Due in April 2013 Chat Thread #6

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#26 SarahRich

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (spottyladybug @ 05/02/2013, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello SarahRich :-) Nice to meet you. Hope hubby is back soon. Where abouts are you located if you don't mind me asking?
Be lovely to get to know you.

Hi thereI am in the Hunter Valley. Where a outs are you. Hubby back in 2 weeks which will be good!

#27 SarahRich

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

Hi all
Regarding those swollen fingers...mine has just done the swollen thing. I can no longer wear my engagement ring or wedding band. I want to get a bigger ring, as its so weird without them! No swollen feet or anything else yet which is good!
I have my 30 week OB apt next week which I am looking forward to. Taking Mum, so I think she is a bit excited. She is looking forward to the scan to see Bubba moving around.

Hi all
Regarding those swollen fingers...mine has just done the swollen thing. I can no longer wear my engagement ring or wedding band. I want to get a bigger ring, as its so weird without them! No swollen feet or anything else yet which is good!
I have my 30 week OB apt next week which I am looking forward to. Taking Mum, so I think she is a bit excited. She is looking forward to the scan to see Bubba moving around.

#28 SarahRich

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

Not sure how I did the double post! Sorry original.gif

#29 spottyladybug

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (SarahRich @ 06/02/2013, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi thereI am in the Hunter Valley. Where a outs are you. Hubby back in 2 weeks which will be good!

Tamworth so just up the road from you ;-) Hope the next 2 weeks fly by for you.

#30 kat13

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

Hi everyone,

I am Katerina, due with my third boy April 9th.  Currently living in Melbourne, on maternity leave as my job was kinda high risk with no other option and I feel like I am going insane not knowing what to do each day until this baby comes.

Look forward to getting to know you all original.gif

#31 pinkcharlibelle

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

HI to the newbies!
We had a 3d/4d scan on Saturday-most definitely a girl! woohoo-finally took all the tags off and starting washing and ironing everything!!  She put on a good show for us-rubbed eyes, opened eyes, poked tongue out, opened mouth and a huge big smile-and its all in pics and DVD so i cant watch it over and over!

Feeling great!  Hoping I passed the 2 hr GD test last week as I failed the 1hr with a reading of 8.1 but my starting BSL for the 2hr was 4.1 which is fab apparently.  

Have a c section booked for April 17th-10 days early, have 2 more growth scans still-hoping she keeps growing and the low papp-a doesnt affect her at all. She has super chubby cheeks already too! Like her big sister haha!  I'm first on the list for the day too so hopefully shes out by lunchtime original.gif

#32 I am mum

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

I've been experiencing swelling too, but didn't with my last to babies!

I think it is to do with the hotter weather (My last two were winter babies!

#33 spottyladybug

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

Hello!
How is everyone's week progressing? Things are chugging along well here.  I got sick of rust marks on all my lovely clean whites so DH rewired the clothes today while I cut (hacked) back the jasmine vine that was attempting to smother the clothesline. I am super excited to test out my line tomorrow.

With 9 weeks to go DH and I are trying to make the effort to spend some time together  each day doing stuff for the two of us. Not sure if I will be able to beat him at scrabble (words like evading me lately!), but we are thinking a picnic morning tea tomorrow will be nice.

Hope you are all well, minimal swelling and bub is sitting comfortably for you.

:-)

#34 Boofarella

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:00 AM

Hi all.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I have been keeping an eye on this forum, hoping more people would post but maybe there's too many lurkers like me...so I thought it would be a bit hypocritical if I didn't post to try & get the ball rolling a bit.
I don't have a lot of friends nearby who have babies, so I might need these forums for some sanity!

I am currently 30 weeks + 4 days, due date 21st April. This is our first & I am
getting really, really excited now as now I can say "less than 10 weeks to go". I am not 100% prepared yet (probably not even 50% prepared to be honest) but I have allocated this weekend to start really being ruthless with my decluttering .

I work full time in an office with an hour commute on public transport each way. I have 10 people reporting to me & I am so over it. It's not the tiredness factor, just the having to think & be nice to people that I could not be bothered with anymore!! I have no interest or motivation for work & can't stop daydreaming about the baby!!! I was planning my last day of work to be the Thursday before Easter when I will be 36weeks + 4 days. I am worried I am leaving it too late? What is everyone else's thoughts - when are you ladies finishing up work?

