Family activity planner/calendar.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ubermum

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a good wall planner to suit a family. I am thinking of somthing like a business wall planner, but one that would have a square for each of our six family members for everyday, and possibly two months on view. Next year is going to be so busy and we really need something in the living area where we can keep track of everyone's committments at a glance. If I can't find anything, I am thinking that I will have to make one on a white board.

#2 claptrap

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

Not a wall planner as such, but these are good:

http://www.kikki-k.com/2013-family-calendar-large

#3 SeaPrincess

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

I used the grid style from Tinyme.com.au this year, and it was good - I liked it better than having columns for each person because the spaces were too small, and I had to double up when more than 1 person had something on at the same time.

Next year I am just going to print each month from my computer calendar, 2 months at a time and updated at the end of each month.  Everything comes out colour coded by person and I only have to type in the term's swimming/karate/ballet/sports one time per term.  I won't have to enter any birthdays because they're already in there.  There's plenty of space for adding to the calendar later, so I think I've finally found an economical way of organising us!

#4 archygrouseferal

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

FWIW this last year I found was a calendar, from Officeworks, I think family calendar.  

It's hard to see the detail in the link, but it is 8 columns wide.  The left hand column has the day and date going down vertically and the other 7 columns are blank, so each day/date has 7 blank squares you can fill in horizontally.  Allocate each family member one column, and you can see at a glance who has things on at the same date.

It is only one month at a time, but I tried an office wall planner and it didn't work for me.  I kept finding the family would all have things on the same day and I'd run out of space!  Having a space for each one of them has been the best so far.

#5 Therese

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

I have the kikki-k one and really like it original.gif It does only have one month at a time on display though so may not be what you are looking for.

#6 gizboo

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

We use the Kikki.K one too.

#7 papilio

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

Another vote for the kikki K calendar. I love it!

#8 Maple Leaf

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

I just picked one up today from the newsagent for $5 (originally $20) that has a space for each family member and looks like the kikki K one, but not quite as nice as no stickers provided.

#9 Flutter Bug

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

I've used the 'Jack & Miss Honey' brand of family planner/calendar for a couple of years. Has one month to a page and 6 columns for 6 family members. I think they also have a week to a page version!

#10 cinnabubble

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

We have just got our third or fourth (can't remember) Kikki K large family calendar. Indispensable.

#11 aidensmum

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

For the last 4 years we've used the same type of diary for $7 from Woolworths.  Its black, spiral bound, A5 size and has a week to a view.  Sits permanently on the high counter in the kitchen.  Loads of room to write stuff and also has calendars, spots for important phone number, business card pockets etc.

#12 allyr

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

another vote for Kikki K. I think this will be my fourth.

#13 scarfie

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

We have just gotten our 5th Kikki K one.  We love it!  There is only one month to a page, but we don't have a problem with that.

With 4 kids and two busy parents we couldn't survive without it.

#14 HubbaBubbaMumma

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (dogged @ 27/12/2012, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not a wall planner as such, but these are good:

http://www.kikki-k.com/2013-family-calendar-large

Another vote for the Kikki-k one. Family of 6 with lots going on, I still have to remind the DH to look at it though rolleyes.gif We couldn't survive with it, I also use the Kikki-k diary too.

#15 Heather11

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (Flutter Bug @ 27/12/2012, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've used the 'Jack & Miss Honey' brand of family planner/calendar for a couple of years. Has one month to a page and 6 columns for 6 family members. I think they also have a week to a page version!

This year I have purchased the week to a page version.

Family Calendar

I have found the Kikki K or similar have too smaller spaces to write our daily activities in.  With a month to a page it doesn't leave enough space to have anymore than one activity for each person on any given day.

#16 Ducky*Fuzz

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

Ours is either from kikki.k or typo and we love it. Even room to plan meals as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly café goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

WIN two Sea-Bands plus $1000

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band Prize Pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos Gift Card!

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.