot water and vinegar
Kitchen benchtops?
kitchen sponge with hot water, sometimes if very dirty some Orange Multipurpose cleaner
Shower?
Jif and a scrubbing brush, microfibre cloths and water
Oven?
Orange Multipurpose cleaner
Windows and glass?
microfibre cloths and water
Toilets?
Toilet bleach
Microwave?
Fridge?

#11 Katie_bella

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

Oh the excitement of an afternoon on call.... biggrin.gif I'll play along!

Floors? Water and an enjo mop.
Kitchen benchtops? Umm....the cloth after i do the dishes....so dishwashing liquid/water....
Shower? Ajax powder and a scourer for the floor, walls/glass get enjo'd. Outside glass windex (or homebrand equivalent)
Oven? Just wipe over with the kitchen cloth, i hate oven cleaner.
Windows and glass? Windex and an old tea towel
Toilets? White King all the way
Microwave? Kitchen cloth
Fridge? kitchen cloth/dishwashing liquid....i say that with such conviction....like i actually clean the fridge ph34r.gif

#12 GamerMum

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

Floors? Carpets are vacuumed after sprinkling on some smelly stuff to cover the dog and cat smells, lino is usually hand cleaned because it's full of holes and mop rips it up. sad.gif I use normal floor cleaner stuff that smells like lavender.
Kitchen benchtops? Spray and wipe
Shower? Vinegar and bicarb when I have the energy, or shower power for a quick once over
Oven? Vinegar and bicarb. Spray and wipe for spills
Windows and glass? Spray and wipe. Outside I use the pressure hose and water.
Toilets? I have duck liquid thingies in it all the time, and I clean with bleach, then a toilet cleaner to get rid of the bleach smell.
Microwave? Spray and wipe
Fridge? It hasn't been done in so long... but spray and wipe.

I really like Spray and Wipe Tounge1.gif

#13 EssentialBludger

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

Thanks for humouring me! I ask because I'm yet to find something I REALLY love, especially in the bathroom. Also, we have had no kitchen floor for over a year ph34r.gif and NOTHING gets the concrete clean. Soaks up every single little spillage.

Does anyone use enjo? I love the  "idea" of it, but I'm not sure I can wrap my head around no chemicals...

#14 *cough*

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

Floors? - Enjo and water

Kitchen benchtops? - home made dishwashing liquid/water/vinegar spray and wipe. Earth care anti bac wipes for nasty stuff.

Shower? - White enjo glove, marble paste, earth care shower spray. Bought some glass wipes, hate them. Will use enjo and squeegee.

Oven? - Rarely need to clean it. But would google something friendly.

Windows and glass? - Outside enjo window cleaner, same inside, Mirrors - enjo miracle.

Toilets? - Earth care toilet cleaner.

Microwave? - homemade spray and wipe.

Fridge? - Home made spray and wipe.

#15 Bobbypoppa

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE (Giltine @ 29/01/2013, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Floors? Carpets are vacuumed after sprinkling on some smelly stuff to cover the dog and cat smells.

Be careful with the carpet sprinkle around your cat. I use to sprinkle the carpet until my cat had a reaction to it and she started to lose all her fur around her face and ears. The vet said its quite a common problem for cats because they rub their faces everywhere.

#16 amabanana

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

I am totally excited by this thread!  wink.gif

Floors?
Vacuum and steam mop

Kitchen benchtops?
Spray with soapy water (about 1/2 tsp of dishwashing detergent in a spray bottle of water) and wipe down.  I use watered down bleach in a spray bottle (1tsp to 1L) once a week.

Shower?
Magic eraser, orange spray and every now and then mould spray but only if I HAVE to.

Oven?
Soapy water spray when still warm.  Clean as I use so it's not a huge job.

Windows and glass?
Windex and old nappies.

Toilets?
Inside I put a no name denture tablet in before I go to bed and give a once over with a brush in the morning.  Vinegar for wiping the outside and seat.

Microwave?
Wipe it out after I have cooked something steamy.

Fridge?
Soapy water spray again.

I find microfibre clothes clean so well that mostly I just use my trusty soapy water spray and elbow grease to clean most things.

#17 unicorn

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

Floors - steam mop or a micro fibre mop for quick clean ups
The rest of the house is bi carb, vinegar, tea tree oil and hot water. I will make up a spray with either tea tree or eucalyptus oil, and water as a spray and wipe type thing for benches ate, but usually hot water is suffice.
Concrete is a PITA, try a steam mop, I used to use a vax wet and dry vacuum cleaner in my old place and it cleaned the concrete up ok, soak the bad stains for a while first.

