Name suggestions!*
*I seem to have quite different tastes in names!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Le-a

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Hi y'all!

It's only very early, got a BFP yesterday, but I'm starting a list! Please add your suggestions.

DS is Louis

Boy

Enzo, Reto, Wolf, Iggy, Ace, Walter

Girl

Frankie, Anouk, Manon, Roux, Alba

Won't be finding out the sex wink.gif

Thanks!

#2 hoohoobump

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

Enzo

Alba

#3 Flimsy*But*Fun

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

Love love love Walter.  Was my grandfather's name, my brother's middle name and my nephew's middle name...
Walter William
Kent Walter
Jasper Walt.

Out of the girls...
Frankie, sweet as, my stepcousin's daughter is Frankie;
Also like Anouk.

None of the others are my style.
Eta: congrats on your BFP!

Edited by Flimsy*But*Fun, 22 January 2013 - 05:40 PM.

#4 kerilyntaryn

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

Vincent
Theodore
felix
Arthur
Errol
Gerald
Gerard
Harold
Magnus
Milo
Rex
Frederick
George
Harry
Martin
Perry
Randall
Victor
Robert
Richard
Roland
Rupert
Stanley
Wilbert
Wesley

Prudence
Temperance
Heather
Hazel
Ida
Delphine
Delma
Ailsa
Ada
Cora
Nora
Maeve
Odette
Phoebe
Penelope
Ruth
Sadie
Sally
Victoria
Yvette

Elsie

#5 Guest_3Keiki_*

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

love manon
for boys anything but wolf and ace........

#6 la di dah

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

Congrats!

Wolf is my brother's middle name. He has always liked it and I like it too, but it was a bit of a family name.

I like Ace but I've generally heard it as a nick for Alexander. Similarly I'd also like it for Alastair though that's less traditional I think.

Roux is nice but while I love the pronunciation, I prefer the spelling Rue, because I like the herbal/floral connotations. And roux does make me think of gravy, sorry.

Other ideas:
Girls
Rosalba
Margaux
Ria
Marisol
Mara
Ninon, Nina
Sabine, Simone

Boys
Fox
Rio
Jethro, Yitro
Ezra
Arik
Ari, Avi
Bram

#7 fifi-trixibelle

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

Enzo and Manon are quite good but I don't really like any of the others.

Suggestions:
Louis and Vincent
Louis and Edgar
Louis and Quinn/Quinten/Quinlan
Louis and Baxter
Louis and Dexter
Louis and Archer
Louis and Saxon
Louis and Jude
Louis and Julius/Julian
Louis and Brady
Louis and Byron
Louis and Alistair
Louis and Erik/Eric
Louis and Seamus
Louis and Sebastian
Louis and Tobias
Louis and Elias
Louis and Elliot
Louis and Seth
Louis and Marcus
Louis and Victor
Louis and Finlay
Louis and Flynn
Louis and Oscar

Louis and Elsa
Louis and Asha
Louis and Elke
Louis and Indira/Indigo
Louis and Erica
Louis and Serena
Louis and Samara
Louis and Vienna
Louis and Zahli/Zahlia
Louis and Xanthe/Xanthia
Louis and Tabitha
Louis and Isla
Louis and Dominica/Dominique
Louis and Maisie
Louis and Tess/Tessa
Louis and Harriet
Louis and Henrietta
Louis and Susannah
Louis and Willow
Louis and Helena
Louis and Freya
Louis and Mali
Louis and Yasmin

#8 dorkalicious

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

Adore Enzo and strangely like Walter!

Frankie is a fav of mine but I could only imagine using it as a nickname and don't like the full versions much. Anouk is quite good but when I read your list I immediately thought 'Lux'.

Congrats on the BFP!

#9 la di dah

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

I will say I like Frankie, but only short for Frances or Francesca.

#10 ubermum

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

I like Walter and Wolf. I do a lot of cooking and just can't like Roux, that's a sister for Stock. LDD has some very good suggestions.

#11 eachschoolholidays

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Frankie and Iggy but only if they are nicknames for Francesca and Ignatius

#12 Le-a

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (Sassy Girl @ 22/01/2013, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IMO they are all awful and any child named any of those names is likely to be bullied.

The funny thing about this comment is that I have a really, really, unusual name that you would probably think is "awful", yet I was never teased for it despite growing up in quite a backwards, narrow minded country town (apologies to my townsfolk).

It's not the kids who have a problem with "weird" names, it's their parents - some kids will pick up on this and run with it, use it to bully. But if they aren't being teased for a name it's for the lunch they brought with them that day or the shoes they wear or that they kissed their dad when they got dropped off at school that morning. Kids will find something.

I am eternally grateful for the name my parents gave me. It is unique, and suits me. Whatsmore I think i suit IT, and that, to me, is a gift (to live up to a name).

I hope to give that to my children, as well.

I think I agree with PP about Roux. I just love the spelling, but it is too foody.

Great suggestions everyone, especially la di dah. I do love Fox but I already know one. How do you pronounce Yitro?

