New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 ~Peaches~

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

Gold biggrin.gif hehe.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Willsmumsos- I'm glad you were able to push through the pain and give it your best shot this month grin.gif you definitely deserve a lovely BFP coming your way after being so commited! Will be hanging out for testing time, have my fingers crossed for you!

Bambiigrrl- Hi and welcome! Looking forward to sharing the journey with you, hopefully it's only a short one hheart.gif

Luvmy3- sorry your dr wasn't overly positive or encouraging sad.gif I'm sure it's just because it's only early days. Have you done another FR test? Hope you get your bt results ASAP and they're encouraging for you and can help you feel more relaxed and hopeful wub.gif Let us know how you go with your results, everything crossed you've got a smooth 8 months ahead xx

Hi to everyone else, sorry for a short post, just posting from my phone, will pop in later to catch up properly. All is good here, hoping so much I'll be having a 28 day cycle and can expect ovulation tomorrow eeep hands.gif testing with opk's 2-3 times a day so hopefully I'll well and truly catch my surge! So just waiting to O now and then it's go time hehe. Hope everyone is going well, looking forward to hopefully seeing some more bfp's this month! Xx

#3 3'sACharm

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

Bronze!!

Hahahaha we've decided to start ttc 3 after the next period!! 21 days to go!!! biggrin.gif

Bambiigrrl Not sure if i've said hello but Welcome!! original.gif

Luvmy3 I'll be lurking for an update!

Hi to everyone else...hope your all keeping busy and enjoying the new year!! original.gif

#4 *~Luvmy3~*

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

I feel shattered   cry1.gif

Just got my blood test result from the Dr and its negative.... how can this be?! I have had +ve hpts!

#5 mamma_b

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

hi luvmy3, so sorry to hear about your results.

But still no AF, so there is still hope, thinking of you x

#6 ~Perplexity~

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

luvmy3 - sorry about the negative bt, but without AF hopefully you are still in with a chance.

3'sACharm - congrats on deciding to try for number 3 after your next AF.  Not long to wait now, yay.

#7 ~Peaches~

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

Luvmy3 So sorry to hear your BT result was negative! sad.gif There is definitely a line on the latest FR test you posted huh.gif I don't get it?! Do you think it might've been a chemical pregnancy perhaps? Although if there's still no sign of AF, there could still be a chance things will turn out ok?! Thinking of you, what an emotional rollercoaster hhugs.gif Let us know how you get on, will be thinking of you.

3'sACharm YAY for deciding to TTC next month biggrin.gif Glad you've made a decision, I'm excited for you hehe.

willsmumsos I meant to say before, that's a bit odd your CM has changed lately during your cycle comapred to what it's usually like? I guess our hormones can do funny things and aren't always predictable? Even though my O pain has been clear, and I've been getting positive OPK's, I've noticed my EWCM is pretty much non-existant?! It never used to be like that..just since I stopped the pill this time. So I've actually bought some Pre-Seed lubricant as that's meant to help the swimmers along happy.gif lol so we'll give that a go. So that's always an option that's there too lol. Hopefully this month is the lucky one and you won't even need to think about it again biggrin.gif

mamma_b I hope you have an answer soon, so frustrating when you can't work out what's happening! Fingers are crossed you still have a sneaky BFP coming your way happy.gif

valhalla007 I hope you had a nice time away at Christmas, and I hope all has been well, have missed your posts in here original.gif

Hope everyone is well, so exciting that there's a lot of us TTC/about to start TTC so soon, felt like most of us were just waiting and waiting for ages wwhistle.gif

As we're trying to DTD as close to ovulation as possible, I keep getting scared we've missed the boat rolleyes.gif It's only CD13 today, so hopefully I haven't had a sneaky shorter cycle lol, still holding out hope tomorrow or saturday is the day. I forgot how obsessive TTC can make you tongue.gif Hopefully O time will be clear and we can give it a good shot this month..then the dreaded 2WW begins, it's been a while since I've had one of those, hope I can stay calm and not drive myself crazy as it could take months and months LOL.
Glad the time is finally here to start trying though happy.gif

Hope you all have a good friday and weekend,! x

#8 willsmumsos

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

Luvmy3 - sorry to hear about negative result. Did you ask doc to investigate further or are you just waiting for AF now to arrive? Keep your spirits up. Big hugs to you.

