Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 WhimsicalDragonfly

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Gold!

#3 WhimsicalDragonfly

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Redmum - I've never heard of the enamel thing either. Doesn't sound like fun at all. Sounds like you've done a good job keeping your kids teeth as healthy as possible.

Studybug  - All the best for your mum's surgery.  Hope you feel better soon and it's not chicken pox!

AFM - Had another great day of the Calm Birth course. I recommend it for anyone considering calm birth strategies.

#4 redmum77

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

Silver!

Studybug - oh thats no good... Hope you can fight the bugs. You're in Brisbane arent you? Are the pox going around? Strange time of year... Rest heaps and guzzle that water!

DS used to make a huge fuss over brushing his teeth and has never liked very cold things, I think that's why I took him to the dentist actually. He was about 4? Maybe when they capped his teeth, which really helped. Thy said his adult teeth may come through the same but they can't know yet. I was just glad he didn't have to have them all out and replaced with metal ones like my nephew - that was awful, and a general anesthetic. But my sister fed them stacks of juices, homemade but still, it's just acid. Thn let him fall asleep without brushing often.

#5 LittleSpoon

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

Bronze?

Hope everyone is traveling well. Can't believe it's only around two months before we have our new bundles!

Good to hear the Calm Birth course has been good WD. I've booked in to an active birth workshop that I think will go through similar concepts.

Take care all!

#6 Cloria

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

Glad the Calm Birth classes are so good! I have a friend due in June that has booked her and her DH in. Unfortunately I left it too late and all the classes before my EDD booked out sad.gif

#7 tishka

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

Hi all,Haven't posted for a while due to general craziness, but have kept up with reading posts mostly.Welcome to late comers, and thoughts are with those with health issues with their bubs. Glad to read though that all seem to be in good spirits and coping well.
I'm 34w and now have a new due date, meaning that bub will arrive no later than 19 Feb.At the 12w scan, they discovered low PAPP-A levels, which could have indicated problems with the placenta. This is looking more and more likely as bub is measuring quite small, and combined with previous tests, they suspect the placenta will fail before my due date. On the plus side, apart from being small, bub is healthy, in proportion, and active. This also means that I avoid the last few weeks of discomfort! On the minus side, bub may have to arrive before 38w, and is at the moment frank breech, making c-section a strong possibility.
As long as there's a safe arrival, the rest will be corrected in time, so we're trying to keep that in mind. Have also got the very best of care, with weekly scans and a very attentive OB and staff.
Given all of that though, we've all of a sudden realised just how much we need to do in the next 4 weeks. We've bought a new car (to accommodate two car seats) which we will pick up on Friday, sold our old car this weekend (leaving us with no car for the week), and have got the double pram and car seats ready. Still have to organise storage and or garage sale to create room for a toddler room and nursery, and set up a study nook (after sacrificing our study for toddler bedroom). So nesting urge is in full swing, but have a increasingly clingy 2yo (it's uncanny how they sense change coming), and go back to work next week. The likelyhood of everything getting done before bub arrives is therefore not high, especially given my drs appointments and no car this week!
So, my resolve is to do what I can, when I can, and not stress about the things that will have to wait until after the birth. After all, our son slept in our room in our tiny unit until 6mths old, and there are plenty of families who have shared sleeping arrangements, or who sleep their newborns in a drawer. Separate rooms is a luxury, and a newborn really only needs to be feed and kept warm, and know that they are loved.
I would so love to have the energy to kick it up a gear and get everything done, but ... Not at the expense of other things. Sigh.
Anyway, glad to hear that most are feeling quite comfortable at this stage. I've never really experienced BH with either pregnancy, but from what I've read I feel for those who are. Home stretch now in any case! Here's to healthy arrivals for all!

#8 Minxybug

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

So I am and Aunty again Dh younger brother back home has just had a baby boy so exciting waiting to see some photos and get updates.
Can't wait to meet our little precious now

#9 awalmsley

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

Hi all
Whimsical and tishka - sounds like you are both experiencing a bit of a scary path at the moment, Modern medicine is amazing these days though as both your problems would not have been found without all the scans they do these days. Sending you lots of positive good vibes and hugs!

Our little bubba gave us a scare over the weekend when I didnt feel anything for 24 hours. Ended up ringing the hospital and I went in and they hooked me up to the heart monitor and some other gadgets and of course he started wiggling around big time then! Felt like an idiot but the midwives were lovely and very reassuring.  The monitors showed I had a braxton hicks contraction during it which was freaky to see. They can ease off though as still have a way to go before I want this baby out!

