OMG ! BFP?! - UPDATE #38
but now look what Ive done...

44 replies to this topic

#1 maryanneK

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

ohmy.gif
this is me right now
long back story, TTC #1 for 2 years, and 5 pregnancies in that time, none stuck.
this month I didnt much like my chances. I posted a vent 2 weeks ago about being tired and sick and grumpy and not wanting to DTD. Only managed it twice all month.

started testing last week at about 23 days into cycle. dont know exactly when I O'd but thought about day 14 which is usual for me. My cycles are regular 28/29 days. All my other pregnancies I've had definite symptoms and positive tests really early - I think my earliest was day 23. Tested a couple of times a day from day 23 to 26 then gave up. decided definitely negative then and promptly went out to celebrate/commiserate and had a fair bit to drink. tested again day 28, still neg. ran out of tests and gave up anyway. cant tell you how 'non pregnant' I feel., and on top of all the neg tests, lack of symptoms and lack of DTD this month...well....Anyway get to day 31 today and think hmm thats weird. Buy a test on the way home from work....and get a BFP !

cant get excited, just think there must be some mistake. also really worried as since I 'knew' I wasnt pregnant this month I've been drinking wine, eating soft cheese, and eating ham and salami like crazy!! Normally I avoid all that stuff for all of the 2ww....I've even been drinking de-caff coffee for the last 2 weeks...except for the last few days when I've been back to strong coffee and loving it!

I feel terrible...could this be the long awaited BFP? unsure.gif No point getting excited but am also really worried about how bad Ive been after being so careful for so long :-(
should I be excited? Could the BFP be a mistake? Line was faint but definitely there. DH spotted it from a few metres away!

help am going crazy... rolleyes.gif
thanks for reading this turned into a bit of a rant!

Edited by maryanneK, 10 February 2013 - 10:49 AM.

#2 Dionysus

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

FX this is a sticky for you

As for eating/drinking the 'wrong' things, it largely doesn't matter this early.

Relax (as best you can).  I really hope this is it for you!!

#3 Chelli

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

Fingers crossed for you!

#4 imamumto3

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

congratulations.

from conception to before I found out I was pregnant I ate cheese, drank wine, had taken cold and flu tablets and nurofen and did heaps and heaps of physical lifting and throwing.  dd has turned out ok!

#5 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

Congratulations OP. I remember your previous posts. I really hope it works out for you original.gif

#6 Nofliesonme

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

Everytime I eat all the wrong foods and drink I'm always pregnant without knowing

#7 maryanneK

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:00 AM

thanks so much everyone. I'm going to get some more tests today (why oh why did I only buy one last night?! Oh thats right because I was sure it was going to be negtive and didnt see the point wasting money on extra tests!) and hopefully go for a blood test as well to see how my HCG levels are.

fingers crossed, I guess  unsure.gif

#8 ani1

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

Congratulations and good luck , I hope it's a sticky one for you original.gif

#9 Elemenopee

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

Good luck OP!

#10 MuddyPuddles

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

Fingers crossed its a sticky one for you! I wouldnt worry about eating / drinking at this point, its still such early days.

Hoping this is a  big congratulations for you!

#11 Natttmumm

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Congrats to you.
Don't worry about the food stuff. I would eat drink be merry until pregnant.

#12 jill1972

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Nah, don't worry about it, I did that too with my first pg.  I had a number of big drinking days before I realised I was pg.  Congratulations!!!

_________

#13 miinii

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

Congratulations OP!!!! hope this one sticks

#14 Pretty Wings

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

Massive congrats!!!!

I have heard many stories like this - people do the "right" things in the tww and then nothing.

But as soon as you think you aren't pregnant and start drinking the coffee and wine and cheeses etc... boom it happens!

Starting to think I should try that, might bring me some baby luck!

Awesome news, don't worry about what you have eaten/drunk.  This early on I wouldn't think it would matter too much - imagine all the people who aren't trying to get pregnant and do anyway, and they have no idea either.  

Be happy , this is all good news original.gif  FIngers crossed for ya!

#15 pinkcupcakes

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

isnt that always the way! congrats op all the best and hope to hear a happy update soon! bbighug.gif

#16 *melrose*

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Well done op, wish you all the best wink.gif

#17 handsfull

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

Fingers crossed the "bad stuff" has done the job for you.

