Schoolkids bonus question..
When did you receive it?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 TwoBubbas

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

I'm waiting on my payment of the schoolkids bonus, for DD who is starting school this month.  I updated our info on the family services website weeks ago.  I got my family assistance payment today and expected the schoolkids payment to be included but it wasn't.  

For those who've received the payment, was it included with your regular family assistance payment or was it paid separately?

I do realise that mine might still be coming.  Just thought I'd ask here as I tried ringing the family assistance hotline and wait was 20min+.

Thanks

#2 giggleandhoot

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

I don't get family A or B anymore but got the payment the other day..I owe from over estimating so just had to pay it back to them lol. Have you checked to see future payments on the website? I think it should have it there.

#3 DS1979

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

Mine came through yesterday with my regular family tax payment. I think they have another week to get them all out so if you haven't received it by then maybe give them a call.

#4 71Cath

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

Mine came through last Friday with my regular payment.  Hoping the CCR is with the next payment...

#5 JustBeige

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

Yes mine came through with my normal payment.  I believe they still have next week to go.    If you check your details online it does show, but not normally until a day or two before it goes in.

#6 Leee

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

Mines coming on the 21st with my normal payment apparently.

#7 K2010

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

Mine is showing up as being paid on 31st , I was expecting it with my family tax tomorrow the 17th.

On there website it says being paid between 9th - 22nd January so I'm confused

#8 KDA

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

I just logged on to online services and mine still isn't showing up yet. I get my next payment next Tuesday the 22nd, although I've still got to report this coming Friday so maybe it will show after I've done that.

#9 ChunkyChook

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

I got mine last Friday with my FTB payment but it didn't show up online until the Wednesday, so check again either Friday or Monday.

#10 PippityRoo

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

Got mine last Wednesday with my regular payments.

#11 spersephone

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

I'm in the exact same boat as you OP, and thought it would be with my payment on the 9th, but it wasn't. Expecting it on the 23rd instead, but no sign of it online or anything yet. If it doesn't turn up then, I'll have to ask them. I updated my daughter's details in December when they sent me a letter stating that they didn't have her listed as going to school this year.

#12 FunkyChooken

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

I rang yesterday as online mine wasnt showing and was told that they cant tell me when it will go in. And it actually may not show online until the day its paid. Im due to be paid this Fri so fingers crossed its put in! I really really need it to pay the school fees annd finish buying school shoes etc!

#13 tkenhrb

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

I got mine today.  It did not show up online but was in my account today then I got online letter today to say it as going to be paid - it was with my nornal payment not a seperate deposit.

#14 ~*Twilight~Zone*~

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (giggleandhoot @ 16/01/2013, 06:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't get family A or B anymore but got the payment the other day..I owe from over estimating so just had to pay it back to them lol. Have you checked to see future payments on the website? I think it should have it there.

If you don't get Family Tax A then how did you get the School Kids Bonus?

Mine was paid today with my normal payment. It didn't show up online until Monday afternoon.

#15 giggleandhoot

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

I have no idea PP how i got it! i guess it's the same question as why they kept giving me more money and lump sums after it was known i over estimated! ( i had  no idea..i thought we were on track) It was over 3 months after they knew.. til we were told we have to pay back a large sum. I now have to keep an eye on it that any money they do give me  goes straight back to them.

#16 ~Faye~

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

I am so confused by this....My son is starting full time prep in QLD, I got the text asking me to update his details on line but when I try to update his details it says I can't enter a future date that he starts school sad.gif so how do I update that he is starting at the end of this month?
Online it is still showing that he is in daycare but I can't change it to starting school??? I tried to ring but can't get through sad.gif

#17 me-he-and-3

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:45 AM

I'm getting paid mine on the 23rd. It's been showing for 5 days and I got an online letter dated jan 10. Ahhhh!! Would have come in handy before this Friday as I have to pick up ds books, clothes, fees for year 8. Centre link fir some reason changed my pay date as I just had a baby so this may be why?

#18 Laborious Nicety

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

LOL I appear to have been paid for a child in primary school and a child in secondary school!  So do not want to waste an hour of my day on the phone sorting that out.  Cheers Centrelink.  How could that mistake even happen given the ages of my kids?

#19 ingridhumanservice

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

Hi all, I work with the Australian Government Department of Human Services in a  team that responds to questions about Medicare payments and services on  social media sites like this. Just wanted to answer a couple of questions that have popped up in this thread.

If you are having problems updating details in online services, this may be because you are not in the right section. You need to ensure that you check and update the details in the Schoolkids Bonus Student Details section on online services.

When details of the Schoolkids Bonus show up in online services will vary from person to person, depending of their specific circumstances, and it may not show up until the day the payment goes into your account.

You can find more detailed information about the Schoolkids Bonus here: http://www.humanservices.gov.au/schoolkidsbonus

All the best! Ingrid  original.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Australia's top baby names of 2013

Essential Baby has compiled the data available from government records around the country to bring you the list of Australia's top baby names of 2013.

Sara James: fighting for my daughter

Sara James was a high-profile New York journalist, but it was her own daughter's story which raised the most questions.

Siblings and best of friends

I know we'll have some tense moments. I know there will be arguments. But I also know these two will always have this most beautiful bond.

In defence of mums on the phone

I know news stories always attract a range of opinions, and I know they're a place for people to have an anonymous dig in. However, I also know that this mum bashing has to stop.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

Pregnancy essentials for the second and third trimesters

So you're through the first trimester of pregnancy - congratulations! Here are some tips for getting through the next six months as comfortably and happily as possible.

Coles Easter eggs recalled due to presence of tree nuts

An allergic reaction has lead to the urgent recall of a variety of Coles brand Easter eggs.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Why I love the small age gap between my kids

Six months after our son turned one, we welcomed son number two into our lives. Yes, the small age gap had been planned - and there are things I love and hate about that small gap.

Parents warned about posting kids' photos online

Parents could be putting their kids at risk by posting images and information online which give away personal details, such as where they go to school and which parks they frequent.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Mum's the word when it comes to baby news

The arrival of a baby is big news, but friends and family need to understand it is not their news to share.

What?s in your parenting toolbox?

So often as parents, we don?t really talk about our ?parenting toolboxes?. But you need to be aware of what you and your partner are working with, and to decide what does and doesn't fit in your lives.

Classroom pregnancy prank goes viral

An American college professor has had to rethink his strict rule about answering cell phones in class after being the victim of an April Fools' prank that has gone viral.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Australia's top baby names of 2013

Essential Baby has compiled the data available from government records around the country to bring you the list of Australia's top baby names of 2013.

Video: Dad turns son into action movie hero

Many kids would love to be an action movie hero in real life, but very few will ever be able to see themselves in movies like these.

Toilet training in winter

There?s no need to stop thinking about toilet training just because the temperature is dropping: winter is a good a time as any to start the process.

What do you do all day?

It's the question all new mothers dread. For Kate Fridkis, it's a question that strikes to the heart of what it is to be a woman.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Video: Baby starts his day with a dance party

Few people start their day the same way this little guy does ? dancing, smiling, and generally having an awesome time.

IKEA announces bed canopy recall

IKEA has recalled its range of bed canopies designed to suspend above children?s beds following reported cases of injuries and entanglement.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.