New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 Gemminat

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

GOLD!!

And HELLO!! waves.gif

Do you mind if I also join? I've been breastfeeding my DD for 10 almost 11 months and my DH and I are going to start trying for bub 2.

AF returned in October, so I have had a few months. My cycles have been anywhere from 33-36 days since then. I'm not sure how BF will effect my fertility and ovulation. It's all a bit foreign to me, so please bear with me if I ask silly questions.

Would be interested to see how long you have all been trying for and any experiences you wish to share... In particular - does anyone use OPK and where is the best place to buy them. They are pretty expensive in supermarkets and chemists unsure.gif

Speak soon
biggrin.gif

#3 Aimee_87

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

Ooh silver!

Another newbie here, hi ladies!

Just been given the green light from DP to toss the mini pills so had my first pill free day yesterday and ready to start trying for no 2. DD is 9 months old and night weaned but AF hasn't returned yet so just have to see whether it will come back now that I'm off the pill. Anyone else taken mini pill  before and had it stop AF? DD still feeds frequently during the day so maybe it's just because of that. Never thought I'd say it but I hope AF comes soon!

Geminat I found OPKs very useful, conceived DD on the only cycle we used them so only had to buy one pack from chemist. Hopefully someone here can help with a good place to get them online.

Edited for double post

Edited by Aimee_87, 22 January 2013 - 07:22 AM.

#4 Gemminat

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

I won't take Bronze as well, that's just greedy wink.gif

Hi Aimee!! biggrin.gif Pretty quiet in here huh?!?

Pretty exciting that you are off the mini pills!! Very exciting. I can't help you with mini pill questions I'm afraid...

Yeah, I used an OPK to help fall preg the first time around, so I might go and buy them again. I was going to buy online this time, because they are pretty expensive in the shops. I can see that I can get 50 tests online for $26 which is much more reasonable that that price for a week which is what I've seen in shops.

AF arrived today so whilst I wasn't expecting too much from our first month, I'm a bit sad she is here. I guess that I will just keep plodding along!! I probably need to start cutting feeds. I'm still feeding 4-6 hourly. I think though, that I really want to keep feeding my DD until she is 1 she then she can just go straight to cows milk. Only a month and a bit away until she is 1 so it's not too much longer to wait!!

Hopefully we get a few more people in here!! grin.gif

#5 benny81

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Newbie here as well.Bfing my 17 month old once or twice a day now for about 2 months and af only just turned up last week so I am back on the horse ttc no.2It took a long time to finally have no.1 so hopefully this time is much quicker !
Good luck !!

#6 PleaseBeAdvised

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Hello ladies!

I am still breastfeeding my little one (9 months in February) but are also actively TTC. AF is yet to return and I had ovulation difficulties prior to pregnancy (PCOS): I am back on metformin in an attempt to combat this. We have not used protection since bub was born but are yet to have any luck.

I am not hopeful I will fall pregnant whilst breastfeeding. As I had gestational diabetes I have been encouraged to BF for at least one year, so the plan is to wean at 1 if I am not pregnant. At the moment I am feeding at 6.30am and 6.30pm approx, with the occasional arvo feed if bub is super clingy.

I am starting charting from tomorrow and about to read up on it all now.

ETA just read through the previous thread and am feeling a little more hopeful at the evidence it is possible to fall pregnant whilst BF! Ideally I would like to continue feeding until DS chooses to stop. FINGERS CROSSED!

Edited by PleaseBeAdvised, 30 January 2013 - 07:22 PM.

#7 Maybebebe

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

Hey ladies original.gif
Had what looked like a chemical last month  so Dh and I have decided that we are NTNP. I am still breastfeeding our 1 year old dd so am not sure how that will effect things.
Looking forward to getting to know you all original.gif

#8 benny81

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Currently incognito- sorry to hear about your chemical hope ntnp works out for you soon!
I've just stared charting this month, no idea what my cycle  will do but I did read somewhere that the longer it takes af to come back the more likely your cycles will be back to normal straight away. Will have just wait & see. Might just dtd every second day & hope for the best.I've only tried opks nice or twice but never got a positive?? Might give them a go down the track if I need to. Has anyone used a fertility monitor?
What's everyone else plan of attack?

#9 PleaseBeAdvised

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

benny81: Plan of attack? Good question! AF is yet to return so I am DTD every second day and hoping for the best. If I don't conceive by the time DS is one (May 2) I will wean him completely (currently on 2 feeds per day).

