Name suggestions!*
*I seem to have quite different tastes in names!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Le-a

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Hi y'all!

It's only very early, got a BFP yesterday, but I'm starting a list! Please add your suggestions.

DS is Louis

Boy

Enzo, Reto, Wolf, Iggy, Ace, Walter

Girl

Frankie, Anouk, Manon, Roux, Alba

Won't be finding out the sex wink.gif

Thanks!

#2 hoohoobump

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

Enzo

Alba

#3 Flimsy*But*Fun

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

Love love love Walter.  Was my grandfather's name, my brother's middle name and my nephew's middle name...
Walter William
Kent Walter
Jasper Walt.

Out of the girls...
Frankie, sweet as, my stepcousin's daughter is Frankie;
Also like Anouk.

None of the others are my style.
Eta: congrats on your BFP!

Edited by Flimsy*But*Fun, 22 January 2013 - 05:40 PM.

#4 kerilyntaryn

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

Vincent
Theodore
felix
Arthur
Errol
Gerald
Gerard
Harold
Magnus
Milo
Rex
Frederick
George
Harry
Martin
Perry
Randall
Victor
Robert
Richard
Roland
Rupert
Stanley
Wilbert
Wesley

Prudence
Temperance
Heather
Hazel
Ida
Delphine
Delma
Ailsa
Ada
Cora
Nora
Maeve
Odette
Phoebe
Penelope
Ruth
Sadie
Sally
Victoria
Yvette

Elsie

#5 Guest_3Keiki_*

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

love manon
for boys anything but wolf and ace........

#6 la di dah

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

Congrats!

Wolf is my brother's middle name. He has always liked it and I like it too, but it was a bit of a family name.

I like Ace but I've generally heard it as a nick for Alexander. Similarly I'd also like it for Alastair though that's less traditional I think.

Roux is nice but while I love the pronunciation, I prefer the spelling Rue, because I like the herbal/floral connotations. And roux does make me think of gravy, sorry.

Other ideas:
Girls
Rosalba
Margaux
Ria
Marisol
Mara
Ninon, Nina
Sabine, Simone

Boys
Fox
Rio
Jethro, Yitro
Ezra
Arik
Ari, Avi
Bram

#7 fifi-trixibelle

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

Enzo and Manon are quite good but I don't really like any of the others.

Suggestions:
Louis and Vincent
Louis and Edgar
Louis and Quinn/Quinten/Quinlan
Louis and Baxter
Louis and Dexter
Louis and Archer
Louis and Saxon
Louis and Jude
Louis and Julius/Julian
Louis and Brady
Louis and Byron
Louis and Alistair
Louis and Erik/Eric
Louis and Seamus
Louis and Sebastian
Louis and Tobias
Louis and Elias
Louis and Elliot
Louis and Seth
Louis and Marcus
Louis and Victor
Louis and Finlay
Louis and Flynn
Louis and Oscar

Louis and Elsa
Louis and Asha
Louis and Elke
Louis and Indira/Indigo
Louis and Erica
Louis and Serena
Louis and Samara
Louis and Vienna
Louis and Zahli/Zahlia
Louis and Xanthe/Xanthia
Louis and Tabitha
Louis and Isla
Louis and Dominica/Dominique
Louis and Maisie
Louis and Tess/Tessa
Louis and Harriet
Louis and Henrietta
Louis and Susannah
Louis and Willow
Louis and Helena
Louis and Freya
Louis and Mali
Louis and Yasmin

#8 dorkalicious

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

Adore Enzo and strangely like Walter!

Frankie is a fav of mine but I could only imagine using it as a nickname and don't like the full versions much. Anouk is quite good but when I read your list I immediately thought 'Lux'.

Congrats on the BFP!

#9 la di dah

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

I will say I like Frankie, but only short for Frances or Francesca.

#10 ubermum

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

I like Walter and Wolf. I do a lot of cooking and just can't like Roux, that's a sister for Stock. LDD has some very good suggestions.