Peaches- I just had a heap of blood tests done to check my hormone levels and they all came back fine. Not only has my CM changed but my breasts now get tender from O day until after period rather than just two days before period. Actually tender is an understatement - they absolutely ache, it's crazy because I am sooooo flat chested yet I feel like I'm carrying around double e boobs! It annoys me too because sore boobs was how I discovered I was pregnant with both my son and the baby we lost last year, so the sore breasts are a constant reminder of all of that. It also worries me this month because despite trying our little hearts out my boobs started aching on O day just as with every 'normal' (25 day) cycle I've had recently. Good luck with your weekend tries!

I am absolutely hanging for the testing day to come around because I am beyond obsessed with this TTC caper and knowing that this is our last chance is making it even more all encompassing.

Off to Melbourne and then the theatre tonight, so I better get organised and take my mind off this for a while (yeah right!)

#9 Fossy

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

Hi Ladies!!
Can I join?? We are in the first month TTC #3!  I got postpartum thyroiditis after my last baby so my body was very out of whack, got the all clear to ttc just before Christmas.

Hope everyone has a nice short stay here!

Keep cool during this heat!

#10 3'sACharm

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

Welcome Fossy Good luck on ttc #3

#11 *~Luvmy3~*

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

AF arrived today.

#12 ~Perplexity~

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Hi Fossy - good luck with TTC #3.

sad.gif  Luvmy3

#13 cath83

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

Hi everyone
Luvmy3 - so so sorry about AF - I had everything crossed for you.  I had a very similar experience last month though my clinic also put me on progesterone to keep things happening so not only did AF come, she was later and so we had to wait longer to get to this month (if that makes sense).  All the best for the next month. hheart.gif
To everyone else - all the best for BFPs soon! ddance.gif
AFM -I'm in the 2WW and as I am on holidays, its hard to focus on anything else  unsure.gif
I have a BT on Mon and also see my OBGYN to see how things are going as I have to use clomid, but I so so so so so so so so want to be successful this month (4th month TTC).  I surged on Wed, so presuming I ovulated late Wed or Thurs and so today are 2dpo.  We BD Wed (2), Thurs (2) and Fri so I really hope we caught that eggy!!  hands.gif
At the moment its tricky, because I have only told my mum that we are TTC and I have a pregnant SIL who is so negative about her current pregnancy I want to scream!!  In fact she has been this way for all of them.   This is their 4th and she falls pregnant VERY easily, so I really stew about it, any suggestions??
Well there goes another 5mins of my 2WW  wink.gif

#14 cbmum

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

I've decided this is our month! We were going to wait till feb but that feels forever. We decided last night but its day 12 today. Suddenly it feels like we are rushing!! Good luck all rolleyes.gif

#15 willsmumsos

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Only 9 days to go until I know one way or the other!

Luvmy3 - sorry about AF, may next month be your month.

Fossy - welcome

My friend who had had the cramping and bleeding with her accidental 4th pregnancy is ok - bub had a strong heart beat and looked good so looks like the negativity didn't do any damage. I seem to be surrounded in babies again - 2 close friends are due in 6-8 weeks (which is when I would have been due with the bub we lost last year) and then another 2 friends are due later in the year (when hopefully all of us are!)

Got to go my DS is watching YouTube without me. I am really strict on what he can and can't see (he's a very sensitive little soul) so I better intervene before he finds something offensive!

Back to add- Cath83 I just noticed your sig - are you trying for twins or just sure you want another after number 3?! Good luck!

Edited by willsmumsos, 05 January 2013 - 04:35 PM.

#16 ~Peaches~

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

Hi girls,

*~Luvmy3~* So sorry to hear AF showed up sad.gif What a rollercoaster this cycle has been for you. Sending you big hugs and I hope next cycle is yours bbighug.gif

Fossy waves.gif Hi and welcome!

willsmumsos Really really really hoping this month is your month! So much hanging on this months results, so I so hope you've got a lovely BFP coming your way! Just think tomorrow there's only 8 more days till you know biggrin.gif The 2WW certainly can drag, argh.
Glad to hear all is well for your friend, always a scary time when things don't go completely smoothly! I hear you on the baby boom too, one of my best friends had a baby on new years day, another had a baby girl this morning, another close friend is almost 12 weeks pregnant, my SIL is almost 15 weeks, plus all the other friends that have just had newborns/are pregnant, there's babies babies everywhere! Hoping we can join them soon happy.gif

cbmum Woohoo! So exciting! Good luck for your first month then biggrin.gif

cath83 Fingers are crossed for you for this month! Hoping we get a lovely big run of BFP's in here. Good luck at your appt on monday, let us know how you go original.gif

Hi to everyone else, hope you're all going well.