#35 Fingers Crossed!!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

Hi ladies

Just a quick post as about to head into meeting

For those of you talking/asking about when we are finishing up, I am working right up until my due date give or two 3 days!! So I'll be 39 weeks when I finish.... eek!! My commute is only 15 mins and my job is very desk based so not overly strenuous - I am able to work from home if need be to too break up the week and get some rest - would rather have time with the baby then be sitting around but thats just me!

Hi to all the newbies and stalkers!! I was one of those too!!

AFM - plodding along nicely - def getting tired due to lack of sleep (getting hard to find a comfy position now!) and bubs is moving around furiously at the moment which I am loving! am off on my "babymoon" this weekend for a long weekend up the coast from sydney staying at Jonahs..!! yippee!!

#36 butterflyme

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

Sorry, I’ve been MIA for a week or 2… this heat in Melbourne is really getting to me & I’m not sleeping well at all.

Boofarella – Hi!! I’m due 26th April  & Thursday 28th March will be my last day at work.  I wish I could work a little longer (no employer paid mat leave), but it works best with the end of the school term, so that will make me 35+6.

FingerCrossed – Wow, good on you working right up!  I hope you have had an enjoyable ‘babymoon’!

AFM:

I had my baby shower on the weekend – it was really good!! Mum & I organised it and about 20 ppl ended up coming (which I thought was a big turnout given 3 last min cancellations!).  It was a low key affair nothing too full on which suits my style.   Bub was SPOILT ROTTNEN! I was blown away with all the gifts we were given, lots of little outfits, bath products, wraps, blankets & even a homemade quilt from a girlfriend who herself has just given birth!   It makes it seem so real now – I even started washing some of the stuff last night – It all looks so crazy small hanging on the airer.    We don’t have too much more to buy, just some little bits but nothing major that I can think of.

I need some advice – I’ve been having what feels like a pinched nerve in my hip, it happened in January and I could barely move without tears.  And it happened again on Saturday night.   I’ve  had a pinched nerve previously in my neck/shoulder & saw a massage therapist, but not sure who would be best for my hip.  A physio? Chiro? Preg Masseuse?  Any thoughts, or similar experience?

Hope you are all travelling well original.gif

#37 pinkcharlibelle

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

butterflyme-I had my baby shower (organised by some lovely friends) saturday just gone and I still feel overwhelmed with the amount of prsesnts we got!  Wow!  How lucky are you to get a handmade quilt! Thats fab!

I had sciatica trouble but touch wood that hasnt happened for 2 weeks now-I had it where it would hurt if I sat or laid down for too long but within 15 mins of walking it was ok, then it was 24/7 for 4 days then nothing at all!

I have no swelling, not uncomfortable, the only thing that bothers me is the heat.  

I've now got 6 weeks 6 days to go until my c section.  Fairly organised-we wont have a cot until after shes born but we use the bassinett for 3-4 months anyway.  Still have things to buy-change mat, nappy bag, capsule/pram adapters, stuff for me-pj's, those pants with the roll down top, slippers etc. Feel so busy as I have 7yr old aswell and she has after school activities, parties etc and her birthday is 2 weeks after baby arrives so i am also preparing for that as I wont feel like going shopping less than 2 weeks post c/s!  Also doing her party before baby arrives.  Feeling a little stressed as we only get paid monthly and its right now everything is due-rego, electricity etc plus we have piano, dance, swimming, school fees etc.  So will get by with the bare minimum and buy the rest after the baby is here- i am sure i have enough nappies etc to last me a month anyway-and i have tonnes of clothes, plus all the big stuff except the cot.

#38 spottyladybug

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

Hey Ladies :-)
How are you all going? The weather has cooled down up here so I can now lounge around around in comfy gym pants!

Did you have  a good babymoon fingerscrossed?  
Did you get your hip pain resolved butterfly me?

Hope work is going well for those still working, I decided I like my naps too much plus I have had some issues with high blood pressure so didn't want extra stress of teaching to cause problems. On the bright side of things Dh now has what looks like fulltime work til the end of  term and possibly the year so that is one less stress.