#18 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Oh and OP for polishing I love:

Goddards furniture polish

I think bleach (and disinfectant for the seat) is the ONLY way to clean the toilet properly.

#19 miajas

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

Floors? Eucalyptus oil and hot water
Kitchen benchtops? Homemade Eucalyptus oil and water spray
Shower? Bleach spray for a no scrub clean when lazy and vinegar for a scrub clean
Oven? Rarely need to but just a wipe clean with a damp cloth when needed, bicarbonate and vinegar for glass doors
Windows and glass? Vinegar and water
Toilets? In toilet bowl cleaner (like toilet duck) and homemade eucalyptus oil spray for seat etc.
Microwave? Damp cloth with vinegar
Fridge? Vinegar for inside and bicarbonate and vinegar for outside (I do our dishwasher and kitchen cupboard doors with this also makes them loom brand new again!)

#20 bright*future

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Floors?   Very hot water, vinegar and sometimes a splash of tea tree or euc oil.  Domestos about every two months
Kitchen benchtops?   Home made vinegar / water / citrus cleaner.  For scrubbing tough spots, gumption or the bunnings type of gumption (similar to enjo marble paste)
Shower? Vinegar, bicarb & window cleaner on screens
Oven?   Doesn't happen very often, if I have to, oven cleaner
Windows and glass? Window cleaner
Toilets?   Bleach in bowl & domestos on seat etc
Microwave?   Kitchen vinegar cleaner as above
Fridge? Kitchen vinegar cleaner as above, and I'll take the shleves out and wash in soapy water every now and then, just dishwashing liquid.

#21 mumto3princesses

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

Floors - steam mop or every few weeks hot water and Ajax floor cleaner

Kitchen benchtops - whatever antibacterial wipes that are on special at the time or hot/warm water with dish detergent

Shower - Ajax Professional bathroom + Exit mould maybe once a month

I use the Ajax Professional bathroom cleaner for the bath and sink and top of toilet and seat etc. It's a pinkish-purple spray bottle. I love that stuff. I ran out once and never will again. I just don't feel like its clean unless I use that.

Toilet - Harpic liquid stuff plus sometimes maybe once a month bleach crystals too. Plus I have the gel thingy for the toilet.

Oven - Easy Off oven cleaner

Windows and glass - windex

Wood etc is Mr Sheen

Microwave & Fridge - Just hot/warm water with dish detergent

Edited by mumto3princesses, 29 January 2013 - 03:34 PM.

#22 Squeekums Da Feral

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (Mini Mac @ 29/01/2013, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't remember.... I should really do it more often! laughing2.gif

Phew, not the only one who cant remember, for that reason.

Also kind of scared to look in that cupboard, it has cobwebs

#23 CharliMarley

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

I make my own spray with about 10mls of Eucalyptus oil, a squirt of dishwashing liquid and fill with water in a spray bottle. Amazing, lovely, clean smell and I use it on sinks, basins and benches, but not on wooden surfaces. The floors I steam mop (or DH does) and the carpets, get vacuumed. The shower recess, I use Ajax Professional Ultra Bathroom. The oven - well that is another story, because we use it so much and I really need to get into it and give it a good clean with some oven cleaner - it is rather a mess at the moment. cry1.gif

#24 ~swan~

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

Floors Vacuum and then Mop & Glow with very hot water
Kitchen benchtops Mostly hot water and sometimes a spray (ajax or whatever) if really dirty
Shower Glass cleaner on glass, ajax for the rest, mould killer if needed
Oven Ajax/hot water , heavy duty oven cleaner maybe once a year or less (it's lethal but does the trick)
Windows and glass Windex & paper towels
Toilets Ajax for outside, toiler cleaner for inside
Microwave ajax
Fridge ajax

#25 YodaTheWrinkledOne

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

Floors? diluted pine-o-clean or ajax floor cleaner (whatever is on special) in a spray bottle, use it with a micro-mop thing

Kitchen benchtops? usually hot water and a clean cloth or paper towel.  Sometimes pine-o-clean spray

Shower? bicarb and vinegar or ajax/cream cleanser.  Would probably use exit mould or similar (some kind of bleach product) about once a month??

Oven? Easy off oven cleaner (well, the last time I did, that's what I used.  I don't clean it that often TBH)

Windows and glass? water and metho (usually just water though), squeegee cloth thing (like a chamois)

Toilets?  bicarb and vinegar or ajax/cream cleanser for the in-bowl cleaning, pine-o-clean or vinegar spray for the wipe down

Microwave? usually hot water and a clean cloth or paper towel, maybe some dish detergent??

