#1 hey baby

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

original.gif Thanks!

#2 katieface84

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

too much  ph34r.gif

#3 Matthias' mum

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Soy cappuccino with 2 or3 slices of toast with jam for breakfast. If I'm really hungry I have 2 scrambled eggs as well.Morning tea: cup of tea and a muesli bar, or some fruit and a handful of nuts.Lunch: a sandwich with salad and maybe chicken or ham. A piece of fruit. Water.Afternoon tea: cup of tea, a couple of plain biscuits or some fruitDinner: some sort of lean meat 3-4 nights a week. Other night are vegetarian. At least 3-4 serves of vegetables. A glass of wine maybe twice a week. Dessert occasionally (once or twice a week, normally a scoop of sorbet)Supper: glass of soy milk

#4 Just Steph

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

When I am being good my day sort of looks like this...

Breakfast:  Coffee, oats with natural yoghurt, drizzle of honey, berries and cinnamon.

Morning tea: almonds, 1 piece of fruit or a green smoothie.

Lunch: cheese and salad wrap (mountain bread) with felafal, tahini and bbq sauce.

Afternoon tea: Coffee, cheese and crackers/cottage thins with tomatoes and cottage cheese.  

Dinner: vege sausages and salad or steamed veges/ tofu, vege and cashew nut stir fry/vege pizza on mountain bread with feta, tomatoes, olives, mushrooms and zucchini.

Edited by Just Steph, 16 January 2013 - 09:04 PM.

#5 .MrsM.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

breakfast: cereal with hi-lo milk (at the moment specialk) or toast with vegemite
morning tea: fruit, cup of tea
lunch: cruskits with cottage cheese, tomato, cucumber or salad sandwich
afternoon tea: fruit or popcorn
dinner: usually meat and veg of some description

loads of water all through the day too

#6 Oilucy

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

Breakfast - either Brookfarm gluten free porridge with coconut oil, flaxseed oil, tblsp low fat yoghurt and flaked coconut mixed through OR a vegetable smoothie (not to be mistaken for a juice as I make it with a Vitamix so it blends up all the pulp and fibre that a juicer would normally discard and is very filling and thick and nutritious) - eg avocado, beetroot, lemon, ginger, celery, spinach, cucumber and apple)

Lunch - Protein shake made with one piece of friuit (generally banana, peach, pineapple or watermelon) plus the following: t tbsp yoghurt OR half avocado, maca powder, spirulina, flaxseed oil, vit C powder, protein powder, liquid chlorophyll, almond milk, ice cubes, acai berry powder and mesquite powder all mixed up - yummy!

Dinner - Anything from atlantic salmon & steamed veg to pasta (no meat), fish & veg, salad & chicken and generally a roast dinner once a fortnight

Snacks in between are almonds, goji berries and occasionally dried prunes. Oh and lots of water.

#7 Missmarymack

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

45g All bran with full cream milk and a coffee or two for breakfast

Coffee and Fruit or no morning tea on weekdays, usually coffee and some toast or cake/biscuits etc on weekends

Sandwich (multigrain bread) with ham, chutney, mayo, cheese, lettuce, tomato and cucumber OR some sort of salad with maybe tuna or a boiled egg OR corn thins with cottage cheese and vegies for lunch. Usually with fruit, something sweet and a coffee

Fruit, sometimes a smoothie, maybe bread with peanut butter and jam. On bad days I just keep eating after lunch - today it was a nectarine, chai latte, 3 slices of banana and date loaf (no sugar, no fat - but still THREE slices) and 8 squares of chocolate *sigh*

Dinner is usually curry/casserole etc with rice or polenta or couscous, or meat and 5 veg. Usually only a small portion if meat and loads of vegies.

Then after the little ones are asleep - ice-cream or chocolate

I wish there wasn't so much junk at the moment though. I can't rid myself of this post baby bump sad.gif

#8 No girls here

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:05 AM

At the moment I am trying (unsuccessfully) to lose weight.

Breakfast: sultana bran, or 1 slice toast with vegemite, or small tin baked beans
Lunch: salad sandwich or salad or 1 sushi roll
Dinner: small amount (100g) meat or fish plus veges (no potatoes)
Snacks:  Piece of fruit and tub of forme yoghurt

When I am not trying to lose weight my meals are pretty much the same but I'd probably add in an extra piece of fruit, a chocolate bar and a glass of wine.