Your baby showers sound wonderful - very happy you enjoyed them and the presents all sound lovely.

Classes started last week for me and we are watching some births tonight so it will be interesting. I did enjoy that they were teaching partners massage techniques last week.

Hope you are all keeping well and that no news in here means good news for you all.

Wishing you all good nights sleeps undisturbed by bathroom breaks. xo

#39 Appletree25

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

Can not remember the last time I posted.

We're now 34+5 weeks with our first and we'll wait to find out whether I've been cooking up a little girl or boy until delivery.

Started Maternity leave last Friday at 34 weeks - possibly could have worked a little longer but doing emergency teaching in a school that has lots of levels, ramps & stairs was just exhausting, aside from the 40 min drive there every morning.

Following a little 'episode' a few weeks ago, very laid back dad-to-be has suddenly become far more organised and motivated, including encouraging me to get the hospital bag packed - which is almost done.

The Melbourne heat has really been my undoing. At least it's now cool at night but I spend my afternoons with my feet up to avoid the inevitable swelling & burning of my feet and ankles. Our dog is rapt as he too gets to stay inside with the AC on and he dozes on his mat all afternoon.

I keep myself occupied in the mornings with light housework, aqua aerobics for Preggo mums (highly recommended it), yoga classes and PT training (using up some banked sessions that I had from earlier on) concentrating on pelvic strength and breathing.

We've been to 3 antenatal classes with 2 to go and although they're somewhat informative, the way that the classes are delivered are fairly boring to say the least. Not to mention that our 'classroom' has all the equipment, (TV, rear throw projector, speakers.....) that would certainly facilitate something far more inspiring (I've had my teacher vent now).

Aside from a couple of hiccups our pregnancy has been fairly uneventful (thank goodness). Baby is head down, my BP is great and so is baby's heartrate.

Names still to short list from a bigger short list.

Looking forward to the long weekend away where we'll be staying only a stones throw from the beach and I 'll be able to cool off when ever it takes my fancy.

Edited by Appletree25, 06 March 2013 - 03:22 PM.

#40 spottyladybug

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

36 weeks today! How time is flying. Our flat is starting to look fantastic with things just falling into place, DH list of jobs is slowly getting crossed off the side of the fridge, but the list in my head is feeling longer!

I am hoping to be able to some sewing done this week, but want the house all organised so it could be busy around here for the next day or so.
Jnr is travelling along nicely aside from a few minor issues, so nothing really new to report on that front. (Although my front has expanded a lot!)

How are you all coasting along? For those starting maternity leave soon or those who have already I hope you are enjoying the rest.

Hoping we some more chatter in here soon.
xo

#41 DScully

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

Hi everyone,

First time poster here! Hope everyone is travelling well original.gif I actually have ankles today, which is pretty exciting as I haven't seen them in 2 weeks!

I am due 15th April, although my ob is suggesting a caesarian 8th April so we will see how I go at the next appointment.

Spottedladybug, what are you sewing? I have sewn a stroller blanket thingie, some bibs and burp clothes so far. My friend had her baby a couple of months ago and I made a diaper cover and some pants which turned out pretty good, so I am hoping to make some for me this week.

#42 spottyladybug

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

Welcome DScully! I am due the day before you :-)
I have an abundance of flannel wipes to overlock/zigzag, diaper covers in need of new elastic and sheets to make for the bassinet and cot. I am also hoping to make clothes with fabric from the stash but with an unknown gender that may be hard to do until the birth! I need to make a few new diaper covers as well (cloth nappying with terry flats).
Super cold here today so I have a cuppa and knitting happenning atm.

Look forward to chatting with you :-)

P.S. It is awesome that you have ankles at the moment, always exciting to see them!

#43 butterflyme

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

Morning Ladies,

I feel really bad I’ve been so slack on here.  I just don’t know where the time goes?

I’m still working, 8 days left!! I’m a teacher so finishing up at the start of the school holidays next Thursday.   We have a ‘curriculum day’ today, we had to go in a couple of Sundays ago for first aid training so we get today off (whereas we’d usually have to go into school).  3 x 4 day weeks in a row are just what I need!!   I was struggling something shocking during that un fun hot spell we had in Melbourne, but now it feels like winter & I have very little in the way of jumpers that fit over my belly!!

