Due in Feb 2013 Chat Thread #6

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#26 Natttmumm

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

Congrats Stanzy. Hope All is gong well so far with you and baby.
Likely split - glad the early contractions were just a scare its scRy when its early but good youve made it this far.
I've had a few runs of contractions which are increasing but it eventually stops. My blood pressure is up a bit too now so hoping nothing comes of that. 38 weeks and counting down. Today I've been so emotional and have been teary all day. Not sure why.

#27 Mamanuka

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

It’s our month! original.gif  

Congratulations Stanzy and Bubba Ship, hope all going well with you both.
Whale-woman how annoying about the pool fence, so dumb. Hopefully your DP fronts up with some names soon - if not he can’t complain!
Lickety Split 37+6 sounds pretty respectable, all the best for your VBAC.
Nattmumm I’ve been randomly emotional too, nearly broke a vegemite jar when I lost it at the weekend. Can’t even remember why now.

AFM bit of a stress lately: fundal height showed no growth over a 2 week period. I had 2 CTGs and 2 fluid scans before they decided to actually measure the baby, saying if there was a problem they would want it out! So that freaked me out, thought I might have to call my acupuncturist in a panic. BUT today my growth scan showed baby looks a normal size, just deeply engaged. So relieved. Now I can stop wanting to hide when everyone goes ‘Oh you’re so TINY’.

Hope everyone else is doing well, we’re on the home stretch now!

#28 Ringarosy

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

Congrats Stansy and bubba ship.  Hope your bubs are doing well.

How is everyone going.?
Can't believe it is feb!!!! We are almost there...unless you already have had your baby.

Just gone 38wks, have had a few bouts of contractions that fizz out after an hour or so. It's strange as I keep thinking, "Is this it, or not?"
My feet are getting puffy and I'm a bit tired otherwise ok.
Any other news?

#29 Natttmumm

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

Nothing happening with me. Have had lots of BH contractions and also think its starting but nothing all weekend.
Totally over it and exhausted!!!
Hoping its soon for all

#30 dueFeb13

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

Congrats Stanzy and Bubba ship!!! Hope things are going well for you at home with the new one.

Whale-Woman, would have been nice for you if you could just relax at this point. Hopefully the workers will be finished soon!

Nattmum, I'm with you with the over it and exhaustedness...

AFM - 39 weeks tomorrow. Went on a baking frenzie the other night - muffins, cookies, apple pies and doughnuts.... is that classed as nesting?? Fingers crossed things get moving this week on their own, I have a slight fear of being induced, I feel that if they start interfering then they may have to keep it up the whole way through. I hope it moves naturally in the next few days. Had a hormone surge Thurs and Fri, ended up in hospital on a drip to rehydrate me - morning sickness coming back that lasts all day - apparently is normal.
DP has to go in and have surgery on his knee this week... hopefully bubs doesn't choose that day to meet the world - bad timing!!!

Good luck to you all incase something happens and I don't get back on for a bit.

original.gif xxx

#31 whale-woman

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

dueFeb13 - I'm impressed with the baking frenzy. I've been thinking I should do some cooking but my back is not really up to standing for too long to do it. I've never heard of hormone surges causing dehydration needing drips. It sounds horrible. I hope you're feeling better now. fingers crossed bub comes soon for you, but not when your DP is in hospital.

Nattmummm - I think I've been having some BHs too... usually when I overdo it... I think we're all pretty over it now just waiting......

Mamanuka - I've been cranky, teary and a bit irrational so I hear you on the emotions everywhere. I'm glad they sorted out why bub was having the funny measurements. It sounds terribly stressful for what eventually was nothing.

AFM I stupidly tried last night to ask DP again about baby names. He tells me he's written a list, but couldn't find it, as he suspects it's at work. He suggested we could talk about it today. So he now wants to START, 3days before she's being born, talking about names after refusing/avoiding for the last 8 months. I lost it totally and told him it was too late and I'd name her (and have a name I've wanted to use since before she was even conceived) since he obviously couldn't be bothered. He also had pointed out that he'd be missing his works Chinese new year lunch to attend the birth, so I told him I was happy for him to p*ss off to lunch. He then did the 'how can you think I'm like that routine..'.. Anyhow still angry at him today which hasn't been helped by him not answering his phone all day... So much for him being there if Bub did decide to come early. Am I being unreasonable people?
Otherwise I'm having a bit of a holiday. I went to the cinema for the first time in a year or so and bought some nice clothes which HOPEFULLY wont take too long for me to fit into. I'm already hanging out to send all my pg stuff off to the charity shop as this is #2 and definitely last bub.
Has anyone elses brain totally gone off line?? I can't seem to remember anything...
Can't wait to hear of everyones new arrivals.... Only have till Sat to be born into the year of the dragon, after that they will be snake sign.

Edited by whale-woman, 05 February 2013 - 07:10 PM.

#32 Natttmumm

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

Hi all
Whale woman - I know that cranky feeling. I have yelled at DH a lot this week and last weekend. All small things but they still irritated me. Not long for you to go now. Best wishes for Friday.
Due feb 13 - impressed with the baking, I'm still too lazy to do anything and of course our oven and washing machine both broken at the same time. Both under warranty but still waiting for the repair people to come.
Me - blood pressure is now high so doc is starting to talk induction for next week. Blood tests and urine were clear but he said he thought best baby is born before end of next week. Praying he Arrives by himself before then. I was hoping to avoid an epidural but thinking if I'm induced that might not happen. I am still carrying really high and baby to engaged so doc didn't seem confident that I'd go into labour.

