Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 Minxybug

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:54 AM

Gold and Merry Christmas

#3 BBV

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

Silver! Merry Christmas lovely ladies and babies. Wow next Christmas will be very different, especially for first time mums!

#4 redmum77

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

Bronze! Merry Christmas or happy holidays, which ever is your flavour original.gif

What a lovely day.... I love my kids too much original.gif very sad to see them go to their dads after lunch, but happy that they have him, and an awesome step mum too. Best to share the things you love the most hey? Sill... Anyway, we did a big dinner yesterday, I was very proud of myself! Panadol and strapping and I wasn't too tired or sore! Worth it for Yorkshire puddings and roast chook and veg etc, we even made stuffing! I cooked it seperately though lol. Yummo.

Emalee, sounds like the test was wrong to me, it happens more often than would be nice i think, you sound healthy and like your results are good to me, but I'm no OB! Hopefully you can get retested ASAP.

Off to sit around, exhausted... Cheer to all original.gif

#5 Studybug

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:18 AM

Merry (belated) Christmas ladies!!!!

I hope you all had a wonderful, relaxing day.  Ours was the most relaxing Xmas we've had since it was just DH and I alone in Melbourne for a few XMas'.  

I'll finish this post later, as DS is desperate for a big sandwich apparently wink.gif .

Chat soon xo

#6 5ratbags

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

Hi guys,

My Christmas hasn't been much fun at all having to cook clean and run after everyone yesterday and pack for the holiday.
Now after getting here to the caravan park we have been given the wrong flat and the one we were supposed to have was given to overseas Asian tourists!! Now there is nowhere for my mother to sleep when she gets here and I have to share a room with two other kids!!!
The excuse we have been given was that the booking was done by previous owners and they didnt know. Instant bad rating from me! Wrong person to do it to as someone from the tourism industry, I know what they have done is so damn wrong and unprofessional!
If things don't turn around in the next couple of days I am
Going home on the train!

Didn't see my Ob on Monday but a fill in and I can't figure out why my iron levels were 190! I think it must be written down wrong and won't know for next two weeks. I also have to start twice a week ctgs when I get back due to the gd, so life is going to be busier again!

Hope everybody is having a better time than me.
Take care
Suzanne

#7 Serapod

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

Merry Christmas ladies! Hope your bubbies are behaving themselves!

Now that I am past 30 weeks, I'm noticing bub is getting VERY strong! Making big pointy protrusions when it stretches out and kicks. It's getting very close to being able to wedge under my ribs!

I saw a draft of my work roster for January, and my boss appears to have listened to me, and taken me off the roster! My last day in the store is tentatively Saturday 12th January! I will work part time a bit longer in case I get bored, but I want out of stores so I can finish whenever I want original.gif

On Christmas night, I had a very strong braxton hicks contraction  - I called the midwives and thats what they said it was, that made my whole belly ache all night and all of boxing day! sad.gif Today the ache has resolved though, it was really uncomfortable and made it hard to do anything, luckily my husband is being lovely lately and doing everything I ask for ^^ and his family were lovely over Christmas too. Feels so good to be feeling 'normal'! I know now I am totally taking it for granted previously!

5ratbags that's really shoddy of your accommodation, I hope you get something to compensate you!

#8 LittleSpoon

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

Hope everyone had a good Christmas! We had a big family lunch at our house. I managed not to get too stressed and it all went smoothly. Phew! Now we have a busy couple of weeks catching up with friends and family.

Had an OB appointment today and got my test results which were all good. He did a quick scan and she's currently in breech position. I know I still have heaps of time, but I want to do whatever I can to help her go head-down. Anyone got any recommendations?

Mum and I also went pram shopping today. She bought a Valco Ion for Nanna duties (because it was the only one that was small enough and light enough for her). And she bought us the BJCS! I was very grateful as we wouldn't have been able to afford that on our own. We got the bassinet too. Now I have to decide what to do about a capsule/car seat. I can't decide anymore if its worth getting the capsule that goes onto the pram. We have already bought a 6mo-7yr car seat. So we may as well get a capsule, unless we sell the car seat? Or we could hire a capsule. Argh... I don't know!

Hope you are all well and getting through the Holiday shenanigans in one piece!

Edited by LittleSpoon, 27 December 2012 - 07:34 PM.

#9 BBV

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

LittleSpoon we have the BJCS too, which colour did u get? We are hiring a capsule through the Red Cross.

