Help with third childs name...
Suggestions please

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 lozramo

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

Hi,

I have 8 weeks until bub #3 is due and we are yet to decide (agree) on anything.
We decided not to find out this time..
We have two other children and their names are:
Ava Ruby &
Oliver Will.

Some names on out list include:

Girls:
Lucy Stella
Lucy Matilda
Stella Lucy (I prefer Stella or Lucy)
Stella Maggie
Matilda Lucy (husbands preferred)

Boys:
Harry (at this stage we both like this for a first name)
but middle name??
Harry Oscar
Harry Archie
Harry Jack
Harry Max

Please help.. as you can see we prefer older styled names so anything else that you think we may like please suggest.

Thanks rolleyes.gif

#2 gemgirl

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

Ava, Oliver and Harry Oscar
Ava, Oliver and Lucy Matilda

#3 gemgirl

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Ava, Oliver and Cassandra also sounds nice

#4 kerilyntaryn

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

I like them in this order

Stella Megan
Stella Pearl
Stella Jade
Stella Lucy
Stella Maggie
Lucinda Megan/Pearl/Jade/Maggie
Lucy Stella
Lucy Matilda
Matilda Lucy

I like them in this order

Harry Jack - prefer Harry Jackson
Harry Max - prefer Harry Maxwell
Harry Oscar - like this best out of your choices
Harry Archie - Harry Archer would be better

Edited by kerilyntaryn, 01 January 2013 - 12:50 PM.

#5 ~shannon~

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

Lovely names!

I like Lucy Matilda and Harry Archie.

#6 la di dah

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

Stella Lucy is l's too close together for me. Lucy Stella would be better.

I like the nickname Tillie but honestly prefer Talia (tahl-ya) or Tallulah to Matilda. Tilda itself I don't hate but I like Tilda Swinton and that's probably why.

Harry is okay (must admit I'd prefer Henry) and it seems like it would work with any of the one syllable middles I like, like Joel, Heath, Miles, Rhys. Jack feels a bit nicknamish to me though.

#7 kerilyntaryn

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

I like the idea of the kids having the same ending sound

#8 Jaffacakes

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

Ava, Oliver and Harry Oscar
Ava, Oliver and Lucy Matilda

This

#9 lozramo

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

thanks everyone

#10 Gudrun

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

Girls:

I think Lucy, Matilda and Maggie all go great with the sibset. I particularly like Lucy.

Combos that work well:

Lucy Matilda
Matilda Lucy
Maggie Matilda

Other names you might consider:

Audrey
Lillian
Eliza

Boys:

Harry goes very nicely with the sibset and is a good name.  Not overjoyed by any of your MN combos.

I suggest:

Harry Felix
Harry Charles

Alternative name:   Samuel Max

My personal picks would be Lucy Matilda and Harry Felix.  But you've got endless goodies that would go.

#11 Ingrid the Swan

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

I like Stella Maggie, then Stella Lucy.

Really really really dislike Matilda and think you have much nicer names on your list.

Would you consider Maggie as a FN?

#12 Bel Rowley

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

I like Stella Maggie or Lucy Matilda for a girl.

Like Gudrun I'm not crazy about any of the potential middle names with Harry. Love the suggestion of Harry Felix.

#13 WithSprinkles

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

Ava, Oliver and Lucy flow together really well. I also love Stella. Matilda is nice but becoming a bit overused in my circles so has lost some of it's shine for me.
Stella Lucy is a good combo..

The middle names you have for Harry either sound a bit nicknamey or I'm not keen on (e.g. Oscar...I know it's a popular name but all I think of is Oscar the Grouch).
I'd avoid William or Charles because of the Royal family connection. Is there a family name you could use? I like middle names to have some sort of meaning..

Middle name suggestions for Lucy:
Jane
Claire
Elizabeth
Olivia
Charlotte

Middle name suggestions for Stella:
Mary
Marie
Kate
Catherine
Charlotte
Elizabeth

Middle name suggestions for Harry:
Thomas
Isaac
Luke

Other names:
Adam
Jacob
Owen
Rhys
Hamish
James

Emily
Penelope
Emma
Eliza
Charlotte
Rose
Eve (though might be a bit too similar to Ava..)
Jessica
Esther

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

How dare anyone accuse a mum of 'milking' a miscarriage

A heartless comment from a stranger shocked the already devastated radio host Em Rusciano.

How breast milk can help relieve your baby's teething pain

Try one mum's simple parenting hack to ease your baby's discomfort.

Top 10 common health myths busted

To help combat the misinformation and spread good health, here are the most common health myths compared to fact.

How to make flying with a toddler more bearable

After almost three years of living in Canada, it was time to pack our bags, bundle up our three children (including our two and a half year old Toddler) and pray to the heavens above, before flying to Aussie Land to see our family and friends.

Breastfeeding may help with caesarean pain, says new study

Breastfeeding after a caesarean section may help manage persistent pain, finds new research on the post-birth experience of new mothers.

Recall notice: fourth cot recalled in less than one month

A recall notice has been issued for yet another cot sold in Australia -the White New Zealand Pine 3-in-1 Baby Sleigh Cot Bed with Drawers.

A baby girl, a baffling disease - and the only way to help her is to hurt her

Every morning, Kevin Federici pulls on a head lamp, sterilises a sewing needle and prepares to prick his baby girl all over her tiny body.

If you make your own baby food you'll love this Instagram account

Tired of making carrot purée? Take a look at this mum's homemade baby food creations.

The unique baby names literally no one is choosing

After a unique baby name for your little one? Here are the monikers no one chose in 2016.

'It's such a boost': mum receives 'thanks for breastfeeding in public' card

It was the boost one mum needed at just the right time.

Sharing makes young children happy - just don't force them

There are many emotional benefits to sharing, but only if it's voluntary.

5 ways to a healthy pregnancy

An easy pregnancy that results in a healthy baby: that's the dream.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.