Nesting - I am soooooo into nesting now, but like you tishka have realised that some things are just not going to get done before the big day.  Most of our big stuff is done and organised. I just have the cool nursery stuff to do, like design the wall art and paint a few things. I am trying to wait till my girls go to school as otherwise they want to 'help' and then it doesnt end up looking like I wanted it too!! Is that mean??!!
Also having these crazy obsessions at the moment - like I must have new maternity pjs for hospital! I spent about a week searching online and in the shops, couldnt find anything I liked (or that I thought would work as maternity) so ended up buying another cheap target bf top and a pair of pj bottoms. Its so pathetic but I felt so much better knowing I had some nice pjs to wear!!!!

#10 awalmsley

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

forgot to say congrats Minxybug! Whats his name?? We are still searching.....

#11 Darwinmummy

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

Hello All---

Sorry for being a bit MIA. So busy with Christmas and house shopping....

Getting uncomfortable now--- wishing everyone as smooth as possible final leg...

Does anyone have any advice on Baby Hammocks as I think my MIL is intending to get us one....

Thank you

#12 *Katey*

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (Darwinmummy @ 22/01/2013, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello All---

Sorry for being a bit MIA. So busy with Christmas and house shopping....

Getting uncomfortable now--- wishing everyone as smooth as possible final leg...

Does anyone have any advice on Baby Hammocks as I think my MIL is intending to get us one....

Thank you

We bought one original.gif Obviously, we haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but it's absolutely beautiful (it's an AMBY baby hammock).

I asked around a lot before we got one, and I'd only heard good things. Not one person that had one, had regretted it, and they all loved it original.gif

#13 5ratbags

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

Hi guys,

Sorry been reading but not posting, had gastro last week and was running around after getting back doing back to school stuff!! blush.gif

I had a fall two days into the holiday and landed on my right side.I completely forgot there was a step outside our accomodation and walked into thin air!! Bubs and I were checked by paramedics and given the all clear.
Then two of  the kids got sunstroke right on New years eve, it was a bit of a disaster and our holiday ended up pretty much over!!

The gastro left me exhausted but I stubbornly crawled out of bed last thursday to go to the target baby sale. That was a BIG mistake I was spinning out and nearly collapsing. The one good thing, I found some bras that fit. No having to travel up to prahan and spending a fortune on bras. I still cant believe Target maternity bras actually fit me with good support!! blink.gif

I saw the OB today and little miss muffet is sitting in breech position, he tried to turn her but she flipped straight back,it was really painful. I so hope she turns around, having a cs fills me with dread.
I have had right rib pain under my boob since being sick and now I know it probably is coming from her being so high up. I am measuring 36 weeks so we are back up to 4 weeks ahead now. He took a long time looking at the cord flow which has got me wondering if something is up unsure.gif
My weight is still dropping, I have to go buy some new nighties for hospital even my smaller sized summer ones are hanging on me!!! ohmy.gif  I still havent quite figured out a going home outfit for myself either, I have been digging in to the back of the wardrobe and drawers trying to find clothes that fit me, I think I might need to check my clothes I have vacuumed sealed from pre Michael days but I am not sure how practical they would be to wear with a newborn sigh...

Whimsical  hhugs.gif  I know you will be trying to keep positive, but what ever you do dont bottle your feelings up. Make sure you let things out.
My family has got heart conditions galore, I have a cousin with a pacemaker, an uncle who nearly died from a massive heart attack in his 40s and had to retire from work, a great aunt who ended up with open heart surgery,my grandfather had a faulty heart valve that couldnt be repaired due to his age, my dads heart had a very strange Arrythmia and I have been diagnosed with SVT! I also have other relatives who on my dads side had heart attacks, so I get a double whammy from both sides of the family.
Add the high risk of a variety of cancers on my mums side of the family and I sometimes wonder who is going to be the unlucky child to inherit the family bag of goodies nno.gif
At least with modern medicine advances things can be detected and treated these days...

Tishka Crap about the failing placenta, but there is still time for bubs to turn before feb, hopefully your little one gets into a better position wink.gif

awalmsley Naughty bubba scaring you like that lol tongue.gif  Did you try drinking ice cold water, juice etc?It usually gets them moving wink.gif

Well we have got our act together and organised the main things needed. We now have a cruiser capsule,baby bath,bassinet with bedding and as of tonight when dh picks it up a chest of drawers with removable change table on top! I bought some cute things at pumpkin patch a few weeks ago including hat for when she is in hospital.Target had baby towels and face washers on clearance, so I bought some, I like the baby to have their own wink.gif  I have also laybyed some stretch and gro suits,a nice cot blanket,bibs etc as well as the fisher paykel baby swing at target, so now I just need to get the last bits and pieces for my hospital bag (baby bag is packed bar the nappies!) and we have everything that will be needed for when she first comes home!! The pram I will keep my eye on baby bunting doing a sale for as we have decided to go for the strider compact.

