Due In Sept 2013 Chat Thread
Hello!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
250 replies to this topic

#1 Lissome

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

Well I thought I'd start our group off with a hello! I've been itching for this group to be opened.

I'm 28, expecting my first baby on the 1st of September! Very very excited, got my BFP just after christmas, and am roughly 5wk 3 days. No real symptoms yet apart from sore boobs!

Bit nervous about everything, doesn't really feel real yet. Went to the hospital today to book in and put my name down for the midwifes group, and it kind of hit me! There were preg bellies everywhere and it was quite overwhelming.

Look forward to meeting more september ladies!

Mini x

#2 Cranky Kitten

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

Hi Mini!

I've been waiting for this one to open too original.gif

This will be my third baby, got 5 bfps (ha, had to make sure!) on NYE which scotched my drinking plans for the evening. I'm still bf-ing my 14 month old which is making the sensitive boobs a bit interesting.

I have a doctor's appointment this morning for confirmation and to book in, I'm planning shared care with a gp at a private hospital unless I'm miraculously eligible for the family birth centre.

#3 Lissome

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

Hi CK,

Congrats! I'm glad someone is here with me!

5bfp hey? I've done about the same! I've been panicking because I thought the line was getting lighter, but I was looking at the wrong line! Lol. The control line has been getting lighter, and the test line is really dark.

Good luck at the docs this morning, I thought about shared care with my GP but I haven't been going to the clinic long and they are a bit disorganised so I'm trying my luck with the midwife group thing they run at my local hospital.

Mini

#4 Lyn86

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

Hi girls!
Got a positive last night, dates put me due at 6th September.
Have a gorgeous 13month old who I am currently trying to wean...
Bit nervous, didn't quite plan on then being this close and wondering how to work cots/change tables/carseats.
Am still really excited but!

#5 *~Luvmy3~*

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

Hi ladies! I got a BFP new years eve too and am having a blood test this morning and getting results later today to confirm everything as its DP's 30th birthday on sunday and he doesnt know yet so i want to surprise him!

#6 Claire48

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

Hi all,

I also had a BFP on the day AF was due (28/12) and another today.  If all goes well (fingers crossed) my due date is 7th Sept.  

The first test I took was ClearBlue Digital and it showed '1 - 2 weeks pregnant' on the 28th.  The one from today showed '2 - 3 weeks pregnant' so my hcg levels are increasing nicely original.gif

I am still breastfeeding 14 month old DS.

I'm trying not to get to excited though, as we only started TTC no 2 in December so it seems almost to easy, like a bad omen ph34r.gif

Good luck to everyone!

#7 Lissome

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

Hi Lyn and luvmy3 and claire!

Congrats!

Claire - I know what you mean about trying not to get too excited, I'm so nervous about it all! We've been kind of trying for over a year now, so I'm really hoping this is it!

Luvmy3 - what an amazing birthday pressie for you DP! I don't know how you are keeping it secret from him though! I blurted it out straight away.

Lyn - congrats! That sounds like a great age gap for two little ones.

Fingers crossed for all of us x

#8 amz1987

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

Morning Ladies!

I got a BFP NYE as well! And also been waiting for this group to open up!!

This will be baby number 2 for me, how ever my first bub was still born. Im completely paranoid already! Im due about the 11th of September. I have a doctors appointment on Monday for bloods to confirm!

Looking forward to getting to know you all

original.gif

Amy

#9 gmc88

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

Yay I have been waiting for this also!
I am 28, 1st baby and EDD is 7th September!!!
As for the HPT I did two then went to my doc. Got 2nd lot of levels back yest which have more than doubled, very exciting!!!
I have had a lot of signs with my ligaments, excessive saliva and a bit nauseated!!!!
Looking forward to getting to know you ladies more biggrin.gif
Mrs GMC

#10 Lyn86

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

Congrats to everyone and here's to an uneventful 9months. I had two miscarriages before conceiving my daughter so am just taking it slowly. Still want to tell everyone already but;)
Amz1987- fingers crossed for your rainbow baby and a smooth pregnancy/birth.

