Bucket List

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Judydoll

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

Do you have a Bucket List?

I have been wanting to get one together for ages but as yet haven't got around to it.  

Perhaps it is because I can't think of lots of things to go on to it or it's just because I achieve things and it isn't until afterwards I realise that "well there's a bucket list moment" without it actually being written down on paper to then cross off.  

Would you care to share some of your ideas to give me a kick start?

ETA:   This is probably one to mark off as I have been wanting to write this post for a while now.

Edited by Judydoll, 30 December 2012 - 10:00 AM.

#2 ChunkyChook

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

I have a million and one things I 'would like to do one day' I will never remember them all at once. I will list a few though.

Great Ocean Road walk
Go to Bali
Go to Thailand
Go out to a proper place and have real yum cha
Sky Dive
Run a half marathon
Holiday in an overwater bungalow
Go horse riding
Go tot he snow
Do a professional cooking class
Get married
Make fresh pasta

Im sure theres a million more!

ETA: Things I have crossed off my bucket list.

Buy a house
Have a child
Get my licence
Swim under a waterfall in Hawaii
Holiday in Darwin and see Litchfield
Road trip around America for 2 months
Make my own sushi
Eat duck
Eat emu

Edited by ChunkyChook, 30 December 2012 - 10:17 AM.

#3 Suz01

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

For me it would be things like:
Learn to surf
Take the kids to the snow
Go scuba diving
Take a photography course
Write a book
Take a Thai cooking class
Go to Ayers rock
Go to tassie
Volunteer time with meals on wheels
Teach the kids to read and write

On the spot that's what I'd have initially

#4 brazen

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

no because it's a phrase which is so american and totally over used and p*sses me off no end LOL

#5 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

Go to Zanzibar during the cinnamon harvest.

#6 Lyra

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

I spent a lot of my 20s doing a lot of crazy stuff and travelling around that I really do feel like I have done most of what I want to do. I really don't have a yearning or a need or a whatever to do something in particular

#7 Froger

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

Go all the way around Australia, camping (real camping in a tent) with all the kids.

Edited by SarahM72, 30 December 2012 - 08:04 PM.

#8 Feral Madam Mim

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

There's very little I want to do before I kick the bucket, the main one is travel Europe, Rome especially. I also want to go to America purely for the Smithsonian, I am a big history buff so am dying to see it.
Egypt for the pyramids also but don't know if I want it enough to ever actually go

#9 newphase

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

Get my nursing degree
Then get a new job
Fix my house up
Take my daughter to Italy
Make love to the man I will grow old with.....that is find the love of my life once and for all...hopefully rolleyes.gif  wacko.gif  ph34r.gif
Go on the Sound of Music tour in Austria lol
Visit to Prague, Ireland and Greece

#10 SeaPrincess

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

Build a snowman.

#11 ♥~Bodhichitta~♥

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

I have heaps too.  Some of mine are:

Pat a tiger
Swim with dolphins
Go to a Melbourne Cup Day Function at a Race Course
Go paragliding
Go in a hot air balloon
Attend an Anzac Day Dawn Service
Learn how to play piano
Be the support person at a birth
Have a white Christmas
See a Cirque de Soleil show
Listen to a talk by the Dalai Lama (in person)
Take tango lessons
Go to a Roger Federer tennis match

original.gif

#12 seayork2002

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

Maybe it is because I am not very adventurous or cannot stick to anything but I try and live my life but doing what I want when I want (well withing reason) and as my passions are food, books, wine/beer/whiskey and travel for me these have been very easy so just do things as I go.

#13 SlinkyMalinki

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

Things I want to do
- Take the kids to Disneyland
- Take a surfing lesson
- Go shoe shopping in New York
- Stay at the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas
- Learn to play guitar properly
- Walk over the top of Q1
- See my favourite band play live
- Finishing my degree

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

A mum's tragic battle against inflammatory breast cancer

At just 37 years of age, with two young sons, Vicki was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. Now her family wants all women to know the symptoms.

The business of babies around the world

Pregnancy and birth is an intriguing process no matter where you are in the world. One soon-to-be father gleans wisdom from a new guide.

Finding a positive path through IVF

It’s not surprising that IVF is often seen as a negative journey towards the ultimate positive, but having a glass-half-full approach can make a big difference to the experience.

Giving strangers the gift of parenthood

A mum explains why she and her husband are choosing to gift their leftover embryos to help strangers achieve their dream of parenthood.

Does morning sickness get better or worse with each child?

Just as every baby is unique, so is every pregnancy. And that means morning sickness can vary a lot, too.

What's so wrong with looking 'mumsy', anyway?

Why is it that the word ‘mumsy’ has connotations of such a negative nature – but seems to be the only other option apart from ‘yummy’?

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

The 'yucky' illness that took over my life

I have a chronic illness nobody likes to discuss, as it involves toilet talk. But it needs to be talked about.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.