Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

GOLD!!!!

#3 Blairizz

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

Silver!    
I hope everyone is travelling along nicely in their pregnancies original.gif

#4 T-tree

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

Hi, I'm new to the group (bit slow on the whole chat thing) but expecting my second 07Apr2013. I was wondering if any other second (or more) time mum's felt like they were at 38 weeks at 30 weeks? I'm already getting let down in the shower and the baby is pushing so far down in my pelvis it's hard to walk. Not sure if this is normal or if I should be calling the Ob? huh.gif

#5 spottyladybug

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

Hey Everyone (not that many seem to be around here sad.gif )

Hope things are going well.

Just thought I would stop by original.gif

#6 I am mum

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Hi everyone,

I used these forums for my last baby, but have been so busy this time that I completely forgot they existed!

I am due 30/4 with my third son, looking forward to getting to know some of you original.gif

#7 MamaBean

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Hello all!

I'm new around here and a little late at connecting  blush.gif

Expecting bub #2 on 19 April. Hope this forum is still active???

#8 MalOwenandbabe

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

Hey! Sry I'm not v. Active here.... my 2.5 yr old poured water on my laptop ohmy.gif
Hope you are all doing well.... I'm tired but still just trucking away hahaha!

#9 spottyladybug

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE (MamaBean @ 30/01/2013, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello all!

I'm new around here and a little late at connecting  blush.gif

Expecting bub #2 on 19 April. Hope this forum is still active???

Hello MamaBean - it is not an overly active forum, there is a facebook group for our DIG and most people are part of that (but not me!).  How is your pregnancy going for you? This is my first baby - and I am so tired and sick of having to duck the loo every two seconds (given up casual teaching for now because I won't be able to manage all the loo breaks I need every 30 minutes!) But aside from that it is lovely when junior is kicking around and letting me know it is around.

MalOwenandbabe -I am tired just from being pregnant - I cannot imagine having a 2.5yrold as well! Has your laptop recovered from its bath?

I visited the BigW baby sale today to get our terry flats and portacot - things are starting to look a lot more real here now!

Hope you are all having a good day and that this forum might get a bit more active as we draw closer to our dates (10.5 weeks to go!)  

original.gif

#10 Fingers Crossed!!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

Hi ladies

I would love for this forum to become more active - I kind of pop into the March DIG as ours is so quiet and Im not keen on joining the FB forum so lets keep it up!!

30 weeks this week and def starting to feel real - love feeling all the kicks (even when they keep me up at night and even when they dig into my already full bladder!!)

Spottyladybug - I am loving the January sales at the moment and am trying to stock up on lots of stuff - managed to get my nursery furniture in the Mothercare 50% sale and also saw that they have just gone into administration which might mean another sale/stock clearance in the nr future

MalOwenBabe - hope your laptop survives!!!

Hi everyone else!!!

AFM: This is my first baby with my DH who I have been with for 10+ years and we are sooo excited (and an eensy bit nervous!) - we know we are having a boy and I cannot wait to meet him now!

Hope this gets more active as we apprach our DD dates!!

#11 spottyladybug

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

Hi Fingers Crossed!
I am pretty keen to see this group pick right back up - I am not interested in the FB group either and with DH having returned to work today I was pretty lonesome after 6 weeks of his company!

Was the Mothercare sale online or in a store? I am in Nothern Rural NSW and it is really limited in what shops we have and what products the few shops actually get in.  I have been really lucky in that we have scored a lot of stuff for junior second hand so our outlay has been very minimal.

I am tempted to put a countdown calender on a wall somewhere and start adding stickers to count how many days left (Mum used to this for important events like when I was younger) but that may make me freak out a bit with the small amount of time left.

Must be off and eat my mushroom pizza DH just cooked for me - looking forward to spending more time with you ladies original.gif

#12 butterflyme

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

Morning all,

I lurk a bit but don't usually post, mainly as it's so quiet in here it would feel like I'm talking to myself!   I wish it was a more 'active' group (I guess if I posted more often that would help), I hope we can pick it up a bit!