#11 Claire48

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE (gmc88 @ 03/01/2013, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yay I have been waiting for this also!
I am 28, 1st baby and EDD is 7th September!!!
As for the HPT I did two then went to my doc. Got 2nd lot of levels back yest which have more than doubled, very exciting!!!
I have had a lot of signs with my ligaments, excessive saliva and a bit nauseated!!!!
Looking forward to getting to know you ladies more biggrin.gif
Mrs GMC

Awesome, we are due the same day biggrin.gif

#12 *~Luvmy3~*

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

Claire48 i too only started TTC in december so didnt expect it especially when we stopped BD'ing on the 16th and i didnt get a +ve OPK til the 21st!

I would say im due around the 12-15th, we attempted to gender sway for a girl and if my test today confirms pregnancy i can see it a high possibility but we wont be finding out and i already have my names chosen... prepared much roll2.gif

#13 ~Bells~

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

Hello and congratulations to all on your pregnancies!

I’ve been hanging out since Christmas Day for this group to open (best present ever!). My DH and have been TTC since our wedding in 2011 and had a MC at 7.5 weeks in June, so we are excited but very cautious at this early stage.

I am roughly 5w4days. My dates (according to the EB due date calendar) have bub due 1 September but my doctor might come up with something different. I can’t see him until next week, assuming I can get an appointment as his practice is currently closed for the holiday period.

No MS at this stage, just tender breasts and utter exhaustion. My hair seems to have thickened up a bit, which is very welcome!

Look forward to sharing this journey with you all.

#14 kmdoll

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

Hi everyone! I got a BFP on the 30th but my doctors has been closed most of this week, so I'll be getting a blood test on Monday. Sadly my regular doctor is away till the end of the month, and she knows my history with my previous MC back in June, so I hope this guy is understanding if I press for more blood tests or scans.
If EB calculator is correct I'm around 4w6d today, and due Sept 6. My MC was just before 6 weeks, so I'll be happy when I get past that point with no problems. I'm nervous, but at the same time I'm excited and trying to keep positive.
At the moment no real signs other than needing to pee all the time, and the occasional cramping.

Looking forward to getting to know you all. original.gif

#15 ~A2~

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

Hi girls

Welcome to the DIG section, I hope you don't mind but I have changed the title of this thread to a chat thread so that members who need this group will see it on the posting list etc and find you all.

Hope you had an amazing Christmas and New Year.  Thankyou to those girls too that PM"d me asking for this group, sorry I was a little slow, offline and then had to get Admin to open it for me (Thanks Therese).

Please take a second to read the Guidelines for this section and feel free to start new threads etc on issues/topics you wish to discuss.

I will start a new chat thread at about 100 posts.

Regards and congratulations.

Ali

#16 cassidysmummy

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

Hi everyone!!!

I can join now too!! Got my  BFP.gif on 4 tests this morning LOL
2 IC and 2 Clear blue digitals that say 1-2 original.gif Going by dates i would be due the 11th Sep original.gif

Long time coming as DD is now 7, but got very over weight and stopped having periods.... Lost weight via lapband and first month TTC BAM original.gif

Have a doc app this arvo and cant wait!!!!

Cant wait to spend the next 8 months with you all original.gif

#17 bobet

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

Congratulations to everyone so far.

I've had 2 x BFP's (1 x IC & 1 x First Response) so far and am going to the doctors tomorrow for blood tests. I am only 1 day late so not sure if I'm going to the doctor too soon, but there are only 2 obs who service the private hospital in my town and they book out so quickly so trying to get onto it.

I am VERY new to the world of forums and blogs, so you might have to help me out from time to time.

It just awesome to be excited and chat about things with some anonymity, my DH and I would like to keep the pregnancy to ourselves for as long as we can.

best of luck to everyone!!