No advice on breech position. I think from kicks my baby is breech but I haven't had a scan since 20 weeks. I had my checkup today too, GD test all OK, fundal height measuring at 30 weeks and HB 150 BPM. Have been getting lots of reflux, finding it hard to sleep. I have Zantac prescribed by my dr which helps, would be hell without it.

Serapod woo hoo on baby getting strong and past 30 weeks, how exciting. I don't think I've had any Braxton hicks yet...hopefully they don't freak me out too much...

I'm off to get my one born every minute fix original.gif

#10 LittleSpoon

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

Hey BBV, we got the quartz. Seems nice and neutral and I'd prefer not black as I worry it would get hot.

Are you hiring a capsule that can clip onto the pram, or is it just going to stay in the car?

My fundal height was 28 and the doc said baby looked normal size 'for me' which means on the smaller side... Phew!

Sorry to hear about the reflux, that's no fun sad.gif I still get heartburn, but I seem to be better at avoiding foods that trigger it.

#11 BBV

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

We also got the quartz. I really like it. We got the bassinet so will use the capsule for the car and transporting about the place.

#12 Alxeen

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

Littlespoon Spinning babies!! Could not recommend highly enough for the least invasive, and most effective way to get babies to turn original.gif http://www.spinningbabies.com/baby-positio...p/flip-a-breech    If you go to 'Baby Positions' then Breech there is a whole menu of info on there. Sounds like you'll need a capsule but if you've got a bassinet then getting one that clips onto the pram is kind of redundant. Maybe just hire a capsule? They are good for taking baby out and about in the early days.
5ratbags Oh boo to your accom people, that's really poor form. I hope you've been compensated in some way?
Serapod I've been getting BH too and it's making my tummy sore! Kind of exciting though that your body is starting to prepare itself and get ready. Often BH come on if you're dehydrated or been active, so often a lie down and water helps. I know mine have come on quite a bit due to too much activity.
AFM We had a really nice Christmas, just a small thing at Mums and it was very relaxing original.gif Of course it's hardly Christmas without some wort of drama and my cousin was being a right, selfish teenager in the lead up, but she decided to spend it with her boyfriend so we didn't have to put up with her pouty moods at least.Then we went away for a night up at my aunty's cottage in the hills and that was really lovely; I did plenty of lying down which I really needed. Now back home and DD and I have both caught DH's rotten cold, so we are both snivelling sacks of snot (sorry TMI) and having a pretty casual day today. Normally a cold would not bother me so much but when pregnant it really knocks you out. I never did get a call from pathology so I suppose this means I don't have GD, woohoo! I've got a growth scan and ob appointment next week so will get results then.

Sales Anyone got any good bargains? I haven't been brave enough to go to the shops but online looks pretty unimpressive, and I was saving up all my baby shopping until now as I thought everything would be mega cheap. Perhaps it's more store specific and I need to go in?

Apologies for shoddy formatting, I blame iPad!

Edited by Alxeen, 28 December 2012 - 10:04 AM.

#13 Cloria

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

Alxeen - What sort of stuff are you looking for sales for? I've gotten a few emails but deleted most of them.

mothercare.com.au have up to 50% off
mumgo.com.au have sales all the time but they are advertising "first ever warehouse clearance up to 90% off"
pumpkin patch still have sales going - bit confused because it says "1/2 price plus futher reductions up to 50% off" but then in small print says discount off original price. So isn't that just saying the same thing twice??
mybabywarehouse has got sales online too

#14 WhimsicalDragonfly

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

Hi everyone, hope you've all had a lovely Christmas. I've been a bit quiet for a while here as we've been busy with the renos in Nov & Dec, including two weeks staying with DHs parents, then trying to get the house back together for Christmas. We had three days of family gatherings including yesterday at our place.
The baby has been kicking and moving a lot lately which is really lovely. My tummy is a lot bigger but I still forget its there and get such a surprise when I see myself in photos.
We have made some progress with the nursery - we've put the cot together, the bassinet arrived, we picked up the pram and bought a capsule. I just need to find the chest of drawers/change table I like and a baby bath, a coverlet, and a mobile, then I think we're done. Unless I've forgotten something which is likely! (Little Spoon - I wasn't sure whether to get a capsule or not, it was an extra expense but am hoping that the convenience of the travel system pram will be worth it. Guess we'll see!)
Only 18 more days left at work!! I can't believe how quickly things are going. It's getting very exciting. Before too long we'll have posts about babies being born!

