Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

New thread time!

Link to last thread here

#2 Sallystwo

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

Gold!

#3 Feral Alpacas

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

Silver! Can anyone help me with my MFP question from the previous thread? TIA original.gif

#4 Ange

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

lovealpacas, Are you logging in from your phone app or pc? The community tab only comes up when you go to their main webpage, so perhaps go to myfitnesspal.com via safari/internet. You can then go to find members and then enter their username. Much easier to do on the PC original.gif

#5 MsDemeanor

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

Hi there I am going to endeavour to post more here. Are we going to post here mostly or in the EB group on MFP? I have a few friends who have added me original.gif

#6 tibs

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

Hi all, hope everyone is still traveling well. I,m on to day 2, so far going ok with no headaches which I sometimes get at the start of diets.  I think if I can make it until school starts things might get easier with routine, time to exercise etc. Holidays are a little chaotic here!

#7 NunSoFeral

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

Going to try and figure out MFP later this evening.
Have dropped two kilo's in four days - all fluid I'm sure.

Am drinking 2 litres of water daily, have cut out simple carbs/sugars and am doing the 1 min run, 4 minute walk routine for 1/2 hour every second day.

Also started taking multivitamin for iron and vit b4 and a few tablespoons of flax seed.
Have swapped dinner for lunch and am eating evening meal earlier.
Feeling pretty good - considering there is 2 kilo's of dark lindt choc in the fridge and heaps of yummy cheeses.
Everytime I go to stuff something in my cakehole, I look at the toughmudder entry and seafolly ad  I have stuck on the fridge.

#8 matt1972

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

For anyone interested;

This is the year long challenge http://www.endomondo.com/challenges/7973134

It is open to all sports and anyone who would like to join. You can record calories burnt automatically through the smart phone app or log them manually by inputting the type of exercise and the amount of time doing it.

Endomondo can also be linked to MFP and data transfers automatically.

This is the monthly challenge;
http://www.endomondo.com/challenges/7973305

#9 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

Start weight:  63kg
Current: 59kg
Goal:  55

Strategy:  the 12 week body transformation.  1hr exercise 6 days/week plus low-cal meal plans along with weight-loss psychology.

Pretty happy with it so far, but I've struggled with it the past 2 days, I think largely due to my routine being out of whack and boredom.

#10 Lazycow

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Wow it's great to see so many people.

Well today is my official start day (yesterday was my last blow out, as NYD is a big family dinner).

So far so good, I managed to have breakfast which is a really big deal as I HATE eating breakfast original.gif

Oh and I'm lazycow2013 on MFP  please add me, thanks  original.gif

#11 caitiri

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Finally managed the motivation today to get back on the exercise bike I always find the first day the worse.  

I also hate breakfast lazycow,  I find it easier to stomach if its real food like leftover dinner or something hot like an egg or porridge.  I've also started having breakfast puddings made of flaxseed meal, egg and water with berries and a tiny bit of maple syrup to sweeten.

#12 ChunkyChook

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

I'm not eating enough. But I prefer not to eat than to eat the wrong things.

I should go edit the list and add it to this thread.

MsDemeanor I am going to post in here because it's where we all are IYKWIM

#13 RogerRabbit

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

Just went through the last couple of this thread and the last one, and sent a couple of invites on mfp, my name on there is Kazzahoges if I missed anyone.

I am actually surprised how well I am doing that I have also cut down on the caffine, went to go and have a cup of tea this arvo and relised it was more from habit than wanting one.

What does everyone put 30DS under?

#14 ChunkyChook

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

NEW LIST!! Please let me know if there are any mistakes. I am putting peoples overall goals instead of mini goals as it is a New year, New me thread. I would love love love for us all to keep soldiering on through the year together.

