Sick of being pregnant
11 days from due date...

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Electric_Blue

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

Hi Ladies,

I just have to vent a little...I know I am really lucky to have had a fairly smooth pregnancy, although I did suffer a miscarriage previously before...but I am just so sick of being pregnant.

I feel like a whale...I can't really shave my legs (I just tried...I missed the left side of my left leg...guess a job for DH to do when he gets home from work)

I would love to go out and enjoy my final days as a childless woman. But I really don't have the energy and don't much enjoy looking for a toilet every hour or so. Not to mention the heat isn't exactly kind to pregnant women. (note to self...don't ever have another summer baby)

The house is fairly tidy...I would love to do the whole thing top to toe. But after only a short while my back gets really really sore. I am really looking forward to not being so weighed down.

I know labour and childbirth is probably going to hurt so bad...but I'm hoping I can cope knowing that not only do I get a beautiful baby out of it all...but I also get my body back to myself! (Well sort of...I do want to breastfeed)

I've been hoping everyday since I was officially 37 weeks that I would go into labour. Really hope it happens soon!

#2 Rolex

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

Awww hang in there, not long to go original.gif  Besides, I noticed your EDD and have to say February people are awesome, I am one biggrin.gif

Good luck with your birth when it happens!

#3 Electric_Blue

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

Thanks Rolex. I do hope Feb Babies are awesome...so awesome that they sleep mostly through the night =P

I will hang in there...got no choice really. Can't wait to meet this little guy though. =)

#4 SophieBear

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

You're on the last sprint now! You can do it original.gif

#5 MrsLexiK

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Hopefully it is not too long now! Just think at least it is only 9 months not 2 yrs like elephants original.gif

#6 babycat

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

I feel your pain Electric_blue, I'm almost 36 weeks with twins and most uncomfortable.  Counting down the days till I meet these new bubbas.

#7 Electric_Blue

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

Poor elephants!

Good luck with your twins babycat!

#8 .MrsM.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

i could have written your post OP!

today i've just cracked it and have decided enough! ive experienced being pregnant and i want him out now.

i have had a 'perfect' pregnancy, so nothing bad to complain about, im just over it.

and i can't stand suprises and not knowing what is going to happen, so these last few weeks are my worst nightmare! waiting, waiting, waiting.....aaargh!

#9 Natttmumm

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

I know how you feel. Ive got just over 3 weeks to go and struggling.

I also have 2 kids at home. Some days i feel like i wont get through.

Come on little baby!!!

#10 RealityBites

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

I know how you feel and I am not due until May!

Today I feel hot, cranky, hormonal and sick (HG pregnancy).

Hope your baby comes out soon  original.gif

#11 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

You're on the home stretch! Hang in there.

#12 Electric_Blue

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

Well not sure if it was the venting I did yesterday...but my waters broke last night and I've had contractions on and off this morning...finish line is indeed in sight now!

#13 spottydog

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

Good luck OP, im due this Friday and well and truly ready to meet my baby.

spottydog.

#14 Natttmumm

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

Wow how exciting. You will be meeting your bub so soon. I might start venting if thats what worked

#15 SophieBear

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

Great news Electric_Blue!

Baby must have heard you...

Should I continue stalking for a baby pic?  ph34r.gif

#16 Little.One

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

Fantastic news! Good luck!

I'm due this Sunday and know how u feel. I've started having some prelabour signs the past couple of days and back pain this morning. Hopefully ill be as lucky as you and baby will arrive early.

Looking forward to reading your announcement!

#17 tribemama

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

Oh I hear ya. Ive got much further to go though, Im not due till the very last day of Feb and my babies always like to hang out in there for longer.
I am hot, sticky, tired, and very sore with SPD. I want to clean my house and be a more fun Mum for the girls on school holidays but I simply cannot do it. I feel bad for DP as he works in this heat and then comes home and does all that I cant do. So over being preg, crappy Mum and crappy partner, and AGES to go.

#18 tribemama

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

well clearly I didnt read the second page!
Good for you OP. How exciting. I cannot wait for my turn.

#19 Electric_Blue

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

Soo...waters have broken I have irregular contractions but haven't gone into labour just yet. However, I am booked to be induced Thursday morning if nothing happens before then.

Hopefully give me a chance to get some more Zzzz's....I am wrecked from last night.

Thanks for all the well wishes...looking forward to sharing some good news in the very near future. =)

#20 WallyMoos

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

How exciting good luck with it! I hope bub is here very soon!

#21 ubermum

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Good luck op..

Edited by ubermum, 22 January 2013 - 06:45 PM.

