My Kitchen Rules

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
259 replies to this topic

#1 Scootaloo

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

What did everyone think of the first ep?

I can see a few teams are going to drive me mad, and I think there a couple of quiet achievers amongst the group.

Jen

#2 cward

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

I was wondering if anyone was going to start a MKR thread.  I thought the Vic team did really well last night.  It would be terrible being the first ones.  The NSW and QLD teams are already annoying, Manu is as lovely as ever and I think Pete is getting better looking.

#3 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

La la la la la la...not listening because I recorded it and haven't watched it yet.

#4 Soontobegran

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

Going to enjoy it but there are 2 couples who are going to drive me crazy. Because some of you haven't seen it yet I will not mention names original.gif

#5 geza53

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

i love this show so much, i look forward to it every year haha sad i know..
im not judging any couples yet, last year i couldnt stand the couple that won but as the show went on i really liked them lol
but the brother and sister team are driving me nuts already

#6 minxy07

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

NSW "spice girls" are driving me nuts already - I mean who goes on a cooking show with such a limited palate. I love the Tassie guys - can't wait till they cook tonight. Those "activated almonds" have sure worked for Pete - looking very taunt and trim

#7 FeralMalinki

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

I loved it.  Spent the first hour drooling over that red Kitchen Aid they kept showing.  Also had serious walk-in pantry envy, though the rest of their kitchen was a bit small, with the exception of the massive oven.  

Has Pete had some work done?  He look quite different in the face, at the least he looks like he's had a chemical peel or something.

#8 purple_daisy

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

I agree the Tassie father and son seem to be really nice and I am looking forward to seeing how they go tonight.

I thought it was terrible how a certain team gave a really low score last night just because they didn't personally like the vegetables used in the dish - just because you don't eat vegetables doesn't make it a bad dish!!!

#9 ~sydblue~

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

I wish the 'spice girls' were gone already. You cannot judge fairly when you don't eat half the food and call it yuck.

What was with the 'game on moll' comment from that prissy little ballet guy.

Edited by ~sydblue~, 29 January 2013 - 11:29 AM.

#10 cybersprite

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

There was an article in the papers over the weekend with Pete saying he had done a cleanse or detox to prepare for eating all the food on the show and that in the first few episodes he looks gaunt as a result

#11 Mrs.Bee

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

I have been waiting for the tennis to be over this series to start biggrin.gif

SlinkyMailinki - i too was drooling over the kitchen aid. i am envious of anyone who has one....

minxy07 - i could not agree more with your post. I am looking forward to see the 'Tassie' team cook tonight. Im sure that the 'spice girls' will find something that displeases them.

#12 emlis22

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

I knew the spice girls were going to annoy me... and omg brush your hair!

#13 protart roflcoptor

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

I thought Pete actually looked ill, too skinny now.

Those stupid spicce girls are so annoying. How can they be 'foodies' if they don't eat such a wide selection of foods? They just sound so immature and ditzy.

#14 Cheryl_v

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

The guy from the WA team looks just like an actor who played a creepy stalking serial killer on Bones last season, it was really disconcerting.  I expect everyone to end up with food poisoning after his round  roll2.gif

It's so interesting to see the range of people they put on the show, I'm sure all of them (or at least one member of each team) can cook but the personalities seem to be put together just to cause conflict.

#15 Z-girls rock

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

ugh... I fell asleep for the judging. I hope I can watch just the judging again because I dont want to see the whole thing again.

spice girls are annoying. Last year the "princess' woman annoyed me but then I ended up liking her because she could cook REALLY WELL... I am not sure the spice girls will redeem themselves.

we'll see.

#16 ~sydblue~

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

I would laugh if the spice girls cooked dishes that the others all deemed too spicey to even try, or they said they were only going to try a small amount because they didn't eat Indian food.

#17 Z-girls rock

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

just watched the judging.

those 'Spice girls' are shocking. what fools.

At least the QLD brother and sister team who I think are also a bit foolish scored fairly.

as for the menu - I would have loved the entree, mostly because I am vegetarian - yum!
The wallaby I would have been like cry1.gif about (since when to we eat little wallabies??). But it seems that they did it well. So it should have been scored fairly.

But the dessert. I HATE chocolate and orange. So a jaffa cake would make me vom. blergh.

Anyway I think those spice girls sound like people who ONLY cook and eat very few things! I hope they do those things well or they wont last long. I dont understand how they will do challenges later in the comp when you cant always choose the ingredients or theme.

#18 Yomumma

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

I felt sorry for Craig?, Kerrie's husband..He copped it all night from her ohmy.gif

#19 protart roflcoptor

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (Yomumma @ 29/01/2013, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I felt sorry for Craig?, Kerrie's husband..He copped it all night from her ohmy.gif

Put Kerrie in a blonde curly perm wig and she would be a dead ringer for Kath Day-Knight.

#20 Scootaloo

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (~sydblue~ @ 29/01/2013, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was very harsh, hopefully it was edited to look a lot worse than it actually was, because that came out really bad and made him look horrible.

Looking forward to tonight's ep, yay for having MKR back  biggrin.gif

Jen

#21 katpaws

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

Spent the first hour drooling over that red Kitchen Aid they kept showing

Yes they are lovely, especially the red ones... mine works wonderfully.... ph34r.gif

#22 Mini_feral

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (~sydblue~ @ 29/01/2013, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I reckon that was edited to make it look worse than it was. I bet they all laughed afterwards, and it just wasn't shown. If it had been serious, the other contestants would've looked all shocked and you can guarantee the producers would have kept footage of that in!!

#23 Chocolate Addict

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

Who even says 'game on mole"??? I saw it on an ad for Prisoner but that show is 40 years old! lol

#24 cward

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

I loved the Tassie guys, the dad was just so proud of what his son did it was so lovely.  I'm always amazed how different the contestants say things are to what the judges say, I mean surely Manu and Pete know more them then right.  Even Pete at one stage tonight just looked at one guy like he wanted to say "you have got to be kidding that was a fantastic dish"

#25 *Mrs_Cullen*

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

If these Tassie guys dont win i will throw something through my TV.

They are amazing..

Geez there are some witches on here..ballet boy included..
WTF is with the scores ?? Seriously !! They did great, should have been WAY higher.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly café goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.