aimee28 CW 88 GW 65 MFP AimeeEvs
ALEJA CW 85 GW 75
amandaw72 CW 87.6 GW 59
Ange CW 68 GW 62 MFP - Lns25
aphrael CW 75 GW 68
Awkward Penguin CW 85 GW 65
bikingbubs CW 85 GW 75
broncosbabe CW 73 GW 62
Burro CW 71 GW 63
Caitiri CW 97 GW 90
CallMeAliG CW 61 GW 55
Ceeshell CW 61 GW 55 MFP - ceeshelley
CF mummy GW 80
ChunkyChook CW 73.5 GW 59.9 MFP - kodi1982
clover CW 82 GW 60
CupOfCoffee GW 70 MFP starbellied
Duffy29 CW 59 GW 55
Elemenoppe CW 94 GW 75
emma_jean CW 66.8 GW 56 MFP - emmajeanious
eyesabove CW 84.9 GW 65
fruitbat CW 72 GW 63
Gettheetoanunnery CW 72 GW 60
gina70 CW 63 GW 60
imamumto3 SW 58.6 GW 52
JellyBlush CW 71.5 GW 65
Jimmy Moon CW 78.7 GW 60
Jules83 CW 75 GW 68
Kathryn74 CW 64 GW 59.9 MFP - Kedbrooke
lovealpacas CW 91 GW 80 MFP Bdot1977
lazycow CW 77 GW 65 MFP lazycow2013
lewis CW 63 GW 61.5 MFP - lewis350
Madam Plum SW 76 GW 67
MagsJee CW 72.7 GW 60
mamatocarysbaileigh CW 67.8 GW 62
mintie CW 64.7 GW 58
missfrizzle CW 91 GW 70 MFP missfrizzle
MrsShine CW 76.1 GW 65
MsDemeanor CW 101.4
mumtojanda SW 61.8 GW 57
mypigeonpair01 CW 86 GW 70
Myprincesses CW 73 GW 65
nezy_ezy CW 78.8 GW 65 MFP - nezy_ezy
Oddsox CW 73.9 GW 65 MFP Oddsox
OneBlueStar CW 74.7 GW 57
OnTheJourney CW 64.5 GW 55
Peridot CW 100.9 GW 59
poppypossum CW 102 GW 65 MFP saynotochoclate
rach2012 CW 115 GW 95
Rangeman CW 80 GW 65
RogerRabbit CW 68 GW 60s MFP - kazzahoges
Sallytwo CW 63.5 GW 59
SeaPrincess CW 63.9 GW 55 MFP - Speckle38
Stellabella1980 CW 94.6 GW 70 MFP - Stellabella1980
ThreeLittleLambs CW 89 GW 68
thunda CW 125 GW 70
tibs CW 95.2 GW 69 MFP tibs2013
trishalishous CW 116 GW 85

If anyone has any ideas on how we should structure the list please let me know. Also it would help me massively if people posted SW, CW, GW and WLTD when they weigh in so I can update effectively and dont screw it up.

Edited by ChunkyChook, 03 January 2013 - 07:40 AM.

#15 tibs

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Hi  can you add  me to the list please?

tibs. CW 95.2 GW 69 MFP tibs2013

#16 Feral Alpacas

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Thanks so much CC for updating the list. I have sent out MFP friend requests for everyone, I am Bdot1977 on there.

Been pretty good today. Haven't been snacking and did a few hours of housework. We're having pasta and salad for dinner, so hopefully I can behave myself. We also have FIL and his partner staying, so can't very well pig out on ice cream for a couple of nights.

#17 emma_jean

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

List looks great, thanks CC. original.gif I had a work trial in a cafe for a few hours today - feet are aching lol! and didn't really have much time to eat. Should be a great day for calories - maybe I should get pizza!

#18 ChunkyChook

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

I have just discovered Yonanas, does anyone have one? They look awesome. I could eat desert for breaky!!

OneBlueStar - I have taken before photos, they make me sad sad.gif I will be taking photos of my weight loss in gravel though lol I might post them in here.

lovealpacas - where are you off to in Thailand? I was originally going to Koh Samui but now I'm going to Phuket.

Edited by ChunkyChook, 02 January 2013 - 06:30 PM.

#19 Feral Alpacas

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

CC we will be in Phuket from the 15th to 28th of February, can't wait! Haven't organised accommodation yet, but will be near the main drag on the beach, as per usual. I've been twice before so let me know if you want any tips original.gif . Last time we went to Koh Samui as well, it's quite nice.

#20 FeralAndIKnowIt

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

Wow, so many of us!

My weigh in this morning was 88kg, I also had a last blowout yesterday, friends over for dinner.

Started off New Year, New Me with new haircut and colour today so feeling much fresher and lighter! Have eaten really well today and have just done 60 mins on the treadmill - 6km and burnt over 600 calories on my HRM.

#21 mama2carysbaileigh

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

Can't believe how fast this thread is moving.  Finding it great to go on MFP and get ideas of what to eat!

#22 ChunkyChook

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

lovealpacas I am travelling alone which I have never done before so I am a bit scared. Staying the first night in Bangkok and then down to Karon for the rest. I have never been to Thailand before! I should be right though, I hope.

aimee thats what I need! And an eyebrow wax.

#23 Feral Alpacas

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

Karon is meant to be nice CC, a bit quieter than Patong Beach where we stay. We like being near the restaurants, massages and bars. Something you should do is go on a canoe trip of caves. We went on one on our first trip over and it was great.