#9 lozoodle

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:14 AM

Average day:

Breakfast = weetbix, skim milk & a banana and a cup of coffee (though at the moment I'm going through a nutri grain phase which I know is pretty bad and full of sugar! Can't help it!).

Morning tea usually fruit.

Lunch = sandwich or 2 pieces of toast and a small tub yoghurt.

Afternoon tea = don't usually have it as am usually travelling home from work at this time, sometimes grab an apple or something when I get home if I can't wait until dinner.

Dinner = whatever we are having that night, but I eat early at 5pm with my kids.

When I'm in weight loss mode its similar but I am more mindful of portion size, and also tracking points (weight watchers).

Edited by lozoodle, 17 January 2013 - 07:15 AM.

#10 ~buzz~

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

since DS was born my day is basically

Breakfast - Cappucino, 2 pieces of toast and a piece of fruit

Lunch - ham or chicken sandwhich sometimes with salad sometimes just toasted with cheese

Tea - Meat (chicken, steak or fish) with potato, rice or pasta and vegies, pasta and sauce or chicken casserole etc

Snacks - cups of tea, fruit, biscuits oh and chocolate original.gif

Edited by ~buzz~, 17 January 2013 - 08:41 AM.

#11 mavisandjack

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:41 AM

B: porridge with banana and cinnamon
S: handful of berries, raw carrot
L: 3 cold boiled potatoes, sweet potato, salad with no dressing
D: brown rice with cooked 1kg bag mixed veg, splash of soy or tamari

#12 jenniferaniston

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

breakfast - green smoothie - heaps of green vegies
morning tea - fruit maybe a coffee
lunch - normally left over dinner, or a big salad with lentils
arvo tea - fruit or rice cake/almonds/cashews
dinner - I'm vegetarian so its usually something like chick pea curry; zucchini slice; veg stir fry etc.
No dessert

#13 Peppery

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

Breakfast: porridge with a sprinkle of LSA mixMorning tea: handful of nuts and coffeeLunch: sandwich Afternoon tea: peice of fruitDinner: Meat plus salad or veggies. The meat varies from salmon, chicken breast, steak etc.
Around 2 litres of water and if I am feeling like a sweet hit I have a 200ml can of diet coke

#14 tiefbloom

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

Oh jeez. My diet is really bad.

On a terrible day i'll literally have: 2 chocolate bars, a packet of chips and 2 energy drinks.

On a good day:

B: skim latte
L: Steamed green beans, sliced tomato, cottage cheese. A few slices of watermelon and a bunch of grapes.
D: Fish and plate of cut up raw veggies.

#15 Frockme

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

Breakfast - 2 rice cakes crushed + 1 wheetbix blueberries and strawberries, + soy milk.

Mid morning - skim latte

Lunch - sandwich with ham, tomato, rocket, spinach, pepper and tobasco.
         Or a tuna salad no bread.

Afternoon tea - apple

Dinner - usually a stir fry, curry, BBQ, soup or pasta. I've just started halving my portion here and replacing it with a dressing free salad. I feel so much better for it.

Drink - water all day and wine most nights.  blush.gif  I have a rule though, if I'm drinking wine I'm not allowed to have desert!

Where I come unstuck, when cooking dd's dinner I tend to pick and snack.

#16 aphraell

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

Morning
Millet/Amarnath cereal with greek yoghurt and LSA

Mid-Morning
Soy Cap

Lunch
Brown Rice and Salmon sushi roll + seaweed salad

Afternoon
Fruit (ususally banana)
Soy Cap

Dinner
Grilled fish  or meat with and salad or steamed vege
Greek yoghurt and LSA for dessert (somemtimes with extra piece offruit)

Edited by aphraell, 17 January 2013 - 09:29 AM.

#17 Escapin

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

My days are all different. About the only consistent thing is breakfast: Just Right cereal with full cream milk. Then anything might happen! Yesterday I ate a box of chocolates for lunch, and a felafal roll for dinner.

#18 jill1972

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

brekky, 2 or 3 cups of coffee & a biscuit (I hate breakfast)

Lunch, Ham or chicken & salad baguette

Late afternoon snack, smoked salmon & cream cheese on crackers (usually with a glass of wine) wwhistle.gif

Dinner, usually a salad with chicken, fish or steak what I feel like on the day, if I'm really hungry I might add a baked potato with sour cream.