#15 BBV

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

Alxeen: I have been quite dissapointed that baby bunting hasn't put out a catalogue. They had 15% off boxing day but that's it so far. I'm waiting to buy an ergo, so hoping for a catalogue sale before March.

I'm heading to the shops tonight (myer and djs) to check out baby stuff. Djs have 20% off nursery, so I'm looking at nappy bags and manchester. I'm glad we got our cot and change table on sale before Christmas. Well let u girls know if I get any bargains.

#16 Emmaleee

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

David Jones has 30 % of Safe & Sound at the moment, i didn't check how long the sale goes for though!

#17 redmum77

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

Hey all!

Littlespoon, yes, ditto the spinning babies. Just give baby lots of room to move - which means not leaning back. Forward and side sleeping. Its a pain, especially on the couch! But worth the effort. I've got my ball out now to sit on when my back can cope with it. Also, I rent a capsule, they install them for you near our hospital I think, show you what to do and give hints about coping with lots of things and baby when getting in and out etc. if your car seat can go reverse facing then you'll be fine. Reverse for as long as possible original.gif

One born... Amazing to see a baby the size ours will shortly be! We both sw the baby and then looked at my belly, lol!

Braxton hicks, I've been getting heaps for ages. Normal for a third.... And yes, more when I haven't drunk gallons of water or if I wear something that it tighter around my belly. I breathe through it, just like a contraction!

Me... Ibs is a shocker over Christmas, so I'll have to get my body back in order soon or my weight will drop sad.gif
Nursery is all set up! Cot put together, decals on the wall (tree) and change table full of nappies. DH did nearly all of it... Especially clearing the room out in the fist place. I need a bath stand, I've only got a bath, and a nappy bucket. Little things I forgot about really. I got a cover for my old rocking chair, so that's saved lots of money.

Cherio!

#18 Wildence

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

Hello lovely pregnant ladies,

i normally dont post much, but try to always be up to date with this thread.

good to know everyone is doing well and shopping for baby stuff.

time flies, cant believe we will be seeing our little ones in less then 3 months original.gif

was reading about survival rate, and after 28 weeks it is over 95%. at 24 weeks its 20%. may be i am a weird one, but thinking about it makes me feel better, especially after having one miscarriage.

is anyone into Chinese horoscope? Year of the Snake starts on 10 Feb. I have been reading a little about characteristics of people born in the Year of Snake, and i must say i have mixed feelings. (am i just thinking into this too much???) all sources are very similar.

CHARACTERISTICS
Acute, Aware, Cunning, Proud, Vain, Vicious
SNAKE INFANT AND CHILD

Snake children are often loners, enjoying playing by themselves, quietly in their yards or bedrooms. They are often hampered with learning disabilities and thus need patience from teachers and parents. Teachers and parents may have to invest extra time and tutorials in the Snake child in order to keep him up-to-date with all of the other children in the class. When picked on or upset, Snake children tend to pout and hold grudges and when embarrassed or angry, they will lash out at the culprit as quickly as they were made fun of.

http://www.usbridalguide.com/special/chine...copes/Snake.htm

http://www.hanban.com/chinese-culture/chin...year-snake.html

any thoughts on this?

Edited by Wildence, 31 December 2012 - 12:26 AM.

#19 WhimsicalDragonfly

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

Baby position - I've been giving this a bit of thought and just as I vow to do more walking, yoga and pilates, I'm now sick.  I spent most of yesterday in bed with a sore throat.  Feeling a little better today but still hurts a bit to talk.  Am disappointed as DH and I had hoped to spend some time at the pool over the break.  Instead we're inside sad.gif But at least I'm getting some time to do more online shopping for baby products!  I noticed some big and bold looking veins in my feet today so I'm worried about varicose veins too!  Arghh....  but back to the baby positioning... when I read you're post Redmum, I sat up straight in my chair straight away!  I am guilty of slouching too much I think.  I may have to get my Swiss ball pumped up and sit on it more.

Year of the Snake - I hadn't thought about it, but yeah Wildence, the description doesn't sound all that uplifting! I'm not  going to focus on it though!  I think each baby is more likely to be a product of their experiences growing up, rather than the product of the Chinese horoscope for that year. But that's just my beliefs of course  blush.gif

I'm finally getting a quiet New Years but much quieter than I'd hoped.  We were going to a friend's house then home for DVDs but now we're just staying in as I'm not well enough to go out.

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday period, and has a happy new years!

Edited by WhimsicalDragonfly, 31 December 2012 - 01:57 PM.