I remember doing my FET and then having to do a photography course in the absolute freezing cold sitting on wet concrete for hours.....

I reckon it must of snuggled in deeper to keep warm as I got my ID twins from it!!

GL and hope all goes well.  Keep us posted!!!

#18 maryanneK

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

Thanks so much everyone! I feel really touched by your responses and all your kind wishes bbighug.gif Im very pleased to be able to give you an update....another bfp this morning and a confirmed positive blood test at Dr today!  It's still sinking in. I know I've got a long way to go but I am at least pregnant right now, so that's worth celebrating!  happy.gif

#19 pinkcupcakes

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

ddance.gif hooray!! thats fantastic op! all the best for a snugglier stickier egg than the world has ever seen! hands.gif

#20 MrsRadiant

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

maryanneK huge Congrats!! FX for a sticky bubba

#21 DonnaNobelHasBeenS

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

That is just fantastic news. Good for you.

#22 maryanneK

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:27 AM

thanks so much everyone! I have to have another blood test in 2 days so here's hoping i get a lovely big HCG rise!
I'll let you know original.gif

#23 sophie222

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

Big congrats OP xox

#24 maryanneK

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

Update! Just heard from the doctor with a second blood test result....
I was so nervous and just hands.gif  that I'd get a good rise, hoping for HCG doubling in the 48 hours between tests
Imagine how excited I was to hear that it hadnt just doubled...it had tripled eexcite.gif

Its a good level for this early. Trying so hard not get excited but I've had 4 pregnancies that have never even made it this far so its a good sign..maybe this is going to be my baby blush.gif

keep fingers crossed for me

#25 Taffyk

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

Yay!!  Really great news!

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Australia's top baby names of 2013

Essential Baby has compiled the data available from government records around the country to bring you the list of Australia's top baby names of 2013.

Sara James: fighting for my daughter

Sara James was a high-profile New York journalist, but it was her own daughter's story which raised the most questions.

Siblings and best of friends

I know we'll have some tense moments. I know there will be arguments. But I also know these two will always have this most beautiful bond.

In defence of mums on the phone

I know news stories always attract a range of opinions, and I know they're a place for people to have an anonymous dig in. However, I also know that this mum bashing has to stop.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

Pregnancy essentials for the second and third trimesters

So you're through the first trimester of pregnancy - congratulations! Here are some tips for getting through the next six months as comfortably and happily as possible.

Coles Easter eggs recalled due to presence of tree nuts

An allergic reaction has lead to the urgent recall of a variety of Coles brand Easter eggs.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Why I love the small age gap between my kids

Six months after our son turned one, we welcomed son number two into our lives. Yes, the small age gap had been planned - and there are things I love and hate about that small gap.

Parents warned about posting kids' photos online

Parents could be putting their kids at risk by posting images and information online which give away personal details, such as where they go to school and which parks they frequent.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Mum's the word when it comes to baby news

The arrival of a baby is big news, but friends and family need to understand it is not their news to share.

What?s in your parenting toolbox?

So often as parents, we don?t really talk about our ?parenting toolboxes?. But you need to be aware of what you and your partner are working with, and to decide what does and doesn't fit in your lives.

Classroom pregnancy prank goes viral

An American college professor has had to rethink his strict rule about answering cell phones in class after being the victim of an April Fools' prank that has gone viral.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Australia's top baby names of 2013

Essential Baby has compiled the data available from government records around the country to bring you the list of Australia's top baby names of 2013.

Video: Dad turns son into action movie hero

Many kids would love to be an action movie hero in real life, but very few will ever be able to see themselves in movies like these.

Toilet training in winter

There?s no need to stop thinking about toilet training just because the temperature is dropping: winter is a good a time as any to start the process.

What do you do all day?

It's the question all new mothers dread. For Kate Fridkis, it's a question that strikes to the heart of what it is to be a woman.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Video: Baby starts his day with a dance party

Few people start their day the same way this little guy does ? dancing, smiling, and generally having an awesome time.

IKEA announces bed canopy recall

IKEA has recalled its range of bed canopies designed to suspend above children?s beds following reported cases of injuries and entanglement.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.