#19 MrsLexiK

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

Typically:

Breakfast : bowl of ceral with low fat milk perhaps with some blueberries or a banana (on the weekend it is usually eggs of some sort)

snack: almonds or macadamias, fruit, yoghurt, body wise bar, carrot or carrot sticks

lunch: normally leftovers from the freezer, or I may buy my lunch which would be a wrap usually chicken, avo and cheese toasted, or carrot, egg, beetroot and avo not toasted.  (Weekends is normally chicken and rolls, or meat cooked by DH or if I am being naughty take away or bakers delight)

snack: something different to what I had that morning but along the same lines (normally if I am having something bad I will have it now ie some chocolate or something)

dinner: normally protein (so meat or eggs) and veg with small amount of carbs.  ie: kangeroo fillet with stir fry veg using slim noodles not udon ones. or spag bog over slim noodles and veg or just over veg. Or casserol type thing served with small amount of rice (as in a table spoon) and more veg.  We prob have two easy meals in there, which are either more carb based or left over or takeaway/out for dinner type meals.

#20 asdf89

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

Breakfast: bowl of all bran wheat flakes with a glass of milk (and milk on the cereal)

Lunch: generally leftovers from last night's dinner

Dinner: Protein + vege (i.e. calamari and salad; chicken, corn, broccoli and sweet potato) or a vego meal a few times a week (i.e. Broccoli pasta from 15 minute meals; potato and bean burritos). But.... Friday = fatty friday  (i.e. takeaway) as a reward for eating healthy/not buying food all week... and on Sundays I make a roast.

Snacks are normally fruit for MT, and after work I have some salami and olives.

#21 credence

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

At the moment my day goes something like this

B: Flat white and 3 scrambled eggs

Snack: 10 or so nuts

L: Tuna salad

D: Steak, veggies, salad

Depending on the day, there might be one other coffee in there.

#22 froglett

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

I'm breastfeeding, and find I'm a bit hungrier than normal, so ATM have morning or afternoon tea most days.
B: 3 weetbix & reg milk or porridge with raspberries, latte, piece of fruit (grapes/nectarines ATM)
MT: fruit or nothing, depends if I'm hungry. Sometimes another latte.
L: tuna salad (tuna, mixed lettuce, cucumber, beans/lentils, tomato, avo, boiled egg, green beans) or rice paper rolls or leftovers
AT: fruit or piece multigrain toast with avo or nothing
D: last night was pan fried salmon with lentils & salsa verde, but could be anything as long as there is plenty of veg. We tend not to eat a lot of meat.
Occasionally dessert, although try to limit to 2 nights per week.

#23 amabanana

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (katieface84 @ 16/01/2013, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
too much  ph34r.gif

Exactly what I was going to say!  roll2.gif

#24 Misslove

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Breakfast: banana, blueberry, cacao power smoothie
Lunch: tuna, tofu or falafel salad
Dinner: chicken, pasta w/ homemade sauce or eggs and rice
Other stuff: green tea, almonds, popcorn, cashews

#25 mrsjane

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

breakfast: greek yogurt, with cut fruit and nuts if i have them around

lunch: salad with either tuna, salmon or chicken breast

dinner: brown rice, cous cous with lots of veg or stew/soup

snacks:
fruit and more fruit. Occasionally, biscuits and herbal tea and a few lollies

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Life with anxiety

At times, I feel pretty worthless. In those moments, all I want to do is curl up into a ball and hide in the dark. I can try to quiet my mind, but it won?t shut up.

IVF leaves woman pregnant with another couple's twins

An Italian woman has been told the twins she is three months pregnant with are not hers.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

What you need for the 'fourth trimester'

In my opinion, the first three months after the birth are the most intense. Here's what got me through that time after welcoming my baby.

Weaning a toddler off a dummy: a 15-day plan

Weaning your child off the dummy can be a traumatic experience for both of you. Here are some tips to help you through.

Choosing to be a solo parent

Two women share their stories of longing for a baby so much that they each decided not to wait for a partner before becoming a mum.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Mum's heartbreak as son dies in road accident

Daly Thomas and her two young sons were walking home from church on Tuesday afternoon. Her youngest son never made it.

New Kate Spade baby bag designs

Don?t adjust your screen: this bright beauty is coming to you in full colour.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.