Fridge? usually hot water and a clean cloth or paper towel, maybe some dish detergent??

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

Toddler freed after getting trapped in escalator

A shopping centre escalator needed to be pulled apart to free a toddler's trapped hand.

Why I'm kind of excited about my daughter's nits

Is it weird to say that I am secretly thrilled to find that my daughter Edie has nits?

Baby born at 10:11 on 12-13-14

Well, it's actually 13-12-14 to us over here. But still, Clare Elizabeth Keane's consecutive numerical birth time is pretty special.

On holding tightly and loving fiercely

We can't live in fear. This post is about Christmas and how at this time we should be celebrating life and grateful for what we have: our loved ones who we cherish fiercely.

Babies, relatives and coping with Christmas day

Everyone will love your baby but your baby may not be so happy to be passed around a lot of new people - nor may you want to feed with an audience.

Why I won't be posting pictures of my baby on Facebook

There are pros and cons to this policy.

The myths and truths of gender swaying

Here are a few popular methods hopeful parents-to-be use to try to get a baby of their preferred gender – and what an expert says about whether they really work.

10 easy DIY Christmas decoration ideas

It's officially time to get into the Christmas spirit. Why not branch out when you put up your tree this year and add a personal touch with a few DIY decorations? We've found the perfect easy-to-make ways to put more festive fever into your home.

The dangerous new trend of glucose challenge test refusal

A dangerous trend is seeing more mothers-to-be declining a relatively simple and painless test to check for gestational diabetes.

Office of Fair Trading reveals naughty toys ahead of Christmas

The Office of Fair Trading has pulled seven toys from shelves ahead of Christmas after they fail safety tests.

Video: Baby boy's trouble with twins

These twin girls will no doubt have fun fooling people in years to come, but nobody will be as confused as baby Landon.

Long-term reversible male contraceptive on its way

Men could soon have access to an injectable long-term contraceptive which works in a similar way to a vasectomy but promises to be easily reversed.

'I tried to kill my baby': one mum's story

After bathing and dressing her three-month-old son, Amanda had a rare moment alone with her baby.

Attack of the 'mummy brain'

I feel that almost every day, someone in my life - be they a friend, family member or complete stranger - feels the need to excuse my behaviour as I have other things on my mind.

Mum of baby who fell ill after drinking raw milk speaks out

A Melbourne mother has described how her son turned grey when he became seriously ill after drinking raw milk.

Australian divorce rate lowest since 1976

Modern newlyweds are now well into their 30s and marriage still offers something powerful a new book argues.

The aftermath of a traumatic birth experience

In Australia, 30 per cent of women find their birth experience traumatic, with 6 per cent going on to develop post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Young mum burns 'from inside-out'

A young mum is in intensive care after she took a friend's antibiotic and wound up with an ailment that is burning her body 'from the inside-out'.

The disagreement that can break a relationship

If he doesn't change his mind, all I can hope is that I will. It would be a waste to spend the rest of my marriage mourning a baby that never was.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Co-sleeping or no-sleeping? Mum videos worst nap ever

One mother's futile attempt to sleep in caught on camera in a hilarious - and very cute - video.

Why children misbehave during the festive season

While we all like to imagine the holiday season as being a fun, loving and bonding experience; often our reality is quiet different.

I was fat-shamed by my doctor

The fear of being weighed is the most significant factor in women cancelling medical appointments - and now weight-shaming has happened to me.

End of an era: no more childcare

As we reach the end of 2014, we're closing the book on many things for another year, most notably childcare. Our last child has attended childcare for the very last time.

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

The 7-year itch is more like the 10-year itch: study

Contrary to popular belief, making it past the seven-year mark doesn't mean your marriage will be smooth sailing from there on.

Should children be forced to sit on Santa's lap?

We teach kids it’s okay to say no if they don’t feel safe, so why do some parents force their children to climb in to Santa's lap?

Stop telling us that parenting gets harder

I’m sure that parenting will get harder. But life isn’t exactly smooth sailing for many of us right now, either.

Baby born weighing almost 14 pounds

Yes, the bouncing baby girl was born by caesarean section. And mum says no more kids.

The dummy debate

I'm the first to admit that when I used to see tiny babies with dummies in their mouths, I thought "Hmm, lazy parenting." And now I apologise.

'I thought I was an only child'

Imagine meeting your double at a school sports event, or regularly being mistaken for someone you haven't met. Separated twins Margaret and Joy tell their story.

Carers admit to force-feeding children

As Sydney grieves the loss of Sydney siege victims Katrina Dawson and Tori Johnson, reports have suggested that both died as heroes.

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.