Well I had better post this and get a move on, dd#2 comes back from holiday with my mum tonight and dh has to pick them up from the airport so I have to make sure dinner is organised for the rest of us, as they wont be back until very late!!

Take Care,
Suzanne

#14 zackcat

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Glad to hear some positive comments on the Calm Birth course....we are booked to do it this weekend and am looking forward to it  original.gif

#15 Studybug

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

(my 3rd attempt to post, I will not get distracted this time wink.gif ).

HI ladies

Suzanne - sorry to hear you had a fall and then haven't been well.  Good to hear you were given the ok.  You've just reminded me to pop into Target for baby towels tomorrow - hopefully there's some left.

Tishka - you sound as though you've taken all your preg news in stride.  It's amazing to think the first of our group's babies will be here in 4 weeks!  

awalmsley - I understand the feeling of feeling like a bit of an idiot, but as all midwives say, it's better to call, go in and everything be ok then not call and things not be ok.  

Nesting - oh I wish the nesting bug would hit!  I got myself so busy a couple of weeks ago, cleaning and such and now motivation has just died in the...  I'm hoping after DS' birthday this week I get a sudden resurgence so I can work on the baby's room and get the house feeling organised again.  I don't even have the urge to buy baby stuff - what is going on?

AFM, thanks for the thoughts ladies.  Red, yup apparently chicken pox is going around Brisbane.  Midwife said it's safe at this gestation complication-wise, the issue is if a woman goes into labour with it.  This = vaccination at birth and monitoring for baby apparently.  So, due to first bub being slightly prem, the midwife was taking a cautious approach I think.  I'm feeling alot better today energywise.  Besides, I'm yet to develop a temp so I'm 99.99% sure I was just exhausted and a little rundown.

Calmbirth - I missed joining a class, but am (trying to) listen to some hypnobirthing tracks, and practice some breathing exercises.  It's hard to find the time, but I guess the reality is, time is running out to make it a habit.  Glad to hear you ladies are finding it worthwhile!

Chat soon,
Txo

#16 Minxybug

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

Morning all. I hope those that are having difficulties with their little ones are hanging in there. Really there is not long to go.

Got the details of my nephew Jack Mitchell born at 7.25pm 51 cms.

They are coming over for a wedding in April so I will get to meet him while he is still small and they will also get to meet precious.

I seriously think that this little one will be here by or on the 17th of March, it will be a girl around 7 pounds so lets see if I am right original.gif

#17 Studybug

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

oh lovely Aunty Minxybug - Congratulations!!

#18 Nataliah

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (zackcat @ 22/01/2013, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad to hear some positive comments on the Calm Birth course....we are booked to do it this weekend and am looking forward to it  original.gif

We're off to do Calm Birth this weekend too, where are you doing it?  We are going to Bowral.

#19 Cloria

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

So many people doing the Calm Birth course!! Why didn't anyone mention it earlier  laughing2.gif

#20 Nataliah

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (Cloria @ 22/01/2013, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So many people doing the Calm Birth course!! Why didn't anyone mention it earlier  laughing2.gif

I had a few people at work as well as friends recommend it.  I'm actually kind of excited about it... oh how times have changed.  This time last year i was excited about a boozy JJJ hottest 100 party at my place original.gif

#21 Minxybug

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

Katey woohoo into the 10 week countdown. Must feel good to finally reach 30 weeks but like me feel like there is still so long to go

#22 neneyb

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Hi Everyone!

I just joined the group today and wanted to say hello!
I live in the Adelaide Hills and have one DD aged 9. Lost a baby earlier this year at 10 weeks so I'm very happy to now be in my 30th week with this pregnancy. Had my daughter so long ago that all this feels new to me again lol.

Katey: Hi! I think we are due on exact same date!

Is anyone doing a pre-natal yoga class? Considering it as I am having terrible back pain on left side from mid back to my sciatic nerve. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem and what they did to relieve it.

Have never used a chat forum before but looks like fun! Wishing everyone blessings with their pregnancies. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Nene

#23 naturalgoodness

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

Hi Nene and welcome  biggrin.gif  another SA person - there aren't that many of us!

