MCN with Velcro tabs

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Dylan's Mummy

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

I'm just wondering if anyone has used the MCN with velcro tabs. Are they any good. I'm thinking of getting some because my bub doesn't stay still much during nappy changes these days, he rolls over and tries to crawl off and I thought that velcro tabs would be quicker than the ones I am using now.

Thanks.

Edited by Dylan's Mummy, 02 January 2013 - 04:58 PM.

#2 meemee75

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

I've been using Greenkids which are velcro for 21months on DS.

I prefer velcro for ease of use and speed  .DP prefers velcro too, he  struggles getting a good fit with snaps on DS ( I'm ok with snaps)
IMO velcro is easier to use but nappies with snaps don't wear as much and look newer for longer although I use my nappies until they die anyway so it doesn't bother me

The velcro all starts to look a bit tired after a while ( months or years mostly not too quick). You also need to make sure they are folded back onto the laundry tabs for the wash so they don't grab other nappies & covers etc.

#3 Dylan's Mummy

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

Thanks for that information.  Quick and easy is what I am looking for right now, I didn't think of the fact that my husband may actually use them if they are velco, he refuses to use the MCN, he doesn't like them.

#4 Rachiee

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

Ones & Two's are awesome.

They have velcro tabs and are multi sized and can be snapped down to make them smaller or larger. They are also a great price especially if you buy their get into cloth kit.

I prefer itti bitti but o&t are a great going out nappy because they are so easy to use.

#5 Guest_AllegraM_*

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

I like them. DH has sausage fingers so refers them also. DS went through a brief phase of undoing his velcro nappies but this has passed.

My velcro ones are Swaddlebees, Grovia and Happy Heinys. So far no wear problems at all.

#6 ~Panda~

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

I use the Bumgenius Velcro tabs MCNs. They are awesome. Love them!

#7 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

Baby Beehinds do a Velcro one as well.

#8 Ingrid the Swan

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Depends.

We have Tots Bots with velcro and they are  the best nappies we own for DD.

We also have Pikapus with velcro and the velcro has been mangled to the point that it won't stick - they started going that way almost immediately and no amount of cleaning the velcro helps.

#9 my2earthangels

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

After 4 years of constant use I have just changed my 15 bumGenius velcros and Elastics.... Best thing ever!

#10 Jenflea

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

I use BabyBeehinds with Velcro and they've lasted more than 2 years so far without the Velcro wearing out.
My daughter's never undone her nappies thank god! It was my worry with Velcro ones but it's never been an issue.

And if you don't have disposables around for your husband, he HAS to use MCN's original.gif Hide them where he can't find them lol.

#11 raindotdot

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

We have Bumgenius and Thirsties in velcro. They are the only MCNs that DH and grandparents can use properly (as in, they never adjust the snaps tight enough for some odd reason).

18 months on and the velcro are still in good condition (and I rarely stick the tabs back before they go in the wash). DS has never tried to remove it himself either.

Also, I have a selection of small toys, books and knick knacks that DS can occupy himself with while I'm changing him. He doesn't roll around and stays fairly still for me.

#12 ubermum

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

I have a couple of velcro. They are fine for speed of use, but not so fine when you are in the kitchen and hear that tell tale velcro sound from the bedroom. Worse is when you don't hear it and you find child, nappy and poo in a cot, each in a different corner.

I don't find snaps take longer.

#13 Kay1

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

I have Bumgenius. I have the snap ones and velcro ones. LOVE them but the velcro ones are particularly awesome because you don't have to stuff them.

#14 Dylan's Mummy

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

Thanks for these replies. I have some research to do now.  

Raindotdot, I have some things to amuse himself with while on the change table but it doesn't always work, he just rolls over with them in his hands. He doesn't say still very long ever.  

I have some success by doing up the snap nappies and then putting them on him like pants, just have to make sure he's pointing downwards after I've put them on.

#15 Feefifofum

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (Dabri @ 03/01/2013, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Depends.

We have Tots Bots with velcro and they are  the best nappies we own for DD.

We also have Pikapus with velcro and the velcro has been mangled to the point that it won't stick - they started going that way almost immediately and no amount of cleaning the velcro helps.

This. Though I can't say my Pikapu velcro is mangled, they come unstuck in the wash and snag on each other. I still like these nappies.

My bub also went through a phase of opening her velcro nappies. She seems to have stopped, but I still like to put pants on over velcro nappies, whereas snap ones can be worn by themselves (I reckon they look neater too). I go through phases of liking velcro better than snap and vice versa, so I'm glad to have both in my stash.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Life with anxiety

At times, I feel pretty worthless. In those moments, all I want to do is curl up into a ball and hide in the dark. I can try to quiet my mind, but it won?t shut up.

IVF leaves woman pregnant with another couple's twins

An Italian woman has been told the twins she is three months pregnant with are not hers.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

What you need for the 'fourth trimester'

In my opinion, the first three months after the birth are the most intense. Here's what got me through that time after welcoming my baby.

Weaning a toddler off a dummy: a 15-day plan

Weaning your child off the dummy can be a traumatic experience for both of you. Here are some tips to help you through.

Choosing to be a solo parent

Two women share their stories of longing for a baby so much that they each decided not to wait for a partner before becoming a mum.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Mum's heartbreak as son dies in road accident

Daly Thomas and her two young sons were walking home from church on Tuesday afternoon. Her youngest son never made it.

New Kate Spade baby bag designs

Don?t adjust your screen: this bright beauty is coming to you in full colour.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.