daily nausea
WDYT?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Frazzled Cat

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

And no, I'm not pregnant.

I've checked, twice, a week apart! Not to mention, I've been on the pill for 10 years straight, I'm not sure my uterus knows what its job is any more.

Generally, an evening onset.  Feels almost to the level of vomiting.  Started about a week and a half ago, when I overdid it on some dairy products.  (Have known, but generally ignorable lactose intolerance)

Cut right back on the dairy, only having in my 2-3 cups of tea per day.  Had a couple of splurges (cheese on pasta, small blob of cream on pie), which definitely made it worse, though it's there without it.

Bowels have been a bit unhappy -gassy, stubborn.

Any ideas?  GP worthy or just cut the dairy ALL the way out for a fortnight and hope it all settles itself down?

#2 fancie

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

Just having a bit of a guess here, maybe it's not so much dairy as the problem but the fat content of the dairy items you consume.

So my guess is, drumroll please .... gallbladder / bile duct?

Hope it's resolved soon, OP.

#3 erindiv

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

I'd be guessing either a tummy bug or your lactose intolerance has gotten worse. (if that is possible?)

#4 Frazzled Cat

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

I certainly know I overdid it...

In 2 days, a giant vanilla thickshake, cheesy pizza, iced coffee and probably an icecream for dessert in there.

I felt so awful sad.gif

#5 fancie

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

that's not overdoing it, OP - that's a lactose pig-out! LOL

#6 Phascogale

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

I'd probably cut out all dairy till your gut settles and heals a little if you're sure this is what's caused it.

However it may be something else?  Doctor will likely prescribe something to ease/stop the nausea (which may or may not work).  Could it also be a bit of mild food poisoning (unrelated to your lactose intolerance)?

#7 Frazzled Cat

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (fancie @ 20/01/2013, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that's not overdoing it, OP - that's a lactose pig-out! LOL

*blush*

Maybe just a little bit... ninja.gif

I'm having a black cup of tea this morning, going all out with no dairy.

Lunch is goign to be interesting, we're going to Montezumas (mexican).  Everything has cheese or sour cream, or weird combinations involving sultanas.

I might just order a side of rice and eat that LOL

I know i've got Maxalon somewhere, but I didn't think to use it.  At least if I cut out the dairy and the nausea stops I'll have it pinned down.

Edited by Soprano-Cat, 20 January 2013 - 09:54 AM.

#8 Academic

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE (Soprano-Cat @ 20/01/2013, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lunch is goign to be interesting, we're going to Montezumas (mexican).  Everything has cheese or sour cream, or weird combinations involving sultanas.

Maybe order the Montezumas Delight? It's mostly vegetables and the meat or beans layer underneath. Usually comes with just a sprinkle of grated cheese and maybe a dollop of sour cream on top, but you could ask not to include them (maybe ask for guacamole instead).

(Bit of a Montezuma's fanatic here ph34r.gif.)

#9 Frazzled Cat

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

I was thinking the chicken mexican, but I would never be able to eat that much food!

i'm a tiny eater.

#10 Ritaroo

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

Why don't you just go to a doctor? Might be more accurate then random strangers on an Internet forum.

#11 Riotproof

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

If you really need milk for your tea, you can lactose free cows milk. Liddells is the brand I think.

Probably best to pop into the dr though.

#12 2 Gorgeous Girls

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

I used to wake up vomiting every morning. I went to one Dr who spoke to be for 3 minutes then referred me to a psychologist for bulimia. Went to another Dr who prescribed Maxalon, which I hate taking but who also suggested I look to see if it was triggered by certain foods.

Tried cutting out milk as it's the most obvious, instant cure. Woohoo. I can tolerate A2 milk and cheese no problems. Cream gives me a really upset stomach, but sometimes it's totally worth it! biggrin.gif

I'd suggest seeing your Dr but it seems like you already know dairy is the cause original.gif

#13 JustBeige

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

I agree with Fancie.  I think your lactose intolerant system is having a "OMG Dude!"  moment. original.gif

I would cut out the dairy and switch to lactose free milk.  

If it keeps up of course toddle off to the doctors.

#14 Frazzled Cat

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (Ritaroo @ 20/01/2013, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why don't you just go to a doctor? Might be more accurate then random strangers on an Internet forum.

I was hoping for some fellow lactose-intolerance suffers to confirm whether or not they get nausea after a big binge.

I haven't had such an over-exposure in decades.  The worst I usually get is a bit phlegmy after a Baskin & Robbins treat.  Obviously, I've just pushed it too far.