Calm birth - don't know much about it but certainly had a google when everyone started mentioning it

sorry for the lack of personals  unsure.gif  - I read everything you all write but don't really have anything to add!

I hope everyone is travelling well  wink.gif

#24 Cloria

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Hi Nene! I did my first pre natal yoga class last saturday but can't say it was to relieve any backpain. I imagine the stretching etc would be good for though - if nothing else it helps you to release/relax your muscles in general which tends to make everything feel better.

I know when I have muscle pain I don't realise but I tend to tense up and make it worse. I did go to a chiro earlier for some  rib pain and she was great! Just check they are trained to do prenatal work. She had a big cushion with a deep belly hole so I could lay on her table on my front, and she even put little pads under my hips to raise me up a bit further. Apparently when you are pregnant they can still crack the top half of your back and they just do minor things on your lower back (some massaging and pressure point stuff). Anyway I would highly recommend a chiro. I need to make another appointment with mine!

#25 LittleSpoon

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Hi Nene,

I've been doing pre-natal yoga throughout the pregnancy and I definitely feel more mobile/comfortable because of it (I can tell if I've been away a few weeks).  I had sciatica before the pregnancy, but fortunately it's hardly been around since.  I find doing gentle twists each day helps immensely.  I've also had treatment from an osteopath, which also seems to help.

Good luck!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Britain's youngest parents: mother 12, father 13

A 12-year-old schoolgirl and her 13-year-old boyfriend are believed to have become Britain?s youngest parents, after the birth of their baby girl earlier this week.

When Prince George met Bilby George

Prince George has met an Aussie marsupial named after him in his first official engagement in Australia.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Pregnant woman dies after doctor removes ovary instead of appendix

When a UK woman went to hospital suffering appendicitis, doctors mistakenly removed her healthy ovary - with tragic consequences.

The milestones I can't wait to celebrate

Nothing can beat the feeling of witnessing that first smile, first step and first word - but here's a list of 'firsts' I'm really looking forward to now.

How you develop in your baby's first year

Just as babies undergo rapid growth as they learn and change in their first year, we?re learning and changing quickly as parents, too. Don?t underestimate the developmental stages you go through when you have a baby.

Can you make your baby smarter even before birth?

A product new to Australia claims to help babies be born "as intelligent as possible", but not all experts agree on the benefits of educating babies while still in the womb.

How a mother's love helped unearth the skills of an autistic savant

Autistic savant Ping Lian Yeak, a prodigious artist who has had his work shown all over the world, couldn't have done it without the support and love of his proud mum.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

A tiny heart: a baby?s death gives life to another

Simon Alexander Garcia lived only one brief hour. But somewhere, a little girl?s heart is beating today because of him.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Why is childbirth still such a pain?

The options given to women to help them cope in labour have barely changed in years.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Ideas for recording baby milestones

Get the props, lights and camera ready to record the milestone moments in your baby's first months and years. Tip: set a reminder in your phone (or jot it in a calendar) to make sure you remember it every month.

From penis amputation to fatherhood

After a botched circumcision as a child, Mike Moore was left without a penis. Years later, and after meeting the right surgeon, he was able to become a dad - naturally.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Your baby's first shoes, made with your own hands

Imagine someone saying to you, "Your baby?s shoes are magnificent, where?d you get them?" And you reply, "Oh, these? I made them."

Mother bites off pit bull's ear to save toddler

What would you do if your child was being attacked by a vicious dog? One mother recently had to learn the hard way.

Couple dies 15 hours apart after 70 years of marriage

A couple who held hands at breakfast every morning even after 70 years of marriage have died 15 hours apart.

Behind the scenes of Kate and George's cuddly photo

Every face is partially obscured, but there's no denying the happiness and love in the faces of the royal mum and bub.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Your baby?s developmental roadmap

Caring for your new baby can feel like driving along a dark highway without a GPS: you know your destination ? a happy, healthy human being ? but you?re not sure whether you?re heading in the right direction.

Breaking out of the isolation of motherhood

There can be many reasons for mummy isolation ? and you don?t have to be a new mother to feel like you're often doing it all alone. Here, mums share their stories of feeling isolated, and what they do to try to break out of it.

The billionaire baby with $10,000 worth of prams

When money is no object you can go all out when it comes to baby transportation, as this billionaire socialite has shown.

Medication helps depressed mums to breastfeed

Breastfeeding mums are often told their medication may pass into their milk, but a new study suggests the benefits of taking antidepressants are greater than any risks to baby.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.