Is there anyone out there with PCOS who has breastfeed? Any info on when AF returned for you?

#10 Aimee_87

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

Hi everyone!

Sorry to hear about your chem. CurrentlyIncognito.

Pleasebeadvised, I haven't got any experience with PCOS so can't help there either, sorry.

No real plan of attack here as there's no AF to go off... Just trying to pay attention to signs, ovulation pain, cervical mucus and position and keeping up the BD. Had what I thought was O pain last Tuesday so made sure we got up to it last week.

So now of course I'm imagining early pregnancy symptoms left and right... Tired? Must be pregnant. Boobs feel a little full? Pregnant. Nipples a little sore? Pregnant! Never mind that I had just got out of a cold pool and DD has a nice set of chompers, so who wouldn't have sensitive nips! Haha.

Just going to wait it out until next week if AF doesn't show up. Will just do a test as we have an engagement party coming up so need to know whether I can have a sipper or two.

I'm going back to work a few days a week in a month or so, hoping being away from DD during the day will help with getting AF, if not, not sure whether I will just continue on with BF. I really enjoy it and so does DD so was hoping to keep it up.

Good luck everyone!

#11 benny81

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

Hi everyone ,Does anyone know if an extra feed prevents ovulation?I've only just got af back so I'm not sure what my cycle is up to but my lo is sick today & I gave you a feed in the middle of the day cause she was hysterical. Usually she just has a morning & evening feed. All going to plan I should be ovulating around now (cd15).Probably should worry too much about just dtd every 2 days.
Pleasebeadvised-  the only thing I know about pcos is that is is good to have a healthy diet & try to maintain a healthy weight. I think a lot of people get af back once you drop to 2 feeds a day. I dad but it was about 2 months after I dropped to two feeds. Hopefully the metfirmin helps!
Hope everyone's af returns soon ( or not & u get a bfp instead!!)

#12 Maybebebe

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

Benny81 - Once your cycle has returned I don't think that an extra feed would effect O any, but I am not an expert by any means wink.gif  Hope this is your month!
No plan of attack for us as such. I don't temp. But I did buy some opk's this month. Started taking them around when I would normally O but never got a surge, and no EWCM either sad.gif  Not feeling very hopeful this month :/

Aimee87 - Trying to imagine up symptoms here, but there aren't even imaginary ones *sigh.*  Hope af is a no show!

#13 Fairey

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

Hi girls - I don't actually belong in here just yet but I have a question that I'm hoping that you may be able to answer original.gif

DD is 2 days shy of 6 months and I still haven't had AF return. She is comp fed and I'm down to two breast feeds a day and she has formula for the rest of her feeds. I definitely have a huge amount of EWCM around once a month.
I'm really wondering if it's possible to fall preggers without AF? We're planning to try when DD turns 1, but when I came of the pill it took about 6 months before my cycles regulated. So if I need to drop DD's feeds in order for things to regulate, I will.
At the moment we're just using condoms (oh the class of it!!  biggrin.gif ) because I didn't want to take any sorts of pills in case my cycles went nuts again.

I hope this makes sense. And I'm really sorry for hijacking, but I thought this might be a good place to get the info! Especially as we're now 6 months out from trying again (woo hoo!)
Thank you for taking the time to read this xx

#14 Aimee_87

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

Hi, how is everyone going?

Welcome Fairey! You can def fall pregnant without AF, lots of ppl find out they are pregnant before they get a pp AF. Just depends on if you o. Sounds like your body is trying to get o going with the ewcm, so just a matter of waiting. At least you've got 6 months for your cycles to get sorted.

Well no AF and no bfp here. Haven't tested since last Friday but I don't feel pregnant at all (had implantation spotting last time) so not testing again for a while. Probably didn't o when I thought so just going to *try* to be patient. Ha.

#15 Aimee_87

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

Hmmm... Still no AF and no BFP... But I feel like I'm having o pains again, about 4 weeks since I had it the first time, and on the same side. Any one else have this happen?

#16 benny81

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

Amiee87, are you still bfing frequently? Maybe that is preventing af?
It's very quiet in here! As for me I'm cd9 so no luck last month. Not sure if I will give it a crack this month might just ntnp
Good luck everyone

#17 Aimee_87

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

It is very quiet in here benny81! I am still breastfeeding frequently during the day, never at night, but yeah I think possibly enough to play havoc with ovulation.