AFM: Well of course my last two cycles when we weren't trying were clear as day, then this cycle I have no idea what's going on rolleyes.gif lol. I've been using my OPK's at least twice a day, so thought for sure I'd catch my surge, but I really don't know what's happening mellow.gif I did get two tests with slightly pink lines on thursday morning (not fully positive), but they then faded off again that afternoon. I also had a teeny amount of EWCM that morning, tender boobs that afternoon, then a pain in my side late that night..so then friday morning I though ahhh bugger, I probably had my surge overnight on wednesday night so missed it on my opk's, and just ovulated earlier than I was expecting on thurs night, grrrr. So the best we could do was dtd friday morning and friday afternoon and hope for the best rolleyes.gif Pretty sure we missed the boat for this month though arghhh. But because I haven't had a positive OPK yet, I don't know for certain if I have even ovulated yet lol, so I will just keep testing and if I don't get a positive soon I guess I can assume I'm in the 2WW with not much hope LOL. So will see what happens, not holding out much hope for this month though. Don't think we'll bother trying to time DTD as close to ovulation again next month, in case we miss it completely again tongue.gif
Thanks for letting me ramble in here lol, TTC certainly can make you obsessive, so it's nice to have somewhere to get it all out, ha!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! x

#17 cath83

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Just a quick one, all good willsmumsos, we are ttc 3 but if we get 3&4, all good. Xo

#18 cath83

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Just a quick one, all good willsmumsos, we are ttc 3 but if we get 3&4, all good. Xo

#19 willsmumsos

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Cath83  - how did you go today?
I think I am secretly hoping for twins that way number 3 would have a companion but I wouldn't have to convince DH or be preg again!

Not sure what is going on with my body today - I'm bloated, have AF style cramps moving all around front and back, I'm eating like a pig, I am almost manic in my moods and have this bizarre CM. It's too late for O and too early for AF...I tried to convince myself earlier that it was just implantation but I know that's not it!

Is anyone up to testing yet? I'm desperate for someone to have good news!

#20 cath83

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

H everyone
Willsmumsos - I know what you mean - about 3&4 at once as I have agreed with DH that we will have only one more.  If we are doubly blessed, who am I to argue?  However in saying that, I would really like just to get a BFP with #3.  Even though we had to use clomid for DS, it took only one cycle and then two natural cycles for DD.  This is my fourth month this time around...as for my appointment today, it went well I think.  I definitely ovulated (yay!  withOUT a trigger shot) and my levels were OK.  I have to start some crinone tonight but my OB seemed quite pleased.  Fingers crossed for a BFP next week!!!   I have also had a few strange symptoms, bleeding gums yesterday and a bad headache today, slept terribly last night and have had a sore back today...dont want to get my hopes up but want to stay positive.  I had another staff member tell me today she is pregnant (that's 2 in two weeks)!  Maybe I can be the 3rd!

Willsmumsos - when are you testing, the 14th?
Hope everyone else is having a good week.

Edited by cath83, 07 January 2013 - 07:02 PM.

#21 valhalla007

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

Hi Ladies,  

Sorry I've been MIA, had a wonderful holiday with extended family and then a weeks camping with little ds and dh at Gerroa.

Wow lots has been happening in here since I left for holidays, so many new ttc'ers...Yaaay!!

Welcome and hello (slightly belated I know!)Cath83, Willsmumso, Perplexity and Fossy.  If I missed a new comer am sorry, and hi waves.gif

Luvmy3 Im so sorry about the bt results, fx for a February BFP hhugs.gif

Peaches hi thank you for your post (a little while ago now) I've missed you too!  bbighug.gif I hope you had a great christmas and new year as well.   Sorry to hear about the confusing OPK thing, you know I think it is a bit of the whole thing, we wouldn't normally be so pedantic about the accuracy of the result if we werent ttcing.  From what other people say, if you can see a very discernible strengthening in the darkness of the test line I would take it as a positive, in my vast experience ....(of one month!! LOL).  Hope it becomes clearer and that you dont miss the surge, which I am sure you wont.  So excited for you, you really deserve a bfp quickly my fx for you.

Cbmum  Get Rushin' girl, Soo excited for you too, good decision, earlier you go for it the better I think yyes.gif .  Wishing you a speedy ttc time.  Hope you haven't been working too hard, were you able to get any time off?  

3sACharm have you "officially" got going yet?  I haven't caught up on the old thread yet so, sorry if this is repeated!.