#11 eachschoolholidays

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Frankie and Iggy but only if they are nicknames for Francesca and Ignatius

#12 Le-a

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (Sassy Girl @ 22/01/2013, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IMO they are all awful and any child named any of those names is likely to be bullied.

The funny thing about this comment is that I have a really, really, unusual name that you would probably think is "awful", yet I was never teased for it despite growing up in quite a backwards, narrow minded country town (apologies to my townsfolk).

It's not the kids who have a problem with "weird" names, it's their parents - some kids will pick up on this and run with it, use it to bully. But if they aren't being teased for a name it's for the lunch they brought with them that day or the shoes they wear or that they kissed their dad when they got dropped off at school that morning. Kids will find something.

I am eternally grateful for the name my parents gave me. It is unique, and suits me. Whatsmore I think i suit IT, and that, to me, is a gift (to live up to a name).

I hope to give that to my children, as well.

I think I agree with PP about Roux. I just love the spelling, but it is too foody.

Great suggestions everyone, especially la di dah. I do love Fox but I already know one. How do you pronounce Yitro?

Keep the suggestions coming good people of EB land!

#13 la di dah

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

I've heard a little bit of accent-jiggling before, but usually Yee-tro.

#14 Le-a

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

I love Lux btw!

#15 Gudrun

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:10 AM

I like Louis and Wolf and Louis and Manon.

Thoughts:

Axel
Claude
Amos
Ezra
Emile
Ira
Otto
Remy
Silas
Saul
Theo
Raphael

Coco
Juno
Miette
Mimi
Mignon
Mara
Soleil
Odile
Pippa
Tessa
Minette
Giselle
Patrice
Aurore
Celeste
Colette
Cecile

#16 José

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

Those are names I would never choose so feel free to discard my opinion but the ones I prefer are enzo and walter. With frankie as a nn for a more formal name.

#17 little lion

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

Manon is swoon worthy but I wonder if the typical Aussie accent would butcher it.

Remy would be my pick for Louis's brother.

#18 vanessa71

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

Congrats on the BFP!

I like Iggy and Anouk.

#19 Z-girls rock

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

I LOVE:
Wolf or  Iggy

I LOVE

Anouk

#20 CountryFeral

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

Walter and Anouk

Walter is a rip snorter of a name and is way more effortlessly cool than some of your others which (please don't take offence) seem to be trying a little too hard.

#21 lactasticmama

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

*swoon*

Alba & Wolf are my faves from your list.

Frankie & Ace are awesome also.

Ooh I do like Roux too! (DD3's nn is Roo)

#22 Le-a

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

PippityRoo your kids have awesome names! I would love to hear some of your name cast-offs?? Pls...

#23 tres-chic

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

Wow, gorgeous names.

I love Enzo and Anouk!

#24 lafonda

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

All your choices are NMS, but I want a daughter calls Aubrey so feel free to ignore me.

#25 schnookaberg

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

Another vote for Anouk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

A mum's tragic battle against inflammatory breast cancer

At just 37 years of age, with two young sons, Vicki was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. Now her family wants all women to know the symptoms.

The business of babies around the world

Pregnancy and birth is an intriguing process no matter where you are in the world. One soon-to-be father gleans wisdom from a new guide.

Finding a positive path through IVF

It’s not surprising that IVF is often seen as a negative journey towards the ultimate positive, but having a glass-half-full approach can make a big difference to the experience.

Giving strangers the gift of parenthood

A mum explains why she and her husband are choosing to gift their leftover embryos to help strangers achieve their dream of parenthood.

Does morning sickness get better or worse with each child?

Just as every baby is unique, so is every pregnancy. And that means morning sickness can vary a lot, too.

What's so wrong with looking 'mumsy', anyway?

Why is it that the word ‘mumsy’ has connotations of such a negative nature – but seems to be the only other option apart from ‘yummy’?

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

The mum who never met her baby

There was one more thing Kymberlie Shepherd wanted to experience in life - motherhood. But a rare illness took her first.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.