#22 elmo_mum

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

ffs
all you "ladies" complaining about the fact that
you cant shave your legs cos your bellys too big
you need to pee every hour
you feel like a whale

u know what?

i wished i could complain about all those things

i MISSED out on all those things
cos my bubba came out at 24 weeks

try sitting in a nicu for 4 month, fearing THAT call in 3 in the morning... fearing that your bubba wouldnt make it, or there would be something wrong!

go to the preemy pages and look at other people who NEVER had those things you are complaining about!!!

count your blessings!

Edited by elmo_mum, 22 January 2013 - 06:45 PM.

#23 ubermum

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

I get your frustration elmo_mum, but your vent is misplaced here. You can whinge about your lot, just as pregnant women can whinge about theirs.

#24 spottydog

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

OP any update.

#25 caroldiem

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

elmo_mum - Firstly  bbighug.gif I 100% understand where you are coming from being a woman who has actually lost her son at 22 weeks i get it. But ubermum is right and i am sure the OP is extremely grateful and happy and appreciative that she is pregnant but it's important to take a step back and try and see it from their perspective pregnancy isn't easy either none of this is.....

It's all very hard and i know I am also sensitive to these threads my first thought is the same as yours but then i think No they have every right to WHINGE and i would never wish for anyone to be in our shoes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'Tired' mum dies of undiagnosed diabetes

New mum Nicky Rigby thought her exhaustion was due to the demands of looking after her baby. But the 26-year-old was seriously ill with diabetes, and died due to her condition not being diagnosed.

20 signs of a great relationship

The secret to a perfect relationship is admitting you are wrong after an argument, five kisses a day and sex twice a week, a new survey suggests.

Video: emotional 60-second Robin Williams tribute

Take a minute to remember some of the greatest films of your childhood ... and have a few tissues close at hand.

The realities of escaping domestic violence

?Why doesn?t she just leave?? is the common question people ask when trying to understand domestic violence. For many, leaving the relationship is far from straightforward.

Home truths: the DIY dos and don'ts

A professional renovator gives advice on which jobs you should do yourself, and which you should outsource.

Parenting lessons I?ve yet to learn

Instead of writing about the stuff I do know since becoming a mum, I thought I'd share some of the things I don't. These are the lessons that motherhood hasn't taught me.

Will I be wrecked 'down there' after birth?

Did you worry about how you would look "down there" after giving birth? This mum-to-be found plenty of women willing to share their knowledge.

The new weekend playgroup for working mums

Playgroups are great for kids and parents alike - but the downside is that they often meet during the week, leaving working mums out of the loop.

Letting your toddler be the boss at bedtime

Sick of spending hours trying to get your toddler to sleep? These experts say giving your child more of a say at bedtime might be the answer.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

Consulting 'Dr Google' when you're pregnant

We're all guilty of turning to the internet for a quick answer when we need medical advice, but Dr Google should be approached with caution - especially when you're pregnant.

16 ways to tie a scarf

Scarfs are the perfect winter accessory. Whether you're freezing at soccer training or wanting to add a splash of colour to a monochrome top, the right scarf will sort you out in no time. Just ask Nina Proudman.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

The simple way to support other parents

We may be raising children of different ages and sexes, with different personalities, but we, as parents, aren't that different - we all have similar struggles, fears, doubts, responsibilities.

Seeing the big picture when it comes to parenting

Sometimes it feels like hundreds of tiny cracks are spreading across the surface of our lives, creeping slowly into the foundations and threatening to make them crumble. How do we hold it all together?

How to spot a lactaboobiephobia sufferer

Lactation consultant Meg Nagle refused to stay silent when Facebook removed two photos of her breastfeeding. Instead, she coined a term to describe those who don't recognise breastfeeding for the natural and non-sexual act that it is.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Do you suffer from Precious Firstborn Syndrome?

Testing ?no more tears? shampoo in your own eyes, warming cucumber sticks so they're not cold straight from the fridge, waking a sleeping baby to check they?re still breathing: these are all symptoms of Precious Firstborn Syndrome.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

Mums hit hardest as flu cases skyrocket

The number of confirmed cases of influenza in Australia has doubled the number for the same time last year - and women are 25 per cent more likely to get it.

The mum who had four babies in nine months

Feeling exhausted due to the demands of caring for a baby? Imagine the life of this mum, who gave birth to three boys and one girl in just nine months.

Everything baby at Big W

Lowest prices on everything baby, only at Big W. Sale starts August 4 and ends August 20 2014.

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

Mum gives birth at school

Chinese manufacturers tap into the cute factor with tree-grown babies.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.