#33 Mamanuka

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

Hi girls. Just a quick note to say DS was born 3/2/13, ten days early. 6.5 pounds, 52cm tall. Will post more of a birth story later but for now we are home and finding our feet original.gif

#34 Pobbs

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

Is anyone here delivering at Ipswich?

#35 Ringarosy

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

Congrats mamanuka!!

#36 whale-woman

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

Grats Mamanuka!

DD2 born Fri, 3.8kg. Only 1 hour of sleep last night as she wanted to feed ALL night. I hope tonight is better.

Good luck all still awaiting bubs.

#37 Natttmumm

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

huge congrats to mamanuka and whale woman. Wonderful news.
Still waiting for my little boy to arrive. Will be induced mid week if he's not here by then. False alarm last night - lots of regular strong contractions that fizzled out after a few hours. Just enough to be up all night and get a reminder of what labour is like!!!
Baby is still high up and not many contraction today.
I'm getting impatient!!!

#38 dueFeb13

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

Soo happy for you Mamanuka and Whale Woman!!! Look forward to hearing more about the births when you get around to it.

Nattmum, I am with you on the getting impatient, so many false alarms and with 2 days until my due date I just know I am going to go over.... Good luck with your little one arriving on his own - I hope the blood pressure being high is nothing to worry about.

AFM - Will have a stretch and sweep Wednesday if nothing has happened prior to that, then again every 2 days until next Wednesday, then induced.... hopefully it doesn't come to that. I am running out of things to cook and clean, but the exhaustion is getting to me now. Would be nice if I could find a comfy position to sleep in and succum to it!!!

Good luck to all who are still waiting and enjoy getting to know your little ones for those who have already arrived!!! xxx

#39 Liah

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

Hi all,

Haven't been on here in ages as we have been without the internet for over a month (quite ready to drive to the Telstra building and throw a brick at it!! But maybe that's just the hormones talking...)

Congratulations on all who have had their baby!  And I hope the rest of us aren't waiting too much longer!

I'm 37+6 today and getting over the boredom very quickly!  It's been all happening so quickly the last few months - finishing uni, moving house, getting the baby stuff ready, finishing work...and all of a sudden, I'm out of things to do!!  Have been having a lot of braxton hicks the last few days, as well as some passing period pain and back pain, so fingers crossed things start happening soon!

#40 Natttmumm

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

Hi All just a quick post to say our adorable DS arrived on 13.2.13 weighing 4.2 kgs.

After an 8 hr labour he arrived by emergemcy csection. It was a rocky start but all well now.

#41 Kabe81

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:19 AM

Hi all,
Our beautiful DD arrived on 5th Feb (her due date!) weighing 9lbs (4.1kg) and 52cms long. I was induced due to some bleeding but she arrived happy and healthy and we are overjoyed! original.gif

#42 dueFeb13

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

Hi Everyone!!

Congrats Natttmumm and Kabe81.

Our BEAUTIFUL Little Emily Anne arrived Monday 18th 2.98kg 5 days over due.

I was induced then she took 11 hours from waters breaking!!! Feeding and sleeping well, so happy to have her home... I still can't quite believe she is mine! I kept looking back for someone to stop us when we brought her home from hospital yesterday!!!

Wish everyone luck who is still waiting xxx

#43 Natttmumm

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

Congrats duefeb13 and Kane 81. All the best for the bubs due in the last week on feb.

#44 babyinabackpack

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

Hi all and congratulations to those who have already had their bubs!
We had our little girl on the 15th (her due date AND our anniversary!) after 32 hours of fun, weighing 2.8kg and being a super 50 cm long!
She is doing super well!
I hope yiu are all doing well aswell!!

#45 Ringarosy

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

Congrats to all you mums already having baby cuddles. I am 10 days over,
booked in for Gels tonight.... Nervous!!!!!!

#46 babyinabackpack

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

Good luck Lozypopz!!
I hope you get to meet your baby really soon!!

#47 Natttmumm

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:43 AM

Good luck lozypops. Hope its quick for you. Let us know when you have news

#48 Ringarosy

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

Thanks ladies. Our little man arrived at 11:44pm on the 27th of feb after a hard induce labour ar 41w4d. He is just so dreamy and I love him to pieces. A boy was a lovely surprise as we didn't know, he was 8pound...not bad for a first baby! Breast feeding has been hard but so worth the cuddles. Everyday it gets easier.

Congrats to all the other new mums and hang in there the ones still waiting.
X

#49 Liah

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

Congratulations to everyone!

Our beautiful girl arrived 11.32pm on 28th feb, cutting it very close to not making it into feb Tounge1.gif

She weighed 3.3kg (7pds 4oz) and was 2 days overdue.  The labour went quite well despite being sent home from the hospital at one point...

Absolutely in love!!!

#50 Lickety Split

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

Congrats!

Our DS arrived on 23 Feb, one week after his due date, via a drug free VBAC. He is just wonderful original.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.