What was your first ever post on EB?

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1 3'sACharm

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

What was the first thing you posted on the EB forums when you joined up?

Here is mine-

Posted on: 04/07/2005, 03:54 PM Hi my name is Rebecca and i just want to know wat BFP stands for?

laughing2.gif I think that was a pretty good question to ask!

So what was yours?

#2 LynnyP

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

I didn't realise people posted in more than one board and I spammed the whole forum introducing myself.  I have stayed strong in the dork every since.

#3 **Tiger*Filly**

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

----

Edited by Tyrone Finkelmeyer, 26 March 2013 - 08:19 PM.

#4 Lizzette

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

It was so long ago, under another user name.  I *think* I started a thread and asked a TTC question.

#5 cinnabubble

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

Hi,

I'm 16.5 weeks pregnant and had a colposcopy and pap smear at 11.5 weeks.

The reason for these tests was that I was diagnosed with CIN3 (severe precancerous cells on my cervix)in January last year. In March last year I had a LLETZ (large loop excision of the transformation zone) and have been monitored by a gynaecological oncologist 6 monthly.

My tests have come up clear so far (yay) and I don't have to have another pap smear for 12 months.

To the PP who will be having a colposcopy while pregnant, please don't stress. It's not fun, but it doen't hurt.

One of my cousins was diagnosed with the same thing at the same time as me. Instead of having surgery, she got pregnant and was carefully monitored. She has just had a healthy baby at full term and will have the surgery shortly.

These conditions are very slow in progressing and can be managed during pregnancy.

Sorry for the long post.

Cinnabubble.

Obviously I became less polite.

#6 Lady Garden

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (LynnyP @ 10/01/2013, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't realise people posted in more than one board and I spammed the whole forum introducing myself.  I have stayed strong in the dork every since.

That is gorgeous!

My first EB post was telling everyone not to be mean to the OP in a vent or a WDYT. So cliche!

#7 wish*upon*a*star

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

I joined when my then 4 month old screamed whenever we went in the car and I desperately needed help. The advice was incredibly useful!

#8 Expelliarmus

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

It's gone now ... and is an ancient post ... and was in a vent ... before we had the venting board.

Very epic biggrin.gif

#9 *cough*

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

From the Twilight buddy group - that's how a single, childless woman finds EB.

Yes dear friends....

Spill the beans, where does one acquire a home viewing version of NM?

I am not threatening anyone but this could be a whole bag a chips you don't even want to open!

#10 .Jerry.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

Mine was just a dull post asking about an Obstetrician.

#11 ~squiggle~

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

I asked people's experiences of a particular hospital. Had stalked for a long time before that though.

#12 statua angelam

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

I had a dose of siwoti syndrome which prompted to me stop lurking.  A pp had asked something about why God wasn't answering her prayers for a life partner, and I thought she had received really bad answers so far...   ph34r.gif

"Mia,

This question was enough to make me become a member so I could reply...First, I really do think it's okay to ask God for things for ourselves (I mean, even Jesus did that)!

But I do also sometimes think he gives an unequivocal "no" - I've certainly experienced that, in circumstances where you would think he would have every reason to want to say yes. And I know enough fulfilled monastics to know that God has different plans for different people; not everyone's meant for married life.

I also wonder what it is you think it means to be a woman - your comment about having skills and being independent not seeming female really concerned me. I'd be concerned at any model of femininity that implied dependence or being unskilled - that's not even the picture I get out of Proverbs 31!

What I wonder is, whether perhaps living with others in another way might be helpful to you? Have you thought about a shared community house of some sort?"

#13 ~Alchemy~

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

I stumbled across EB in my search for more info about cloth nappies so my first question was about MCNs.

My baby will be turning 5 this year. I can't believe how fast that time has gone.