#24 missfrizzle

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

Can you add me to the list please?
missfrizzle sw 91 .gw 70
MFP missfrizzle Thanks.
I will be mostly posting on here. We are going away on Saturday and I won't have my laptop and I can't seem to find the group when I log in from my tablet.
Hope you all have a great weekend.

#25 Sallystwo

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:22 AM

Its so good to see so many people on board.  This is the most focused I have been for a long while original.gif.  Just back from my morning walk, meals and snacks are all planned for today.  Water is intake has been ok, think i need to carry a water bottle aroudn with me to increase this (especially with the heatwave heading our way!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Video: 10-week-old baby sounds like she says 'I love you'

It’s mixed in amongst garbled baby talk, but this 10-week-old's apparent attempt at telling her parents that she loves them has made her an internet star.

I only enjoyed pregnancy after booking my caesarean

To say I became obsessed is something of an understatement. Everywhere I went I found cause to be reminded of my impending pain.

When your bundle doesn't bring immediate joy

One mum says joy is very a personal feeling and expecting all new mums to feel it in the months after their baby born may do more harm than good.

Lessons learned from my toddler

Blogger Kiran Chug explains why she is going to let her toddler make more decisions for himself.

Family welcomes first baby girl in more than 100 years

The Silverton family has heard the phrase "it's a girl" for the first time in four generations.

When a community of kindness steps in

In future when someone I care for, or even someone I barely know, is experiencing a difficult time, I will not overthink it. I'll follow my heart.

Mum in Business: Jac Bowie

Jac Bowie is the founder of Business in Heels, one of the fastest growing women’s networking events in Australia. She shares her story, including how she juggles work with a young family, and ways to work smarter.

What not to say to a mum of twins

Being a mum of identical twin boys stirs up great interest and fascination. It also opens itself up to nosy, invasive questions, as well as huge assumptions.

The mums suing over unplanned babies

A mother-of-five who calls her two youngest sons "miracle babies" is just one of many mums seeking financial compensation for their children's unplanned conceptions.

Video: Dad sings 'Hallelujah' to his daughter every year

It's a gorgeous song to begin with, but this dad's version of Hallelujah, sung for his young daughter, is especially touching.

Constipation in babies when starting solids

While starting solids can be frustrating and messy (yet also fun!), introducing solids can also play havoc on tiny digestive systems.

Parents reunited with baby snatched from hospital

A mother whose newborn baby was snatched from hospital has spoken of her joy and relief at getting her daughter back.

In defence of the bumpie

Are bumpies - bump selfies - really "exhibitionism of the weirdest kind"?

Life on the other side of the fence: Why I'm child-free and quite content

Acknowledging that motherhood isn't a bed of roses – to begrudge lack of time, sleep, money and spontaneity – is sacrilegious and a no-no, especially by mother superior-types.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less your best pregnancy or parenting tip - you'll go in the draw to win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Losing yourself to motherhood

While watching your baby grow into a unique little person is exciting and wondrous, the intensity of meeting everyone else?s needs can ever so sneakily overtake your own needs for self-care.

Vote for a chance to win $5000

The first ever Essential Baby Awards, celebrating the best in baby products. We?re inviting you to have your say. Simply vote for your favourite products to win a $5000 VISA debit card.

Tearing during delivery: the facts

Almost all women will experience bruising, grazing or tearing after a vaginal birth. Depending on the degree of tearing, there are various treatments available.

6 tips for a day out with a baby and toddler

Outings can be lots of fun with the kids, but there are inevitable challenges. Here's some information about days out to help you be a little more prepared.

Why I invited a dozen people to watch my son's birth

I sent invitations on burgundy scrapbooking paper stamped with a field of poppies, and told each person why I wanted him or her there. I warned that there would be nudity.

Getting labour started: tips for a natural induction

When your baby?s due date comes and goes without so much as a pop - let alone a bang - it can be disheartening. Mums and a doula share their stories of natural inductions.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

That's my boy: a dad's diary of the first 4 months

Unbearable anxiety, unspeakable joy, constant exhaustion and bouts of frustration ... The many shocks of first-time fatherhood resound in a dad's diary of his son's early months.

One of the most important things a new mum can do

Finances may not be as cute as a newborn, but with many women?s working arrangements changing post-baby, monetary matters need attention too.

Baby news for Isla and Sacha

Congratulations are in order for Aussie actress Isla Fisher and her husband, Sacha Baron Cohen.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Vote to win

What are your favourite baby products?

The first ever Essential Baby Awards, celebrating the best in baby products. We?re inviting you to have your say. Simply vote for your favourite products to win a $5000 VISA debit card.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.