I hit 28 weeks yesterday, time is dragging I must say.  I only went back to work on Thursday but struggled something shocking, yesterday I ended up snoozing on the foyer couch for 1.5hrs as no one was around! Oh dear, and it's only going to get worse before it gets better!

This is our first bub so we are very excited - the nursery is all but complete just missing the vital item.   People keep asking what I still need & I have no idea... I'm having my baby shower in 2 weeks but still waiting on half the guest list to RSVP - grrrrr... seriously how hard is it to say 'I'd love to' or 'Sorry, can't make it' via text??

I read somewhere - not sure where (so unsure of validity) that Mothercare had/has gone into administration.  Maybe worth checking out if you have laybys / vouchers etc...

I best go, housework is calling - what fun.

Enjoy your weekends & hopefully chat more soon wink.gif

#13 spottyladybug

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

Hello butterflyme, I hope work has picked up for you a bit. I am not working at the moment due to poor sleep at night but with the cooler weather I am coping a lot better.

My aim for today is to unearth my sewing desk or empty out the built in in jnr's room. So much rearranging to be done  to fitsuch a little person in. I have 10 weeks to go so I probably should get moving. I think it is even cool enough this morning to justify porridge for brekky (yay for sleep ins!)

Hope you all have a relaxing Sunday!

#14 jbm3113

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

Hi ladies! I haven't posted in this thread for months as it became sooooooooo quiet with the FB group starting up - which I'm not on FB - so stopped checking this thread. But sitting here on a Sunday afternoon I thought I would check it and seeing a few of you are keen to make it more active again, so I'm up for it! ddance.gif

This is DH & my first and I've got 9 weeks to go! Eeek in single digits now which is very exciting. My pregnancy seems to have gone slow but fast - which I know sounds odd - but it just has! Ha ha! I've been so lucky with no sickness or anything - if I didn't have a bump on the front of me I would have questioned if I was actually pregnant! I've only just started to feel a bit tired now at week 31 which I think I can put down to doing too much. Still working full time as well as doing lots on the weekend. DH has put his foot down today and told me I need to start taking it easy - which with how I feel today - I agree with him. I am going to try and work up until 38 weeks but we'll wait and see how I go.

Looks like our bubba is only small which I'm not surprised about as I was only in the 6lb's and my sister's bub only just made 6lb's. I'm not a very big person so would have been shocked if they told me it was going to be a big baby!! Have a scan in 2 weeks to make sure the growth is doing what it should and if it's not then they said they make think about taking it out early and putting it on the boob (those puppies could feed a small country roll2.gif ) but we'll just wait and see at the next scan.

Well so good to see a few of you back in this forum! Look forward to chatting with you all as we get closer to meeting our little ones! xx

#15 Fingers Crossed!!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

Hi everyone - good to see some more movement in here!

JBM - I know its quite scary and exciting to get down to single digits for the weekly countdown - I will be 31 weeks on Friday - not too long now!! Im the same as you - still working full time and overdoing it at the weekends - DH wants me to slow down but the housework still needs doing, the nursery needs setting up so not sure how I can!! Poor DH is soo busy with full time work and MBA study that he has little time to help out as much as he would like! oh well Im sure we will manage!

spottyladybug- I am also loving this cooler weather - I had a very productive weekend cleaning the house and sorting nursery and was nice to do in milder temperatures!!!

butterflyme - yes mothercare went into admin last week so we had a mad dash to go and pick up our stuff on layby - managed to get it all but felt for the assistants working in the stores as its mayhem with people ringing to try and work out what is happening with their orders etc..