Cath83, Glad your appointments went well.  And things do come in three's!! Hopefully you will be next after your work colleague!

Willsmumsos I think I've come in at the end of a twins conversation, but secretly dream about having twins too!! I don't think I would be so lucky, but I have thought about it a lot and for the same reasons with dh!

Perplexity havent read all the posts yet, but good luck to you with ttc#3.

Fossy hi and hope your well good luck with ttc#3 too!

AFM Well no new year bfp, AF arrived 8dpo on boxing day, that really sucked!  But was very proud of my not dwelling on it and getting on with the holiday and enjoying it.  However this last post luteal phase was only 8 days so really hoping that its a one off and not a regular thing!  This month is probably out for me unless I manage to O early, as dh will be interstate across the crucial time as the shorter cycle last month, of course, has thrown out all our plans and timetable by about 10 days. I am going for my Sonohysterogram and tubal patency tests after my next AF so am actually, if I don't in the meantime get a bfp, hurrying up AF's arrival.  Apparently these tests are done on cd 5-10 for most accuracy.

OMG Im so back to ttc land!!!  roll2.gif

My little ds is going nuts better go and fix a late late lunch for him!! My big ds has only just got home after two days out!
hheart.gif

#22 ~Peaches~

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

valhalla007 YAY, so nice to have you back biggrin.gif Have missed you! Sounds like you had a lovely time away, so nice you got a little extended camping holiday with just DH and DS wub.gif That would've been great.
So bummed you didn't get a lovely christmas/new years BFP though ddown.gif Not nice when AF arrives at all, let alone early like that! So annoying DH will now be away at the crucial time, that is so frustrating. Have my fingers crossed by some miracle your body wants to co operate with his schedule happy.gif Good luck with your appt, make sure you let us know how you go with it, will be stalking for an update when the time comes.
Hope you've been able to settle back into normal life after your busy christmas time, sometimes it feels like you need a holiday to recover from your holiday lol!
Very glad to have you back original.gif

Oh and thanks lovely, I should've just trusted my little OPK's that have served me so well in the past LOL. Ended up getting a very clear positive and actually ovulated on day 17, so we didn't miss the boat after all, woohoo. This TTC business certainly knows how to make you turn obsessive and crazy haha. So at least we're in with some kind of chance for this month, will just see how we go!

cath83 Things are sounding very promising! Good luck, can't wait till it's testing time, so exciting.

Hi to everyone else, hope everyone is going well. Is anyone testing soon? Hoping we get some lovely BFP's in here soon.

All is good here. After all the stressing out, I officially ovulated on day 17 anyway LOL. So at least that gave us a better chance to get some BD in at the right time. Tomorrow will be 3DPO haha, time is going so slow wwhistle.gif Hopfully there's some more chatter and BFP's in here to make the TWW go a bit faster. Good luck to all those TTC xx

#23 cbmum

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

Hi Valhalla and peaches biggrin.gif nice to have the oldgang back. There are lots of newbies and I'm finding it difficult to track everyone. Is there a trick to it? I think I must be a bit silly. blink.gif
Valhalla your Christmas sounds wonderful. I'll be watching for an update regarding your appt and hope that your timing with dh will work out for you. It's a tough business isn't it considering we spend most of our lives avoiding pregnancy!! Had some time off which was lovely, start back tomorrow which is tough after living like a queen for two weeks happy.gif now I need to go back to try and pay the credit card off sad.gif nice to have you back xx
Peaches- yay! Those bloody opk's worked. Me I'm still trying to work out what the hell is going on biggrin.gif so hope your little eggy catches on. So exciting to be in the hunt. Now for the longest wait ever......
Cath83 sounds all very exciting and positive tthumbs.gif I hope you have some exciting news to share with us all soon.
Luvmy3- hope you're hanging in there. I imagine you're feeling pretty down at the moment ddown.gif we are here to help you along your journey so feel free to vent hhugs.gif
AFM I'm not sure what's going on with my cycle we didn't end up dtd till day 13 so not sure whether I missed the boat or not. Might have to get on the opk band wagon smile1.gif my AF is due 23rd so we'll see how we go. I really hope someone has some Bfp happiness soon so we can all share it together
Nigh nigh ssleep.gif

#24 3'sACharm

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

Hi everyone, how are we all?? I'm here to do personals  biggrin.gif

~Peaches~ I have my fingers crossed for you that this month is your month!!

valhalla007 Don't be sorry! We are gonna start trying after my period on the 15th/16th ( ohmy.gif I just checked...that is 5/6 days away...OMG i'm 2 weeks off ttc  ohmy.gif )

Luvmy3 How are you?

cbmum Fingers crossed for you too!!