But in saying that, I did have some spotting yesterday as well as pain when expressing, and lots if pimples, mood swings and exhaustion over the last few days so it's either my first period (quite short luteal phase - 9 dpo) or implantation spotting. I had spotting with dd too so it's possible but to be honest I'd be just as happy to just have a period!

Hope all is well with you. We had just been talking about maybe waiting a few more weeks as well benny, to give me a little more time at work before going off on maternity leave again. Would be funny if I was already UTD.

#18 Aimee_87

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:25 AM

Well looks like it was implantation after all. Just got a bfp!

Good luck to everyone on your journeys!

#19 benny81

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

Congrats!!! What lovely news. How everything goes well.I'm 2dpo so fingers crossed

#20 Aimee_87

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

Thanks benny81! We're very excited!

All the best x

#21 loulouB

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:22 AM

Hi all, wondering if I can join this group?
Congratulations Aimee! Wow- was that your first cycle after stopping the pill? Good going!
We would like to start TTC #2, but I'm still waiting for AF to return! DS is 15 months and we are still BF (and not sleeping through), plus I have PCOS, just to complicate things! So not sure if AF is absent due to Breastfeeding or PCOS. But I'm not willing to wean to find out!!

#22 Aimee_87

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:52 AM

Hi ladies, well I'm back. Had the Easter from hell. Started with a stupid fight with dp, then dd came down with a cold (thanks to her one day at child care) and then the worst happened, started bleeding a little Saturday evening after a little spotting during the week and then Sunday I knew I'd lost the baby.

I was 6 weeks and only knew for a bit over 2 weeks but it hit pretty hard. We're going to take the month off, just wait to get one normal AF and then try again. I think I need a break from all the wondering and worrying. I just know if/when I get pregnant again I will be filled with worry until we get past 1st trimester so I'd like a few weeks without the drama.

How did you go last cycle Benny?

Welcome louloub. Good luck with getting your cycles back on track, it could well be because you're bf overnight, I've heard that can be the issue, fingers crossed your little one starts sleeping through soon!

#23 Aimee_87

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:53 AM

Double post

Edited by Aimee_87, 05 April 2013 - 06:54 AM.

#24 schmeggles

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

So sorry to hear that Aimee_87. It doesn't matter how early the loss is, is still sad and can be difficult to process. Taking a little break sounds like a good idea.

I think I have only posted in here once or twice, but I check in every now and then. I got my period back when my son was 18 months, but it was very light. Had a fairly long 30+ days cycle, and then another light period. I then had a 28 day cycle with a heavy, much more normal period. During this time we hadn't really been trying as we had visitors, house move etc etc, and I had started taking Vitex but soon forgot. Then my husband became OBSESSED with wanting to have another baby and despite a horror vomiting bug, we appear to have conceived.

During this time, due to the stomach bug, I was breastfeeding my toddler 24/7. For 8 whole days he ONLY had breastmilk, it was horrendous. He was vomiting and waking up constantly and I was so sleep deprived I was an angry, teary mess.

So I am very surprised, and very cautious, and very worried that I will have a miscarriage, but then there is nothing I can do about that but wait and see. I am having deep cramping but I also had that with my son, my breasts are killing (which is making breastfeeding difficult) and I am very bloated.

Anyway, good luck to everyone. And again Aimee, sorry for your loss.

#25 Aimee_87

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

Thanks Heggles. Congrats on your BFP. Hope everyone is feeling better after the bug. All the best for the pregnancy. Fingers crossed you have a sticky one x

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

A mum's tragic battle against inflammatory breast cancer

At just 37 years of age, with two young sons, Vicki was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. Now her family wants all women to know the symptoms.

The business of babies around the world

Pregnancy and birth is an intriguing process no matter where you are in the world. One soon-to-be father gleans wisdom from a new guide.

Finding a positive path through IVF

It’s not surprising that IVF is often seen as a negative journey towards the ultimate positive, but having a glass-half-full approach can make a big difference to the experience.

Giving strangers the gift of parenthood

A mum explains why she and her husband are choosing to gift their leftover embryos to help strangers achieve their dream of parenthood.

Does morning sickness get better or worse with each child?

Just as every baby is unique, so is every pregnancy. And that means morning sickness can vary a lot, too.

What's so wrong with looking 'mumsy', anyway?

Why is it that the word ‘mumsy’ has connotations of such a negative nature – but seems to be the only other option apart from ‘yummy’?

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

The 'yucky' illness that took over my life

I have a chronic illness nobody likes to discuss, as it involves toilet talk. But it needs to be talked about.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.