Kitchenaid
Which colour??

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 julia*v

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

I have been lusting after a kitchenaid for such a loooooong time. I am now able to purchase my lovely! The only problem is, I can't decide on the colour! It won't be left out on the bench (in this house anyway....maybe in the future if we move).

My choice would be purple, hands down, if they had one. The boysenberry just doesn't cut it for 'purple'.

So...that leaves me with:

Red: Classic kitchenaid. I like red. Nothing else red in the kitchen.

Baby pink: Pink is the next best thing to purple.... can get matching mixing bowls and baking accessories easily in baby pink....

Dark sparkling pink: There is a new-ish range with the clear bowl that has a dark hot pink mixer - with little sparkles all through it.

Sparkling white: My head says this is the sensible choice... the sparkles add a bit of interest without being a bright colour. If I ever have my dream white stone kitchen, this could sit on the bench and not scream 'look at me...!' This also has the clear glass mixing bowl.

My heart says the white is boring and the beauty of kitchen aids is in the colour.

Which really leaves me choosing between the two pinks....

I think. I am hopeless at making decisions sometimes! I don't want to make the wrong one... I'm hoping this baby will be with me for a while yet!

#2 Le-a

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Mine is red and it's dead sexy. It's like there is an Italian Stallion (think young Robert DeNiro) sitting on my bench cheering me on when Im cooking.

I also quite like the classic off-white.

Your other colour choices aren't really my style, but if you like them go for it. Just remember you will have this piece of equipment forever, so don't choose something you're likely to regret later!

#3 Cranky Kitten

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Ooooh I LOVE my KA! As for colour, personally I prefer darker colours, so would probably go the dark pink.

Mine is Onyx Black, which is black with sparkles through it - the sparkles really makes it shine original.gif

#4 Feral timtam

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

Red and white are classic, you've got to admit that but they're not daring any more. Everyone has red and white in their kitchen now.

The baby pink one looks anaemic. My SIL would like it and that's not a recommendation.

The other one you're looking at, is that the Raspberry Ice one? If it is then wub.gif that's the one I would be getting.

#5 julia*v

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (Cranky Kitten @ 07/01/2013, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ooooh I LOVE my KA! As for colour, personally I prefer darker colours, so would probably go the dark pink.

Mine is Onyx Black, which is black with sparkles through it - the sparkles really makes it shine original.gif

Yes, I really do like the ones with sparkles! I wish the baby pink had the sparkles in it.

Just remember you will have this piece of equipment forever, so don't choose something you're likely to regret later!

Yes, that's why I an agonising over the colour.

(and yes, I realise my problems are small/my life blessed if this is what I am 'worrying' over).

#6 42n8

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

All the colours are lovely and like PP said, the only caution is that you will have your kitchenaid for life so dont pick a colour you're likely to regret in years to come.

My only additional advice is, once you have it and are using it, you'll be using it so much you wont want to be putting it away each time. Plus they're too heavy for that so go with something you like looking at cos on display it will be.

FWIW, mine is black. I always wanted a red one but when it came down to it, it just wouldn't look right in my kitchen. My coffee machine is black. My oven, dishwasher, microwave, fridge and blender are all s/steel (and black) so I went with black and love, love, LOVE IT! But like you, thought it a boring choice among all those actually available when I was buying it.

#7 MagsJee

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

We have the standard red one (and I love it lots) but in all honesty... candy apple red =  wub.gif

#8 FeralProudSwahili

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

Apple red or dark pink.

#9 librablonde

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Mine is a glorious cream, it's a sexy beast original.gif

#10 *LucyE*

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

I have the plain red one but oh how I wish I had the sparkly, metallic red one. I think it is candy apple red. I was so enamored with it, I nearly bought it even though mine works perfectly fine.

#11 Daisy Goat

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

I have Apple Green. Not my choice as I won it but it does look pretty good.

I would go for a Purple but like you said they dont have the right Purple

#12 lorze

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

I have the Candy Apple Red KA and it is a thing of beauty. I love the look of it with the glass bowl.

Have you seen the sparkly Electric Blue KA? I think only Myer is stocking that particular colour. It is gorgeous.

#13 Escapin

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

I have the upsized red one. I LOVE IT!!!! I also have the blender and food processor, all three lined up next to each other on the bench. They make me happy just to look at them original.gif

PS: Everyone knows that red ones go faster...

#14 Taffyk

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

As a lover of purple (and I really LOVE purple), I am very happy with the boysenberry!

But I like the sound of blue with sparkles!!

And my KA matches nothing in my kitchen and I don't care - it stands out from the boring colours.

#15 beckles5

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Hi there

I completely understand and can relate to your dilemma.  I became a woman possessed (for choice of a better word) and spent so much time deliberating about it.  Ask my husband - he was slowly going insane as his care factor (as long as I used it) was next to none.

Anyway my colour choice is different (Pistachio) and when I put it on my bench top I didn't think 'she' belonged. I packed her all away and rang stores to see if they had the apple green in stock (as this is what I thought about getting next) but they told me that I couldn't return the KA once it was taken out of the box.  So she stayed.  And I love her.  I have her on the bench top and a lot of people  have said what a nice colour she is.  The colour goes really well with our kitchen set,/windows overlooking garden and she is there, but not in your face IYKWIM.    

So take your time deciding and don't be influenced by others.  I would never have thought of the colour I ended up with but a friend talked about it so I thought - yep I think that would work for me.  Then the indecision crept in and the the impulsiveness as I had to have it NOW and didn't want to wait for other colours to come in stock.  