AFM - have another midwife appointment on weds and my antenatal classes start tomorrow with a breastfeeding session tomorrow and a pain relief management session next week - am also booked into calmbirth in a couple of weeks so its all go!! exciting times ladies!! x

#16 Danickilda

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

Hello everyone! I've only just discovered this site after emigrating from the UK. I was familiar with all the UK sites and shops after having my 2 year old there, but here I feel like a total novice! Be great if I can pick up some tips and hints here, haven't bought anything yet and am nearly 32 weeks!;) think after all the moves and house hunting it's only just hit me how soon the impending arrival date is! Lots to do! Look forward to chatting with you girls. Is anyone in Melbourne region?

#17 Fingers Crossed!!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

Hi Danickilda and welcome - I also emigrated from the UK 6/7 years ago and am based in Sydney - this is my first bubs but let me know if you have any questions about baby shops etc...

#18 spottyladybug

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

Hey Danickilda. Welcome :-)

Hope everyone's day was more productive than mine. I spent a lot of the day resting. No idea where this exhaustion came from but the dishes didn't even get done!  
I totally get what you mean by it going fast and slow jbm - DH and I seemed to be going really well getting organised and suddenly it feels like we are making no progress as my tummy gets bigger!

Anyone else's tummy randomly start moving around? Junior had a heel sticking out the other night and then its little heel poked out today and freaked me a bit cos its all pointy and I saw it out the corner of my eye!  

Have a good night!

#19 Danickilda

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

Thanks for welcome!
Fingers crossed, any suggestions of websites or shops that offer good prices/bargains would be much appreciated! I have kind of figured out that Target/Big W/Kmart are your standard reasonable price stores...but am missing the tkmaxx type equivalent! original.gif
Spottyladybug am very much with you on the fatigue! I am finding I can't get comfy at night now! Loving the tummy movements but still can't figure out heels from hands from bums;) x

#20 spottyladybug

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE (Danickilda @ 04/02/2013, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for welcome!
Fingers crossed, any suggestions of websites or shops that offer good prices/bargains would be much appreciated! I have kind of figured out that Target/Big W/Kmart are your standard reasonable price stores...but am missing the tkmaxx type equivalent! original.gif
Spottyladybug am very much with you on the fatigue! I am finding I can't get comfy at night now! Loving the tummy movements but still can't figure out heels from hands from bums;) x

I had a quick ultrasound the other day because they couldn't find the kids head (which is tucked under my pelvis)  and its bum is against my stomach. Plus it has huge feet like its Dad!  

The big three are pretty much all the choice for baby stuff I have here although I did score some lovely stuff on special at Pumpkin Patch (clothing) . Not sure if they still have the sale on.

I had a sleepin this morning so I am hoping today is a less couch ridden day!

;-)

#21 butterflyme

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

I don't have too much to report but thought I'd let you know I'm here & reading!

At my last OB appoint (@26 weeks) he could feel that bubs was laying transverse head on the right hand side, body across my rib cage & legs/feet on the left.  Apparently this can be normal, and there is still plenty of time for him to move about, but I don't know anyone whose bub has been sideways!!   I'm getting random obvious from the outside movements on both sides of my belly due to his positioning but nothing sticking out just yet.

Getting back to work has been good (apart from the actual 'working' component), the days go so quickly! I'm beat when I get home & I'm still sleeping pretty well (touch wood) and only get up to pee once a night.  I'd like it to stay this way please.

I'm jealous of you girls in the single digit weeks now unsure.gif I guess my turn will come soon enough!

Welcome Danickilda original.gif I was born in the UK & came here when I was little.  I'm in Melbourne too...

Spottyladybug - do you have your U/S done at your obs / midwife appoint??  Mine doesn't do that (well hasn't to date), I've had to go privately for all U/S (it does make me question private obs...).  My next appoint is in 2 weeks

Fingers x - you will have to let us know how your classes go!  I don't start mine for another 4 weeks.  I've heard a lot about Calmbirth, but by the time I got around to making inquiries it was too late as they were booked up and miles away from home.  Definitely would be interested in what the low-down is with those classes!

xx

#22 spottyladybug

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

Hey butterflyme. I am public in northern nsw. I had one ultrasound on christmas eve at the hospital because jnr refused to hold still for the doppler (24weeks) and one at my obs/midwife the other day cos jnrs head was behind my pelvis and they couldn't find its head by feel. So apart from my morph scan at 19wks all the others have been due to an awkwardly positioned bub.
I am jealous of you only needing to pee once a night!