#20 redmum77

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

Hey! I like horoscope stuff for fun, but not really into the Chinese ones, I don't get how a whole year of people can be the same. Thats a whole grade at school of people needing extra help! So if it IS true, then at least ours won't stand out, lol!

WDFly, lol! Slouching is comfy.. But isn't at the end anyway, so sitting up becomes the only way to breathe! I'm getting shocking back pain and I won't say too much about my vuvlal varicosity, gross, and very sore sad.gif so I'm lucky DH I just so happy to have a baby that he doesn't mind my complaining! I take a panadol when I have to go out...  Oh well, there are lots more summers to enjoy! My SIL was stuck in hospital at this point and onwards with that really bad morning sickness, so I'm glad it's not that bad original.gif

Off for some dinner, then sparklers for new years and maybe do the calendars - early happy new year everyone!

#21 Alxeen

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Sales I'm probably up to date with most sales, but I think the issue is that nothing I want is on sale, and I was so expecting everything to be! In particular I wanted to get capsules on sale, but think we may need to bite the bullet and just get some at full price - kind of essential!! BBV I'm disappointed with Baby Bunting too, I went in and got a few things but nothing I did get was on sale, but at least I had a voucher from work.

Slouching Yes ladies, sit up nice and straight, legs apart (ok not that feminine but does help), and belly just slightly forward. Not only will it widen your pelvis and help bubs get comfy down there, it has also been shown to encourage babies to sit in the anterior position, especially for first time Mums. I am soooooo conscious of my posture now, especially as there are two I'd like to get down if possible.

AFM All going well here, I have a growth scan tomorrow and going to bring DD and my Mum so pretty excited about that. DD is desperate to know the gender but we don't want to find out so we've compromised and I'm going to tell her what my hunch is. DH is still very eager for a surprise so we'll have to be very diligent keeping our mouths shut!

Happy New Years everyone!!

#22 LittleSpoon

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Happy new year everyone! This year we will welcome our new babies into the world... How exciting!

Thanks for the advice re: spinning babies and posture. I've been trying... And I'm going to catch up with my doula next week who is going to help me too.

I've been disappointed with the sales too.  Other than the pram, nothing of what we need is on sale.

Wildence - I don't give those predictions too much thought, after all, not every kid born this year is going to have the same characteristics. I look at those things as a but if fun, but there are many other things that have a big impact on a persons personality.

AFM - feeling a little drained after all the family visitors over Christmas, but otherwise everything is going pretty well.  Had some serious Braxton hicks today!

#23 lozoodle

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

Morning everyone! Just popping in to say hi! I've been bad with posting here as I've been on annual leave and its annoying updating in here on the ipad. Just about to have a read through and see what everyone has been up to. Hope everyone had a lovely christmas and yay for it being 2013 - we are having babies this year! biggrin.gif

#24 Studybug

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

HI ladies

Hope you're all well, and WDragonfly I hope you're feeling better today!

And a bright and big Happy New Year to everyone!!  We took DS to a good vantage point on Sth Bris side for the kiddie fireworks.  Finished off the Xmas chocolate crackles and played with some sparklers then watched the fireworks.  It was lovely.

Sales: I haven't been paying too much attention to store sales as we don't need alot of the big stuff.  From memory, when we had DS (who's orig due date was only 8 days before this LO) Baby Bunting had great stuff on sale mid January.  I think we cut it pretty fine in getting the car seat and pram in time, but managed to save almost $400 total on both, that was in 2010 tho.  Oh and Cloria, not sure whether to thank you or curse you for the mumgo sale site introduction!  I've spent the last few days putting in orders for not only bub stuff, but all sorts of household stuff biggrin.gif .  

Slouching:  I have the worst posture so thanks for this advice.  I'm actually finding sleeping on my tummy with some pillows strategically placed to be the most comfortable position due to my hips aching so much at night that side sleeping is pretty much impossible, so at least that's something for getting bub's in position.

Year of the Snake: DH is year of the snake, and he's not really like any of the descriptions I read except maybe the playing alone thing, and he certainly can put an impressive sulk on when he wants wink.gif , but is not a grudge holder at all.  So there's hope yet for our bubs lol.

Wildence:  knowing that sort of stuff also makes me feel a little calmer and positive when considering the possibility of what ifs.

Have a great day everyone.
Chat soon,
Txo

#25 lozoodle

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

OMG 8 weeks to go! biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly café goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.