I do think the surroundings and the kitchen colouring are to take into consideration.  In a way so is your personality.  I didn't want something bold and brash.

Enough rambling but enjoy. I love it and enjoy baking so much more - my waist line isn't thanking me though!!!

#16 Camizebra

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

Hooray!  You will love your purchase!

Mine is Apple Green and on the bench in all it's glory, and I love it.  Not to everyone's taste and not on your short list, but I think just go with what you really love, regardless.

#17 melodypond

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Mine is apple green as well and I love it.  Every now and then I think maybe I should have gone for the red but I really truly do love the green.  

Picking a colour is half the fun!  Out of your choices I would go the sparkly raspberry ice.  If you did get an all white kitchen it would look so good.  Although if you could be swayed on the boysenberry, that looks awesome.  Not helpful at all sorry!

#18 notorico

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

I have the ice blue and it looks great in my white kitchen, very retro.

#19 bunny2

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (Escapin @ 07/01/2013, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have the upsized red one. I LOVE IT!!!! I also have the blender and food processor, all three lined up next to each other on the bench. They make me happy just to look at them original.gif

Wow!  I'm envious!  This sounds awesome!!!!

My first choice would be red.  Second choice white.

#20 jessa86

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (notorico @ 07/01/2013, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have the ice blue and it looks great in my white kitchen, very retro.

I don't have one yet, but I am saving for this one. I love the Ice blue colour!

#21 jovana

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

I have apple green. wink.gif Bought it 3 yrs ago.
I loved sparkly red they had at the time (for 90th anniversary) but it was bit more expensive than other colours.
At the moment, my favourite colour is that new hot pink one, it's so yummy. And I just googled sparkly blue one, it's gorgeous as well.

#22 Therese

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

I would love a red Kitchen Aid original.gif It wouldn't match anything else in my kitchen but it would look pretty biggrin.gif

#23 i-candi

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

White but then I'm a boring person lol !!! white matches my kitchen, blue would as well but one day I'll repaint my house and it will be all white original.gif

I like boring original.gif

#24 Bear Grylls

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

I have the Raspberry Ice colour ( dark pink with sparkles) and I LOVE it.

The sparkly ones cost quite a bit more than the matte finish ones and are harder to track down. At least they were when I bought mine a few months ago.

Edited by Bear Grylls, 07 January 2013 - 10:04 PM.

#25 ubermum

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

I like the raspberry ice one and the empire red. I have chrome. Safe choice. It was a gift from dh.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Win $1000 with Sea-Band

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band prize pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos gift card!

Misery loves Facebook

Facebook users are often criticised for only showing the positive, fun parts of their lives. But what about when it swings the other way, when someone uses it for the purposes of ranting about their children all the time, never posting anything positive?

Toddler's adorable impersonation of pregnant mum

Little Ellis has noticed his mum is walking differently lately, and his impersonation of her is hilarious.

'Forgotten baby syndrome' can happen to any one of us

When my third child was two months old, I strapped her into her car seat, then promptly forgot all about her. But she survived, unharmed, because it was winter, and I was lucky.

Join the Real Mums Test Drive Team

Five mums or mums-to-be will join the EB Test Drive Team and discover great items at an exclusive Big W event. (Sydney only.)

Ten things I've learned about motherhood

Never take a good night's sleep for granted. There is no logic like toddler logic. Standing on Lego hurts every time. These are the truths of parenthood.

Parenting past the toddler years: what's next?

Your baby has grown into a toddler, and now your toddler is fast approaching the preschooler stage. What can you expect as a parent?

Tips on what to pack in your hospital bag

Before giving birth I read countless lists, ended up overpacking just a little, and now know what I'll actually want to pack next time.

New app keeps tabs on your kids at childcare

Popular new technology lets parents know what their children are up to at childcare - but not everyone is a fan.

21 things I love about newborns

There?s an irresistible magic about newborns. Of course they're not all smiles and rainbows, but they are undeniably cute and remarkable in so, so many ways.

Kid-friendly hairdressers: who says haircuts can?t be fun?

I?ve found some salons who boast setups ideal for children ? you name it, they?ve thought of it. All are designed to make haircuts fun rather than stressful.

Labour pain relief may reduce risk of postnatal depression: study

Postnatal depression is a complex condition, but researchers say pain relief during labour may help some women.

Why we need better support for men after miscarriage

In a recent study, 85 per cent of men admitted feeling sadness after their partner miscarried, but almost half said they didn't share their feelings at all. What can be done to help them?

Mum in business: Kristy Chong

Kristy Chong is the managing director of Australian-made Modibodi underwear and a mum to Lucas, 6, Jason, 4, and Isaac, 6 months. She shares her advice for other mums thinking about starting their own businesses.

From toddler to preschooler: a developmental roadmap

So your toddler is growing up and will soon be entering the preschooler years. Here are a few ways to frame their development that will help you understand what?s going in those beautiful, funny, clever little heads of theirs.

Mum sacrifices an eye for her unborn baby

Motherhood is full of sacrifices, but this woman has made a life-altering one - and her baby hasn't even been born.

A grandparent by any other name

A growing number of grandparents are shunning tradition and going against conventional names - but a grandparent by any other name still gives the same awesome cuddles and kisses.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

When labour just doesn't happen

After three healthy kids, I can?t help feeling I?ve been a little ripped off. I missed out on something I had always wanted to experience, and now I?ll never get the chance.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

Win $1000 with Sea-Band

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band prize pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos gift card!

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Join the Real Mums Test Drive Team

Five mums or mums-to-be will join the EB Test Drive Team and discover great items at an exclusive Big W event. (Sydney only.)

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.