#23 SarahRich

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

Hi all, I am new here too. Due with first bub on 23 April.All becoming very real now. Been off work for past couple of days with sinusitis, starting to feel better though. Hubby o/seas for work for a few weeks, so felt pretty down without I'm here.Have had a great pregnancy to date which is great.Hope everyone else's pregnancies are going well. Sarah

#24 spottyladybug

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (SarahRich @ 05/02/2013, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all, I am new here too. Due with first bub on 23 April.All becoming very real now. Been off work for past couple of days with sinusitis, starting to feel better though. Hubby o/seas for work for a few weeks, so felt pretty down without I'm here.Have had a great pregnancy to date which is great.Hope everyone else's pregnancies are going well. Sarah

Hello SarahRich :-) Nice to meet you. Hope hubby is back soon. Where abouts are you located if you don't mind me asking?
Be lovely to get to know you.

#25 Fingers Crossed!!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

Hi SarahRich - welcome to the group and congrats! Hope DH is back soon

Spottyladybug - bet it must be nice to have all those ultrasounds - my last one was at 20 weeks which is ageeees ago!

butterflyme - will def fill you in on the calmbirth class - its not for another 2 weeks but Im hoping it will be informative - will let you know

Danickilda - not sure if there is any TKMax equivalent which is a shame!! that shop was great for my snowboarding gear! I have been buying bub's clothes from Mothercare, Gap (sale has been fairly good), Seed (when Im feeling generous!!) and also from Bonds x I also stocked up when I went back to the UK at Xmas from H&M which does some really good stuff that is fairly cheap (think they sell online too)

AFM - have another appointment this afternoon and am going to ask my midwife about my swollen numb hands! is anyone else getting this? My wedding ring doesnt fit anymore and they are fairly sore - also starting to get slight headaches and am struggling sleeping at night now - I am still fairly small so cant wait to see how I feel when this bump gets even bigger!!

had a breastfeeding class last night which was really good actually - a lot more in it than I realised!! x

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Britain's youngest parents: mother 12, father 13

A 12-year-old schoolgirl and her 13-year-old boyfriend are believed to have become Britain?s youngest parents, after the birth of their baby girl earlier this week.

When Prince George met Bilby George

Prince George has met an Aussie marsupial named after him in his first official engagement in Australia.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Pregnant woman dies after doctor removes ovary instead of appendix

When a UK woman went to hospital suffering appendicitis, doctors mistakenly removed her healthy ovary - with tragic consequences.

The milestones I can't wait to celebrate

Nothing can beat the feeling of witnessing that first smile, first step and first word - but here's a list of 'firsts' I'm really looking forward to now.

How you develop in your baby's first year

Just as babies undergo rapid growth as they learn and change in their first year, we?re learning and changing quickly as parents, too. Don?t underestimate the developmental stages you go through when you have a baby.

Can you make your baby smarter even before birth?

A product new to Australia claims to help babies be born "as intelligent as possible", but not all experts agree on the benefits of educating babies while still in the womb.

How a mother's love helped unearth the skills of an autistic savant

Autistic savant Ping Lian Yeak, a prodigious artist who has had his work shown all over the world, couldn't have done it without the support and love of his proud mum.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

A tiny heart: a baby?s death gives life to another

Simon Alexander Garcia lived only one brief hour. But somewhere, a little girl?s heart is beating today because of him.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Why is childbirth still such a pain?

The options given to women to help them cope in labour have barely changed in years.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.