fertility2family pregnancy tests

15 replies to this topic

#1 lucysposaro

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

Hi there everyone i am new here i am wondering if someone can answer my question in the best way possible sorry if it sounds really confussing.

I brought these tests off ebay called fertility2family they are 10ml i have never ever used these before but i thought i would give them a go.

I always use 2 strips at a time in the same cup just for confirmation kinda thing. The first ever strip i used was with first morning urine one strip showed a faint line and 2nd showed no lines. VERY CONFUSSING

The next day the same thing i waited 20 mins did another 2 tests both of them showed negatives...i DID ONE THAT NIGHT got a faint line again.....only on one strip not the other

Today morning urine tested 2 strips again one faint one neg what the???

has anyone had this weird problem i could go ahead and say oh yeah evap lines but it does not make any scence wouldent they all become evap lines and not have some neg and some positive or evaps? etc im due for my period in 3 days

#2 jmaz86

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

I have used both their ovulation and pregnancy tests with varying results...basically you get what you  pay for ...I would  stick to more reputable brands such as first response to confirm results.

#3 lucysposaro

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (jmaz86 @ 14/01/2013, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have used both their ovulation and pregnancy tests with varying results...basically you get what you  pay for ...I would  stick to more reputable brands such as first response to confirm results.

did u ever get evap lines with that brand i said above? everywhere i read they say the faint line has always been a positive it is just sp confussing for me because of the way its neg a postive in the same cup....does not add up

#4 Missy Shelby

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

I am another one that just would use the more expensive but more reliable brands like First Response, they have never given me an inaccurate result thus far.

#5 jmaz86

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

Never had an evap line...however I only  used 2 tests that came with my ovulation tests I got.

#6 LumpySpacePrincess

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

Ive used them before and found they gave evap lines alot. Every month i'd end up at the doctors to get confirmation bloods and it was always a neg result. They didnt start showing proper positives when i did fall pregnant till i was past 5 weeks and had already tested positive with a CB digi and got blood results of over 200. I wouldn't waste my money on them again.

#7 ~Peaches~

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

I think these are the same brand that I bought off ebay. Are they the ones with the blue 'handle'?

If so, I've had evaps on about 90% of them wacko.gif A few have been completely negative, but most of them have a faint second line, and one even had a dark second line when I definitely wasn't pregnant huh.gif I don't trust them at all, have just put them down to being dodgy tests and I wouldn't trust it even if I had a really dark BFP. I agree with testing with another brand like FR or confirm if you are wanting a definite answer original.gif Good luck.

#8 lucysposaro

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Oh thank you for your responses i dont want to keep my hopes up i did not think they were that bad or would give evap lines sad.gif looks like i will have to try out the other brand and see what happens. I am glad i found out now

#9 tazcan

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

I didn't get any evap lines with them, but they were definately not as sensitive as First Response - I had positives with first response and only negatives with Fertility2family ones for many days.

#10 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

I used the HPT and OPKs, I only ever got one evap on the HPT. With this pregnancy it showed up positive at 3w5d.

#11 berryberrynice

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

I've been using both their OPKs and HPTs and never had an evap line.  Been using for about 8 months.  Always clear OPK's for me and when I did get a BFP it was faint but there at 11dpo then darker at 12dpo.

#12 *molly*

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (tazcan @ 14/01/2013, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't get any evap lines with them, but they were definately not as sensitive as First Response - I had positives with first response and only negatives with Fertility2family ones for many days.

Exactly this for me

#13 Three Of Hearts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

I used to get faint second lines all the time, get my hopes up and then have them shattered again.  And as you can see by my sig they were never going to be positive!

As PPs have said I'd stick to a more reputable brand.

#14 MrsW87

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

I bought some of these and have had varying results. I made a topic with a few photos actually in here. I had several BFP's that were quite obvious, only to go to get bloods and have it negative. Although I also got a BFP on a FR so obviously something was going on, but I am still getting random positives and I am pretty sure im not pregnant.

I won't buy them again that's for sure. Too unreliable.

#15 Tiger-lily

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

I found their OPKs great but their HPTs a bit dodgy..

#16 MummyofAlmost3

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:22 PM

Definitely Not happy with their tests!! Positives on other tests and negatives on these.... Ridiculous, I just got the faintest line possible on one before but you have to hold it up to the light grrrrrrr!!!! Going for more blood tests to make sure my hcg is still doubling

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

Student shocked by surprise baby

Kate Hudson, 22, was on a dream European holiday with friends. She didn't realise she was about to become a mum.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.