#18 Cranky Kitten

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

Well back from the doctors and boy did the path lady let the cat out of the bag! Had to take DD and DS with me, she asked an offhand question in front of DD and the little rascal was onto it straight away. Oh well, at almost 11 she's old enough to understand and deal with it if things don't go according to plan, the only trouble is she's a blabbermouth and will tell everyone Tounge1.gif

I've got a referral for an early scan to check my dates as my cycle was a bit wonky because of bf-ing, how on earth am I going to wait 3 weeks until it's worth having it done?

#19 gmc88

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

Lol it's secret squirrel at this stage isn't it!!! I think the worst part about finding out so early is definitely the long wait to see that precious little heart beat. The 17th really can't come soon enough for me!!!

#20 Sparkley

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

Hello all and congrats on your BFPs BFP.gif ! I got mine this morning, biggrin.gif two days before af due. Hubby is away at the moment so haven't been able to tell him and its killing me!!! Hoping I can call him later otherwise I will see him tomorrow evening. Looking forward to getting to know you all. Likely due date is 11/09. I have only taken one test as that is all I have in. Am dying to take another! Got a gp appt booked for tomorrow afternoon. Was so sure I wasn't pregnant this month as have had no symptoms this time round. Last time I had seriously sore boobs practically from conception!  This was our second month ttc though we probably tried a bit more this month than last so it has paid off! With DS1 I conceived first month and it was a bit unexpected. Fxd all goes well this time round. I forgot how worrying these first few weeks are till you get to have the first scan. And till you get to find out if its twins or not! They run in my family so you never know!

#21 Sparkley

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

cranky kitten, my cycles have been all over the shop too ever since I got them back. Should I ask my gp for one too? How early can they see? I will be going private and the OB usually books you in for first appt at10 weeks, could I get a scan somewhere earlier than that? Or can they tell approximate dates from blood tests?

#22 *Natski82*

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

Well I am joining in as I got a faint BFP yesterday and today it has gotten darker, still faint but there. I have not had a period return since miscarrying and having a tube removal of twins in November so this is a nice suprise. I had a BHCG done on the 5/12/12 to confirm my HCG was less than 1 so its definitly a new pregnancy!

Sore boobs and the runs is pretty much my standard symptoms. Looking forward to getting to know you all original.gif

#23 *~Luvmy3~*

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

I feel shattered   cry1.gif

Just got my blood test result from the Dr and its negative.... how can this be?! I have had +ve hpts!

#24 gmc88

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

Lovemy3 did they actually give you a level to go by?
I am so sorry, have they asked for you to do a repeat test in 48 hours? ssorry.gif

#25 Claire48

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (*~Luvmy3~* @ 03/01/2013, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel shattered   cry1.gif

Just got my blood test result from the Dr and its negative.... how can this be?! I have had +ve hpts!

Hi Luvmy3, very sorry to hear your news, I hope the Dr comes up with answers as to what has happened.  sad.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

A mum's tragic battle against inflammatory breast cancer

At just 37 years of age, with two young sons, Vicki was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. Now her family wants all women to know the symptoms.

The business of babies around the world

Pregnancy and birth is an intriguing process no matter where you are in the world. One soon-to-be father gleans wisdom from a new guide.

Finding a positive path through IVF

It’s not surprising that IVF is often seen as a negative journey towards the ultimate positive, but having a glass-half-full approach can make a big difference to the experience.

Giving strangers the gift of parenthood

A mum explains why she and her husband are choosing to gift their leftover embryos to help strangers achieve their dream of parenthood.

Does morning sickness get better or worse with each child?

Just as every baby is unique, so is every pregnancy. And that means morning sickness can vary a lot, too.

What's so wrong with looking 'mumsy', anyway?

Why is it that the word ‘mumsy’ has connotations of such a negative nature – but seems to be the only other option apart from ‘yummy’?

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

Student shocked by surprise baby

Kate Hudson, 22, was on a dream European holiday with friends. She didn't realise she was about to become a mum.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.