Hello and how are you to everyone else? As cbmum said there is so many newbies it's hard to keep track, i'm so sorry if I miss out on giving you a personal.

AFM- Now under the realisation that ttc will start in 2 weeks i'm kinda freaking out...and I won't dare tell DH cause he will freak out more and put ttc off till next month! Since taking my preconception tablets my ovulation has been smoother, smoother in the sense that once upon a time I could tell by the cramping and things that ovulation was happening and now there is nothing!! I'm gonna buy some OPK's but i'm still only new to them and don't feel confident in using them. I guess i'm just gonna have to learn quick smart!

I think that is all I want to say....oh I brought some itti's today....can't wait to try cloth...this will be my first baby in cloth as my other 2 were in disposables from birth to TT.

Ohhh i'm getting a little nervous and scared thinking about this..what the hell am I getting myself into  unsure.gif

#25 ~Peaches~

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

Evening girls waves.gif

cbmum
Hi Valhalla and peaches  biggrin.gif  nice to have the old gang back.
That it is! I was wondering where everyone had got to hehe. Was going to ask where 3'sACharm is, then see she's popped in too, woohoo! Nice to have the 'gang' back laughing2.gif
Ohhh I so hope you managed to dtd right around O time! Will be hanging out to see your result, so hoping it's a lovely bfp coming your way. Looks like we'll be testing around the same time, my AF should be due around the 21st/22nd, but I have no doubt I'll test before then lol.
Are you going to test early, or are you strong enough to wait to see if AF arrives or not?
And hahaha, longest wait ever alright, time is certainly going so slowly wwhistle.gif

3'sACharm Lovely to see a post from you too biggrin.gif
Only natural to be nervous, I was just thinking today "Oh it's probably not our month..I won't get my hopes up..oh well we'll just have to keep trying"..then the next minute "OMG there could totally be a baby in my tummy right now?! huh.gif Now I'm scared!" rolleyes.gif laughing2.gif It certainly bring up lots of emotions this TTC journey! I am SO excited it's not long at all till you start, hoping so much it's a super quick journey for you.
Hope the OPK's work perfectly for you, I obviously always swear by them lol, and even though I was freaking out this month and wasn't sure what was going on, I should've just trusted my OPK's as if it wasn't for them I might've missed my ACTUAL O date! They've always helped me so much, so I really really hope they help you too and you can catch that little eggy! Good luck, let us know how you go with them!
Thanks for the luck for this cycle too, I'll take as much as I can wub.gif

Luvmy3 I've been thinking of you too, hope you're going ok hhugs.gif

Big hi to everyone else, hope everyone is well.

AFM: All is well here, just plodding along and willing time to hurry up just a liiiiittle bit more happy.gif . 4dpo tomorrow and counting hehe, flitting between feeling positive that it could happen quickly, then feeling like we're not in with a chance at all and it could take ages..the first month TTC always makes me crazy, then after that you get used to all the emotions and obsessing and dissapointment and learn to just take it as it comes. I thought having two busy toddlers would take my mind off it a bit more this time..but nup laughing2.gif Happy to be back on the TTC wagon though, especially as I'm so clucky and surrounded by pregnant friends and so want to join them happy.gif Speaking of clucky, I'm off to watch One Born Every Minute hheart.gif
Hope everyone has had a good week xx

Edited by ~Peaches~, 10 January 2013 - 08:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Life with anxiety

At times, I feel pretty worthless. In those moments, all I want to do is curl up into a ball and hide in the dark. I can try to quiet my mind, but it won?t shut up.

IVF leaves woman pregnant with another couple's twins

An Italian woman has been told the twins she is three months pregnant with are not hers.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

What you need for the 'fourth trimester'

In my opinion, the first three months after the birth are the most intense. Here's what got me through that time after welcoming my baby.

Weaning a toddler off a dummy: a 15-day plan

Weaning your child off the dummy can be a traumatic experience for both of you. Here are some tips to help you through.

Choosing to be a solo parent

Two women share their stories of longing for a baby so much that they each decided not to wait for a partner before becoming a mum.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Mum's heartbreak as son dies in road accident

Daly Thomas and her two young sons were walking home from church on Tuesday afternoon. Her youngest son never made it.

New Kate Spade baby bag designs

Don?t adjust your screen: this bright beauty is coming to you in full colour.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.