#14 ResultsNotTypical

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

mine was posted after lots of lurking

I have a 10 week old who is difficult to settle during the day and early
evening, but (thankfully) sleeps a bit better at night. He's been diagnosed with
silent reflux and colic too.
We've tried wrapping him or not wrapping, gripe
water and infants friend, elevating his cot mattress slightly at the head,
leaving soft music on while he sleeps and giving him a dummy - he won't take
it.
Does anyone have any other ideas to try to help him sleep? And help me
stay sane?? I would love to have some more happy time with him when we're not
both overtired and grumpy.

he is much better now, took a while and 2 sleep school visits though.

#15 Swahili

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

I think mine was something to do with a miscarriage I had. I can't be bothered looking it up.

#16 Laborious Nicety

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

Somebody was wrong so I put them straight.

#17 Rumply

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

LOL Balzac

My first topic/post was titled "8 Years on Implanon - Finally it is out!"... Reading back it was a bit w*n*ery, back in 2009.... 2 kids later and perceptions have definitely changed.

#18 Riotproof

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (cinnabubble @ 10/01/2013, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Obviously I became less polite.

That doesn't sound like you at all.

Mine was in my dig

eally just jumping in to say Hi.

Have been browsing around and it seems like a really nice forum with lots of good info. This will be our first child, so I'm still a little bit freaked out but excited as well. Does that make sense?

#19 Riotproof

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

dp

Edited by Riotproof, 10 January 2013 - 09:50 PM.

#20 Lucretia Borgia

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

I can't remember...it may have been in a DIG .....I was a long time lurker....

#21 No girls here

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (No girls here @ 14/01/2010, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My son has been asking a few questions about babies and I think I had better be prepared to explain it to him soon as he is obviously thinking about it.

Can anyone recommend any suitable books?

He's since had the talk and it all went well!

Edited by No girls here, 10 January 2013 - 09:31 PM.

#22 Regular Show

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

It was in the Special Needs Cerebral Palsy Group

#23 cardamom

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

Mine was a post outing myself as a I'm-not-creepy-I-promise stalker.

I was (still am) pretty technologically incompetent, and when I first joined I had no idea how to find popular threads. So, I used to visit the profiles of members who tended to post in interesting/contentious threads, find their posts, then read the thread myself - all the while not realising that my username was appearing as a visitor on their profile...

I was reading a thread on stalkers and, to my horror, saw myself mentioned in relation to one of the aforementioned members. A few people jumped in saying "Yeah, that's a bit off what cardamom's doing, wonder if you know her IRL or something? Creepy." The member in question sent me a (very kind and friendly) PM, and eventually I was goaded into posting, rather than lurking, and 'fessed up in the thread.

I still cringe when I think of it!  blush.gif

#24 Madeline's Mum

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

The stock standard: "we're pregnant, omg! Tell me everything I need to know".

I have changed so much over the past 3+ years.

Edit - gah, I even did the different colour/font thing. *cringe*

Edited by Madeline's Mum, 10 January 2013 - 09:38 PM.

#25 BobTony

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

IIRC, it was something very bland about kids shoes.

I think I've become a bit more interesting since  Tounge1.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Life with anxiety

At times, I feel pretty worthless. In those moments, all I want to do is curl up into a ball and hide in the dark. I can try to quiet my mind, but it won?t shut up.

IVF leaves woman pregnant with another couple's twins

An Italian woman has been told the twins she is three months pregnant with are not hers.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

What you need for the 'fourth trimester'

In my opinion, the first three months after the birth are the most intense. Here's what got me through that time after welcoming my baby.

Weaning a toddler off a dummy: a 15-day plan

Weaning your child off the dummy can be a traumatic experience for both of you. Here are some tips to help you through.

Choosing to be a solo parent

Two women share their stories of longing for a baby so much that they each decided not to wait for a partner before becoming a mum.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Mum's heartbreak as son dies in road accident

Daly Thomas and her two young sons were walking home from church on Tuesday afternoon. Her youngest son never made it.

New Kate Spade baby bag designs

Don?t adjust your screen: this bright beauty is coming to you in full colour.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.