I did have a dollop of extra thick cream on my apple pie last night, half an hour later I felt like I was going to puke.  Seems to be a fair correlation there.

It's going to make school lunches a PITA, though.  Ham & cheese sandwhich or cheese toastie are my staples *sigh*

#15 Stacey*

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

I am lactose intolerant and when I over do it I can get really sick and need to not have any lactose for about a week and then I am usually back to normal.

I drink lactose free milk and use lactose free cream in cooking.

#16 sarahs_three

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

Not much help but have you tryed to take lacteze? I use it for both myself and son and we have no problem with dairy.
I got my tabs from the chemist off the shelf.

#17 jovana

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

I used to get bad nausea from normal milk, especially skim milk for some reason. I do occasionally have to have something lactose loaded like today at a birthday party, I couldn't resist the cake. I don't feel nauseous that much anymore but I get bloated, painfully bloated, my breath stinks and also lots of gases come out the other end as well.
But at all times most of the symptoms go away within 5-6 hours .
It could be lactose that's making you feel like that but it won't hurt you to talk to the Dr.
Hope you'll feel better soon.

Edited by jovana, 20 January 2013 - 09:22 PM.

#18 Frazzled Cat

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

No lactose today, except whatever was in the pastry of my apple pie and the bit of chocolate I ate, and virtually no nausea.  Just a tinge.

#19 katrina24

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

I'm lactose intolerant, I can feel quite ill for a few days if I overindulge. Mine has definitely gotten worse since I turned 30.

#20 fancie

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

Sorry OP, hope you didn't think I was rude to you.

I should have mentioned in the "pig-out" post that I would have been right there beside you, scoffing all that yumminess down too!

#21 Mumma3

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Nt sure if this helps, but DD and I have  both been enjoying the Vaalia lactose free vanilla yoghurt for breakfast recently, and both of us have been getting terrible upset stomachs. Turns out they have add inulin to it, which is notorious for causing bloating, nausea, upset stomach etc.
Any chance you are having this brand of lactose free yoghurt?
Edited for stupid iPad correction that totally changed meaning

Edited by Mumma3, 21 January 2013 - 03:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Australia's top baby names of 2013

Essential Baby has compiled the data available from government records around the country to bring you the list of Australia's top baby names of 2013.

Sara James: fighting for my daughter

Sara James was a high-profile New York journalist, but it was her own daughter's story which raised the most questions.

Siblings and best of friends

I know we'll have some tense moments. I know there will be arguments. But I also know these two will always have this most beautiful bond.

In defence of mums on the phone

I know news stories always attract a range of opinions, and I know they're a place for people to have an anonymous dig in. However, I also know that this mum bashing has to stop.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

Pregnancy essentials for the second and third trimesters

So you're through the first trimester of pregnancy - congratulations! Here are some tips for getting through the next six months as comfortably and happily as possible.

Coles Easter eggs recalled due to presence of tree nuts

An allergic reaction has lead to the urgent recall of a variety of Coles brand Easter eggs.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Why I love the small age gap between my kids

Six months after our son turned one, we welcomed son number two into our lives. Yes, the small age gap had been planned - and there are things I love and hate about that small gap.

Parents warned about posting kids' photos online

Parents could be putting their kids at risk by posting images and information online which give away personal details, such as where they go to school and which parks they frequent.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Mum's the word when it comes to baby news

The arrival of a baby is big news, but friends and family need to understand it is not their news to share.

What?s in your parenting toolbox?

So often as parents, we don?t really talk about our ?parenting toolboxes?. But you need to be aware of what you and your partner are working with, and to decide what does and doesn't fit in your lives.

Classroom pregnancy prank goes viral

An American college professor has had to rethink his strict rule about answering cell phones in class after being the victim of an April Fools' prank that has gone viral.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Australia's top baby names of 2013

Essential Baby has compiled the data available from government records around the country to bring you the list of Australia's top baby names of 2013.

Video: Dad turns son into action movie hero

Many kids would love to be an action movie hero in real life, but very few will ever be able to see themselves in movies like these.

Toilet training in winter

There?s no need to stop thinking about toilet training just because the temperature is dropping: winter is a good a time as any to start the process.

What do you do all day?

It's the question all new mothers dread. For Kate Fridkis, it's a question that strikes to the heart of what it is to be a woman.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Video: Baby starts his day with a dance party

Few people start their day the same way this little guy does ? dancing, smiling, and generally having an awesome time.

IKEA announces bed canopy recall

IKEA has recalled its range of bed canopies designed to suspend above children?s beds following reported cases of injuries and entanglement.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.