We’ve been to 2 out of 3 of our hospital antenatal classes – the first one 2 Saturdays ago was so repetitive – all about breastfeeding.  The one on Saturday just gone was pretty good (albeit 4.5hrs long!) we had a tour of the maternity unit including a birth suite & a quick look at the post natal rooms.   It looks like a hotel!!   A couple of the women in the class on Saturday said they aren’t finishing up work until a week before their EDD! The midwife was horrified!!  There’s no way I could do that – I’m going to struggle to get these last 8 days done.   I also packed my hospital bags yesterday (another ‘what will I do with you girls?’ from the midwife when she asked if we’d packed yet!) she made it our ‘homework’ to pack!  

Spottyladybug – I need to crack out my sewing machine.   I made one bassinet sheet with the help of my mum & she left me in charge of doing the remaining 3.  So not a good idea as I haven’t even looked at them since we did the one together in the Summer holidays!!   Maybe I should do that instead of wasting my time on facebook / email / general googling!!

Welcome DScully!!!  :-)

Ok – I’m going to go and be productive … as I look around and see the housework that needs to be done… urgh yuk!

#44 Fingers Crossed!!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

Hi ladies - good to see some action in here

Butterflyme - im afraid im one of those ladies working up until my due date!! still at work and am 37 weeks - finishing up work in 10 days and counting...... am feeling ok most of the time though and my work is very desk orientated so am not on my feet like you teachers - couldnt do that right now!!!

spottladybug - good on you with all your DIY and sewing! very impressive! I had grand ideas I would so the same but time just slipped away...!

Welcome DScully and yay to having ankles!! I still laugh at myself every time I put my shoes on as it gets harder and harder each time!!

AFM am 37 weeks now and am on countdown now... nusery is finished thankfully and all the clothes are washed and ironed - just a matter of waiting now...!!x

#45 spottyladybug

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

Butterflyme - I have no idea how you are  still teaching. The idea of facing teenagers everyday has me exhausted just thinking about it, hence why I did not go back after christmas!  I am using some older sheets to make jnr's sheets. Figure it is cheap if I stuff up and bub is just gonna spew/pee/poop on them anyway :-P

Pinterest is a great way to distract me from stuff I should be doing, so many cute things to make for babies.

Since you are still working fingerscrossed it is understandable you haven't had time,  at least your nursery is done, mine is still a work in progress! (And I have not been working for months).

Must be off DH just rescued my lentils from burning.......

Have a good night girls.

#46 DScully

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

Good evening,

Thanks ladies for the welcome original.gif

Spottyladybug - sounds like you have lots of projects planned! So, flannel wipes are going to come in handy? I might need to make some. Yes I can imagine it will be hard to make clothes if you don't know if it's for a boy or girl  - you have probably already "pinned" a whole wardrobe either way

Butterflyme - glad you are enjoying your antenatal classes! I'm afraid my baby brain didn't retain much of what was "taught", although like you I did enjoy the tour of the maternity ward.

Fingers Crossed - I am awed you are working right up until the due date! I finished up 2 weeks ago, but it sounds like you are still way more organized than me in terms of getting your nursery and clothes ready (our cot is still sitting in the box and the clothes are still tagged ...)

I'm off now to check what else is on my to do list - priority for tomorrow is to organize the car seat.

Take care everyone.

#47 katza

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

Hi, my due date was 8 April but bub arrived a month early - so I'm very late siging up to this group!! But another mum recommended I sign up as she has found the support invaluable. Hope I'm not too late!

#48 caroldiem

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

Hi girls,

Don't belong here but for anyone having a baby girl just wanted to quickly let you know i am selling my daughters baby clothes very very cheap link is in my signature

#49 spottyladybug

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (katza @ 21/03/2013, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, my due date was 8 April but bub arrived a month early - so I'm very late siging up to this group!! But another mum recommended I sign up as she has found the support invaluable. Hope I'm not too late!

Hello Katza.
How is your little one going? Lovely to see you here and look forward to chatting with you. Hope you are going well too.
xo

#50 DScully

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

Hi Katza! Congrats on the new arrival original.gif Hope you and bub are doing well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.