Keep the suggestions coming good people of EB land!

#13 la di dah

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

I've heard a little bit of accent-jiggling before, but usually Yee-tro.

#14 Le-a

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

I love Lux btw!

#15 Gudrun

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:10 AM

I like Louis and Wolf and Louis and Manon.

Thoughts:

Axel
Claude
Amos
Ezra
Emile
Ira
Otto
Remy
Silas
Saul
Theo
Raphael

Coco
Juno
Miette
Mimi
Mignon
Mara
Soleil
Odile
Pippa
Tessa
Minette
Giselle
Patrice
Aurore
Celeste
Colette
Cecile

#16 José

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

Those are names I would never choose so feel free to discard my opinion but the ones I prefer are enzo and walter. With frankie as a nn for a more formal name.

#17 little lion

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

Manon is swoon worthy but I wonder if the typical Aussie accent would butcher it.

Remy would be my pick for Louis's brother.

#18 vanessa71

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

Congrats on the BFP!

I like Iggy and Anouk.

#19 Z-girls rock

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

I LOVE:
Wolf or  Iggy

I LOVE

Anouk

#20 countrymel

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

Walter and Anouk

Walter is a rip snorter of a name and is way more effortlessly cool than some of your others which (please don't take offence) seem to be trying a little too hard.

#21 PippityRoo

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

*swoon*

Alba & Wolf are my faves from your list.

Frankie & Ace are awesome also.

Ooh I do like Roux too! (DD3's nn is Roo)

#22 Le-a

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

PippityRoo your kids have awesome names! I would love to hear some of your name cast-offs?? Pls...

#23 tres-chic

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

Wow, gorgeous names.

I love Enzo and Anouk!

#24 lafonda

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

All your choices are NMS, but I want a daughter calls Aubrey so feel free to ignore me.

#25 schnookaberg

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

Another vote for Anouk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Britain's youngest parents: mother 12, father 13

A 12-year-old schoolgirl and her 13-year-old boyfriend are believed to have become Britain?s youngest parents, after the birth of their baby girl earlier this week.

When Prince George met Bilby George

Prince George has met an Aussie marsupial named after him in his first official engagement in Australia.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Pregnant woman dies after doctor removes ovary instead of appendix

When a UK woman went to hospital suffering appendicitis, doctors mistakenly removed her healthy ovary - with tragic consequences.

The milestones I can't wait to celebrate

Nothing can beat the feeling of witnessing that first smile, first step and first word - but here's a list of 'firsts' I'm really looking forward to now.

How you develop in your baby's first year

Just as babies undergo rapid growth as they learn and change in their first year, we?re learning and changing quickly as parents, too. Don?t underestimate the developmental stages you go through when you have a baby.

Can you make your baby smarter even before birth?

A product new to Australia claims to help babies be born "as intelligent as possible", but not all experts agree on the benefits of educating babies while still in the womb.

How a mother's love helped unearth the skills of an autistic savant

Autistic savant Ping Lian Yeak, a prodigious artist who has had his work shown all over the world, couldn't have done it without the support and love of his proud mum.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

A tiny heart: a baby?s death gives life to another

Simon Alexander Garcia lived only one brief hour. But somewhere, a little girl?s heart is beating today because of him.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Why is childbirth still such a pain?

The options given to women to help them cope in labour have barely changed in years.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Ideas for recording baby milestones

Get the props, lights and camera ready to record the milestone moments in your baby's first months and years. Tip: set a reminder in your phone (or jot it in a calendar) to make sure you remember it every month.

From penis amputation to fatherhood

After a botched circumcision as a child, Mike Moore was left without a penis. Years later, and after meeting the right surgeon, he was able to become a dad - naturally.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Your baby's first shoes, made with your own hands

Imagine someone saying to you, "Your baby?s shoes are magnificent, where?d you get them?" And you reply, "Oh, these? I made them."

Mother bites off pit bull's ear to save toddler

What would you do if your child was being attacked by a vicious dog? One mother recently had to learn the hard way.

Couple dies 15 hours apart after 70 years of marriage

A couple who held hands at breakfast every morning even after 70 years of marriage have died 15 hours apart.

Behind the scenes of Kate and George's cuddly photo

Every face is partially obscured, but there's no denying the happiness and love in the faces of the royal mum and bub.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Your baby?s developmental roadmap

Caring for your new baby can feel like driving along a dark highway without a GPS: you know your destination ? a happy, healthy human being ? but you?re not sure whether you?re heading in the right direction.

Breaking out of the isolation of motherhood

There can be many reasons for mummy isolation ? and you don?t have to be a new mother to feel like you're often doing it all alone. Here, mums share their stories of feeling isolated, and what they do to try to break out of it.

The billionaire baby with $10,000 worth of prams

When money is no object you can go all out when it comes to baby transportation, as this billionaire socialite has shown.

Medication helps depressed mums to breastfeed

Breastfeeding mums are often told their medication may pass into their milk, but a new study suggests the benefits of taking antidepressants are greater than any risks to baby.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.